PDA

View Full Version : Luke Evolutions Set?

JediTricks
08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
With the relatively well-received Anakin Evolutions set that has 2 Anakin figures which are only a couple years apart from each other, I was thinking that maybe we could finally get some truly incredible Luke figures that are just good without gimmicks or crappy sculpts. Luke being the hero of the OT and all deserves better than what we've gotten so far. I'd like to see super-articulated versions of these: Luke X-wing with a better body and head sculpt, Luke Bespin with a better head, and Luke ROTJ with removable vest and Endor poncho & helmet, and cloak.

Qui-Long Gone
08-08-2005, 07:39 PM
I can't agree or disagree more....I HATE the Anakin Evolutions and the Sith Evolutions looks just as bad. I can't figure how everyone seems to love these sets..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

But I LOVE the ideas of the Evolutions sets....I just think the execution was crappy. :mad:

A Luke Evolutions set would be great if the sculpts were better and gimmicks were left in the trashed-idea can. Luke is afterall the great OT hero....and I'd argue since Lucas says the two sagas form one great story, the hero of the entire Skywalker fable.....but I digress....:speech:

Captain Spoon
08-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Luke evolutions would be cool but what if they did an EU type box. They could get some artist renderings and do Luke (around 8 or 10 years old) (and later have a Biggs kid on card to match!) Then do a Post ROTJ Jedi LUke then do an older Luke with grey hair and stuff I think that would be cool. I really don't need another Dagobah or frigg'n Tatooine luke.

Slicker
08-09-2005, 11:08 AM
It's definitely a good idea JT. I like the idea of these Evolutions and really hope Hasbro expands on it by going to OT characters. As for your choices for the Luke one I also agree with them. They are both long overdue sculpts and show a good range of years.

ROTJLuke
08-09-2005, 01:15 PM
That is a great idea. It is really an evolution too, going from Moisture Farmer to Jedi Knight. I would hope to get great sculpts of Luke individually carded, but Im sure that we'd see them being rehashed anyways. So it would be a win win if they could pull it off. Really, you could do an evolution from each movie, b/c it sort of breaks down.

ANH-Moisture Farmer to Rebel Hero (Tatooine, Stormtrooper, Rebel Pilot)
ESB-Rebel Hero to Jedi In Training (Hoth, Dagobah Training, Bespin Duel)
ROTJ-Jedi In Training to Jedi Knight(Tattoine Battle, Endor, DSII Duel)

I think they would work out great, but if you could combind them w/ all their accessories (i.e. ROTJ Luke w/ removable tatooine vest, endor poncho and helmet) then it truly would be an amazing set. :)

El Chuxter
08-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I would be very, very happy with either this or with a "Jedi Warriors" Evolutions set that includes SA Qui-Gon Jinn w/ removable cloak and poncho; SA Mace Windu w/ removable robe, both lightsabers (TPM blue and AOTC/ROTS purple), and removable arm; and Jedi Luke w/ removable cloak and 3 interchangeable hands (gloved, ungloved, and battle damaged).

ROTJLuke
08-09-2005, 02:40 PM
There are so many sets that jump out, but a Luke Skywalker Evolutions set jumps out the most. I cant see Hasbro NOT doing this set. I just cant.

Kidhuman
08-09-2005, 04:33 PM
I would make mine Luke farm boy outfit, Dagobah traiing and a DS2 with poncho and helmet foir the Endor scenes.

pegger
08-09-2005, 06:47 PM
I think this is a great idea too...

I would chose Luke Moisture farmer (Super articualted and with poncho), Luke X-Wing pilot (with removable helmet, and hoses, etc...), Luke Jedi Knight (the one that ROTJLuke keeps asking for)

evenflow
08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
I think it would make a good set. I'd buy it :)

JediTricks
08-09-2005, 11:24 PM
It's definitely a good idea JT. I like the idea of these Evolutions and really hope Hasbro expands on it by going to OT characters. As for your choices for the Luke one I also agree with them. They are both long overdue sculpts and show a good range of years. Glad you like the idea. ESB and ROTJ were no-brainers for me, but ANH was tough because I had to decide whether I should say X-wing Luke or Tatooine Luke, in the end the latter has been done to death (albeit fairly poorly) and has a new figure coming out in the WM early-bird set.

