PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Leia...

Lman316
01-16-2002, 11:50 AM
I just got my deluxe Leia today, and I can say that I'm a little disappointed. The sculpt looks fine, but this figure has no leg articulation and the torso seems to hang over the legs. And the way her legs are formed, she can't stand without leaning against something.
Is this the "norm" with this figure? Or did I somehow get ripped off?

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted before...

JEDIpartner
01-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Erhm... Jeez-oh-pete! No one had mentioned the lack of leg articulation on this one. Strange that! I think I, too will be a little disappointed when I get this one shipped to me. Maybe I WILL go back for the POTF2 version. It's only $1.99 anyhow.

Well... the Deluxe Maul has leg articulation. It's useless, but it's there. The Bacta Luke has no leg articulation if I remember correctly (it's on a shelf at home). No big deal... he's in the tank, so what are you gonna do with him?

the leg issue seems to be a growing concern amongst the collectors, if you haven't noticed. It's not a real surprise to me.

Beast
01-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
I just got my deluxe Leia today, and I can say that I'm a little disappointed. The sculpt looks fine, but this figure has no leg articulation and the torso seems to hang over the legs. And the way her legs are formed, she can't stand without leaning against something. Is this the "norm" with this figure? Or did I somehow get ripped off?

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted before...

You may want to check you Leia figure a little closer, she has leg articulation, but its semi hidden by how the waist is made. The only basic point of articulation that was sacrificed for the figure was at the waist, as they didnt wanna interupt the look of the figure with a seam. I think she looks great, vast improvement over the POTF2 Leia: Slave Girl.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lman316
01-16-2002, 12:09 PM
Hey thanks, JarJarBinks. I guess I couldn't move them before because I just assumed they wouldn't move because the way the torso hangs over like that. And I didn't want to force them for fear of breaking it.
So, yes, the legs do move...... I guess I was close to starting mass hysteria there... Sorry everyone.

JEDIpartner
01-16-2002, 03:21 PM
Are you trying to induce panic??? You should know by now... With STAR WARS figures, you need to look up their dresses to see if the legs work (All Queen figures, Boss Nass, closed robe Jedi...) :p Ooooh... that's nice and pervy.

Rollo Tomassi
01-18-2002, 09:11 AM
Don't feel bad. I thought the legs were glued into the torso like that , too. But just a little POP! and now she can sit in a goofy pose on Vader's Lap or whatever. Oddly enough, when I adjusted her arms to hold the cannon trigger, her **** popped out of her little bikini! I'm not sure I want to put it back in because it might never do it again, so she's going to have to sit there exposed...forever. I also dig, the bony shoulder blade action sticking out of her back. What's up with the cannon falling apart on me? These two little marracas or whatever fell off the back as soon as I opened it. This is definitely a mediocre figure in my book.