PDA

View Full Version : Known upcoming releases and dates of Master Replica items

Cirielle
08-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi Everyone - I didn't see a thread like this and figured that maybe we could centralize all the information as well as maybe get some feedback via Master Replica on these dates as well.
I will start with the little to none information I know of -

Borders Exclusive LED Luke FX Saber - Oct. 4th
CS Club Kit - shipping mid - late August

Beyond that I don't know.

Also I was thinking this would be a great thread for items that we will find out are going to be released. - I.E. Luke Saber - but going beyond that to even rumors or things that Master Replica may have stated at conventions here recently that although may be listed somewhere aren't necessarily listed on their site, or everywhere readily available.

(Hope this makes sense as I am working on 2 hours sleep here! :crazed: )

nash
08-08-2005, 11:38 AM
You forgot to mention ObiWan TPM EE - November

Jayspawn
08-09-2005, 10:30 AM
nash, I thought (and heard) the Obi-Wan TPM was going to be a LE, as they only released the AOTC version a few years ago?

Amy are you able to chime in with any information?

Cirielle
08-09-2005, 07:53 PM
So no one else wants to chime in with some known releases from MR???????????

Come on - you know you wanna post!!!!!!! YOU KNOW YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Cirielle
08-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Alrighty - got another tidbit of Master Replica information -

Euro exclusives of Darth Sidious Chrome and Yoda Chrome. There is some question still on this - but they are supposed to be out in November?

Anyways - here is the link to Rebelscum forums -
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1338648&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1338648

nash
08-10-2005, 02:24 PM
nash, I thought (and heard) the Obi-Wan TPM was going to be a LE, as they only released the AOTC version a few years ago?

Amy are you able to chime in with any information?

Here you go guys, as quoted word for word by MRSTEVE himself....

Hey guys! Lemme throw out some info and clear up any gray areas.

Obi-Wan Ep 1 Elite Edition!

Let's begin...

-Polished Stainless Steel construction with black areas done in semi-gloss anodized aluminum. (You can't anodize stainless steel or brass).

-White crystals in the three "LED areas" and one purple crystal in the hemi inside the bike valve adapter. No crystal in the emitter.

-We are TRYING to do the reverse knurl on the red-anodized knob. A custom tool may have to be created for this, as nobody we have ever talked to has heard of a female knurl. More to come on that...

-All dimensions/details have been done to match the Ep 1 lightsaber prop (the Ep 2 prop has slightly different details and dimensions; don't know why.) So, this one is not a re-do, it was created from scratch.

-MAY be increased to an edition size of 1250 to accomodate those who couldn't get in on the 1000-unit runs. Limit of two per CS customer just like the Luke ANH.

-Probably mid-November release but not sure yet.

-It will be super-groovy-cool.

-Elite Edition printed in dark gray on the pommel but no edition number printed on the saber. NOW, before ya'll run for the pitchforks and torches and re-enact the ending of Frankenstein, allow me to explain...

We did the numbering on the Luke ROTJ Elite and it caused a LOT of logistical headaches with returns/swaps/damaged sabers/declined cards/undeliverable packages/ect. Our system simply can't handle putting the number there, so while we agree with you that it is a great idea to do it, we just can't at this time. The people who say They are STUPID for not doing that need to understand that there are a thousand factors that they don't see that go into pulling this off and we learned that we just can't handle it. Sorry, but it can't happen.

After the Luke ROTJ EE, poor Amy had to go through rehab. We love her too much to put her through that again.

-We DID listen to everyone on the number on the plaque thing and we WILL be numbering the plaques XXXX of XXXX.

That is all we know for right now as we are still deep in the early development stages. So, please don't follow this post up with 1000 more questions and PMs, because we will just look at you funny.

More to come when we actually KNOW more...

Thanks!

This was quoted by AMY today. The Obi EE will be on a pre-order basis.

The Obi EEs will not ship out immediately as the Luke did however they should ship by the end of the year. I do not know the total amount of the Obi EEs as of yet. The number will be preset as all other elites.

and finally some pics to make you drool of what to expect.
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5564/jlobis5ya.jpg

Jayspawn
08-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Damn! It is an Elite Edition! I was hoping for an LE.

nash
08-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Im pretty stoked its going to be an EE. youre not into the EE versions?