That is a great idea. It is really an evolution too, going from Moisture Farmer to Jedi Knight. Yeah, that's exactly what I was getting at, he does evolve and as he's the protagonist, we the audience evolve through him.

Really, you could do an evolution from each movie, b/c it sort of breaks down.

I think they would work out great, but if you could combind them w/ all their accessories (i.e. ROTJ Luke w/ removable tatooine vest, endor poncho and helmet) then it truly would be an amazing set. :) I thought about suggesting that, but I just don't see people buying 9 Luke figures at once, so I did that compromise like you mentioned, although I had to cut Tatooine Luke out and Hoth Luke out (and I really wanted a new Snowspeeder Pilot Luke too, so I couldn't even consider that one :p).

There are so many sets that jump out, but a Luke Skywalker Evolutions set jumps out the most. I cant see Hasbro NOT doing this set. I just cant. Hasbro is funny that way, so I honestly have no clue whether this will pan out or not. Look at their Mega Action Figures line (the precursor to today's Force Battlers but more realistic) from the POTJ era, all they had to do was put out Luke and Vader figures and that line probably would still exist today but instead they put out a Maul and later an Obi-Wan and later still a Droideka, not enough variety and the line died almost before it started.

I would be very, very happy with either this or with a "Jedi Warriors" Evolutions set that includes SA Qui-Gon Jinn w/ removable cloak and poncho; SA Mace Windu w/ removable robe, both lightsabers (TPM blue and AOTC/ROTS purple), and removable arm; and Jedi Luke w/ removable cloak and 3 interchangeable hands (gloved, ungloved, and battle damaged). An interesting idea, although I think QGJ and Mace are a little more secondary to the evolution of the saga. But I'd really like to see some quality Luke figures done, Saga Luke Bespin is a big upgrade from the POTF2 figure but still has a messed up face and other issues; POTJ Luke X-wing is a good figure of a specific moment but looks doofy and is very unheroic-looking (and I don't mean POTF2-steroid-abuser "heroic" either ;)).

I would make mine Luke farm boy outfit, Dagobah traiing and a DS2 with poncho and helmet foir the Endor scenes. The reasons I didn't use Dagobah training are that the OTC line gave us a decent version which wasn't that long ago, and I'd be bummed if they didn't include some sort of removable jacket which probably wouldn't be feasible. As for the Tatooine outfit, I definitely toyed with that idea, but besides the reasons I just gave in this post already, Tatooine Luke still has a negative stigma with some collectors I think... he does deserve a new fig though, and not that VOTC shrimpy weirdo, we should get one with removable stormtrooper belt and blaster and grappling line, blastshield and remote, poncho, saber with removable blade, electrobinoculars, and long rifle. Maybe Hasbro should do that as an "ultimates" line, deluxe-pricepoint and cards but with basic-department sculpting and paint (because the deluxe versions aren't that good) and tons of articulation and every conceivable accessory, Luke could be the flagship in the line which could continue with other ultimate figs.

Kidhuman
08-10-2005, 12:09 AM
You would have to include a Tatooine Luke though, its how we first see him. ALthough we didnt get a Jake-akin in the set either, so I guess the could x-out Tatooine Luke.

PloKoon2385
08-10-2005, 01:17 AM
I think it's a brilliant idea, though I'm not terribly fond of Luke. I really think Hasbro should continue this line for a lot of characters. I think they'd sell well, and for $20 it's a pretty good deal considering we get 3 VOTC style figs for the price of 2!

DarkArtist
08-10-2005, 10:25 AM
I have a feeling that OT Evolutions sets are just around the corner since it's next to impossible to find the current ones. That to me says that Hasbro has finally learned to make a decent product and it is selling out. I was lucky to find a Anakin Evolutions set about a week ago but since have not seen anything new.

ROTJLuke
08-10-2005, 02:38 PM
I def. would love to see more evolutions, but if we can get this quality of figures on individual cards, just either rehash them or put them in both single cards and the evolutions set. I would love to have an individually carded Emperor Palpatine from the Sith Set, and both Ani Ep. III and Vader individually carded from the Ani to Vader set. But cmon Hasbro, continue with this line, dont let it die, and keep it going strong into this "collectors" year

Umbra
08-11-2005, 01:17 AM
i also like the idea of the evolution sets and hope to see them expand into the original trilogy.

Personally, I think it is a great way to keep the core characters out there, and thus allow hasbro to slip in a few more collector-wants into the normal carded line up (for example: giving us endor luke and thus making room for Cheif Chirpa in the Endor battle wave).

Maybe a KOTOR one (Revan>Malak>Bandon) could work, but thats really just my vain hope for KOTOR figures now that i've fianally got around to playing the game

ROTJLuke
08-11-2005, 10:23 AM
i also like the idea of the evolution sets and hope to see them expand into the original trilogy.

Personally, I think it is a great way to keep the core characters out there, and thus allow hasbro to slip in a few more collector-wants into the normal carded line up (for example: giving us endor luke and thus making room for Cheif Chirpa in the Endor battle wave).

Maybe a KOTOR one (Revan>Malak>Bandon) could work, but thats really just my vain hope for KOTOR figures now that i've fianally got around to playing the game

I dont want to see any expanded universe characters really, it was great when they did it back a few years ago, but I really have no desire for them now.

JediTricks
08-11-2005, 07:24 PM
You would have to include a Tatooine Luke though, its how we first see him. ALthough we didnt get a Jake-akin in the set either, so I guess the could x-out Tatooine Luke.Yeah, the Anakin set doesn't have the character as we first see him, so I don't think it'd be a problem to not have the absolute first Luke we see in the movies, my thought was that both costumes are from ANH.

DarkArtist
08-12-2005, 08:18 AM
They could make one for each movie since he almost has three different outfits in ANH, at least two in ESB and at least two to three in ROTJ depending on if you consider Luke's Jedi outfit as one with the vest and cloak and the other without the vest.

Kidhuman
08-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I ANH he has

Tatooine
X-wing

ESB:

Hoth
SNowspeeder
Dagobah
Bespin
Medical Frigate

ROTJ:

Jabba Palace(hologram possibly)
X-WIng
Endor
DS2
Throne Room Duel

pegger
08-12-2005, 11:39 AM
I ANH he has

Tatooine
X-wing

Don't forget ANH - Medal Ceremony

ROTJLuke
08-12-2005, 12:12 PM
I ANH he has

Tatooine
X-wing

ESB:

Hoth
SNowspeeder
Dagobah
Bespin
Medical Frigate

ROTJ:

Jabba Palace(hologram possibly)
X-WIng
Endor
DS2
Throne Room Duel

Arent these the same? Unless your refering to his flap opened and flap unopened. Then I would call it DS2 Battle and Endor Celebration. And I mentioned I thought up above having a Luke Evolutions from each movie...

ROTJLuke
08-12-2005, 12:18 PM
That is a great idea. It is really an evolution too, going from Moisture Farmer to Jedi Knight. I would hope to get great sculpts of Luke individually carded, but Im sure that we'd see them being rehashed anyways. So it would be a win win if they could pull it off. Really, you could do an evolution from each movie, b/c it sort of breaks down.

