PDA

View Full Version : The Battle Of Endor

ROTJLuke
08-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Could some one just confirm what I have been thinking, or rival a point to mine?
Ive been looking at the many SW books I have, and in almost all of them the Battle of Endor is described as the Land Battle on the Planet, The Space Battle in attempts to destroy the Second Death Star, and the Battle of the Jedi vs. Sith, the Final Confrontation of Good vs. Evil. If thats the case, then wouldnt our hopes for Cammo Gear figures be lost? I understand theyll throw in their Luke, Leia, and Han, but will they be cammo versions or their Final Battle versions. Its a good topic to discuss, and It may shed some more light into this wave. Thanks to all who respond. :)

Also, what figures do you want to see in this wave?

Mine are as follows, (its an 8 figure line)

1.*NEW*SA Death Star II Jedi Luke
2.(Rehash) Evolutions Vader w/ Retooled right hand
3.(Rehash) Evolutions Emperor Palpatine
4.*NEW* Nein Nunb
5.*NEW* Moff JerJerrod
6.(Rehash) Lando Pilot
7.*NEW*Amarild Ackbar
8.*NEW* Han Shield Bunker Defense

A line w/ 5 new sculpts seems highly unlikely, but I can dream, right? :D Id love to hear what you guys think!

Dark Marble
08-08-2005, 02:58 PM
I am with you and the new Luke, Han, and JerJerrod. I would really like a resculpt Han in his Duster. It would also be cool to get a new B-Wing or A-Wing pilot out of the deal. I don't know if it is a good idea for a figure, but a dirty dusty beaten Darth with an actual battle damaged right hand (wire wrist) would be good.

El Chuxter
08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
My list begins with Chief Chirpa. It doesn't really matter where it goes from there. As long as I get Chirpa, I'll be happy.

Qui-Long Gone
08-08-2005, 04:53 PM
I am in total agreement on the Jedi Luke....no gimmicks please, damaged Vadar sounds really good (no force lightning skeleton effects), and duster Solo is a must. I thought I saw a thread this weekend that has pics of the II Death Star Emperor with croonies....

As for the rest: Lando and Ackbar would be good.

But what about a Battle pack of Ewoks and Biker Scouts? ;)

ROTJLuke
08-08-2005, 05:20 PM
I am with you and the new Luke, Han, and JerJerrod. I would really like a resculpt Han in his Duster. It would also be cool to get a new B-Wing or A-Wing pilot out of the deal. I don't know if it is a good idea for a figure, but a dirty dusty beaten Darth with an actual battle damaged right hand (wire wrist) would be good.

I would def. snag up a couple Defeated Darth Vaders. Thats such a good idea for a figure too. I would love to see that. :) And I would really love to see an ewok army builder set, along with scout trooper army builder sets. Hasbro really could go nuts over ROTJ, theres so many things they did wrong that need justice.

spang2005
08-08-2005, 06:19 PM
I would love to see a rebel soldier in biker scout disguise w/ removeable helmet in this wave. Han is a must, plus Luke and Leia w/ removeable ponchos and helmets. A B-wing pilot in a blue flightsuit (like the vintage) would be really cool too.

Turbowars
08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
I second a New Endor Luke and Leia with removable helmet and they must be SA! Then we new a bendable knee 3PO. Hasbro makes me so mad about this this 3PO. They say it would cost too much, they say it can't be done, they say thye vac metal would chip off (it comes off on the regular 3PO's) they say they say. All I want to hear from habro is it can be done, but it will be a deluxe figure with chair and it will cost a few more bucks. Is it that hard hasdro????

Deoxyribonucleic
08-08-2005, 08:39 PM
I'd go for a new Han, Leia and Luke in their ponchos (removable ponchos and helmets of course and with SA - all hasbro figs should be SA really!). I'd also love a 3p0 in his Dias that has some good articulation as Turbo mentioned. But what would be really cool is a "Bunker R2-D2" with all kinds of gadgets coming out of him when he "blew" a fuse from trying to open the bunker door! :D

Another definite must is a retooled, SA Biker Scout!!

I vote for a Jerjerrod too!

and what about Vader on the burning pyre as a somewhat delux set?

Turbowars
08-08-2005, 08:53 PM
I always thought that R2 would have made a great Unleashed figure with all the arm out and doors open amd have a big electric thingy all around him. But a basic version is a must also.

Qui-Long Gone
08-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Deoxy...the Vader funeral pyre MUST BE DONE BY HASBRO....I think ROTJLuke would agree....

*What about a deluxe set of vine swinging Chewie with Ewoks dangling from his legs? :p

*The Ewok builder set will only work if we get a Scout pummled by Ewoks with clubs and stones, and a couple of "battle damaged" 'Woks....you know, just got stepped on by a walker or something? :eek:

Did they every make a Leia search party tangled in the Ewok net? What a set that would be....hoist 3po and Solo in the air with Luke, R2 and the Wookie?lol

JEDIpartner
08-09-2005, 09:17 AM
How about just putting those figures in a net ourselves and not waste the opportunity for Hasbro to make something we can't do ourselves? A modified hairnet would probably do the job.