Jayspawn
08-12-2005, 10:21 AM
I have nothing against the EEs. I havnt needed/wanted to get one becase I have the LEs which as I've seen it, look identical. I was hoping MR would do a full LE run of Obi-Wan's TPM saber as its great looking and I know a lot of people missed the AOTC version.

Cirielle
08-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Other MR things coming soon:

The scaled lightsaber case - Oct/Nov $19.99 + 10 for shipping

Darth Vader Full-size helmet - price not sure but guestimated at $899 due to Target having them for pre-order

As soon as I find out more I will update!

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 03:00 PM
August/September: Yoda .45 ROTS Lightsaber
Mid to Late September: Darth Vader ROTS LE, Darth Vader ROTS .45 Lightsaber
Late September/October: Darth Tyrannus ROTS .45 Lightsaber
October 4th: Luke ROTJ Borders LED FX
October/November: Obi-Wan TPM EE, MR Exclusive Shocktrooper ROTS Clone Helmet
November: Retailer Exclusive Special Ops (501st) Clone Helmet, Standard ROTS Clone Helmet
November/December/Jan 2006: Darth Vader ROTS Helmet (pre-order Aug)
Dec 10th: Star Wars Shop Exclusive Star Corps ROTS Clone Helmet
Q1 2006: Qui-Gon Jinn TPM LE, ANH Stormtrooper Helmet, Darth Maul TPM
Semi-Confirmed 2006: SS 32" Millennium Falcon, SS Y-Wing, Boba Fett ESB Helmet, Darth Vader ROTS FX, Qui-Gon Jinn .45 Mini (CS Kit 2006 exclusive)

Rumored 2006: Boba Fett ROTJ Blaster, X-Wing Helmet, Obi-Wan ROTS FX (recently pushed back from Q4 2005, still in planning stages), Qui-Gon Jinn FX

mcfly50
08-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info Jedi_Mike!

Jayspawn
08-18-2005, 12:56 AM
I didnt think MR had said anything about a Qui-Gon LE or mini yet.

Umbra
08-18-2005, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the dates mike. I'm eyeing that tyranus saber as my starter

Jedi_Mike
08-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Amy from Master Replicas confirmed the Qui-Gon LE will be a 2006 offering and hinted at the .45:

Hi Amy,

I'm sure you've heard this question more than you would admit, even behind closed doors. I've searched the forum, but couldn't find an answer, so please forgive me for asking.

Qui-Gon Jinn lightsaber Limited Edition: Is there going to be one?

Thanks!

MRCUSTOMERCARE: 2006!!!!

Hello Amy,

Someone else asked earlier, but I didn't see an answer, so I'll ask: Is there going to be A Qui-Gon Jinn mini next year to accompany the LE?

Also, do you know how many minis will be produced next year, and when we'll be finding out which sabers will be made next year?

Thanks!

MRCUSTOMERCARE: I cannot confirm 100% but it will probably be next year's Mini that comes with the purchase of the 2006 CS!

Jayspawn
08-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Good to hear! This year and next are great years for replicas!

lukespop
08-19-2005, 01:59 AM

Jedi Mike, What kind of Darth Maul replica is coming out? I thought they covered them all. Is it an EE?

nash
08-19-2005, 03:20 AM
Correction: Amy from MR just stated today that the Qui Gon .45 mini will NOT be offered with the 2006 Collectors Society Kits. They have another .45 that will be offered but she did not say which it was. But she did say that we will all be VERY pleased.... Hmmm i wonder what it could be. Some people are speculating things from the Obi TPM or even a mini blaster. Who knows...

Jedi_Mike
08-19-2005, 09:51 AM

Jedi Mike, What kind of Darth Maul replica is coming out? I thought they covered them all. Is it an EE?

Its actually an FX. It will ship with one side as the "Battle Damaged" Version but come with a connector piece to attach to a separate Darth Maul FX and make a full size version. The estimate is that once put together it will be 8 feet long. Yup, Amy confirmed they pulled the Qui-Gon Jinn .45 from the 2006 CS package, which IMO is better because its my favorite Lightsaber so I'd like the opportunity to track down Gold and possibily a Black Smoked Chrome version.

We are no longer having the Qui-Gon mini for the 2006 CS kits. This has been changed. We think you will be very excited about the one we have chosen! Stay tuned!

This is one of the reasons that we try not to give too much info up front because things are not always set in stone and are subject to change.

