PDA

View Full Version : Studio Scale Helmet release dates

CooLJoE
08-12-2005, 02:17 PM
I doubt I'm the only one wondering this, so I thought I would ask this question to the MR people:

Any idea what the release dates are for the various Studio Scale Helmets?

I'm curious because I keep seeing them pushed back. I have the Spec Ops, regular, and Star Corps helmets on preorder at StarWars Shop. Although oddly enough, they show the Spec Ops helmet coming before the regular or Star Corps. I figure the regular would come first since the other 2 are painted versions of it.

This is what I see for release dates according to SW Shop:

Spec Ops - Aug 2005
Regular - Nov 2005
Star Corps - Dec 2005

So if an MR rep could clarify this for us, that would be great.

Markimus
08-12-2005, 06:14 PM
I heard it was delayed... October 2005 for the Special Ops
November 2005 for the Shock and Regular
Looks like a 2 month delay for the Spec Ops...as long as it looks good - some delay is ok with me...

CooLJoE
08-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Hey, thanks for replying.

Yeah, I'm ok with a delay so long as they look good. From what I saw at C3, they should be nice, but those were prototypes.

Works out anyways since I needed to channel my money towards a computer upgrade, which would conflict with the helmet if it came out this month.

BTW, am I the only one that finds it wierd to see the SpecOps helmet come before the regular? Its just the regular helmet, but with a paint scheme. I figure regular would come first.

Markimus
08-13-2005, 11:28 AM
That does seem weird to me too.. that the regular helmet would not be the first one out. You'd think they make the Spec Ops from the regular.. adding color. Who knows?

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 02:12 PM
The Special Ops I would imagine would be rushed out first because it was an exclusive to the retailers, but I've heard additional chatter that leads to the idea that it will ship alongside the standards in November and the Shocktroopers will ship first in Oct. I guess we'll see, but it should be interesting to get final visuals as they keep refining them as the year progresses. If you take a look at them at CIII and then again at SDCC there are subtile differences...

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 02:13 PM
By the way, These aren't Studio Scales. They are considered LEs. There were no actual Clonetrooper helmets as they were CGI'd with close ups using Stormtrooper helmets as placements. The only helmet so far coming out as an SS is the ROTS Darth Vader bucket.

CooLJoE
08-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah I know they are based on the CG renders. I said Studio Scale, because thats what Master Replicas and StarWars Shop calls them.

Although I have to wonder how there was no actual helmet when you have a few scenes with actual Clone Troopers (Bodie Taylor as the actor, live and on-screen). I know they had their helmets off, but did none of them have a helmet in their hand or under their arm? Wierd.

Slicker
08-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Although I have to wonder how there was no actual helmet when you have a few scenes with actual Clone Troopers (Bodie Taylor as the actor, live and on-screen). I know they had their helmets off, but did none of them have a helmet in their hand or under their arm? Wierd.They never made armor or helmets for the movies. When you see someones face in the armor the face is digitally placed there. You can really notice it in ROTS when Commander Cody gives Obi Wan his lightsaber. His head moves around unnaturally.

Jayspawn
08-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey, just a reminder to everyone! Collector's Society Members will be able to order the Darth Vader Studio Scale helmet (this) Thursday the 25th!!! The public will be able to order them on the 30th.

Master Replicas will be releasing 3 versions of the Studio Helmet which will include...

1. The Standard Studio Scale Helmet $899

2. The Signature Edition signed by Hayden Christensen $1049

3. The DUEL Signature Edition signed by Hayden Christensen and James Earl Jones $1499 (apparently this will be VERY limited!!!)

This is pretty exciting news, the helmet itself is impressive enough. I myself am tempted by the Dark Side!

kingyeti
08-22-2005, 06:18 PM
thanks for the reminder.i'm counting down the hours.are they going to offer both the dual and hayden signature models or just the dual?i understood just retailers were getting the hayden models.

Jayspawn
08-22-2005, 07:31 PM
I believe that MR will be offereing all 3 versions. But the Duel signed helmet will through only MR. The other 2 versions should be available at other etailers.

Jedi_Mike
09-11-2005, 01:36 PM
The Hayden Solo will be a retailer Exclusive like the Special Ops. The Dual an MR exclusive like the Shocktrooper and the Standard will be available at both like the Standard White Clone. Also Target.com has a date of December 1st as the release...