PDA

View Full Version : that guy saw Sith 100 times

2-1B
08-10-2005, 12:02 AM
I can't link to it because it's Hyperspace but they announced the winner of that contest to see who saw ROTS the most during that period of the contest and this dude saw it 100 times as of right now.

He saw it 29 times during the contest period, that's intense ! lol

I thought I was over-obsessed . . . and I'm stuck on 16 !

JimJamBonds
08-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Good Lord! I hope he got something good.

2-1B
08-10-2005, 12:17 AM
I think it was a pinball game ? I hope he's a Pinball Wizard. ;)

JimJamBonds
08-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Jeez... hey I like the new tar Caesar!

2-1B
08-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks Jim Jam, I was going to change over to Spirit Anners from ROTJ since there is a current debate going on about it (again :D ) but I must have deleted that one . . . and I've been meaning to put up Peter The Hutt eventually, so it was just time.

"Sure plays a mean pinball."

bobafrett
08-10-2005, 12:33 AM
And apparently this guy doesn't have to work for a living, and has no life.

I've only had time to see it 3 times, no more, but then I work for a living, but still have no life! :p

JimJamBonds
08-10-2005, 12:36 AM
And apparently this guy doesn't have to work for a living, and has no life.

I've only had time to see it 3 times, no more, but then I work for a living, but still have no life! :p

Not to mention a load of money to blow on seeing ROTS in theaters.

Kidhuman
08-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Damn, he probably hid under the seat while they cleaned the theatre and saw it all day.

2-1B
08-10-2005, 01:28 AM
On average he went to see it once a day.

I work for a living too and usually manage to watch about one movie per day (or that amount in TV) so I think that's a harsh assumption.

Slicker
08-10-2005, 02:41 AM
That's pretty hardcore. I could've done that if not for the money factor. Let's see 29 showings, times rought $6 per ticket comes up to, $174. That's alot of money to see the same movie (read: I'm jealous as all hell)

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Sad, sad, sad!

Surely there is only so many times you can see something before getting sick of it, regardless of how good it is!

I have very much got a life and a job and have seen Ep III twice and feel that is more than satisfying before the DVD comes out.

Markimus
08-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Wow ! That's a lot. I've seen it 6 times and I thought that was a lot....
How old was this guy... and clearly he does not have to work for a living.

Captain Spoon
08-10-2005, 08:42 AM
He's probobly full of sh*t. I mean that's almost a grand worth of movie tickets!! My guesse is that he (or his buddy or little brother) works at a movie theater and he picked up stubbs off of the ground or out of the trash, got one or two from different shows every day and sent them in.

bobafrett
08-10-2005, 09:53 AM
On average he went to see it once a day.

I work for a living too and usually manage to watch about one movie per day (or that amount in TV) so I think that's a harsh assumption.

I didn't mean to offend Caesar, I think I'm a little miffed as I haven't had time to see most of the newer films, like Batman, and some of the better films. I just think seeing it 100 times I would be sleeping after knowing every little thing as it would get stale after the 30th time. I mean, I'm a huge EP IV fan, love the movie, probably seen it 50 times or so, but that is over the almost 30 years it has been out, and about half of those are on the various VHS and DVD, viewings, or at the Special Edition theatre showings. It's all good.

2-1B
08-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Frett - no worries mate, it would take more than that for you to offend me. :D
I go and see tons of movies every month, I work a minimum of 40 hours per work and sometimes up to 60. Aside from my 16 viewings of ROTS, I've already double dipped on Batman Begins, Wedding Crashers, and Land of the Dead. I wanted to go thrice for Land but it was in and out of theaters so fast. :( Plus I want to see Devil's Rejects for a second time.

Spoon - according to the article, it said the guy collects his ticket stubs and didn't want to send them in, so he sent charge slips (and I think maybe photocopies but I'm too lazy to check right now). So from what I read, it sounded legit. Now as for the other 71 viewings, I can't vouch for his honesty. :crazed: