PDA

View Full Version : Kick Borders Books to the curb!!!!!!

Cirielle
08-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Dear MR,

Borders Books as a whole does not seem to really have it together at all. Some of their store give no problems at all with ordering the Luke FX lightsaber - while others are quite clueless even when given the BINC#. I would not have a problem if consistently they stated to everyone we cannot reserve this item for you, but they aren't consistently doing this! I am not sure if this has happened in the past as I am new to Master Replicas, but it is definitely happening now. There is a thread on Rebelscum.com in their forum section that talks about the problems that customers are having as well as just having my own problems with it too.
I know that you care for your customers greatly and that is why I am taking the time to hopefully bring this to your attention. We all are frustrated at Borders for the ill service and do not find this your fault. We just would like a place that would be more equiped next time that understands that crazed fans like myself are just itching for confirmation that we don't have to pay scalper prices on Ebay!

mastermatt24
08-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Hey dont diss Borders!! :mad: Ive found autographed SW books there for regular price!! :D Besides.. it says right below their sign: books, music, cafe. NOT LIGHTSABERS!

Cirielle
08-10-2005, 06:16 AM
My point exactly!!! The place is not equiped to deal with things outside their realm (aka books) nor are they equiped to deal with pre-ordering anything. I am not dis-ing their items they carry - I am dis-ing the fact that they aren't consistent from store to store. If you are a chain store, then you should have a chain policy. Even independently owned chain restaurants still stick by the rules and menus. Borders can't get it straight between one store and another.

mastermatt24
08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Im sure its just part of the SW promotion.. be patient, and ask nicely. :)

Jayspawn
08-12-2005, 09:31 AM
I'd like one but I'm waiting till it gets released then walking into a store to look for one. Borders is a nice store though.

kingyeti
08-14-2005, 04:51 PM
does anyone think CS members will eventually get a chance at ordering one in the future?i have the entire fx collection plus one extra anakin AOTC, but it would be nice to have the led version of the luke ROTJ. thats my favorite.