PDA

View Full Version : General Obi-Wan (in clone armor)

Reefer Shark
08-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Easy custom for a nice looking obi wan in clone armor:

You need Obi-Wans head, helmet, cape, and weapons from the Sith vs Jedi battle pack, and an AT-TE gunner.

* Take the gunners head and shoulder strap off
* Put Obi-Wans head, and cape on (you can secure the skirt around his waist with one of those clear rubber bands that come with you figures)

That's it. He can really only hold his lance and helmet well, so I would say he's only good for display. You could probably do a much better one with a 41 clone, you would just need to dremmel down the neck-peg to fit Obi's head's smaller hole. I might fire up the old dremmel and try this myself..

Here's a link to a pic of mine:
General Obi-Wan (in clone armor) (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11912)

Captain Spoon
08-05-2005, 07:40 AM
That looks really sweet. I don't see why Hasbro dosn't just do taht themselves and card the damn thing. I would love to have the toon version of this figure too.

kool-aid killer
08-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Very cool Reefer Shark, i like how complete the clone armor looks on him compared to the way the Sith vs. Jedi pack Obis does. Captain Spoon, i too would love an animated Clone Obi figure. I think it would be a no brainer, it is another version of a core character, and we all know how Hasbro likes to milk the main guys.

Reefer Shark
08-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys! :)

Actually, you could probably make a animated version fairly easily too. You could take the cape and lance from the battle pack, animated clone body, animated Obi Wan head and sabre - kitbash all those guys together.

The only real challenge would be Obi's head and the clone body b/c Obi's head is a swivel joint, and the clone body has the neck-peg. You'd probably have to dremmel out a hole in Obi's head or something.

mastermatt24
08-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Looking good Reefer! :D Anyone have a pick of how bad he looks regulary?? I have yet to see him or that pack...

Jayspawn
08-07-2005, 09:03 AM
He's not that bad mastermatt24, its his head sculpt thats a little off. He just looks funny.

Reefer Shark
08-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks mastermatt! I'm happy to accept any praise from an artist such as yourself!
On the Battle-pack Obi-Wan: Obi-Wan himself is not so bad (if you don't mind the peg-holes in his limbs, these are used to hold his armor).

When you put the General Obi armor on him, he looks like crap. The armor only covers half of each limb, and you don't get the complete look because he has flesh colored hands, and between the armor his tan cloak shows (instead of the black body suit that supposed to be under the clone armor).

Here's a comparison pic of the battle-pack Obi and my custom:

Slicker
08-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Geez, does that Battle Pack armor look cheap on him or what? You definitely improved it by a tenfold margin Reefer. Flippin' sweet!

mastermatt24
08-07-2005, 01:59 PM
When you put the General Obi armor on him, he looks like crap.
:eek: woha... that is horrible. I wont be buying that set at all. Well, maybe on clearence. :D I do have enough gunners & 41's lying around..

Qui-Long Gone
08-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Reefer....you make junk look like gold....but were you able to save Anakin?

piratefett
08-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Thanks mastermatt! I'm happy to accept any praise from an artist such as yourself!
On the Battle-pack Obi-Wan: Obi-Wan himself is not so bad (if you don't mind the peg-holes in his limbs, these are used to hold his armor).

When you put the General Obi armor on him, he looks like crap. The armor only covers half of each limb, and you don't get the complete look because he has flesh colored hands, and between the armor his tan cloak shows (instead of the black body suit that supposed to be under the clone armor).

Here's a comparison pic of the battle-pack Obi and my custom:

OMG!!!! your's kills that mess of a figure!!!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Heres an animated one Im workin on, Im not sure it looks so good though.:(

Reefer Shark
08-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Thanks fellas!

---

Hey Rebo,
Pretty cool. Now you just need to paint those red parts white, and figure out the cloak. How did you get Obi's head on the clone body?

mastermatt24
08-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Heres an animated one Im workin on, Im not sure it looks so good though.:(
Why do you say that?? It looks fine, and besides- its not even finished. Keep working and it will turn out. :)

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-11-2005, 04:04 AM
Thanks fellas!

---

Hey Rebo,
Pretty cool. Now you just need to paint those red parts white, and figure out the cloak. How did you get Obi's head on the clone body?

Thanks. I cut the clones head off at the neck, did the same to Obi and just super glued it on. I painted the neck black so it might look a lil better, still have to paint the rest though. Oh, I also gave him a deep cut almost all the way through HIS left elbow to flatten it out some and filled it with epoxy.

The Whills
08-17-2005, 01:47 AM
Ha, I was just coming on here to post about this myself, looks like someone beat me to it...But anyway, it's an awesome, and most importantly easy to make custom. I was hoping this would be possible ever since I had seen pictures of the battlepack seeing as how this obi-wan was probably one of my most highly desired figures of the year, and hasbro had to screw it up.

mastermatt24
08-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Just be glad you got it at all..

CloneRangerUK
08-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi,

Am new to the site, just thought you might like to see the customs that I made........hopefully the pictures stay attached when I post this!

http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/c1/d0/eb_1_b.JPG http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/c9/fc/22_1_b.JPG

The reason the links are for Ebay is because I have put copies of these up for auction.

