PDA

View Full Version : The Thing Spider head bust!

Turbowars
08-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Check this out guys! Soto toys is making a resin bust of the spider head thing from the movie THE THING by John Carpenter. http://www.sotatoys.com/news-archive-display.asp?lngID=89

Turbowars
09-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Am I the only one that wants this thing?

Reefer Shark
09-24-2005, 10:23 AM
That's pretty cool Matt. I love JC's The Thing, and that bust reminds of the McFarlane figure that I had years ago.

I would love to have it, but unfortunately I just don't have the space to start in on another line. :(

Ji'dai
09-24-2005, 03:23 PM
This movie was scary as hell when I first saw it. The effects still stand up today too. I dunno about that Spider head bust though....

I saw pics for a MacReady vs. the infected Huskies figure box set but I'm not sure who made it. I was thinking NECA but it could be SOTA.

Turbowars
09-24-2005, 08:11 PM
That's pretty cool Matt. I love JC's The Thing, and that bust reminds of the McFarlane figure that I had years ago.

I would love to have it, but unfortunately I just don't have the space to start in on another line. :(I'm only getting this guy. I don't really remember seeing what other stuff they were doing. The Thing is my all time favorite horror film.

Like Ji'dai said, the effects still stand up today too.

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 08:44 PM
That is cool. I may have to get that

Ji'dai
09-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Here is a pic of that box set I mentioned with MacReady shooting the infected Huskies. It is made by SOTA as part of their "Now Playing" line and is due out next month.

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 03:27 PM
That is a nice set. Are there any others or just these 2?

Turbowars
09-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Here is a pic of that box set I mentioned with MacReady shooting the infected Huskies. It is made by SOTA as part of their "Now Playing" line and is due out next month.It's all right I guess. I really don't like seeing those dogs shot though. I fast forward throught that part. Being a owner of dogs and cats it bothers me, so I'm passing on the set.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-21-2005, 12:25 PM
my mom would get that...seriously! That's one of her favorite movies next to Alien and Aliens of which she has several figures and playsets from. :)

that sculpt is super cool, they did a great job on it!