PDA

View Full Version : Exchange program

Darth Michael
08-15-2005, 11:49 PM
(Forgive me if this has been previously suggested.)

Would you folks be interested in establishing an exchange program? There are some (big) holes in my Titanium/Micro collection. But, of the few that I did manage to find, there are plenty of duplicates of most of them in local stores. I don't need them, but maybe somebody else here does. And maybe somebody else has, or can easily buy, pieces I need. I would really like to fill out my collection.
I really don't want to get scalped on eBay.
I'm willing to help others in the hope that it will help me. Karma and all that.
I'm NOT looking to make any profit from this. Again, karma.

Perhaps if we each posted lists along these lines: Pieces I am trying to acquire
Surplus pieces I am willing to trade (or sell at friendly prices)
Surplus pieces seen in local stores that I will secure upon request

If this is a bad (or old and dead) idea, then I apologize. And if this is a good idea, then let me start!

Pieces I am trying to acquire:

Unfortunately, I lost the faith after the MM line died. I simply stopped looking. I didn't even notice the new Titanium and Micro lines until only recently. I'm way behind, and I probably have almost no chance of catching up. I don't even know what I have missed! But, it never hurts to try! (I actually started collecting MM late, but I did manage to complete my collection to my own satisfaction.)

It is actually easier to list what few items I have and simply say I'm trying to get everything else. (Like I said: late start, big holes. Dammit.)

Pieces I already have (trying to get everything else):

Titanium:
Y-Wing
Five Pack (Anakin Starfighter, Gunship, Tri-Fighter, Obi-Wan Starfighter, and "raw" AT-RT)
Micro:
AT-RT + Barc Speeder
Tie-Fighter + A-Wing
(Anakin) Jedi Starfighter + Droid Tri-Fighter
Sandcrawler + Landspeeder
(Obi-Wan) Jedi Starfighter + ARC-170 Fighter

Surplus pieces I am willing to trade:

Titanium and Micro: No current surplus.

MM: I'll have to check my MM stock. I may have a few extras in there if anybody is interested. (MM is all in storage at the moment.)

Surplus pieces seen in local stores that I will secure upon request:

Titanium: Five Pack (Anakin Starfighter, Gunship, Tri-Fighter, Obi-Wan Starfighter, and "raw" AT-RT) - I've seen several of these in the last two days.

Micro: Pretty much all of the current wave. Local Target just restocked.

And, lest my "territory" overlaps somebody else, I'm in Austin TX.

SWAFMAN
08-16-2005, 11:00 AM
DM - your proposal is excellent. You demonstrate the spirit that has made the SSG MM/AF forum such a great group of collectors. I hope to be able to help you in completing your collection. If I see anything you want, I'll be sure to let you know.

Kidhuman
08-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I can get you most of wave 2 of the titaniums.

Darth Michael
08-16-2005, 08:58 PM
kidhuman: Thank you! I'd be happy to pay for purchase, shipping, and any reasonable handling for your troubles. Please snag whatever pieces you can!

Outstanding!

Kidhuman
08-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Darth Micheal, I will let you know what I got you on Thursday. I only ask cost + shipping. I go to WM anyway, glad to help out and move the inventory so I can get more. You are helping me actually. :D :beard:

Darth Michael
08-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Update: I found the Titanium Jedi Starfighter (yellow) today. It is not identified as Anakin's anywhere on the "box" as far as I've noticed.

[Without taking them out of their respective containers, it appears that the "Anakin's Jedi Starfighter" (AJS) (from the 5 pack) is very similar to the "Jedi Starfighter" (JS). The JS cockpit canopy is tranparent whereas the AJS's appears to be painted black. And the JS laser cannons are painted black whereas the AJS's are painted a shade of brown.]

Is it possible to get permission to edit my own previous posts? I'd prefer to just edit my inventory in my original post.

Also, could somebody post (or PM me) the link to the lists of Titanium and Micro pieces? I've seen the list in the past, but I haven't been able to find my way back.

Kidhuman
08-23-2005, 12:12 AM
You have 24 hours to edit. One way to do so is to QUote your post in another and cross of or omit what you need to from the quote. Hope that makes sense.

rocketo dan
08-23-2005, 04:03 PM
i know what you mean i only start my collection of the titanium
and only got 2 ships so far the jedi starfighter and the snowspeeder

your idea is great too bad for me that i live in mexicali (mexico)
and wont be able to trade with you guys

one question for you guys
does anyone here speaks spanish?

vulcantouch
09-14-2005, 11:38 PM
. . .i spose i could just link y'all to my updated trade thred (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29708); while i do mention a few mm-oriented items on it, one want i did forget to list there is an af boba fig :stupid:

dm: thanx for reporting ts anajsf diffs, i might not've noticed if you hadn't ;)

rd: yo hablo un poquito, not really; but even if you have nada to trade, yankee gringos here are often happy to help acquire current releases for fellow foruMMers, so list your wants & try your luck :) as for pre-'04 stuff, i likely can help with whatever it is (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=26170&page=2&pp=38)-
vt

Darth Michael
10-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Update: TITANIUM

Pieces I am trying to acquire:

Wave 1
Millennium Falcon
Slave I
TIE Fighter
X-Wing

Wave 2
AT-RT
Droid Tri-Fighter (not the 5 pack version)

Collector's Packs
Slave I, blue ARC-170, X-Wing, green Swamp Speeder, raw TIE Bomber

Unknown waves (Composed from Britcit3's web page (http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/titanium.htm) and the SSG Photo Gallery (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4149).)
Droid Fighter
Executor
Gian Speeder
Republic Cruiser
Sandcrawler
Sith Infiltrator
Trade Federation Battleship
Tyderium Shuttle
Vader's TIE Fighter

Recent acquisitions:

Via kidhuman (arrival pending)
A-Wing
Imperial Star Destroyer
Republic Gunship (red trim)
Snow Speeder

Via Wal-Mart.com (arrival pending)
Ultra X-Wing
Ultra Republic Gunship

Via local Wal-Mart store
ARC-170
Landspeeder
Naboo Fighter
Swamp Speeder
TIE Bomber (a personal favorite)

Surplus pieces in local stores that I can secure upon request:
ARC-170
Landspeeder
Naboo Fighter
Swamp Speeder
TIE Bomber

My local Wal-Mart has several units from Wave 3 available. Interestingly, they aren't shelved with the other Star Wars merchandise. This may keep them on the shelf a little longer.

Thanks to JediGoofy for the PM listing the Titanium waves. I've updated this post accordingly.

Special thanks to kidhuman for securing 4 pieces for me. (I haven't received them yet, but I rest easy knowing that I no longer have to hunt for those particular pieces.)

NOTE: At this moment (10am CST, Friday 10/7) the two Ultra Titaniums are "in stock" on Wal-Mart.com (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/search-ng.gsp?search_constraint=0&search_query=star+wars+die-cast&Continue.x=17&Continue.y=15&Continue=Find&ics=20&ico=0).