PDA

View Full Version : Here it comes!! MR Collectors Kit on the way!

slothfurnace
08-10-2005, 07:33 PM
I just got an email saying my Collectors kit had shipped!
Here comes my Undamaged Maul .45!!

Everyone lets post here when they arrive, I want to see if they come all at once, or if it's staggered.

Can't wait!

Slothfurnace

Stalecracker
08-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Got my notice, as well!!! I can't WAIT! According to FedEx it will arrive next Tuesday!

BOOYAH!!!

Umbra
08-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Out of curiocity, does it come with a stand for the Maul saber?

slothfurnace
08-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Hm,, I dunno!

MR Amy, if you see this post, can you say if it does or not? I am sure it does..

Slothfurnace

Stalecracker
08-11-2005, 11:47 AM
It DOES come with a stand. If you go to the MR site... click on Scaled eplicas and look at the CS picture you can see it in all it's glory right below the coveted FULL MAUL... I'm such a geek. :)

Jayspawn
08-12-2005, 12:56 AM
I got my confirmation tonight! Mine is scheduled to arrive Wednesday.

buchananRC96
08-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Might be a silly question for those of you who recieved the Collectors Society Kit. . .Did any one get thier "personalized Membership Card and ID Number" in the kit? I have a empty spot in the tray that the mini and the badge came in.

I mean it's not a big deal I got the kit for the Maul Mini and the exclusives :classic: but I just wanted to see if a phone call to customer services was needed.

Cirielle
08-12-2005, 12:57 PM
I got my email last night that it has been shipped! :thumbsup: :love: :D

Cirielle
08-12-2005, 12:59 PM
I got my confirmation tonight! Mine is scheduled to arrive Wednesday.

Just to give you a bonus information on this - last night I looked and it said it would be delivered on the 15th - yep no waiting here - It is out for delivery now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobafett07728
08-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Recieved my saber today, and it is awesome! I also did not recieve my Membership Card, but I am sure they are arriving afterwards. This set does not dissapoint!

Fwad
08-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Got my 2 today.No membership card in either box.

buchananRC96
08-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks to everyone for the heads up regarding the membership card. . .I figured the way that it was packaged up would prevent a customized membership card.

It is a nice piece :thumbsup: I enjoyed getting it first thing at work this morning.

Jediboy
08-12-2005, 11:41 PM
Woohoo! Mine shipped today and is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday! Excellent!

slothfurnace
08-13-2005, 09:53 PM
My collectors kit is supposed to be here Tuesday,, My obi Wan AFBB is also on the way, and my Windu is processing...

ah the sweet waiting...

dgauci5
08-13-2005, 11:50 PM
My kit is arriving on Tuesday, Amy from MR Customer Service has already stated that the membership cards are being shipped seperately. Makes sense since they are individually customised, should be recieving those as well shortly.

slothfurnace
08-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Cool, I for one am glad they're coming seperately, I would hate to have to wait another few weeks for them to figure out how to include them in the box with the rest of the kit.

I read on one thread that the Maul mini felt light, or flimsy... Is that true? I figured it would be as solid as the other minis in my collection.

kingyeti
08-14-2005, 05:31 PM
mine arrived fri.the maul mini looks and feels awesome .its a nice addition to my collection.cant wait for the vader helmet.

kingyeti
08-14-2005, 05:32 PM
oh.my card didnt come with my kit either.

eFXAmy
08-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Hello Everyone!

I am glad to hear you are all enjoying your CS membership kits. I wanted to take a minute to let you know your cards will be shipping separately. They will start shipping out next week.

kingyeti
08-14-2005, 05:54 PM
thanks for the info.it is much welcomed. the maul mini is awesome.

KooK
08-15-2005, 08:45 AM
My kit arrived on Friday, and it was hella awesome. i got freaked a bit when I noticed that the membership card was missing, but all forums I've read said the card should be on its way separately. Can't wait now for the Anakin Dark Chrome exclusive next month (and whatever else is coming...)

Blackened88
08-15-2005, 11:31 AM
I got my kit today, it's really cool now I might get into 45s.

Darth Waller
08-16-2005, 08:21 PM
i got mine today!!!!! beautiful packaging:love: i did not recieve my card either but would not want to have waited the extra time for mr to personalize each package.

in response to slothfurnace's comment on being light and flimsy. it is not as solid as i was expecting but no biggy, it is a lovely piece non-the-less.

can't wait to use my coupons...just need a money tree.

yeek
08-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Yep, got mine too!! Nice....

slothfurnace
08-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Well, folks, I got mine this evening as I came in from work. I must say it was a nice surprise after a grueling day of crunch time as we're trying to get our PC game demo out.

The packaging was superb, some of the best I have seen in a mass produced item. The dust cover and outer lining was such a surprise :)

The Maul mini, while not as heavy as I would expect due to it being a nice metal but kind of hollow... is very cool. However, the two plastic injection molded emitter ends just inside the aluminum discs on either end are a bit of a disappointment. Some kind of metal would have felt much better to the touch and feel of this otherwise awesome piece. I realize it was probably too expensive to manufacture/tool/ship/etc. to do a solid metal body and metal emitter ends.

One question for those who have it, does the battle damaged maul mini have the ribbed/flared emitter piece in plastic or metal? This might change my decision to order the Damaged mini because as I run my fingers along this mini, the plastic pieces feel unnaturaly room temperature next to the satisfying cold metal feel of the rest of the saber.

Aside from that, I would say this mini is right up there as one of my favs.

As always, happy collecting, folks!

Slothfurnace

Jayspawn
08-17-2005, 11:22 AM
I have the gold mini sloth, and I I've never taken it out of the box so I cant tell.

Anyways, FedEx showed up at 7 this morning. Woke me up -drove my dogs crazy. But not a bad way to wake up and getting a fun package! I love my kit! My Maul mini doesnt seem flimsy at all -feels pretty solid to me. It cool, but then I have the full-size LE but its nice compared the the real thing. I love the patch too! The Replica Report is a nice little read. Cant wait to get the next one.

decadentdave
08-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I got my kit today but the personalized membership card was missing! What's up with that?!?!?! That's no way to welcome CS members. Disappointed! :mad:

Jayspawn
08-17-2005, 02:41 PM
decadentdave, the previous posts already tell you that the card ships seperatly and why.

They will be arriving shortly.

decadentdave
08-17-2005, 02:51 PM
I don't understand why they just didn't wait another week to send these out with the personalized membership cards inside. How hard would it be to package them with the card included since the kits have to be individually inspected and packaged anyway? I think they should have prepared and handled the distribution of them a little better. Instead of, "Hello Mr./Mrs. so-and-so, and welcome to the CS," it feels more like "Here's your kit..." and "Oh, by the way, your personalized membership card will be shipping shortly." A membership kit should be just that... personalized.

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Mine is set to come today, pretty excited about it. But this thing was supposed to ship in May so being that its August I'm glad to be receiving the kit and the card separate. Lord knows, we don't need anymore delays from MR. Two pieces set for this year have already been pushed to next year: Darth Vader ROTS FX, Obi-Wan ROTS FX and there is rumor that the Luke ROTJ LED FX may delay past the quoted October 4th ship date given by Borders. I'll get them as soon as possible please. :D

Master Horn
08-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Right behind my maul mini is my favorite maul action figure:D
I tend to do that with all of my minis put them somewere on the top of my computer desk and put thier owners behind or next to them

dgauci5
08-23-2005, 09:33 AM
I don't understand why they just didn't wait another week to send these out with the personalized membership cards inside. How hard would it be to package them with the card included since the kits have to be individually inspected and packaged anyway?

From a business and shipping perspective VERY HARD.

Because that would have required someone at the distribution center to personally break the seal and open up each and every kit to insert the membership card, and then reseal the package completely and make sure that when that package was shipped it was sent to the correct recipient. The kits were sealed as a package at the manufacturer in China, not at the distribution center in NJ. All someone at the distribution center does is take a sealed package off the shelf, put it into a shipping box and slap a shipping label on it. I don't want someone at the DC opening up and disturbing my kit.

The extra handling involved would have sent the price of shipping and handling soaring. Needless to say we should all be glad they do not do it this way!!