PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart Exclusive Imperial Throne Room Battle Pack.

Battle Droid
08-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Posted this here since the Hoth Battle Pack was posted here.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4764&zoneid=2

Deoxyribonucleic
08-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Funny how they put a stormtrooper in there and not a darth vader?? There was never once (in the movies at least) a stormtrooper in the Emperor's Throne room lol

DarkArtist
08-06-2005, 02:27 PM
And all repacks to boot. not even one one or improved figure. This would have been a good set to include a vader and Luke. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-06-2005, 03:49 PM
I'll be passing on this set, as I don't want another Palpatine and dignitary and I have several stormtroopers and guards already. Nice box though.

DarthQuack
08-06-2005, 06:05 PM
It's amazing how many times they can try and sell us the same figures.

Bacta Beast
08-06-2005, 07:08 PM
They should have put the other dignitary in it, If not a new Luke or Vader. But I think we have enough good Vaders now.

mastermatt24
08-06-2005, 07:38 PM
What a piece of junk! I was getting worried that I might actually have to go into a Kmart again.. :cry:

Devo
08-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I'll consider this one - I didn't buy the Saga Emperor figure because of the giant hood but giving 2 Saga royal guards and a nice backdrop is a slight incentive.

Slicker
08-06-2005, 09:43 PM
It's nice looking but has 2 down sides that have already been noted: The Stormtrooper and that it's a K-Mart exclusive. I'll make an attempt to get this one but seeing as I rarely go into KM then I doubt I'll find it.

jjreason
08-07-2005, 01:46 AM
Ahhhhh, sweet relief. No new figures = no need to track this down for my collection.

kool-aid killer
08-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Im with JJ, on this one. No new figures means i have no desire for this set. I like the inclusion of the stormtrooper though, its slightly better than what else they could have put in the set.

Turbowars
08-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Way to go Hasbro, yet another sack O crap.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Maybe if they put this on a blue-light special . . . . I'll get it, but that would be the only reason. I have almost all of those figures loos (except for the Imperial Dignitary) but he isn't worth getting the exclusive for. It would make a nice display though.

ROTJLuke
08-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Im def. passing on this one, its not even worth my time :o

Veers
08-09-2005, 11:32 PM
That is cool.

Kidhuman
08-09-2005, 11:47 PM
This set int even worth the money. You can still get the Dignatary at retail.This set is Bantha Poodoo

jedi master sal
08-10-2005, 11:04 AM
It's amazing how many times they can try and sell us the same figures.

Don'tcha mean the same CRAPPY figures???

If these we're SA or new sculpts, I'd venture to say that we'd get the set. What's offered as of now in this set leaves ALOT to be desired.

ROTJLuke
08-11-2005, 11:29 AM
exactly, this set is terrible

kool-aid killer
08-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Hopefully there are enough completists out there who absolutely must have this set or else im going to be worried that they will be around for a long time. Kmart isnt exactly known for being on point with their Star Wars toys, we dont need something like this battle pack to make them even slower.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-11-2005, 12:48 PM
I've totally given up on KMart. Even driving by a store gives me the creeps. I don't see how that place stays in business. Crummy repacks like these sure won't help.

dindae
08-11-2005, 03:37 PM
I am really tired of Hasbro and their repacking, repainting ways. This set sucks. the only positive for me is that because there is absolutely nothing new I don't have to buy it. I just don't get it at all. As many pointed out why no Vader, why release the saga guards and not use the ROTS guards, why not do dignitary Sim Aloo and give the set some value rather than pitch in the one that warmed the pegs for months, that emporer and that goofy hood have got to go, and if I'm getting a stormtrooper why not the VOTC. The only reason I can see for any of these decisions is that its cheaper. Unfortunately if you make all of your decisions on what is cheaper then you get what we have here a cheap piece of crap. But it saves the company money you say so they can give us new ship molds .. no, new playsets ... no, a online store that sells figures we can't find at retail... no. Just where is all the money going that they are supposedly saving. Look I don't want crap anymore. I like the quality of the new figures, but if they have to charge more money just charge me more money don't pass of this cheap garbage. It only hurts interest in the line when you look at what you bought and think why the hell did I buy that!

JawaJoe
08-11-2005, 04:47 PM
I'll prolly get this set when it goes on clearance for $10.

OC47150
08-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I'll prolly get this set when it goes on clearance for $10.

Same here.

TheDarthVader
08-11-2005, 10:18 PM
I agree. It does not make good sense to put in the saga royal guard when hasbro could have put in the awesome ep3 royal guard. Why? Oh, why not do that? Why not use good figures? JEEZ!

B.
TDV

abell748
08-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Hasbro missed a great chance to make an awesome set. People are still searching for the ROTS guards, that alone would ensure this set is not around for the next 2 years at a Kmart near you!!! I would have been happy if they kit bashed the Emperor and put on the EP1 Sidious head on that body. Here was the chance for a new DSII Luke or a new Imp Dignitary or something that would make COLLECTORS buy the set, as it stands now it will be bought by scalpers and returned when they can't give them away on ebay. But, I do enjoy Hasbro not dipping into my pockets for this one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Even if they just repainted Janus Greejatus to be the other dignitary that looks similar to him, and put in the ROTS guards, I'd buy this set. It would have been so easy, too, but they took the stupid way out.