PDA

View Full Version : New Car!!!!!

darthvyn
08-12-2005, 10:49 PM
welp, i just got back from driving my brand new car. scion tC, "nautical blue." man, it's nice. i'll post pics tomorrow once it's daylight...

bobafrett
08-12-2005, 11:03 PM
welp, i just got back from driving my brand new car. scion tC, "nautical blue." man, it's nice. i'll post pics tomorrow once it's daylight...

Please do so, I like pictures! Is it "Brand New" or just used "Brand new"?

shammykenobi
08-13-2005, 08:50 AM
my roomate has a scion tc...darn good car!!!! You're a lucky man.

darthvyn
08-13-2005, 09:15 AM
BRAND new... my first ever. odometer read 11 miles when i got it... it's sunny today, so i'm going to try to find a nice place to take some pics...

Slicker
08-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Congrats on the new car Vyn. Is it the one that's all boxey? Or is it an actual car? I'm not too up to date on Scions.

CaptainSolo1138
08-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Patience is not my strongest virtue, so I Googled this bad boy. Pretty sweet, vyn. It's not "boxey" at all! Are they all manual? If so, let me say that you're braver that I thought. :pleased:

darthvyn
08-13-2005, 08:23 PM
http://scion.com/showroom/tc/gallery/

it's the two-door hatchback coupe. it's really slick. they come standard with the manual, but there is an A/T option. ever since i started thinking about getting a new car, i was going to get the manual, however.

there are some REALLY cool features, too... the back seats fold forward, so you have a lot of cargo room with the hatch, they also recline to 45 degrees, so your back passengers have some luxury, too. the front seats, however, fold down flat if you take out the headrests so that it lies flush with the back seats. scion calls it a "social area" - you can use your imagination, but it will be useful for the regular trips to NY we take. it has cruise too... can't use that until i hit 1000 miles, though - need to break in the engine with varying speeds... i've already done too much highway driving i feel...

still haven't taken pics, because by the time i remembered too, it started to storm... second day of having the car, and it has to rain! oh, well. had to happen sometime...

jjreason
08-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Congrats, Vyn, a mighty nice purchase there. I don't think Scion has made it up here yet, I saw my first ones down in Cali last month (and not the coupes either, the boxy jeepish homey hiphop stylinish thingamajig - whatever the heck that's called).

darthvyn
08-13-2005, 11:16 PM
thank you, thank you...

i also got the upgraded sound system - upgraded door speakers, plus the addition of an amp and subwoofer. it's awesome.

JetsAndHeels
08-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Very nice car, congrats.
I suppose you have to get something nice and comfortable when dealing with the traffic in Raleigh, right? :D

DarthQuack
08-14-2005, 05:03 PM
My new car is 2 years old. 2003 Honda Civic. Silver. I love driving it, it's a lot of fun. About 27k miles on it. No major problems yet. Hate paying $2.60 a gallon for gas though. :upset:

Sith Lord 0498
08-14-2005, 07:44 PM
After an unfortunate early-morning incident in a Wal-Mart parking lot three weeks ago, I had the opportunity to finally get my "dream car"...a dark metallic green 2000 Pontiac Sunfire coupe!! I can't get over how cool it is to drive. :love:

Even more surprising was the price tag: $8000 for a car with only 50,000 miles on it. The old car (actually my wife's car) had over 108,000 miles on it when the accident happened.

Amazing how things can turn around during a bad situation...

darthvyn
08-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Very nice car, congrats.
I suppose you have to get something nice and comfortable when dealing with the traffic in Raleigh, right? :D

compared to NY, there IS no traffic in raleigh...

but, since the front seats fold flat down to the back, i can take a little nap on the off occasion when something goes wrong ahead of me...

darthvyn
08-15-2005, 01:34 PM
finally... pics!

exterior...

darthvyn
08-15-2005, 01:37 PM
and a couple of the interior...

JetsAndHeels
08-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Awesome pics!! That is a very sweet ride.

Let me guess, came from Fred Anderson Toyota out by the airport??

darthvyn
08-15-2005, 02:06 PM
yup, fred anderson. mrs. darthvyn's uncle AND aunt work there, so i bought it from him, and she got it to me in under 10 days. she works procurement. i've got about 275 miles on it now (got it on friday with 11 on it...) trying to get as close to broken in before we drive up to NY this coming weekend...

named it "bluestreak" after the transformers G1 brother to smokescreen and prowl. (which is funny, because my old car, the ex-police car is "prowl".) of course, the original bluestreak was silver, and the current alternators conception of him is "silverstreak" - but i couldn't call it "silverstreak" - that would just be confusing. of course, as soon as hasbro makes a scion tC alternator, i'll have to re-christen it whatever they decide to name that one... hmmmm... if they made a tC into bumblebee/cliffjumper, that would be awesome! i'm going to have to go over to the TF:E&B thread now...

Slicker
08-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Nice looking car Vyn. You'll just have to leave Mrs. Vyn at home when we go lady hunting.

JON9000
08-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Hi there Darth Vyn.

I am thinking about getting a 2006 tc (i-pod ready). It seems to pack a lot in for a really good price. Have you had any issues with yours? What options did you get and so you regret any of them?

Can you mother-in-law get Fred Anderson to drop that ridiculous "doc fee"?

The more I see of this car the more I like it.

darthvyn
08-29-2005, 08:31 AM
no issues yet. and i keep finding more features i like...

here's a post i made at www.scionlife.com/forums about the subtle little nuances that i like about the car

"the way you can touch everything for a split second and have it do what you want smoothly - the climate-control dial and buttons, the windows, the rear hatch, the roof shades, even the glovebox - you release the handle, and it floats down to the fully open position. that's pretty trick!

i like how the shoulder harness of the seatbelt is in the b-pillar, not just hanging from it.

the two over-head lights - one in the front and one in the back. each able to be independantly connected to the door opening. also the rear compartment light... nice touches."

those are just the little things that i've picked up on in the last couple of weeks - the glovebox thing just yesteday, in fact! other than that, the styling is really nice, the engine has good pick-up (coming from a 350ci V8, that's saying a lot...) and it has a lot of cargo room with the back seats folded down - mrs. darthvyn and i were able to fit most of her bridal shower gifts in the car. her cousins took a couple.

i got the upgraded sound system - door speaker upgrades, a 100 watt amp and the bazooka subwoofer with custom enclosure (it sits in the back passenger side space between the wheel well and the rear quarter panel. it juts out a little, but still affords more room than an enclosure that's in the middle of the cargo area.)

i also got the amber lighting kit - footwells and cupholder illumination.

i don't regret getting either option. that was it, though.

the perks for having family in the dealership was just pushing the deal through faster with the best possible financing. i had to pay for everything, but i got it in a week with almost the lowest apr there was.

if you have an ipod already, it makes sense to get the ipod h/u. it's the only way you'll be able to control the ipod through the steering wheel/headunit controls. i don't have one (yet...) so i didn't get it. i'm also looking to change it out for one that can synch up to my phone to route calls through the stereo speakers anyway, so i didn't want to spend the extra money for something i was going to get rid of... but the speaker upgrade is well worth it.

and get the 5 speed. it's awesome!

and www.scionlife.com/forums is okay for info, but most of the people over there are total idiots. www.yoursciontc.com is a little more civilized, but i don't post over there that much.

darthvyn
10-20-2005, 12:58 PM
so, i've got a ding in it already.... so ****ed!!!!!! it's like, an inch long, a couple of inches back from where the door ends. obviously someone opened a high SUV door with a sharp corner to it right into the side of my car. what gets me is i had parked all the way next to my other car just to give it extra room...

CaptainSolo1138
10-21-2005, 09:46 AM
OUCH! That's rough, man. The likely scenario? A soccer mom (who can't handle a Ford Focus, let alone a Ford Excursion) trying to back out with one hand, maybe her knees, because she was: A) On the damn cell phone B) Beating the s**t out of her hateful kids C) Eating D) Trying to figure out the iPod converter E) All of the above

I get so sick of the inconsiderate people I come across/hear about on a daily basis. This is just another example.

Does anyone else think it's just coincidence that cell phones and iPods are the perfect size for these people to shove up their a55?

Rocketboy
10-21-2005, 10:10 AM
OUCH! That's rough, man. The likely scenario? A soccer mom (who can't handle a Ford Focus, let alone a Ford Excursion) trying to back out with one hand, maybe her knees, because she was: A) On the damn cell phone B) Beating the s**t out of her hateful kids C) Eating D) Trying to figure out the iPod converter E) All of the aboveYou forgot putting on makeup.

I get so sick of the inconsiderate people I come across/hear about on a daily basis. This is just another example.Sounds like 99.999% of people I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Does anyone else think it's just coincidence that cell phones and iPods are the perfect size for these people to shove up their a55?No comment (I'd probably get a warning ;) ).

darthvyn
10-21-2005, 10:31 AM
well, it's not a huge one... it's definitely not from a moving car. it'd most likely the same mom not watching/teaching her kids to value other people's possessions and the kid wings the door open at terminal velocity right into the side of my car. and when she sees what's happened, says "stupid car parked too close to mine. my son/daughter/mongoloid is perfect just the way he/she/it is." as she wrenches the corner of her way-too-large door out of the ding left, and walks to her apartment while the kid is punching the neighbor's dog.

sith_killer_99
10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
well, it's not a huge one... it's definitely not from a moving car. it'd most likely the same mom not watching/teaching her kids to value other people's possessions and the kid wings the door open at terminal velocity right into the side of my car. and when she sees what's happened, says "stupid car parked too close to mine. my son/daughter/mongoloid is perfect just the way he/she/it is." as she wrenches the corner of her way-too-large door out of the ding left, and walks to her apartment while the kid is punching the neighbor's dog.

Dude, I didn't know you lived in my neighborhood! I know the woman who hit your car, she lives 2-3 doors down from me. LOL