PDA

View Full Version : "Ultimate" Luke and other Deluxe/Ultra ideas (merged)

ROTJLuke
08-12-2005, 01:25 PM
(Taken from my post in Luke Evolutions, I figured hell, it wouldnt hurt to put it in here, it is a pretty sweet idea imo)

However, I would also like to really see them put out a new line where they release a character from a specific movie and put in every accessory imaginable. For example ( :D :D ) release a Super Articulated Luke Jedi in his DSII uniform. But, he comes with:

Removable Tattoine Vest
Jedi Cloak
Rancor Pit Bone
Lightsaber (Tattoine Lighter Green)
Blaster Pistol
Endor Poncho
Endor Helmet
Lightsaber (DS II/Endor Darker Green)
Lightsaber hilt
Binders
Open Flesh Hand
Clinched Flesh Hand
Clinched Battle Damage Flesh Han
Open Gloved Hand
Clinched Gloved Hand
Funeral Pyre Torch

I doubt Hasbro would ever do that, but it would make a huge wetdream of mine. Just Imagine a super articulated figure with all that stuff. That would be the Ultimate ROTJ Luke! :D lol :D :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
That's a good idea, Luke. You've never mentioned that before. lol

ROTJLuke
08-16-2005, 01:32 PM
That's a good idea, Luke. You've never mentioned that before. lol

To a certain extent I havent. Im basically taking the Medicom Real Heroes Luke and shrinking it down, along w/ giving him a few more accessories. I would love to see an entire line done this way, however, like this for example:

Han Solo (A New Hope)
Includes:
Han Cantina Body/Han Stormtrooper Body
2-3 Interchangable heads
4 Interchangable hands
Stormtrooper belt
Stormtrooper blaster
Regular Blaster
Ceremony medal
Falcon headset (when fighting ties w/ luke)
Stormtrooper Helmet
Spice Crate

It would be a delux line with the sculpting and execution of the VOTC/Evolutions figures. A figure line that basically gave collectors the Ultimate version of characters. Of course, this would be aimed at collectors and more of the core characters, I dunno how an ultimate version of a cantina alien would get done but I think it would be a great line that would sell well. Id pick up multiples of the Luke above, and def. 2 Hans.

DarkArtist
08-16-2005, 01:58 PM
It's a great idea to have a deluxe line of the ultimate versions of our heroes and villians. As far as all the accessories, well Why Not ???? After all if you think about the Accessory Sets at Target featured multiple weapons, cloaks and etc and also a figure for $9.99 and since we all most likely picked up the VOTC for $9.99 why would they just combine the two into one and give us a deluxe line that is just like it says DELUXE. :grin:
Plus this could be the way we get some decent figures that are wanted and not pegwarming. :grin:

Deoxyribonucleic
08-16-2005, 02:36 PM
this is actually a GREAT idea!! Hasbro could do this with all the main characters kinda like they did with the 12" Luke Skywalker (back in the time of the 300th boba fett). Make them deluxe figures and have each character come with all kinds of gear/helmets/weapons/clothes etc.

REally cool idea ROTJ! :thumbsup:

ROTJLuke
08-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks, and it really would get bought up by collectors and kids alike. Here was a few more to elaborate on the idea:

Luke Skywalker (ANH) Vol. I

Includes:

SA Tattoine Luke Body (Soft Goods Shirt)
SA Stormtrooper Body
2 Luke Heads (Neutral Facial Pose w/ Messy hair, Neutral Facial Pose w/ Combed Hair)
Lightsaber hilt
Lightsaber
Stormtrooper blaster
Stormtrooper helmet
Stormtrooper utility belt w/ blaster holster
Electrobinoculars
Tattoine Rifle
Comlink (from death star)
Tattoine Poncho (Soft goods)
Tattoine hat
Various Hands(Opened Left/Right, Clinched Left/Right, Opened ST gloves, Clinched ST gloves)

Etc. (Basically nething I missed)

Luke Skywalker (ANH) Vol. II

Includes:

SA X-Wing Pilot Body
SA Ceremony Body
2 Luke Heads (Both Combed Hair, Neutral Expression)
X-Wing Helmet
Blaster Pistol
Lightsaber Hilt
Lightsaber
Medal

Han Solo (ROTJ)

Includes:

SA Han Solo body
SA AT-ST body
2 Han Solo Heads (One Neutral w/ Hair Combed, One Carbonite Awakening)
Soft Goods Smuggler's Vest
Soft Goods Endor Poncho
Carbonite Block (Fully incases body)
Blaster
Carcoon Vibro Blade
Stachel Charges (Shield Bunker)
Binders(Jabba's Palace)
AT-ST Helmet

Princess Leia (ROTJ) Vol. I

SA Leia Slave Body
SA Leia General Body
2 Leia Heads (One Slave head, hair down, and One Hair Up)
Realistic Metal Chains
Blaster
Endor Helmet
Endor Poncho (Soft Goods)

Princess Leia (ROTJ) Vol. II

SA Leia Boushh Body (Soft Goods cape)
SA Endor Dress Body (Soft Goods)
2 Leia Heads (One Boussh, One Endor Dress)
Thermal Detonator
Long Blaster
Blaster
Boussh Helmet

This List Goes on and on, but that just gives you a general idea. Id love to see these characters done with this treatment:

Luke (ANH,ESB,ROTJ)
Han (ANH,ESB,ROTJ)
Leia (ANH,ESB,ROTJ)
Emperor Palpatine (AOTC,ROTS,ROTJ)
Darth Vader (ESB,ROTJ)
Lando (ESB,ROTJ)
3PO (ROTS,ESB (breakapart), ROTJ (w/ endor chair))
R2 (ROTS, ESB, ROTJ (bunker))
Anakin (ROTS, ROTJ Spirit (w/ Hayden and Sebastian heads and body's))
Obi Wan (TPM,ROTS)
Qui Gon (TPM)
Mace Windu (AOTC, ROTS)
Darth Maul (TPM)

Special Army builders

Stormtroopers (5, w/ blasters, battle damaged bodies, etc.)
Clonetroopers (5, w/ blasters, battle damaged bodies, etc.)
Clonetrooper Leaders (Cody, Bly, Gree, Bacara, etc.)
Scout Troopers (etc.)
Hoth Troopers (etc.)

Jedi (5, including Ki-Adi, Plo Koon, Agen Kolar, Aayla Secura, etc. w/ lightsaber hilts, lightsabers, and select holographic bodies/heads)

If they did lines like these, it would open up the basic line to include more cantina and jabbas aliens and ewoks. Its my idea, hope you guys like it, I think it would be sweet. :D :D

Rogue II
08-16-2005, 11:39 PM
How about:

R2-D2 (not really movie specific)
Various tools/arms
Leia Hologram
Luke's Lightsabre hilt
Tray from Sail Barge
Blue Lightening from ATOC R3 Preview figure - can be used to simulate when R2 was captured by the Jawas
Luke's Equipment from Dagobah.

There is almost enough stuff for a Chewbacca if you include a removeable bandolier (sp?) and maybe a repair droid from ESB. A ROTJ Emperor would be nice as well if they included a throne and a nice window to watch a space battle from.

CaptainSolo1138
08-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Lobot
Interchangeable hands (one holding to hold a blaster, one pointing)
Interchangeable heads (one looking straight, one glancing to the right)
Imperial blaster
Light-up head piece
Fur coat
Pimp cane

ROTJLuke
08-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Id love to see this done, we could only hope and pray, right? It was really goin off the Ani Crispy in the ROTS line that got me thinkin that what if we got delux SA figures that you could switch heads and hands and have all the accessories in the world to. It would be such a bought up line, and it would be soo sweet to have virtually every outfit from a specific movie on a character in one or two sets. But if hasbro does it, thatll be the day :rolleyes:

JediTricks
08-18-2005, 12:08 AM
It's a great idea to have a deluxe line of the ultimate versions of our heroes and villians. As far as all the accessories, well Why Not ????
this is actually a GREAT idea!! Hasbro could do this with all the main characters kinda like they did with the 12" Luke Skywalker (back in the time of the 300th boba fett). Make them deluxe figures and have each character come with all kinds of gear/helmets/weapons/clothes etc.

REally cool idea ROTJ! :thumbsup:Yeah ROTJLuke, great idea of yours!
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=421014#post421014

Maybe Hasbro should do that as an "ultimates" line, deluxe-pricepoint and cards but with basic-department sculpting and paint (because the deluxe versions aren't that good) and tons of articulation and every conceivable accessory, Luke could be the flagship in the line which could continue with other ultimate figs.

:p

Deoxyribonucleic
08-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Really cool idea JT! :thumbsup: :yes:

;)

teehee

ROTJLuke
08-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Yeah ROTJLuke, great idea of yours!
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=421014#post421014

:p

Completly missed that bro, sorry! Meah, Im gettin too old for this, lol. Well, great idea, JT. lol :yes:

JediTricks
08-21-2005, 06:39 PM
No worries dude, I was just funnin'. I would like to see an Ultimates line, no question, and Luke should be the flagship.

ROTJLuke
08-23-2005, 01:20 PM
No worries dude, I was just funnin'. I would like to see an Ultimates line, no question, and Luke should be the flagship.

Agreed to the fullest.:thumbsup:

jlw
08-27-2005, 12:00 AM
I agree that there needs to be an "Ultimate" line of figures. I had this idea when I was making a custom ANH Luke years ago

http://droidfactorycustoms.tripod.com/id32.htm

I have a little different take on an "Ultimate" ANH Luke though. Here is how I would like to see him made:

new head sculpt, doesn't really have to be ball joint though; haven't seen one yet where the neck didn't look a little long.
plastic moulded chest and arms, like floppy hat Luke
ball-joint shoulders and elbows with articulated wrist, like Kit Fisto
soft-goods skirt/lower tunic, like soft-goods Qui-Gon, Agen Kolar, etc.
ball-joint knees, and having the articulated feet is not that big of a deal to me
assessories:
1. Lightsaber (removable blade not that big of deal to me)
2. Blast shield helmet
3. Jedi Training remote
4. Imperial blaster
5. Macrobinoculars
6. Removable Tatooine belt
7. Removable Stormtrooper belt
8. Grappling Hook
9. Ponch (soft-goods)
10. Floppy hat

And if they were to make an "Ultimate" ROTJ Luke, I think I'd go along with JT's suggestion on the Evolutions thread; and it would go a little something like this:

new head sculpt (again ball-joint neck not that big of a deal)
Death Star 2/ Final Duel chest with ball-joint shoulders
ball-joint elbows, like VOTC Han and articulated wrists
ball joint knees, (again foot articulation not that big of a deal)
Assessories
1. Lightsaber (again removable blade not that big of a deal)
2. Endor Ranger helmet
3. Endor poncho (soft-goods)
4. Removable belt
5. Binders
6. Electrical bolts, like ROTS Mace Windu

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2005, 04:10 PM
I had an idea for a way to get super articulated figures with boatloads of accessories for the collectors, and main characters for the kids. Use the deluxe format (or even boot it up a couple of bucks if needed) and make figures with 14+ points of articulation and several accessories. Such as:

The Phantom Menace
*Obi-Wan Kenobi - includes cloth cloak, lightsaber, hilt, comlink, interchangeable heads (braided calm, unbraided calm, braided aggressive, braided with A99 aquata breather), Naboo reactor core base
*Qui-Gon Jinn - includes cloth cloak, cloth poncho, lightsaber, hilt, blood kit, comlink, interchangeable torsos (regular/battle damaged), interchangeable heads (calm, aggressive, "Darth Maul just stabbed me", with A99 aquata breather), light-up funeral pyre
*Darth Maul - includes cloth cloak, split-apart lightsaber, split-apart hilt, interchangeable heads (calm, aggressive), Naboo reactor core base (connects to Obi-Wan's)
*Anakin Skywalker - includes podrace helmet, Naboo helmet, pit droid, counter from Watto's shop (to sit on)

