PDA

View Full Version : Storage Dilemna: Help PLEASE!!!!!

wedge1968
08-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Ok, in order to save my marriage, I am taking the stuff off the walls and out of the closet (and off the floors, etc) and putting it into storage. I've already begun filling the waterproof tubs with vehicles and whatnot, but I need to figure out what to do with the figures. Please advise.

In a month or so, I should be able to buy Star Cases for the figures on the wall. However, I do have a good collection of the boxes that the figures were originally shipped in (the ones that Toys R Us and company get; they hold about 12-16 per case), and all of the more recent figures are in those. Should I stick with the boxes, or should I buy Star Cases for those as well? One problem is storage space; the Star Cases will undoubtedly take up more room, and I don't really have it to spare. The boxes that they were shipped in seem like a good way to go, but I really want these to stay nice.

Also, if I go with the boxes, should I also put them in a rubbermaid? Again, they aren't square, so I am losing space by putting square boxes in a rounded off tub.

Thanks for your help.

InsaneJediGirl
08-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Your figures should be fine if they are handled gently and maybe you can wrap them in bubble wrap?It would take up less room than a Star Case,but not as much protection.

I personally would put everything in rubbermaid containers.Never know when water damage could occur,or some creature wanders in to make your box its home.There are square clear crates like Rubbermaid,those might work better.Better hope your storage is A/C'ed too.

Just a side note,I think you're crazy for having to put it all away :crazed: ;)

DarthQuack
08-15-2005, 08:52 PM
I love using the big plasitc tubs, 50 gallon, etc. If you have any other place to store them thats great, but I love using Star Cases as well.

bobafrett
08-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Just say "Honey, sorry, but you gotta go." This will save you from having your house/apartment looking dull and standard. I am a 40 year old bacholer, and I will not have someone else tell me where to put my collection.

P.S. listening to me is not sound legal advice.

Slicker
08-16-2005, 02:14 AM
Just say "Honey, sorry, but you gotta go." This will save you from having your house/apartment looking dull and standard. I am a 40 year old bacholer, and I will not have someone else tell me where to put my collection.

P.S. listening to me is not sound legal advice.I'm in agreeance with Frett. Give her the boot and find yerself a Star Wars chick.

P.S. same disclaimer as Frett.

decadentdave
08-16-2005, 04:32 AM

AMEN!!!! I'm a 33 year old bachelor and if it comes down to getting some nookie or having my awesome Star Wars collection... well... she'll lose everytime! If she's giving you the Ultimatum then you need to give her the Heisman! If only there was an understanding Star Wars chick for every man, the world would be a better place. :love:

Kidhuman
08-16-2005, 07:52 AM
Dont use the original boxes. Stick them in rubbermaid totes. If the original boxes get wet or damaged or crushed, suffer the same fate your figures will.

bobafrett
08-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Yes, listen to kidhuman you must or your rebel alliance will be crushed, and for that matter so will your Empire.

rgvsithlord
08-16-2005, 11:58 AM
I've purchased a number of Sterlite (Sterilite?) 56qt storage containers from Target recently to store my Star Wars stuff. Every once in a while they go on sale for $4.99. They are rectangular, stackable, and the lid snaps on. Just put a few of those little packets that come with new shoes in to absorb moisture, and that should work. I've got about 6-8 already filled with ships, playsets, micros, Action Fleet, Delux, and Exclusives. Hope this helps!

CaptainSolo1138
08-16-2005, 01:16 PM
I've purchased a number of Sterlite (Sterilite?) 56qt storage containers from Target recently to store my Star Wars stuff. Every once in a while they go on sale for $4.99. They are rectangular, stackable, and the lid snaps on. Just put a few of those little packets that come with new shoes in to absorb moisture, and that should work. I've got about 6-8 already filled with ships, playsets, micros, Action Fleet, Delux, and Exclusives. Hope this helps!
That's been pretty much the concensus. But the silicate packs are a good idea that I've never heard before. I guess I'll have to stop eating them when I get new shoes.

BTW, welcome to (posting on) the boards :thumbsup:

Turbowars
08-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Dude,just remember that it's your marriage too not just her's. If my wife told me I had to pack my stuff up there would be a problem. Now if you have your stuff spread all though out the house and in the kitchen Like Tycho, then yes she has a valid argument.

As for storage, I have all my extras in Star Cases in large boxes lifted off the floor in my garage. Works fine, but I don't have storage limitations.

megaprime33
08-17-2005, 10:19 AM
All of my collections, yes thats plural, are all in storage at my parents house. I have no storage in my apartment. Anyways its all in rubbermaid bins like all have suggested. I would choose to not go with the star cases and pack all in paper IN plastic bags, like you get at the market, and put those in a rubbermaid bin. That's what I do with my sealed figs.

2-1B
08-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Marriages come and go but Star Wars is forever ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Turbowars
08-17-2005, 06:39 PM
So far that is true in my life.:thumbsup: