PDA

View Full Version : Stormtrooper Question

jlw
08-14-2005, 07:24 PM
I was going through my 6yr old's Star Wars collection with him this weekend, and came across something that's got me puzzled. I think this may be a figure his mother found at a yard sale or something. The figure IS NOT a homemade custom figure. There are NO cut marks in the seams of the chest and the figure still has the factory plastic "weld". Anyway, my son has a Stormtrooper that is made up of a POTJ Sandtrooper head (no shoulder pauldron), chest (with slot in back for backpack), and arms; and commtech/OTC Stormtrooper torso, belt, and legs (with articulated knees). The figure is clean white, with no sand deco paint job.

At first I thought this was just a Sandtrooper that somebody cut the shoulder pauldron off. Then I noticed that he has the Stormtrooper belt and articulated knees. So what I am wanting to know is did Hasbro put a figure out like this or is this maybe a production error that somehow made it to the stores?

DarthQuack
08-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Any chance you could snap us a picture and post it so we can take a look?

jlw
08-14-2005, 07:54 PM
I don't own a digital camera, and my scanner won't scan a clear picture of the figure (I've already tried). I mean I can scan some pics of the figure, but you won't be able to see the welds in the chest to verify that it is not a custom figure.

I am an old customizer (http://droidfactorycustoms.tripod.com) so I know this is not a custom figure. However I do know that from time to time Hasbro puts out their own "custom" or "kit-bashed" type figures as a new release. General Leia was a Millenium Mint Coin Endor Leia with Hoth Leia head. The Hoth Leia that came in the box set with the open belly Taun Taun was a Bespin Escape Leia with Hoth Leia head. Not to mention all the different ROTJ Lukes that made (Skiff Luke, Rancor Luke etc.)

Someone tell me how to post a scan of the figure and I'll do it anyway.

eleavitt2000
08-14-2005, 08:22 PM
I knew what figure this was as soon as I read your excellent description.

The Darth Vader carrying case came with a Boba Fett and Stormtrooper, that was a POJ Sandtrooper without pack, pauldron, and detailing.

See picture here: http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCcarrycaseVader.asp

jlw
08-14-2005, 08:35 PM
THANK YOU!! My scans of the figure were aweful. I bought my son that Vader carrying case last year, and thought that might have been where the figure came from but I wasn't sure. Thanks once again.

Ook
08-15-2005, 12:27 AM
He was first released in the Imperial Forces (http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03imperialforces.asp) set at TRU.

jlw
08-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks for all the help. By the way isn't it kinda ironic that we are discussing on SirSteves's forums and you guys linked to images on Rebelscum. I love both sites, I just thought it was kinda ironic. Kinda like posting on Pepsi and linking to Coca-Cola.

DarkArtist
08-16-2005, 08:42 AM
I not sure if the same figure came from the TRU Imperial Forces Set because when I purchased the set from a sealed box on the sales floor the Stormtrooper I got was the original Comm-Tech version with the Blaster scarring effect.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-19-2005, 07:44 PM
I not sure if the same figure came from the TRU Imperial Forces Set because when I purchased the set from a sealed box on the sales floor the Stormtrooper I got was the original Comm-Tech version with the Blaster scarring effect.
The stormtrooper in my Imperial Forces set looks like the one I got with the Darth Vader case.