PDA

View Full Version : Anakin on Mustafar #50

friend_of_vader
08-12-2005, 02:46 AM
Is it just me or does the fried Anakin look more like a dark tan?

I just recently picked this figure up from a Target in Chicagoland, and it has barely any shading or color to the skin, its just a bald, really tan Anakin with rings around the eyes. I was expecting a more fried look, more gore...

I dunno, maybe its just me.

Kidhuman
08-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Still a nice figure(s) if you ask me. I liked the way they crispified Anakin. Probably about the goriest Hasbro will go unless they release Owen and Beru toasted up nicely.

Jedi Flaherty
08-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Where in Chicago did you find him? I've been looking for months -- nothing!

Jedi Flaherty
http://blogs.starwars.com/gray-matter

ROTJLuke
08-12-2005, 12:43 PM
I got two normal Anakin's, and Im extremly happy with this figure. I think its awesome. :)

Punkreject
08-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I picked up two of the figures also. One to paint and one to keep in the package. I'm trying to attach a picture of the one I painted but it won't let me. Can anyone help me out?

friend_of_vader
08-12-2005, 02:27 PM
The Target in Country Side (Hodgekins, IL)...my dad was by there last week and said they had about 10...I went by last night and they had 1 Anakin (#50), and 4 R2-D2's (#48).

Mandalorian Candidat
08-12-2005, 03:22 PM
This is my favorite anakin figure of all time. The only way they could have improved upon it is if they gave us a uncharred body to do a before and after thing w/o needing the cloak, but then it would be 2 figures and Hasbro would change it to a deluxe item and charge us more.

Kidhuman
08-13-2005, 05:34 AM
I picked up two of the figures also. One to paint and one to keep in the package. I'm trying to attach a picture of the one I painted but it won't let me. Can anyone help me out?

Go to post reply, scroll down to manage attatchments and link th epic to upload.

darthzirock
08-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Here's a custom version I did, using Testors Contour Putty and acrylic paints.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/dancziraky/AnakinCustom14.jpg

ROTJLuke
08-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Nice job on the custom, looks good! :)

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 03:46 PM
I like the figure but the "uncharred" Anakin kind of disappointed. The Evolutions Anakin though may more than up for it!

waboritas
08-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Shouldn't this figure have been called Darth Vader? They called him that in the Mustafar Playset. The same could be said about the mascara and now yellow eyes version. Feedback?

General_Grievous
08-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Eh, the way I see it, if he's not in the armor, he's still Anakin. This figure isn't that bad. It passes for a burnt Anakin. But Hasbro probably had to tone it down so it could at least get on to toy shelves without parents making a fuss. I mean, this is a plastic figure of the main reason that ROTS got a PG-13.