I think they would work out great, but if you could combind them w/ all their accessories (i.e. ROTJ Luke w/ removable tatooine vest, endor poncho and helmet) then it truly would be an amazing set. :)

Yea, these were my set ideas. However, I would also like to really see them put out a new line where they release a character from a specific movie and put in every accessory imaginable. For example ( :D :D ) release a Super Articulated Luke Jedi in his DSII uniform. But, he comes with:

Removable Tattoine Vest
Jedi Cloak
Lightsaber (Tattoine Lighter Green)
Blaster Pistol
Endor Poncho
Endor Helmet
Lightsaber (DS II/Endor Darker Green)
Lightsaber hilt
Binders
Open Flesh Hand
Clinched Flesh Hand
Clinched Battle Damage Flesh Han
Open Gloved Hand
Clinched Gloved Hand
Funeral Pyre Torch

I doubt Hasbro would ever do that, but it would make a huge wetdream of mine. Just Imagine a super articulated figure with all that stuff. That would be the Ultimate ROTJLuke! :D lol :D :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-13-2005, 04:27 AM
Don't forget ANH - Medal Ceremony

I knew I forgot one. COuldnt remember at that moment. Thanks.

DarthBrandon
08-13-2005, 11:28 AM
If they do a evolutions Luke I would like to see these three done:

ANH (Ceremony)
(if not Ceremony, then another Tat)
Empire (Pilot)
(Bespin has been done over way too much)
ROTJ (Endor)
(with all the fixings, capes, blasters, sabers, removable hands, etc)

Jaff
08-14-2005, 06:53 AM
I'm not the biggest guy on rehashes, but some of the classic trilogy suggestions are pretty cool. What I'd really like to see is a evolution Obi-Wan with a episode II Obi-Wan. To date there is still not an acceptable Obi-Wan from II with exception to the bar scene Obi with his fingers locked in a force suggestion pose.

I would also like to see a Padme for some new outfits, maybe with the last fig being a funeral Padme with death bed. :twisted:

Also a Palpy evolution with some of his undone outfits in II and III would rock.

JediTricks
08-14-2005, 04:23 PM
I knew I forgot one. COuldnt remember at that moment. Thanks.You also didn't put Luke in Stormtrooper disguise.

Jaff, I agree about Ep 2 Obi-Wan, we never got a really decent one and could use a new Ep 1 Obi-Wan too.

Kidhuman
08-14-2005, 08:02 PM
So yeah a good ANH 3 pack would be(IMO)

Tatooine Luke
STormy
Cermony

JediTricks
08-15-2005, 07:45 PM
This is true, but I don't think that's much of an "evolution" myself, I mean it *is* somewhat of an evolution for a character but not a complete one. Plus, then we'd be looking at 3 Luke evolutions sets which could get pretty annoying fast.

Kidhuman
08-16-2005, 12:31 AM
It can get annoying quick, but if they run this line for awhile and space them out, it would be real sweet.

ROTJLuke
08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
It can get annoying quick, but if they run this line for awhile and space them out, it would be real sweet.

I would love 3 individual Luke evolutions, one from each movie, they would crank out Luke in 9 diff. costumes, prob. give him the treatment of a king on each, and then you have 9 definitive versions of Luke is which ever outfit hes in. I know not everybody is a Luke fanatic, but for those people who are like me, it would be a dream come true. Dont get me wrong, however, I just want one to begin with, lol.

JediTricks
08-17-2005, 11:04 PM
I picked up the Anakin Evolutions set last night, it's pretty good, the design and such have a few issues but it's a decent set, I'd love to see a Luke set like this with good articulation, nifty accessories, upgraded sculpting and paint (though the Anakin set still has some room for improvement).

ROTJLuke
08-19-2005, 06:49 AM
One can only hope, right? on and JT check out the other thread (ultimate ROTJLuke) I gave you props,I completly missed you saying that, and I feel like a ***** for takin credit where you had credit due.

jlw
08-21-2005, 11:35 AM
OK I'm gonna be the bad guy and say I hope they DON'T make an Evolutions Luke set; for two reasons really

1. I see the Evolutions sets as bridging the gap between the PT & the OT. Ep. 2 Anakin to Ep. 4 Anakin; Ep. 2 Clone Trooper to Ep. 4 Sandtrooper. I realize the Sith set doesn't quite bridge the gap (unless there's another Emp. head to swap), but maybe its the exception and not the rule. So, I really think that Obi-Wan Kenobi Evolutions set sounds like a better idea.

2. There are just too many Luke Skywalker figure that have already been made. And I don't mean because of the different outfits the character wears, I mean too many different versions of the same figure. However, I do wish Hasbro would produce one final Tatooine Luke figure with ball-joint shoulder/arms (like Kit Fisto), a cloth skirt, and ball-joint knees. Also, if Hasbro was to put out an Evolutions Luke, I don't see them putting it out like JT has suggested. I see them making it with Tatooine Luke (which I would welcome), Bespin Luke (which I don't think we need POTJ/OTC is fine), and DS2 Luke (which is neither here nor there with me).

Besides, if Hasbro does an Evolutions Luke set; the next thing you know everyone will start crying for an Evolutions Han (which the only figure that needs re-done is Endor Han) or (as has already been said) Evolutions Padme (please NO!! not even a Padme to Leia) or Evolutions Boba Fett (Ep. 2, Ep. 5, Ep. 6 which would be another waste)

So, I suggest they go along with the Evolutions Obi-Wan Kenobi idea, except I honestly would rather see them do Ep.1, 2, 3 Obi-Wan as opposed to "bridging the gap" into an Ep. 4 Obi-Wan (VOTC is good enough); and just make one FINAL Tatooine Luke and Endor Han - and then be done with Luke & Han, don't produce another Luke or Han figure EVER!

JediTricks
08-21-2005, 05:45 PM
One can only hope, right? on and JT check out the other thread (ultimate ROTJLuke) I gave you props,I completly missed you saying that, and I feel like a ***** for takin credit where you had credit due.Not a prob, and I did see your other post.

1. I see the Evolutions sets as bridging the gap between the PT & the OT. Ep. 2 Anakin to Ep. 4 Anakin; Ep. 2 Clone Trooper to Ep. 4 Sandtrooper. I realize the Sith set doesn't quite bridge the gap (unless there's another Emp. head to swap), but maybe its the exception and not the rule. So, I really think that Obi-Wan Kenobi Evolutions set sounds like a better idea. My friend Rick has the Sith set already, no extra head for Palpatine, and it says right on the box "Ep III - The Republic Falls". That makes it not a trilogy-bridger set.

2. There are just too many Luke Skywalker figure that have already been made. And I don't mean because of the different outfits the character wears, I mean too many different versions of the same figure. However, I do wish Hasbro would produce one final Tatooine Luke figure with ball-joint shoulder/arms (like Kit Fisto), a cloth skirt, and ball-joint knees. Also, if Hasbro was to put out an Evolutions Luke, I don't see them putting it out like JT has suggested. I see them making it with Tatooine Luke (which I would welcome), Bespin Luke (which I don't think we need POTJ/OTC is fine), and DS2 Luke (which is neither here nor there with me). You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel strongly that we haven't gotten good versions of pretty much ANY Luke figure, even the most recent Luke Jabba's Palace doesn't have universal-jointed shoulders. I would absolutely reject any attempt by Hasbro to put out a Luke Evolutions set that recycles anything.

Kidhuman
08-21-2005, 06:29 PM
I agree JT, Luke has to be made better. It seems they just kit-bash each luke into one big mess time and time again.

jlw
08-21-2005, 08:05 PM
My friend Rick has the Sith set already, no extra head for Palpatine, and it says right on the box "Ep III - The Republic Falls". That makes it not a trilogy-bridger set.