Cheers, CloneRangerUK.

mastermatt24
08-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Wow- that animated one looks great! Did you sell them?

CloneRangerUK
08-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi, glad you like it - I was quite impressed the way they turned out myself!

They cost a bit to put together though as they are made up from several figures that I bought from new.

They are still on there with about 8 days to go:

5994709679 for the animated one & 5994712322 for the 'live' Jedi Vs Sith version.

Thanks for looking.....

mastermatt24
08-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Thats to bad youre selling them.. :sad:

Anyways here's a sneak peak from Matt Productions:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/Art/?action=view&current=TatooineSunset.jpg
:D

CloneRangerUK
08-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Oh, they are a spare pair, I have kept a pair for myself as well.....

mastermatt24
08-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Oh, ok. Thats good.

Hellboy
09-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Great idea Reefer. That turned out looking really nice. :thumbsup:

I'd love to do this as well but paying $20 for just Obi-Wan's armor out of that POS Jedi/Sith Battle pack sure sucks. Maybe I'll just give Hasbro some time and they'll re-release it somewhere down the line.

Luuuuuuke
09-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Clone armor for Obi Wan? More like “Clown Armor” if you ask me. It sounded like, and in the box, kinda looked like a good concept. But in execution, it’s absolutely comical. It looks absolutely stupid. And exactly what kind of clone is he supposed to look like? He looks more like someone at a Star Wars premiere who couldn’t quite decided who he was going to dress up as.
I might try that AT-TE gunner custom.

tgr3328
10-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Since the battle pack clone armor Obi-Wan looks so ridiculous, I am also thinking about making one. This is a figure that is just begging to be made (made right, that is) since nearly every other Obi-Wan is the same.

I tried the head from #56 Obi-Wan on the AT-TE gunner. The head fits fine, but the neck is too long. He looks like a turtle!

I am thinking about using a #41 clone body since the arm articulation is better than that of the AT-Te clone. Has anyone actually trimmed down the ball joint? I am wondering if it is hard to trim it down where it is round and smooth enough to fit well.

The clone commander might also be a good choice. You could trim up the kilt and have a belt that would fit over a cloth cape.

Any ideas?

tgr3328
11-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Ok, here is my custom General Obi-Wan in clone armor.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2558

I made him with the following:

AT-TE Driver
Pilot Obi-Wan
Saga/Clone Wars speeder bike pilot.

The great thing is, everything gets used. You still have three figures when you get done.

I had to switch neck pegs as well as the heads on the pilot and AT-TE figures, otherwise you get clone armor turkey-neck Obi-Wan and no-neck Jango pilot. This was done with an x-acto saw blade. First, however, I drilled through the neck and inserted a wooden dowel to re-enforce the neck when it was attached to the new body. The necks were glued on with super glue. I used a little paint to touch up the collar on the clone armor and I had to paint the flesh on the pilot body a little darker to match the Jango head (it was easier than painting the face).

The Saga speeder biker pilot gets the EPIII helmet and becomes an EPIII trooper while Obi-Wan gets the EPII helmet. The lance is a force pike from the POTF2 sandtrooper with dewback.

I like the clone armor figure, but the arm articulation leaves a lot to be desired. The other figure can be Jango in street clothes or a generic Jedi figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Looks good! The clone could actually be from the ROTS deleted scene that's not on the DVD (though there is a picture of it in the stills gallery), where clones at the temple dress as Jedi to sabotage the Jedi when Yoda and Obi-Wan come back.

CaptainSolo1138
11-18-2005, 09:18 AM
where clones at the temple dress as Jedi to sabotage the Jedi when Yoda and Obi-Wan come back.
Seriously? I've never heard of this and, since I don't have the DVD yet, haven't seen the pic. That sounds like a cool idea.

mastermatt24
11-19-2005, 01:44 AM
Lookin good!
kinda off subject but- I just saw ur avi solo and I was wondering if something is up with KH?? :confused:

Slicker
11-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Lookin good!
kinda off subject but- I just saw ur avi solo and I was wondering if something is up with KH?? :confused:I'll stay off topic to kinda answer. KH has been havin' comp problems and personal type problems but look for his triumphant return sometime around the day after Thanksgiving when he's supposed to buy a new computer with one of the Black Friday sales.:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-19-2005, 12:18 PM
For the clone/Jedi scene, I heard some stuff about it, and there are some transcripts of the scene online. Also, in the Lego video game, that scene kind of made it into the game.

In the film, it was going to be that Obi-Wan was gonna be a drooling fool, carrying what he called a baby in his arms in a blanket/cloak. The baby turned out to be Yoda and they both attacked the clones. Gee I wish this had been in the film. :rolleyes:

CaptainSolo1138
11-19-2005, 07:31 PM
I'll stay off topic to kinda answer. KH has been havin' comp problems and personal type problems but look for his triumphant return sometime around the day after Thanksgiving when he's supposed to buy a new computer with one of the Black Friday sales.:thumbsup:
I think he asked me, ya jerk. Man, always trying to steal my (false) thunder.