PDA

View Full Version : Vos Figure

Qui-Long Gone
08-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Since he got a name drop by Obi-Wan in ROTS, will Vos get an action figure? :yes:

Doesn't his name "mention" move him out of the exclusive "expanded universe" category? I mean Mon Mathma is in the film for like 2 seconds, doesn't even get a freakin' line, and I've found 500 million figures of her every where.....:pleased:

Kidhuman
08-14-2005, 12:17 AM
She is in a deleted scene I do believe, thats why the figure of her.

Umbra
08-14-2005, 12:26 AM
And Vos is based off a background character in Phantom Menance. I think EU went back to say it actually was Vos. So seems plausible for hasbro.

I for one LOVE the idea of a Vos figure

tagmac
08-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Vos is an extremely popular EU figure, and also appeared in TPM and the ROTS comics adaptation. A figure of him is a gimmie.

And as for the Mon Mothma argument, the same could be said about Tarkin, Ask Aak, and Meena Tills in terms of screen time.

2-1B
08-14-2005, 03:29 PM
I don't believe that's Vos in TPM, just some dude who looks like him.

I won't buy a figure of this clown.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2005, 05:28 PM
He's probably one of the few EU characters I'd actually buy a figure of; he's pretty cool.

jimmymiro12
08-14-2005, 07:56 PM
can u set up pics. I've herd of him but haven't seen him.

evenflow
08-14-2005, 08:23 PM
I hope that Hasbro revisits EU, and gives us a Vos figure, especially now with his mention in the film.

Umbra
08-14-2005, 08:25 PM
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/quinlanvos/?id=bts

While not originally intended as Vos, i believe the comics went on to say it was Vos in TPM on a mission to stop a drug ring that ultimatly resulted in his and Aayla's memory loss

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2005, 08:46 PM

While not originally intended as Vos, i believe the comics went on to say it was Vos in TPM on a mission to stop a drug ring that ultimatly resulted in his and Aayla's memory loss
. . . which is stupid, since he would've sensed Anakin's presence and brought him to the Council before Qui-Gon did.

Umbra
08-14-2005, 09:55 PM
. . . which is stupid, since he would've sensed Anakin's presence and brought him to the Council before Qui-Gon did.

Not really, Quigon didnt notice anaking till he walked in on him. The bigger thing is why didn't Vos help the jedi on their mission after their Hyperdrive went out. I didn't follow the comics that far back but I think it was simply stated Vos was unaware of quigons plight, and he was deep undercover so he didnt come foreward.

2-1B
08-15-2005, 01:09 AM
. . . EU:whip:

mastermatt24
08-15-2005, 02:26 AM
Have you even followed Republic Caesar?

2-1B
08-15-2005, 02:28 AM
Have you even followed Republic Caesar?

Nope, but I asked Steve Sansweet about it and he told me that . . . . DOH ! I can't tell you what he told me, bahhhhhhhh ! ! ! :frus: :frus: :frus:

mastermatt24
08-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Ignorance...
Its funny that you're still mad lol

2-1B
08-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Who said I was mad ? :confused:

:love:

mastermatt24
08-15-2005, 03:27 AM
bahhhhhhhh ! ! ! :frus: :frus: :frus:
That looks mad to me. :yes:

2-1B
08-15-2005, 04:04 AM
That would be Frustrated, as in the code :frus :

:Mad : would be this one, as in :mad:

lol lol lol lol lol

Maybe they can use this guy as a model for the new figure if they ever do it. :)

darthvyn
08-15-2005, 08:26 AM

maybe he meant to, but due to the "memory loss" forgot too? :rolleyes:

THE Slayer
08-15-2005, 07:04 PM

You would think. But since they couldn't even sense that they were about to be shot in the back, or the dark side when standing next to the sith lord himself, I'm not banking on them picking up the force in anyone, unless they actually use it.

Oh yeah, I'd buy him. :)

Qui-Long Gone
08-18-2005, 02:37 AM
maybe he meant to, but due to the "memory loss" forgot too? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the "character" in TPM isn't Vos....memory loss or no....until Zeus....I mean Lucas "says" otherwise....(being that he's been known to change entire character stories now and then...

As for Vos, he is a genuine bad ***** and I think he deserves a figure: 1. His padawan Aayla Secura got two figures, 2. Obi-Wan drops his name in ROTS, and 3. well, I said it above, he's a bad *****.

CaptainSolo1138
08-18-2005, 08:18 AM
1. His padawan Aayla Secura got two figuresBut she was actually in the movies.
2. Obi-Wan drops his name in ROTSBig deal. Han mentions Anoat and Ord Mantel but they didn't make playsets.

I don't like the EU, but that's no reason for you guys not to have the figures you want. If they do it, though, it should be a sub-line and not mixed in with the "canon" stuff. Unlike those garbage Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan figures from a few years back. :rolleyes: