PDA

View Full Version : GG Mini Busts

nash
08-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Does anyone have GG mini busts that they'd like to sell? Im particularly looking for Jango Fett, White clone, Han stormie, or the C3 Sandtrooper Corporal. PM me please.

Jayspawn
08-15-2005, 11:30 AM
I've been trying to track down a Jango Fett bust for a few years now. I got lucky with the Chrome Exclusive but none with the standard bust. I'm a good painter so I've thought about getting an extra Chrome bust and painting it. So we'll see. The Clone Pilot Exclusive I've been trying to get also.

nash
08-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi Jay! Yeah i only have the chrome jango also. I wonder why the regular ones are so hard to find, there are hardly any on ebay. Let us know how it turns out if and when you do paint it.

I think i rather buy a C3 Sandtrooper corporal instead of jango since it has arms and different guns.

bobafrett
08-15-2005, 10:49 PM
I was talking to a dealer the other day, and he said the Boba busts were going from $200.00 low end to $600.00 high end. I have one, along with a Jango, but I wouldn't sell them, well maybe for a cool million, but otherwise they look quite nice where they are.

Jaster
08-16-2005, 12:57 AM
I think everybody has that one piece that is their holy grail, mine? the clone captain. I have all other 30 busts out to date, but tht captain still eludes me! the bad part is that it currently goes for about 400$ on ebay and god help me, someday I will drop this cash to finish my collection!:yes:

shammykenobi
08-16-2005, 03:13 PM
$600 for a boba fett!!!! that's crazy...I passed on boba fett right when he came out about two years ago...I could have bought 2 of them for $50 each...but i ended up winning one on e-bay last year for more than I really wanted to pay...but the price has gone up since then, so I guess that i don't mind so bad.

Hellboy
08-16-2005, 06:39 PM
A while back I decided to part with a LARGE portion of my toy collection and reinvest it in statues and mini busts. As a result I've been on somewhat of a spending spree as of late and would highly recommend watching eBay for the best deals.

Just do your research first and find out what the item averages, decide on what you'd be willing to pay for it and be patient because most of these prices fluctuate a great deal. A good example is the Clone Captain which up until recently wasn't in my price range averaging $375 but I waited and eventually picked one up for $265. Still spendy for a mini bust but I really wanted it and with it out of the way I now only need the blue Clone to complete my squad. I also snagged Boba for $192. Both of which I felt were good deals compared to their average selling prices over the past few months.

Happy hunting and good luck. :)

bobafrett
08-16-2005, 07:41 PM
I have thought from time to time about doing just what you said Hellboy, and sell my toys, and instead focus on the GG busts, and the Code III collectibles. It would take up much less space, and would look more "mature". To date I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

Hellboy
08-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Ya know I felt the same as you bobafrett but after doing it and reorganizing my collection I don't regret my decision one bit. :pleased:

I still collect some of the toys but I'm far more selective now. I simply got tired of the clutter and buying things just to have them end up in a drawer, bin or closet somewhere collecting dust. My SW room looks so much better IMO and yeah you could definitely say it has more of an "adult" feel to it now.

Another nice thing about moving to higher end collectibles is that unlike most toys you can sell pieces from your collection if need be and usually make money or at the very least get back what you paid for them. That is of course taking into consideration you made wise purchases in the first place.

nash
08-17-2005, 04:55 AM
Does this mean no one has any for sale? :o

shammykenobi
08-17-2005, 09:10 AM
I've been thinking about selling of some of my collection and putting it into statues and busts too...for some reason that seems more 'legit' for an adult to do than collect action figures...but i love the action figures so i'm kinda torn...anyway, I do have a Jango fett bust that I'm willing to part with...I would prefer to trade it for some other busts, depending on what those would be...but selling it would be o.k. too anyone that wants to contact me about should e-mail me at:

shamusr@uga.edu

Jayspawn
08-17-2005, 11:07 AM
There ya go nash.

I know what ya mean shammykenobi. Gentle Giant and Master Replicas got me out of collecting action figures (though I pick up a few on occasion).

I love my Boba Fett Bust, its unlikely that I'd ever part wih it.

shammykenobi
08-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I don't think I could sell my boba fett bust either...it's pretty much the center piece of my collection...and I just got the Leia in Boushh disguise which is absolutely amazing...everybit as good as boba fett...and the likeness of carrie fisher is so spot on that it should get an award...definetly one of the best yet...but going back to the boba fett thing, I can't believe that a dealer said that they're going for $600 on the high end...that's crazy...I mean I want the original vader bust really badly, but there's no way that I'm gonna pay the going rate for that right now...and I don't think it's gonna come back down either.

bobafrett
08-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Yes, I won't part with any of my GG busts Nash. I like them to much, but if I had an extra around here, I would, but I don't.

Jayspawn
08-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Ahhh, apparently my Han Bust has shipped!

Jaster
08-18-2005, 04:26 PM
A good example is the Clone Captain which up until recently wasn't in my price range averaging $375 but I waited and eventually picked one up for $265.

Happy hunting and good luck. :)

WOW. $265!? how long ago was this?

I was in a bidding war for one last week and I bailed at $400. It sold for a whopping $480!

Hellboy
08-18-2005, 06:17 PM
WOW. $265!? how long ago was this?

I was in a bidding war for one last week and I bailed at $400. It sold for a whopping $480!

Less than a month ago, July 30th to be exact.

I think people were afraid to bid on it because the seller said it had some tissue paper that had adhered to one of the Clone Captain's arms. I've seen this happen with several of GG's mini busts and knew with a little work it could be removed and would look perfect. Obviously this seller wasn't aware of that or didn't feel like making the effort to remove it so I was all to happy to take it off his hands. :pleased:

Jaster
08-18-2005, 06:55 PM
I saw that auction! and the reason I didn't bid on it was like you said, I saw the paper and tissue and flinched. well at least I know it went to a fellow collector! great purchase my freind.

valkyrievewas
08-23-2005, 08:06 PM
I have the #1 out of 2500 Jango Bust I may want to sell. Send me a email at mr2speed@qwest.net never Opened...

valkyrievewas
08-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh also have a Red Captain low number never opened, make offer. :P

Jedi_Mike
09-11-2005, 03:26 PM
If I had the funds to make a reasonable offer on that Red Clone I'd be all over it. Unfortunately MR has taken most of my funds...:(

Jayspawn
09-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey! My Leia Boussh bust shipped out! Cant wait to finally see it!

My Media Play got in the Han Solo bust at $39.99 a pop.

Jayspawn
09-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Today I finally recieved my Leia as Boussh Bust. As those of you who have it know its an amazing piece! I detail is great! And after decoding GGs terrible handwriting it seems that I recieved 3177/5000.

This gets me all the more excited about the Sandtrooper Busts coming up next!

Jayspawn
09-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Ah ha!!! Heres the scoop on the AOTC C-3PO Bust! Its being offered at an Art of Star Wars exhibition being held at the Singapore Science Center, from November 2005 to April 2006! Heres the scoop.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news?m=show&id=31811

Apparently we can still get it from Forbidden Planet for £36.99 (approx. $67) plus postage and packaging.

Hellboy
09-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Apparently there are 2500 of these being made and I've heard they're going to be allocated as follows:

-1500 for the Singapore Exhibit
-500 for UK retailers
-500 for SWShop

At this point this is only rumor but either way some of these should be making their way to the states so I wouldn't order from overseas just yet unless you're really worried about getting this piece locked down now.

Glad you finally received your Boussh mini bust Jayspawn. She is quite nice isn't she. :pleased:

Jayspawn
09-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah she is Hellboy. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get a 3PO off SWS.com.

Hellboy
09-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Looks like Threepio has come and gone Jayspawn. It went up at SWShop about 40 minutes after I made my post and I was completely unaware. :cry:

Hopefully GG will offer a few through their Collector's Club.

TatooineQueenPLJ
09-24-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm completely addicted to these busts. It's terrible! I picked up something like 8 of them w/i a month and a half and am in withdrawls that I'm actually having to wait for pre-orders.

I think my favorite ones so far are:

Boussh Leia - the detailing on her is absolutely amazing. My jaw just dropped when I received in her August. I even love the helmet so much that's how I have her displayed.