I am all for Ewoks... I hate 'em but they existed in the film so need to be made!

Honestly, I think we are all pretty capable of making a funeral pyre Vader ourselves. Pick up a spare Vader, cut off his hand, get a bunch of little sticks, a small block of styrofoam and some glue. Voila! So-- in the event that Hasblah DOESN'T make that figure, there's your recipe!

When they say "The battle of Endor", do they mean the battle on the ground or the battle in space? I supose they could make a smattering of figures from all the locales but, honestly, I think there are so many characters that need resculpting or even just need to be made for the first time that a 10 figure wave would be shortchanging us-- considering half of those figures would be reissues of some sort.

DarkArtist
08-09-2005, 10:34 AM
I myself would love to see a redue of the POTF cinema scene Jedi Duel. Ultimately that was the closest Hasbo got to giving us a luke that we wanted. The recent battle packs and Evolutions sets would be a great platform for Hasbro to relaunch the Cinema Scene line only this time use the ideas of us and the concept of the VOTC line to create a set of figures that look great and have no action features.
As far as scenes:

The Throne Room Duel:
Luke Skywalker DS II with lightsaber hilt, lightsaber, and handcuffs. :D
Darth Vader DS II with removable hand and three part helmet, battle damage :D
Emperor Palaptine DS II with removable force lighting, crane and throne accessory. :D
2 ROTS Royal Guard with Force pikes :D

Raid on the Endor Bunker:
General Han Solo with removable trench coat, blaster and thermal charges
Princess Leia with removable poncho and helmet, blaster pistol
R2-D2 with exploding/ interchangable panels and maybe sound effects
Endor Rebel Solider, perhaps Saga verison with new head sculpt and better articulation, blaster rifle and sachel of thermal charges
Rebel / Biker Scout Spy with removable helmet and blaster pistol

Battle of the Death Star:
General Wedge Antilles with blaster pistol
Admiral Ackbar
Grey Leader with Blaster pistol
Green Leader with Blaster pistol
the pilots could even come with an exclusive micro machine of the starfighter similiar to the CII Jorg Sacul. and perhaps even their astromechs as wells, of course the droids would be full scale. :)

As far as the R2-D2 with sound effects, perhaps they can make it so that the mechanism is in his head and when you push down on it, R2 makes sounds and the panels open and explode ????? ;)

Captain Spoon
08-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Definetly an Ewok pack w/ Chirpa. A new Endor Han, Rebel troops would be cool. Funeral Vader is a figure I can't beliveve we do not have, and the Luke is a given. I would also like to see an endor leia with the blaster wound on her arm. Also more rebel pilots and a non exclusive wedge would be cool

ROTJLuke
08-09-2005, 12:52 PM
I myself would love to see a redue of the POTF cinema scene Jedi Duel. Ultimately that was the closest Hasbo got to giving us a luke that we wanted. The recent battle packs and Evolutions sets would be a great platform for Hasbro to relaunch the Cinema Scene line only this time use the ideas of us and the concept of the VOTC line to create a set of figures that look great and have no action features.
As far as scenes:

The Throne Room Duel:
Luke Skywalker DS II with lightsaber hilt, lightsaber, and handcuffs. :D
Darth Vader DS II with removable hand and three part helmet, battle damage :D
Emperor Palaptine DS II with removable force lighting, crane and throne accessory. :D
2 ROTS Royal Guard with Force pikes :D

Raid on the Endor Bunker:
General Han Solo with removable trench coat, blaster and thermal charges
Princess Leia with removable poncho and helmet, blaster pistol
R2-D2 with exploding/ interchangable panels and maybe sound effects
Endor Rebel Solider, perhaps Saga verison with new head sculpt and better articulation, blaster rifle and sachel of thermal charges
Rebel / Biker Scout Spy with removable helmet and blaster pistol

Battle of the Death Star:
General Wedge Antilles with blaster pistol
Admiral Ackbar
Grey Leader with Blaster pistol
Green Leader with Blaster pistol
the pilots could even come with an exclusive micro machine of the starfighter similiar to the CII Jorg Sacul. and perhaps even their astromechs as wells, of course the droids would be full scale. :)

As far as the R2-D2 with sound effects, perhaps they can make it so that the mechanism is in his head and when you push down on it, R2 makes sounds and the panels open and explode ????? ;)

These would be great. Ive been recently posting about bringing back the cinema scenes. However, on top of these 3 packs, Id love to see them individually packaged. But these ideas are great. I cant wait for this wave to hit. Is this going to be one of the first waves, or one of the last? Or how bout in the middle? lol, but yea, we can we expect to see this line?