Since she didn't use the term "lightsaber" as we all expected I'd put my money on this being the first offering of .45 Mini Blasters. I look for it to be one of two possibilities. The first being the Han Solo ANH Blaster. This has been the best selling prop for MR if you include After Market value and sales. BUT because its the best they might want to generally release it so the other option I can think of will be the Jango Fett Blasters because there are two and the stand would have to be considerably different if they wanted to give us both so that seems like it would deemed the higher pricepoint associated with the CS Kits (The Darth Maul would have retailed for $50.00)

Cirielle
08-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Thanks Jedi Mike for putting all of that down!!!!!!!!! That is great!!!!!!

Syl-Rel Veloci
08-31-2005, 10:52 PM
Hi Fellow Jedi Knights,

I am under the impression that Lucasfilm did not give MR the rights to make replicas of both the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan Lightsabers. The only rights they had from Ep.I was the Darth Maul lightsaber. This is the reason-in case you haven't noticed- why the first Obi-Wan Lightsaber released is not even from Ep.I but from Ep.II and the Qui-Gon Lightsaber, which only appeared on Ep.I, was never released.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I don't want everybody to get their hopes up (including mine for the 10th time) only to have it come down with a big crash!

If anything, they'll probably release the Obi-Wan EE from Ep. II, not from Ep.I I happen to own a very accurate EL Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber which I'm very happy with, but if it is released by MR, I won't hesitate in getting one.

May The Force be with us all.

~Syl-Rel Veloci~

Jayspawn
08-31-2005, 11:12 PM
The reason Master Replicas made Obi-Wan's lightsaber from AOTC 1st is because it was coming out in theatres at that time, and they also were releasing the Yoda LE lightsaber to go along with it. The Count Dooku LE was soon to follow. And it worked very well.

They've not released the Qui-Gon lightsaber yet becuase of several reasons...
1. AOTC was coming out in '02. Thats when they introduced themslves and their product for the movie. They had it ready that year.
2. 2003-04 were non-movie years and they had a shot of getting out other replicas like Luke's ESB saber, Thermal Deonator, Ben Kenobi's saber, etc. as well as trying out how well the scaled lightsabers would sell
3. 2005 is Revege of the Sith year! And all of their marketing and products are geared towards that as well as setting up their customers for the next.

MR has all the rights to make Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's lightsaber from TPM. They've had a full plate and havnt had time to put those sabers on the drawing board until now.

nash
09-01-2005, 02:02 AM
what the hell are you talking about? check your facts again.

Hi Fellow Jedi Knights,

I am under the impression that Lucasfilm did not give MR the rights to make replicas of both the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan Lightsabers. The only rights they had from Ep.I was the Darth Maul lightsaber. This is the reason-in case you haven't noticed- why the first Obi-Wan Lightsaber released is not even from Ep.I but from Ep.II and the Qui-Gon Lightsaber, which only appeared on Ep.I, was never released.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I don't want everybody to get their hopes up (including mine for the 10th time) only to have it come down with a big crash!

If anything, they'll probably release the Obi-Wan EE from Ep. II, not from Ep.I I happen to own a very accurate EL Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber which I'm very happy with, but if it is released by MR, I won't hesitate in getting one.

May The Force be with us all.

~Syl-Rel Veloci~

Syl-Rel Veloci
09-01-2005, 04:15 PM
I did, now how about you check yours...

Umbra
09-01-2005, 04:37 PM
I did, now how about you check yours...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=426728&postcount=133

Syl-Rel Veloci
09-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Exactly ;)

nash
09-02-2005, 01:12 AM
Are you high? MRCUSTOMERCARE just said that what you said is "NOT TRUE" and the Qui Gon LE is on the product plan for 2006.

as i said earlier, check your facts before you make assumptions. How can MR have a lisence for one saber but not the other? They have lucasfilm ltd lisence that is all they need. Its really not that difficult....

Jayspawn basically just explained why they made the Maul saber and not the rest from EpI yet.

And just to clear one last thing up before someone reads this and actually believes your wrong information.... MR IS making the Obiwan EE from The Phantom Menace EPI, NOT EpII.

lukespop
09-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Exactly ;)

What the hell?

Syl-Rel Veloci
09-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Ok, A.D.D. I did check my facts... click on the link above that Umbra put up... (thank you for paying attention Umbra, I like you already) Furthermore, I'm not trying to coerce anyone into thinking anything false. (I'm sorry fellow Jedi Knights, if it came out like that) Like I said, when it is released I will be one of the first ones to order it. You should read what I wrote one more time.... I never said "I know." So, obviously, I'm not stating anything factual. I said, "I am under the impression" (lawyer tricks my very young Padawan) lol I was actually looking for replies like Jayspawn's. (thanks for actually listening Jayspawn) You should read Jayspawn's reply, you might learn something. Anyway, you shouldn't waste your time on this subject any longer, it's not that serious! This is the last time I'll pay attention to you, ok? It boils down to.... Do you have the money to get the Lightsabers? Then, get them! If not, go spell license correctly.... lol

Jayspawn
09-08-2005, 11:31 AM
For those who want to get the ROTS Darth Vader LE Lightsaber, Master Replicas has a LIMITED number of them IN STOCK for Collector's Society Members!its $369.00 w/ free shipping!

Make sure to use your coupon if ya got one!

Jedi_Mike
09-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Hey Everyone. MR didn't release the Obi-Wan Kenobi TPM back then because it didn't fit in with the promotion plan at the time. Steve, the President of Master Replicas has already confirmed that the Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber being offered in EE format will in fact be from The Phantom Menace and will be available for order at the end of the year. The Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber has been confirmed as part of the 2006 Plan and will be announced in late September/Early October as confirmed by Amy, MRCUSTOMERCARE. Also, those watching the horizon for upcoming MR Product the first two quarters of MR's 2006 Plan will be announced around the time of the Qui-Gon announcement but don't expect the Millennium Falcon on that list because its slated for a late 06 release. Also, the Vader Helmet itself has a release date of December 1st according to Target's Website so we won't have to wait too long until we get it...

Jedi_Mike
10-07-2005, 11:03 PM
From over on the Rebelscum boards thanks to "IrishJedi"

I'm working on an article on high-end genre collectibles. I am in San Francisco right now (covering the EP3 DVD press junket as well as Battlefront II) and Master Replicas was kind enough to give me a tour of their headquarters and interviews with several key personnel.

First of all, I was disappointed that I didn't get to meet Amy. Apparently, she left for the day by the time I was done with my first interview. Maybe next time.

Anyway, I of course learned and saw lots of cool stuff (most of which I can't share yet for obvious reasons).

But this I can share now...

Saw (and held) the prototype for the Darth Maul FX saber(s). All I can say is "WOW!" and that you will not be disappointed. In fact, this will easily be the best FX product MR has produced yet and may in fact become one of the best SW products they'll have on the market.

The Vader helmet is indeed VERY impressive in person. I was able to hold it and even try it on (it fit me!). Very impressed with the thickness of the fiberglass and the quality of the overall piece. I may break down and order one now.

2006 & 2007 are going to be EXTREMELY expensive for MR collectors.

The "Rocketeer" helmet absolutely rules. They're thinking of producing a Jetpack as well.

The "Narnia" stuff is simply fantastic.

MR is indeed moving beyond just lightsabers for SW minis, though don't necessarily assume .45 scale. That's ALL I can say on the matter. What I saw looks VERY promising, though.

More helmets than just Vader, Stormtrooper and the already announced Clones are in the works. Can't say more, but will offer this hint: The WEATHER was fantastic today!

Just a little tease on how amazing a fellow collector thinks the next couple of years will be. I for one am very very very excited about the October annoucement of MR's 2006 Q1/Q2 plan!!!!

Jayspawn
10-09-2005, 11:45 PM
Master Replicas has BOTH the ANH and ROTS Darth Vader Minis IN STOCK!

nash
10-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Damn these mini's have been so tempting. Ive managed to limit myself to the mace aotc and obi aotc minis thus far. However the luke and the BD maul and even vader anh are soo soo tempting..... UGH, save money for my next LE (Probably Qui Gon) OR buy those minis? life sucks.

BEW
10-12-2005, 06:18 AM
save your money for the next LE...you will thank yourself later when you don't have a desk cluttered with a bunch of little sabers smaller than tubes of Chapstick

Jedi_Mike
10-26-2005, 11:30 AM
So, we know that Mini-Blasters are on the way....someone on another forum said that they look about .33 sized in comparison to the originals. I guess we'll know for sure next year. Also I can't wait for the Qui-Gon. I guarantee that saber will be a sleeper saber that will be impossible to get on the secondary after retirement. if you're choosing between minis and QGJ I'd wait for the master...:)