Clone Wars
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (in non-removable clone armor) - includes cloth cape, helmet, lance, lightsaber, hilt, speeder bike
*Durge - includes blasters, spiked chain, arm deflectors, interchangeable torsos (regular, battle damaged, exposed), interchangeable arms and legs (regular, battle damaged, exposed), Muunilinst base
*Anakin Skywalker (as seen on Nelvaan) - includes lightsaber, hilt, removable robot hand, placeholder hand, crushed Techno Union Army representative
*Saesee Tiin (in non-removable clone armor) - includes helmet, lightsaber, hilt, destroyed battle droid

Revenge of the Sith
*Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader - includes cloth cloak, lightsaber, hilt, removable left arm, removable legs, starfighter headset, interchangeable heads (blue eyes, red eyes, red eyes screaming), fire effect to put on body, Mustafar base
*Yoda - includes cloth cloak, lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, lightning-catching effects, interchangeable heads (calm, happy, aggressive), chair from "apartment," half of a senate pod
*Mace Windu - includes cloth cloak, lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, removable hand, interchangeable heads (calm, "This party's over," screaming, lit-up skull showing), interchangeable torsos (regular, lit-up bones showing), chair from Yoda's "apartment"
*Emperor Palpatine (as seen during Yoda duel) - includes cloth cloak, lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, interchangeable hands (regular, lightning), other half of a senate pod

I'll post more later.

rich_of_the_dead
10-02-2005, 07:40 PM
that would be beyond cool !!!!:yes: :yes: :lipsrseal :lipsrseal :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :D lol lol

Rogue II
10-03-2005, 05:21 PM
I liked the Saga Deluxe line.

A New Hope
Luke with Moisture Evaporator
R2-D2 with crane (It could have magnets in it to lift R2 out of an X-Wing)
Rebel Technician with pilot transport
Death Star Gunner with firing station

Empire Strikes Back
Han Solo with Tourture Device
Hoth Rebel with computer console
Ugnaughts with conveyor belt and furnace (with C-3PO parts)

Return of the Jedi
Emperor with Throne
Ewoks with Catapult
C-3PO with Ewoks and Chair
New Admiral Ackbar with the briefing table and Endor hologram.
Jabba's Palace figures part 2: Sgt Doallyan, Herme Odle, and a new Salacious Crumb --the first one was nice

Bacta Beast
10-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Sounds good to me, I'll bye them all!
:thumbsup:

Captain Spoon
10-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Those would be awesome. I would buy 3 of each at least

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Attack of the Clones
*Jango Fett - includes helmet, blasters, more realistic flamethrower effect, removable cord, saberdart launcher, pilot headgear, Kamino jetpack, Geonosis jetpack, removable head, jetpack effect (similar to 2003 Boba Fett), clone youth
*Padmé Amidala (Geonosis) - includes blaster, cloth cape, chain/handcuffs (from Anakin Evolutions set), interchangeable torsos (regular, ripped), interchangeable heads (calm, aggressive), pillar from playset

Revenge of the Sith
*R2-D2 - includes booster rocket effect (similar to 2003 Boba Fett), destroyed Super Battle Droids, oil-squirting effect, flame effect, interchangeable heads (regular, attachments all out, fighting buzz droids), interchangeable chest/back plates (regular, attachments all out), removable feet (to better fit in Jedi Starfighter)

A New Hope
*Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper) - includes blaster rifle, blaster pistol, helmet, comlink (maybe as extra hand), interchangeable heads (regular, wet, wet screaming), Death Star red room base/wall
*Han Solo (Stormtrooper) - includes blaster rifle, blaster pistol, helmet, Chewie's binders, interchangeable heads (regular, screaming)

Return of the Jedi
*C-3PO - includes Salacious Crumb with pillows (sitting), removable limbs, interchangeable heads (normal, eye ripped out), interchangeable torsos (regular, dirty), Endor throne
*R2-D2 - includes ewok with rocks, permanently attached "exploded" parts, magnetic lifter for X-wing, Endor base
*Boba Fett - repainted, slightly retooled version of Jango Fett