PDA

View Full Version : Halloween costumes

vader68
08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
I know it is early, but I am trying to find Star Wars costumes for my kids.I have found some for my oldest, but I can't find any for my twins in their size, which is 18 months. Does anyone know of a good web site or catalog for Star Wars costumes? Thanx for your help.

Captain Spoon
08-16-2005, 11:18 AM
I looked last year for my daughter when she was 2 and could not find anything starwars for kids under size 4T. I know it sounds rough and I don't mean to offend but StarWars.com has the costumes for dogs. I bought one for my Dog and there is a chance that you could make some modifications that might help you fit it to the size you need. Just a thought :laugh:

scruffziller
08-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Ebay would probably be your best bet. Or just search google relentlessly.

DarthQuack
08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Since this is a Halloween thread, I plan on being Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite :lipsrseal

Captain Spoon
08-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Pedro with wig or without wig?

bobafrett
08-16-2005, 12:05 PM
I know it is early, but I am trying to find Star Wars costumes for my kids.I have found some for my oldest, but I can't find any for my twins in their size, which is 18 months. Does anyone know of a good web site or catalog for Star Wars costumes? Thanx for your help.

At Wal-Mart we just started getting in our costumes, and among some of the boxes to arrive, I saw a Rubies Vader costume. I didn't get to look at the overall quality of the costume as it was still boxed up, but I would imagine if you looked at Wal-Marts website, you might find something there.

I'll be a Stormtrooper or a Tusken Raider.

kool-aid killer
08-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Vader68, at my place of employment (The Oriental Trading Company) i have seen several Star Wars Halloween costumes and accessories. Heres the link to the second page that pops up once Star Wars is punched into the "search" bar:OTC (http://www.orientaltrading.com/otcweb/application?No=12&D=star+wars&event=button.search&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&namespace=search&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntt=star+wars&N=0&origin=searchMain.jsp&Ntk=all)

Ive seen a children and adult Vader costumes, gloves, lightsaber, and voice boxes. They also carry a child and adult Jedi Robe, Obis lightsaber, and i even seen a little Vader costume for toddlers/babies (ones that cant walk yet) while working. I dont see those on the website but im sure if you call they can explain what all theyve got.

EDIT: Try "Darth Vader" in the search bar for the gloves and voicebox and the little toddler costume. "Halloween costumes" bring up what all theyve got: from Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Power Rangers, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and all kinds of other stuff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Since this is a Halloween thread, I plan on being Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite :lipsrseal
And I may or may not be Napoleon himself. Lots of people say I kind of look like him (slam or compliment? you decide) and I can do a pretty good impression of him too. I was going to be him last year but I was nastily sick so that didn't work out. And as I already have the shirt all I need is a fro wig, glasses, and maybe dancin' boots.

kool-aid killer
09-09-2005, 02:07 PM
For those of you with kids, check your local Targets because just today i seen a couple of cool kiddie costumes. They had a Darth Vader, Anakin, and 501st Clone costume. I may buy my younger brother a Clone one for next year (hes already got an idea of what he wants to be this year) because i think he would like it. Plus, its hard to say whether we will be seeing anymore Star Wars costumes in the near future, so it may be a good idea to get some while its possible.

Slicker
09-09-2005, 02:22 PM
And I may or may not be Napoleon himself. Lots of people say I kind of look like him (slam or compliment? you decide) and I can do a pretty good impression of him too.Going off your profile pic I'd have to agree (and heck yes it's a compliment). I'd love to be Napoleon only because I'm overly tall, skinny as heck, and because I have wicked bo staff skills.:bandit:

Captain Spoon
09-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Star Wars shop had costumes in the sizes you are looking for. They have Vader, Chewie, Yoda, and Leia

Ji'dai
09-09-2005, 07:56 PM
I noticed Star Wars baby outfits (T's and bodysuits) at Hot Topic the other day.

I saw a pretty cool looking blue Clone Trooper costume at Wal-Mart the other day, but it was for pre-teens.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Going off your profile pic I'd have to agree (and heck yes it's a compliment). I'd love to be Napoleon only because I'm overly tall, skinny as heck, and because I have wicked bo staff skills.:bandit:
That pic is waaaay old, man! I think it is from 2002 or so (when I was 12), and I've grown a lot since then. I still look like that, but older, you know? I'm 6'5" and 175 lbs, so fairly skinny but not disgustingly so.

My skills are more in the nunchuck department. ;) :D

Slicker
09-10-2005, 01:54 AM
I noticed Star Wars baby outfits (T's and bodysuits) at Hot Topic the other day.I bought the Vader one for my roommates baby. It's pimp as hell too. I'll post pics when i get off my lazy arse.

bobafrett
09-10-2005, 11:59 PM
I think I'm going as a slice of pizza!

LTBasker
09-11-2005, 01:52 PM
I bought the Vader one for my roommates baby. It's pimp as hell too. I'll post pics when i get off my lazy arse.

I saw a kid's Darth Vader costume at Wal-Mart, it had a sculpted rubber; chestplate, control panel and belt control boxes. They were very nicely detailed and painted as well, no paint slop or anything. Kids are spoiled these days. :beard:

kool-aid killer
09-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Ive seen a couple of Vader costumes. Some have plastic parts and others have a light up control box. Its too bad there wasnt any of this stuff when i was growing up.:cry:

bobafrett
09-11-2005, 05:45 PM
I saw a kid's Darth Vader costume at Wal-Mart, it had a sculpted rubber; chestplate, control panel and belt control boxes. They were very nicely detailed and painted as well, no paint slop or anything. Kids are spoiled these days. :beard:

Back in my Kindergarten or first grade years, my mom sewed a rabbit suit for both my brother and I. I was a white rabbit, and my brother was a grey rabbit. They were very cool, and I will always remember that costume, because my mom made them for us, and I'll also remember when I could no longer fit in the white rabbit costume, and my younger brother could. I was so :cry: :( because I loved that costume. Now days you can go out and buy a kid a costume, thank God, because I can't sew buttons on my underwear, let alone sew a whole costume, not that my son will be dressing up this year. :twisted: