PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Strike Force Bowling

DarkArtist
08-05-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey was bowling last night at the Mid State Bowl in East Brunswick NJ and saw the billboard and the display for this league starting in September. It is only 24 a week for a team of two and goes until the end of December. After completion of the league you can choose one of two prize packages.
The first is a Star Wars bowling ball (seven different designs), a bowling bag and a certificate saying you have completing the bowling league and are an official Jedi Master Bowler. :) (The balls look awesome by the way)
The second prize pack is all six movie edition posters from the saga, a Star Wars logo baseball cap and a lifesize ROTS Darth Vader Standee.
Also during the league their will be weekly prizes awarded for I guess the best bowler or the worst or average or however that works. I was talking to the manager of the alley and he said some of the prizes will include Hasbro Toys, memberships to Hyperspace as well as prop replica's. Sound like a good deal.
After all is said and done the league for the 16 weeks comes out to about $300. :)
Anyway the reason for this post was to see if anyone else is going to be doing this as well, as my Fiance' and I signed up last night for the Sunday League, and was thinking it could be a great way for other members of the forum to meet, talk and share experiences of Star Wars with each other. it may also be a good way to establish connections with other members, and a way of getting some of the hard ot find product from each other. :)

JimJamBonds
08-05-2005, 10:11 AM
WOW sounds pretty awesome to me DA! If I were in your neck of the woods I'd get in on that. :)

CaptainSolo1138
08-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Keep us updated, DA, and let us know if it's as cool as it sounds!

Captain Spoon
08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
I was thinking about doing it at my local alley (Massachusetts) I do suck royaly at bowling but the Balls are wicked cool looking. (I like the Boba Fett one)

DarkArtist
08-05-2005, 12:07 PM
I think if I'm not mistaken the league is nationwide. I think it was posted on the website as well as StarWars.com. I already have two other friends who are going to be joining as well and they said they will give me their balls as well.
So far I will be getting a Darth Maul, Yoda (My fiance loves yoda), Princess Leia and a mystery one, most likely the Mustafar Duel/ Vader Ball. :D
Definately will keep you posted on what's up with this. :)
I am told that the league starts after Labor Day so i'm not sure if they are going to let anyone join afterwards.

JimJamBonds
08-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Yes it is on StarWars.com

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20050722.html

JediTricks
08-05-2005, 04:05 PM
I was confused by how players can get the SW bowling balls, one article says you get 'em when you complete the league tournament, another said you buy 'em when you get into the league, it made it hard for me to put it into the SSG news. It looks like a cool idea, I wish I wasn't such a horrible bowler (I used to be just a mediocre bowler ;) but I broke a finger in '93 during volleyball and haven't been able bowl worth spit ever since).

DarkArtist
08-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Yeah you can either buy the ball alone for about $200 or if you join the league it costs like $120, but while your paying your weekly dues you are in fact paying for the ball. So it is a pretty good deal in the end, and yes the ball comes only after the league finishes.
I'm not the best bowler either but it still is going to fun just to play and win some prizes, I think when you sign up you get like a 3-D Holographic yoda poster as well. :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-06-2005, 03:27 PM
I went bowling last night too and saw the advertisments aplenty for the Star Wars Strike Force Bowling League. I even took a little catalogue (which I have already seemingly lost but will hopefully find) that gives details about the league, what can be won, etc.

Walking in to the place they had a few Star Wars toys advertised (a talking Yoda) and at least two banners that details information on the league. I would love to join but I doubt that I will have the time too, unless it is a weekend league.

DarkArtist has supplied a lot of the details of the league, but if I find that catalogue and see anything else that I can add, I will let you know.

JediTricks
08-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah you can either buy the ball alone for about $200 or if you join the league it costs like $120, but while your paying your weekly dues you are in fact paying for the ball. So it is a pretty good deal in the end, and yes the ball comes only after the league finishes.
I'm not the best bowler either but it still is going to fun just to play and win some prizes, I think when you sign up you get like a 3-D Holographic yoda poster as well. :)
Hmm, that's an interesting way to do it. I am very curious to find out how this promotion/league goes over.

DarkArtist
08-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Well I just signed up last night and they gave me a free 3-D picture of Anakin's and Obi Wan's Starfighters leading a squadrom of ARC-170's. Pretty Cool, the league starts on Spet 11th so I will keep you guys posted weekly or if anything cool happens.
The Lady who helped me with the application said that they are thinking of hiring people to dress like the characters from the movies and be giving away Hasbro products on the first day of the league. Could be cool to bowl along side Vader or even Jar Jar ????? :laugh:

JimJamBonds
08-17-2005, 11:23 PM
I stumbled upon a bowling alley that is offering the SW deal... only problem is that the goodies are for 'kids only.' :upset:

DarkArtist
08-18-2005, 03:26 PM
I not sure why they said that the goodies for kids only as i am signed up for the yoda and Darth Maul Bowling balls plus bags. Also the lady at my bowling alley confirmed that the league is for all Star Wars fans of all ages and the prizes are as well. She said there was too be two sets of prizes awarded weekly one set for Adults and another for Kids. While I was there they had a few prizes on hand including some of the ships and figures as well as a MR Anakin FX Lightsaber.
I would check again just to be sure since the league is set up for both adults and kids. It might be that on the date you selected it might be just for kids. I know at my alley there were four different dates, one just for adults one for kids and two for mixed

JimJamBonds
08-19-2005, 12:48 AM
This particular place had a Strike Force poster on the wall along with meeting times, price and start date all written in marker. It said that only kids get the goods which I thought was funny. I only went into the bowling alley to use the bathroom otherwise I would have asked wtf? lol