Well, crap. I was hoping for a head swap. I've only found the Anakin and Clone Trooper sets. Didn't really figure on the extra ROTJ head but was hoping. By the way what accessories do come in the Sith pack?

You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel strongly that we haven't gotten good versions of pretty much ANY Luke figure,

I do disagree with you JT. Blast shield Luke, Floppy hat Luke, even T-16 Luke are "good versions" of Luke. OTC X-Wing Luke is another "good version" of Luke. Some complain about the head being alittle small, but that's to keep the helmet from looking like that green martian on the Jetsons. Once again, OTC Bespin Luke "good version"; OTC Dagobah Luke "good version"

even the most recent Luke Jabba's Palace doesn't have universal-jointed shoulders.

That may be so, but it is a "good version". The figure has a great sculpt, the best ROTJ Luke to date, a cloth cloak, and can hold his saber with both hands, which makes it a "good version". I think what you are looking for are "great versions" of Luke i.e. ball-joint articulations, which I'm not against, but if there gonna do it, please for the love of God do it right this time. We've been waiting since 1995 for a "great version" of Luke. Which this line of thought falls into what I've said in another post about "definitive" action figures.

I would absolutely reject any attempt by Hasbro to put out a Luke Evolutions set that recycles anything.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but the whole Clonetrooper to Sandtrooper sets are all actually "recycled" figures. The only thing that really makes it appealing is the paint scheme and the super articulation. Same goes with the Evolutions Sith pack, the only thing that appeals to me is a super articulated Darth Maul and a Darth Sidious with cloth cloak. To me, the ROTS Dooku is just fine.

Here is the question though, since the first offerings of Evolution sets came in threes; if Hasbro does release a Luke Evolutions set, what other two sets do you really see Hasbro doing?

jlw
08-21-2005, 08:32 PM
After reading back through the post, even if they do produce a Luke Evolutions set; I would not get my hopes up for all those accessories you're wishing for, JT.

Also, I just do not see Hasbro producing a Luke Evolutions set and not having Tatooine Luke, especially if you figure a different outfit for each movie, because the X-wing outfit is pretty much the same (although I'd like a better version of snowspeeder Luke myself).

So, getting back to the accessories, what seems more likely to me is (figuring Tatooine Luke, Bespin Luke, DS2 Luke): blast shield helmet, training remote, blue lightsaber (possibly blade & hilt), green lightsaber (again possibly blade and hilt), blaster pistol (for Bespin Luke), removable hand, medical splint (as with the OTC Bespin Luke), and maybe a cloak. I think the poncho and helmet are great ideas, and make more sense than anything, I just don't see them doing it.

I just do not see them offering a Bespin Luke with removable jacket, or a ROTJ Luke with removable vest. I understand what your getting at though; your trying to get a Jabba's palace Luke and DS2 Luke out of the same figure.

Also, to sorta answer my question above, one of the other Evolutions sets would definitely have to be Obi-Wan Kenobi; but I can't think of any other set that would make sense.

Kidhuman
08-21-2005, 10:16 PM
They are a few others out there JWL. Luke, Leia, Han, Lando(yes Lando...Bespin, SMugglers and either General or Skiff), Imperial Officers(Veers, Needa, Jerrjerrod), Obi-Wan(as mentioned), a Jedi pack(Mace, Qui-Gon, and take your pick), Padme(Queen, Senator, mommy to be). And a few others as well.

ROTJLuke
08-22-2005, 07:11 PM
After reading back through the post, even if they do produce a Luke Evolutions set; I would not get my hopes up for all those accessories you're wishing for, JT.

Also, I just do not see Hasbro producing a Luke Evolutions set and not having Tatooine Luke, especially if you figure a different outfit for each movie, because the X-wing outfit is pretty much the same (although I'd like a better version of snowspeeder Luke myself).

So, getting back to the accessories, what seems more likely to me is (figuring Tatooine Luke, Bespin Luke, DS2 Luke): blast shield helmet, training remote, blue lightsaber (possibly blade & hilt), green lightsaber (again possibly blade and hilt), blaster pistol (for Bespin Luke), removable hand, medical splint (as with the OTC Bespin Luke), and maybe a cloak. I think the poncho and helmet are great ideas, and make more sense than anything, I just don't see them doing it.

I just do not see them offering a Bespin Luke with removable jacket, or a ROTJ Luke with removable vest. I understand what your getting at though; your trying to get a Jabba's palace Luke and DS2 Luke out of the same figure.

Also, to sorta answer my question above, one of the other Evolutions sets would definitely have to be Obi-Wan Kenobi; but I can't think of any other set that would make sense.

Luke, IMO, makes perfect f**kin sense. How could it not? Luke solves the galatic problem, the least we could get is SA versions with awesome detail of the figures. I dont care wether we get them in a three pack or we get them individually packaged (which I want) but I think we deserve them. The Jabbas Luke was a good figure, but Im w/ JT on this, should have had balljoints, and probably removable hands. The DS 2 Luke sucked, we need a better one, look at my f**kin profile for God's sake. So yea, bring on the individual packs, and bring on the Evolutions for one of the most important characters in the SW saga.

JediTricks
08-23-2005, 04:02 PM
By the way what accessories do come in the Sith pack?Everybody has an "on" lightsaber, Palps has extra lightning hands, and Maul has a plastic removable Tatooine cloak and macrobinoculars and his dark eye probe droid with stand.

Blast shield Luke, Floppy hat Luke, even T-16 Luke are "good versions" of Luke. None of those have great articulation, and all of 'em have weak face sculpts, even T-16 Luke is only "close but no cigar" likeness. And don't get me started on the simplistic paint jobs with their yellow heads and goofy eyes.

OTC X-Wing Luke is another "good version" of Luke. The face works for 1 specific scene, and outside that looks bucktoothed and goofy. Plus, articluation is lacking, standard 6 was ok when this figure was in the POTJ era, but even then it seemed a little barren.

Once again, OTC Bespin Luke "good version"; OTC Dagobah Luke "good version" Saga/OTC Bespin Luke has a scene-specific head sculpt which I don't think works very well, and the gimmick and arm articulation are not great either. Dagobah Luke is a good figure with a bad paint job on the head and crazy scene-specific hair, and his arms make him too scene-specific.

That may be so, but it is a "good version". The figure has a great sculpt, the best ROTJ Luke to date, a cloth cloak, and can hold his saber with both hands, which makes it a "good version". I think what you are looking for are "great versions" of Luke i.e. ball-joint articulations I would call the face sculpt "good" but hardly great, the diagonal-cut-joint arms are kinda meh, and the lower leg articulation is loose and frustrating. I guess it is "good" in an "adequate" sort of way, but it's not "good enough" for a Luke figure IMO.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but the whole Clonetrooper to Sandtrooper sets are all actually "recycled" figures. Exactly, and I ain't buying that set. What I meant by "recycled" is they shouldn't be reusing any pieces from any previous Luke figures, no borrowing the head or legs from Luke Jabba's Palace for this Evolutions set.

Here is the question though, since the first offerings of Evolution sets came in threes; if Hasbro does release a Luke Evolutions set, what other two sets do you really see Hasbro doing? None, the Anakin Evolutions set came out by itself, so can Luke. I would probably buy an Obi-Wan Evolutions set if it was done right, but not everything, even iconic stuff like Han Solo, needs an Evolutions set in my mind (of course, if a Han set was really good, I'd be there, but I'm not pushing for one either).

DarkArtist
08-31-2005, 11:11 AM
I actually would like to see a concept evolutions line. Luke as the concept female version, ANH version of Luke, ESB version of Luke, and a ROTJ version of Luke. I know that's four figures instead of the satndard three but it might work.