X-Wing Luke - Luke again was a great surprise. He's got the most amazing details on his flight jacket. I love the wrinkles. And he's got that "I'm so disappointed in Han" look on his face that I just love :love:Wonderful representation of Mark's face.

Greedo - here was a shocker to me. I ordered Greedo not expecting much and was delighted by the whimsical pose and the deepness of the colors used for the bust. His eyes have that weird chrome-glitteriness to them that make his eyes just pop. He's fantastic.

C-3PO (Gold Plating) - I saw a picture of 3PO from a friend's collection and thought he looked nice. Compared to my other "gold" 3PO products, he just sparkles. The bust is drop dead GORGEOUS, the color, the design, he's by far the best 3PO that I've got in my collection.

I have four other busts, Stormtrooper Han Solo, Han Solo ANH, Governor Tarkin, and Padme Amidala. I love those 4 also.

Bah - I just love all of my GG busts :D

I have Squad Leader Sandtrooper, ESB Yoda, and AOTC C-3PO on pre-order. I'm hoping to score Gamorrean Guard and some of the other AOTC busts in the near future. Oh and I'll pre-order Darth Vader next month.

I'll leave the clones, Fetts, and other troopers for all of you guys to fight over, I don't need them :razz:

Jaster
09-25-2005, 05:21 PM
You're absolutley right Queen they are addicting! I am lucky enough to own every single bust released so far (with the exception of the chrome editions, which I'm not interested in) and I love every single one of them. I have the upcoming Sandtroopers, ESB Yoda, ROTS Vader, Skiff lando on pre-order plus the AOTC 3PO will soon be part of my collection as well. My only regret is that I'm not able to display any of them because I have a 4 year old and an 11 month old running around the house and they just would not be safe. A good freind of mine came home not to long ago and found his Greedo had turned into a pile of rubble, the culprit? kids! so I learned my lesson through him lol
Also room is a big factor as I also collect the Hard hero Transformers busts as well!

Jayspawn
09-26-2005, 11:33 AM
I've got about all of them also with few exceptions. I only bought 1 Clone Trooper bust which is white, I skipped the other colors but would pick em up with reasonable offers. I never got the Exclusive Clone Pilot bust either. I really want that one though. I skipped the Chrome Stormtrooper -the colored one is too awesome to want a chrome one. I passed on Zam also (not a big fan of hers) but I might get her if she was cheap.

Jaster
09-26-2005, 07:40 PM
The exclusives have been the hardest busts to obtain (obviously) causing me headaches, physical and emotional pain and hundreds of dollars but on the flipside the stories of how I got those pieces are the funniest and most entertaining adventures I have had collecting Star Wars.

sith_killer_99
09-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Yes, exclusives are a pain, but the most difficult and expensive mini bust are Boba Fett and the 1st Darth Vader, neither of which were exclusives.

GG, just seriously underestimated the demand for them. They could have tripled production and sold out!:upset:

bobafrett
09-26-2005, 11:55 PM
Yes, exclusives are a pain, but the most difficult and expensive mini bust are Boba Fett and the 1st Darth Vader, neither of which were exclusives.
GG, just seriously underestimated the demand for them. They could have tripled production and sold out!:upset:

I'm glad I got them at regular retail. I haven't got all of the busts, probably not even half, but I love the ones I do have.:love:

Reefer Shark
09-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Yeah, original Vader and Boba Fett.... those are my two most sought-after at the moment (especially Fett). There are a few other really HTF/$$$ busts out there as well: AOTC Yoda and Jango are pretty hard to come by without spending a grip of cash, and that's even if you can find any for sale. Speaking of which...

I sold off some of my various figure collections and got a few busts and statues over the weekend. I got a AOTC Yoda bust (yoda wasn't cheap, but not as bad as ebay prices), and the Anakin bust.

Yoda is awesome! Anakin is pretty cool, but the armless thing does kinda suck.... The only other fully armless bust I have is Dooku, but with him it's not so noticable because of his cape.

These things are so damn addicting, I'm up to 21 and counting!:whip:

Jayspawn
09-27-2005, 10:02 AM
That got me thinking, I dont even know my count Reefer Shark.

Yoda was one of those busts that GG underestimated the demand on. The Boba Fett bust has a high production run but should have been MUCH higher due to his popularity. The Jango Bust has a high run also -hes just popular so people shell out the extra dough for him. I'm hoping GG does a Jango Statue.

bobafrett
09-27-2005, 04:01 PM
I can count from my computer, lets see 1, 2, 3..... 18. I have 18, but three are Stormtroopers.

Reefer Shark
09-28-2005, 05:56 PM
My count has gone up to 21 now, I just got a Boba Fett last night ($$$ouch$$$).

Ok, so now that I'm on a roll, I want the original Vader and possibly Jango (color versions, not chrome). I guess it's time to dig up some more toys to sell for bust-cash! :crazed:

Hellboy
09-28-2005, 06:52 PM
21 seems to be the magic number, its what I'm presently sitting at as well.

Congrats on obtaining Boba Fett Reefer. :thumbsup: Hope you didn't take to big of a hit. :hurt:

Selling toys so you can get more busts and statues eh? Welcome to the club. :grin:

Reefer Shark
09-29-2005, 01:25 AM
21 seems to be the magic number, its what I'm presently sitting at as well.

Congrats on obtaining Boba Fett Reefer. :thumbsup: Hope you didn't take to big of a hit. :hurt:

Selling toys so you can get more busts and statues eh? Welcome to the club. :grin:

Yeah, I have all these awesome toys just rotting away in storage, so why not turn them into busts and statues, right? Fett was about a $200 hit - OUCH!

Oh, and I was spacing out earlier.... my count is actually 22 now. I guess I was so excited about finally getting Boba Fett, I lost track!

Hellboy
10-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Someone over at RS posted this but it seems legit. Apparently GG has this on schedule for a 2006 release. Looks very nice if you ask me. :thumbsup:

Turbowars
10-11-2005, 08:38 PM
I just saw that at RS as well. It looks very cool! EE doesn't have it yet as a pre-order, but I'm sure they will soon.

theropod
10-11-2005, 08:42 PM
For those of you who have sold off toys and other collectibles to refocus on display pieces (statues, busts, replicas); what have you found to be the best venue to do so?

That's the direction I've been leaning towards for a quite a while but haven't taken action yet.

My vintage and modern toys are out of control and very tempting for my toddler son to climb the walls to get at. Though, some of the most fun toys will be his soon once he is old enough to play with them.
-theropod

Turbowars
10-11-2005, 08:47 PM
EE is very easy to deal with and I live pretty close to them, so no shipping costs.

Reefer Shark
10-11-2005, 10:43 PM
For those of you who have sold off toys and other collectibles to refocus on display pieces (statues, busts, replicas); what have you found to be the best venue to do so?

That's the direction I've been leaning towards for a quite a while but haven't taken action yet.

My vintage and modern toys are out of control and very tempting for my toddler son to climb the walls to get at. Though, some of the most fun toys will be his soon once he is old enough to play with them.
-theropod

Unless you know a bunch of collectors that would want your stuff, ebay would probably be your best option.

You could offer stuff up on message boards like this one, or if you have collector shops in your area, you could look into putting stuff up on consignment.

These options might work out well for you, but ebay is better IMO because of the huge amount of exposure your items will get.

Hope this helps!

---

Now on that Sidious bust - that thing looks awesome!! Looks like another must-have from GG to me!

Jayspawn
10-21-2005, 01:18 AM
SWS.com has the Yoda bust in stock now for $45.

I got an email saying that my Sandtroopers, Vader and Yoda should be shipping this next week.

Reefer Shark
10-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Oh man, I must stop.....

I Got Zam Wessell last week at a comic store (for retail price).

Today, my Jango Fett and Mace Windu showed up. Awesome, awsome busts! The paint on Jango is really amazing!

One thing though, my Jango's visor is a little tweaked. I want to bend it back into shape, but I'm afraid of breaking it... Has anyone else had/and fixed this problem? If so, how? :confused:

So now, all I need is the clone variants, original Vader, Padme, and Obi-Wan and I'll have them all!!!!

I think I need to go to "bust-a-holics" or something....

Man, and I can remember not that long ago, telling Turbowars that I wouldn't collect the busts because they were too expensive.... Look at me now! :crazed:

Jayspawn
10-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Reefer Shark, the visor is part of the head sculpt. Are you meaning the range finder?

All those Clone Variants and 1st release Vader are gonna run you a few bucks.

Reefer Shark
10-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Reefer Shark, the visor is part of the head sculpt. Are you meaning the range finder?

Yep,
That's what I meant. It's tweaked in, towards the helmet. I could probably just barely bend it out, but I am fearful since I paid a *lot* of cash for it. :dead:

All those Clone Variants and 1st release Vader are gonna run you a few bucks.

You're right about that. The green and yellow clones shouldn't be too bad (probably around $100 each), but the blue, red, and original Vader.... ouch! Those will run around $300 (possibly more for the clones). That's the main reason those guys aren't already in my collection.

Hell, I don't know if I'll ever actually be able to get them, but one can dream, right?:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
10-21-2005, 09:48 PM
I'd leafe the range finder where it is. It would be a big pain to reattach it.

I only have the white Clone, I wouldnt mind getting another or the rest. When GG gets around to making the ROTS Clones, I'll get ALL of them though. Who knows, 2006 could be a Clone year!

Reefer Shark
10-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Well, I tried to just leave it, I really did... But it was so irritating, I just had to give it a shot.

I bent it back out extremely gently, and slow - and it worked! I did feel it start to really weaken at the end, but it displays a million times better now.

Jayspawn
10-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Something charged to my credit card. So some Mini Bust is on the way!

Jayspawn
10-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Rebelscum has posted some detailed pictures of the NEW Darth Vader Mini Bust....:crazed:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/ROTS_Darth_Vader_MiniBust_Gallery_95484.asp

bobafrett
10-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Rebelscum has posted some detailed pictures of the NEW Darth Vader Mini Bust....:crazed:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/ROTS_Darth_Vader_MiniBust_Gallery_95484.asp

I have this one on it's way here from EE. :D

Reefer Shark
10-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Wow, those pictures really show how awesome this bust is. Hopefully I'll be picking mine up today at my local comic shop.

You guys see that comparison shot with the original Vader bust? The new Vader seems much bigger to me.

Jayspawn
10-28-2005, 10:28 AM
I wish my local comic shops would carry these. I'm especially excited about the new Vader Bust (since I missed the 1st one).

sith_killer_99
10-28-2005, 12:26 PM
You guys see that comparison shot with the original Vader bust? The new Vader seems much bigger to me.

The new Vader has the belt included in the bust the old Vader does not. That accounts for much of the height difference. I also noticed that the cape on the new Vader flows out away from the bust.:D

Hellboy
10-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Just picked up all four of the new mini busts myself at my local comic shop and they're all very impressive. Vader's saber seems a bit long but it really doesn't bother me. I no longer feel compelled to get the original.

Reefer, in the future when you have a part of your mini bust that is bent there is a safe and fairly easy way to fix it. Grab a hair dryer and heat the part of the bust up that you need to bend back into shape. Doing this helps soften up the resin and keeps it from cracking or leaving stress lines when you apply pressure on it. I've had to use this method before myself and it worked like a charm. :)

2-1B
10-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Vader is a lock for me, for sure, it's incredible !

Turbowars
10-29-2005, 09:51 PM
I pickep up the white Sandtrooper today from the same place Reffer got his bust. Got to love the "Look Sir, Droids." Damn the box is big. They didn't have the Orange trooper, so I might have to got to EE or maybe sun coast will have them. I just need Vader and Yoda and I'm all set for now.

It's too bad that GG didn't use a random weathering on these guys. I mean my Black trooper is a bit different, but too much alike.

Jayspawn
11-03-2005, 09:46 AM
I finally recieved one of my Sandtrooper Busts in the mail. Got the white pad version. One of my local comic shops actually got the orange pad version for $50. I may swing by there and pick it up. That aside, its a great bust! The detail is great on mine! I got him holding his blaster to the side. I'm gonna have the other Sandtrooper holding that big 'ol cannon that he comes with!

"Move along. Move along."

bobafrett
11-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Got my ROTS Vader bust today in the mail from EE. I have to say it is larger than the other busts, and I like the eyes. If I get some time this weekend, I will snap some side by side pictures of my two Vader busts.

Jayspawn
11-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I got an email saying my Vader and Yoda Busts are going out tomorrow!!! :crazed:

bobafrett
11-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I stopped at a shop near my house to make a payment on the $200 Vader GG sculpture I have had on lay-away there. They had a Yoda bust as well as two sandtroopers. Boy was my head spinning, I had to leave the store to get some air as I could see my money being put down on those items next.

2-1B
11-09-2005, 11:20 PM
I picked up the new Vader last night and I love it ! ! !

Still passed on the Han though, I think that one will sit there awhile and I'll scoop him up on clearance.

But Vader though, I had to get him right away ! :)

Jayspawn
11-09-2005, 11:25 PM
I'm still waiting for mine!

2-1B
11-09-2005, 11:30 PM
You'll love him, Jay. I've got him chilling with Bossk and IG-88 atop my TV right now. :D

bobafrett
11-10-2005, 10:47 PM
I moved the first GG Vader bust into the glass cabinet with the Tarkin, and three Stormtroopers sharing the shelf. The new GG EPIII Vader is now on top of the cable box with the Jango and Boba busts.

Reefer Shark
11-14-2005, 11:25 PM
I just got back from San Francisco (honeymooning :love: ) We ended up at a store called "Things From Another World", where we found a ton of older AOTC busts. My wonderful wife bought me Padme and Obi-Wan there for $45 each. I'm very stoked!! Now it's just a few color clones, original Vader, and new Vader to complete my collection!

They actually had the new Vader there, and she offered to buy me that one too, but I'm holding out for my local comic shop to get 'em in. Gotta stay loyal to those guys with the new stuff so they'll keep hooking me up :thumbsup: . I have to say though, that new Vader bust is so freaking awesome! I think it may top Boba Fett as my favorite bust - it's that damn cool, really!! It's miles ahead of the original Vader IMO.

Jayspawn
11-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Shes definatly a keeper Reefer Shark!

Reefer Shark
11-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Shes definatly a keeper Reefer Shark!

Thanks Jay! She really is awesome! :D I couldn't ask for more :love:

Turbowars
11-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks Jay! She really is awesome! :D I couldn't ask for more :love:LOL, you say that now:yes: , but just wait.:twisted:

Just messing with you;) Any girl that is willing to support the habit is a keeper.:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
11-15-2005, 07:20 PM
LOL, you say that now:yes: , but just wait.:twisted:

Just messing with you;) Any girl that is willing to support the habit is a keeper.:thumbsup:

True, true.

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 03:06 PM
UPS just dropped off my last Sandtrooper (orange pad) minibust! This completes the Sandtrooper Boys trio for me!

I'm supposed to recieve Vader and Yoda from UPS today also. I'll have to check on that.

jedi master sal
11-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Whoo-hoo, I just received mine today.

There's only 2500 of this bad-boy as opposed to the 8000 run of him in golden form. They held 1500 of them to sell at the exhibit in Japan, so I didn't think I would get a number lower than that, but I did... MUCH lower!

I got number 63! Wow! That's a low freakin' number. I konw these numbers don't really mean all that much. Maybe 94, 327, 1977, 1980, 1983 and the other movie years would be cool to own. But I don't usually care about the number. In this case though, since it WAS so hard to get and being that they kept 3/5 of them in Japan, I'm ecstatic that I somehow got such a low number.

BTW, the bust itself is very nice. It appears to be the exact smae bust as the golden one, just the AOTC paint app. Strange thing is the arms are almost black. I check with a couple other websites and this seems to be the case, so I'm cool with it.

Anyway...who else got there's in yet? What number? Are you satisfied with the sculpt/paint app/number?

Also, picked up Leia as Boussh bust last night. Very nice sculpt! I'm going to display mine with the Leia head on it and the Helmet jsut to the side. (I'm going to make a special base for the helmet)
-Sal

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 06:12 PM
I'll tell you what I'm NOT satisfied with....Gentle Giant screwing over their customers on this one. Thats what!

Anyways, I thought I'd share a pic of the Sandtrooper Boys....

jedi master sal
11-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Niiccee. I only fot the CIII exclusive. Though I still want those other two. (Got a link?)

Hellboy
11-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Very nice Jayspawn, I like how you have them set up. My Corporal and Squad Leader are posed the same as yours but I have my Seargent holding the droid part. :)

I :love: GG's mini-busts.

TatooineQueenPLJ
11-16-2005, 11:53 PM
I got my AOTC C-3PO bust last week and got #233, I think. The low numbers must've all come to SWShop.com :)

I love the 3PO, mostly because he really stands out against the army of golden 3PO's that he stands in front of :D

Great last 1/2 of year for Mini-busts, I haven't been disappointed w/ any of them - Han, Boussh Leia, Yoda, Vader (who ROCKS), Squad leader Sandtrooper and AOTC 3PO. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about buying anymore of them until next year :D

Jayspawn
11-17-2005, 08:31 PM
UPS made a late delivery to my home tonight droppping off the Darth Vader and Yoda Minibusts! WOOHOOO!!!

These are easily on my favorites list. I like how small the Yoda bust is. The detail on Vader is amazing! Well worth the wait!

Hellboy
12-03-2005, 05:18 PM
The ROTS Emperor mini-bust edition size has been set at 4500 pieces. Can't wait for this one.

Also Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise has been set at 4000 pieces.

Hellboy
01-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Looks like Qui-Gon Jinn has become a reality. Finally we have our fist but hopefully not our last Phantom Menace mini-bust. I think GG nailed the likeness here, can't wait for this piece. :thumbsup:

bobafrett
01-31-2006, 11:45 PM
Man that is sweet. I didn't really care for Qui-Gon, but that piece looks dead on!

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Thanks for posting the awesome pic Hellboy!

Oh yeah! I'm getting this one for sure! I hope this is the start of some Phantom Menace characters that need Minibusts ie: Darth Maul, C-3PO, Anakin, JarJar, Obi-Wan.

Reefer Shark
02-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Another awesome bust by GG! I think it looks great and will be picking one up for sure.

Like Jay said, hopefully this'll lead the way to a Maul bust. :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Jesus Christ, he looks like....well, Jesus Christ!

Awesome bust!!!

It's about time Qui-gon gets some respect. Thats a fantastic bust. Hopefully they will make him in decent numbers. Maybe a 5000 run?

Only thing I don't like is that the eyes aren't quite spread apart far enough, otherwise it's dead-on.

The pose is a little weak. It's him either trying to mind trick Watto or when he used the force to manipulate the chance cube.

I'd had rather had his famous "at the ready" lightsaber pose when facing Darth Maul.

Still this is freakin' fantastic!

-Sal

BlueSnags
02-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Found a Yellow Clone Commander Mini-Bust (AOTC) at a comic book store this afternoon for $100...couldn't resist and bought it. Don't know if I was ripped off or not - wasn't collecting the busts when it came out so I'm not sure how hard it was to find. Was that a decent deal? Any thoughts?

Turbowars
02-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Yeah that seems a but high Snags. I think I got mine at the SDCC for 65, but these things seem to only go up in value, so you might have paid a fare price.

Jayspawn
02-06-2006, 12:16 AM
yeah the AOTC Clones dont ever seem to go down. Even the more common White Clones are fetching steeper prices.

Reefer Shark
02-06-2006, 02:06 AM
Hey Snags, I paid the same amount for my yellow, so I feel your pain. The yellow and white clones have been hoverving around $100 for quite some time now on the aftermarket. I know this because I waited for a while hoping to find 'em cheaper.

I got sick of waiting and folded. Paid $100 each for my yellow and white. I got the white almost a year ago, and the yellow in November 05. I paid $69 for the green clone, and don't have the blue and red.... wish I could, but those guys are waaaaay too expensive. :dead:

Hellboy
02-06-2006, 02:28 AM
$100 is a good deal. They average about $125 on eBay which is about what I ended up paying for mine.

gsr-jedi
02-12-2006, 12:08 PM
RS has pictures from the GG booth - Maul, Grievious, Chewie, and Mara Jade busts; Red Royal Guard statue and a Rancor w/ Malakili statue!
Check it out here (http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-GGSminibusts/default.asp)

Sith Lord 0498
02-12-2006, 12:14 PM
While I was hoping for an unhooded version, that Darth Maul bust is amazing. They picked the second most iconic pose IMO for me (the best would've been him standing with lightsaber extended right before activating the second blade). The eyes are so creepy.

General Grievous is even more impressive. Four arms...different poses...hiding two ignited lightsabers behind his back...visible gutsack sculpted inside...INCREDIBLE!!!

Even Qui-Gon looks better than the preview pic that's been floating around. They truly nailed Liam Neeson's likeness. The eyes look right this time around. I was trying to stick with only gathering the four Sith Lords in the mini bust line, but after seeing Grievous and Qui-Gon...I don't know... :)

Turbowars
02-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Cool stuff, but like has been said I really wanted Maul with lit sabers, but what ever this one looks really nice and so does all the others.

I'm probably passing on Jade, because well I don't know anything about her.
If for some reason I read the books and fall in love with her I'll get her. She looks good, is that a good representation of her?

Reefer Shark
02-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Cool stuff, but like has been said I really wanted Maul with lit sabers, but what ever this one looks really nice and so does all the others.

I'm probably passing on Jade, because well I don't know anything about her.
If for some reason I read the books and fall in love with her I'll get her. She looks good, is that a good representation of her?

Yeah, that's a great representation of her. The best I've seen actually. She's a pretty cool character in the EU universe (once an assasin for the Emperor, now turned to the light side and married to Luke). Not the most interesting, but she's still cool none the less. I'll be picking this one up for sure.

These are all just freaking awesome! Maul and Chewy are perfect IMO, exactly what I was hoping for. I'm glad I held off on the Chewy statue now, this bust looks much cooler to me, and will go well with the Han bust.

For Maul, Lit sabers would be cool, but I'm happy they did him like this since I really wanted a "hood up" version (plus, I'll have a "lit saber" version of Maul when the statue shows up).

I wonder what the deal is with the clear blue Qui-Gon? A convention exclusive mabye? I'll only pick one of those up if it's convenient, and at retail price. The regular version looks a million times better IMO.

Kinda crazy how GG keeps us in the dark for so long on this stuff, then BOOM! We get all these busts revealed at once. They know how to keep a lid on things, that's for sure.

jedi master sal
02-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah, that's a great representation of her. The best I've seen actually. She's a pretty cool character in the EU universe (once an assasin for the Emperor, now turned to the light side and married to Luke). Not the most interesting, but she's still cool none the less. I'll be picking this one up for sure.

These are all just freaking awesome! Maul and Chewy are perfect IMO, exactly what I was hoping for. I'm glad I held off on the Chewy statue now, this bust looks much cooler to me, and will go well with the Han bust.

For Maul, Lit sabers would be cool, but I'm happy they did him like this since I really wanted a "hood up" version (plus, I'll have a "lit saber" version of Maul when the statue shows up).

I wonder what the deal is with the clear blue Qui-Gon? A convention exclusive mabye? I'll only pick one of those up if it's convenient, and at retail price. The regular version looks a million times better IMO.

Kinda crazy how GG keeps us in the dark for so long on this stuff, then BOOM! We get all these busts revealed at once. They know how to keep a lid on things, that's for sure.

I agree with you on most of your points, Reefer Shark. The Chewie looks outstanding. I too would rather have had a hood down version of Maul, but I suspect they will make one of that version eventually too. Qui-gon is amazing.

The only one I'll take a pass on is Mara-Jade. Sorry, just not interested in this EU character. Sure it looks like Shannon McCrandle, but the character wasn't in the movies and this looks kinda cheesy. Before you all think I'm a Jade-hater, I'm not. I got the action figure. I just can't justify paying that kind of loot for a non-movie character. I may for some others, but not Mara.