PDA

View Full Version : Is the Luke Skywalker ROTJ .45 worth getting?

slothfurnace
08-13-2005, 09:00 PM
I mean, I am looking at it, and I just don't dig it for some reason. I almost would rather have the Ebau chrome exclusive Luke.

Anyone else thinks it's just not up to snuff with the rest of the minis? or am I crazy?

I keep thinking I ought to order it while it's available, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Also, the Obi Wan ATOC mini seems to be pretty hot right now, any idea what they're going for? I know where to get a couple at 34.95 at a store by my house...

just wondering.

Slothfurnace

dgauci5
08-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Of course it's worth having if you like the Luke ROTJ saber!! How you could compare an abomination like the Ebay chrome version to this good looking saber is beyond me!!

Jayspawn
08-13-2005, 11:05 PM
I really like Luke's ROTJ lightsaber. Heck, I have the full-sized saber and its beautiful! The mini is definatly worth getting if you dont want to drop the bones on a full-size.

lukespop
08-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah, the .45 ROTJ luke is just like the full size....except smaller:thumbsup: . I think the chrome version is lame. Anything that is not movie accurate is not worth the $ in my opinion.

I just sold a OB1 AOTC on ebay for $40. If you can get it for $35 at a store by your house and not pay shipping, buy it if you want it!

Stalecracker
08-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Same here. I was going to pass on it, then decided to get to complete my collection. I HATED the pics of it but in person it really fit's in nicely and is a great looking piece!

I recommend it.

slothfurnace
08-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks, Stalecracker, that's what I was wondering.

I don't like any of the pics from MRs site, but if it's better in person, I'll consider it...

Also, Abomination is in the eye of the beholder,, since I am a hobbyist machinist, I think the lathed out of one piece of metal is a lot more attractive than the wierd orange and stripes paint job on the regular version.

Maybe it is movie accurate, but that doesn't mean it's as classy or elegant as the Obi Wan ANH or Vader sabers..

My opinion,,,

Slothfurnace

KooK
08-15-2005, 08:01 AM
The Skywalker ROTJ saber was my third scaled saber, and while I seem to favor the Sith sabers overall, I still love this one. I mean, this is LUKE'S saber! How can you not love it!? :thumbsup:

kingyeti
08-15-2005, 06:36 PM
the Luke ROTJ scaled was my first so it would match my fx saber. i think it looks awesome.even better than the fx one because of the neck.

megaprime33
08-16-2005, 07:12 AM
I personally don't own it, but based on pictures I have seen, it looks pretty damn good. I would get it if I was interested in it. What I want to do is buy scaled sabers to match my full scale sabers. So as of right now, I just need to get a vader anh scaled.

lukespop
08-16-2005, 01:44 PM
I personally don't own it, but based on pictures I have seen, it looks pretty damn good. I would get it if I was interested in it. What I want to do is buy scaled sabers to match my full scale sabers. So as of right now, I just need to get a vader anh scaled.

How much would you pay for a gold plated Vader ANH?

slothfurnace
08-16-2005, 03:19 PM
How much are you selling it for?

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 02:04 PM
I have the ROTJ Luke, it was my first mini and still is amazing. Pics don't do it justice but don't count out the Chrome eBay mini, looks great next to the ROTJ standard. If you're into the Trio displays, the Gold, Chrome and Standard make a great set up.

Master Horn
08-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah, the .45 ROTJ luke is just like the full size....except smaller:thumbsup: . I think the chrome version is lame. Anything that is not movie accurate is not worth the $ in my opinion.

I just sold a OB1 AOTC on ebay for $40. If you can get it for $35 at a store by your house and not pay shipping, buy it if you want it!
Same here. My first mini was the best buy chrome sidious and it wa scool for a little wile then I went out and got the real one and it was like WOW. The real sidious looks awsome and is 100 times better than the chrome

echo5
08-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Actually, Luke's ROTJ saber hilt is one of my least favorite designs... and I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy. It just seems so plain. I know it's similar to Obi-Wan's ANH hilt, but it seems to lack personality.

But, on the other hand, it WAS Luke Skywalker's hilt that defeated Darth Vader. So it's worth getting because of it's mythic significance.