PDA

View Full Version : Red & Green troopers release

hjwii
08-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Riddle me this...

When are the red and green clone troopers suppose to hit the shelves. I am a mere peon, therefore I must wait for these toys to actually hit the shelves before I can get them in my grubby lil hands (or, spend $10 more for them on ebay... which I might do if I can never find them... but, I enjoy the hunt...)...

And, I dont suppose there's a lil network thing happening here on these forums for buying/selling new figures at a reasonable cost (ie, someone finds a whole case of spiffy blue troopers, and is willing to sell them to forum members for $5.50), is there? Or, am I just being naive?

Anyways, thanks for your assistance...
hjwii

CrunchyNug
08-16-2005, 12:45 PM
When you say Red and Green, are you talking about the #6 Red Shocktrooper and the #33 Green Clone Commander? If so, out West, those hit about 4 weeks ago at Walmarts and some KB's. I've yet to see them at Target or TRU.

bobafrett
08-16-2005, 12:53 PM
I've seen the ones CrunchyNug speaks of, and even set up a couple of members of the SSG with them. I'm sure they will hit your area, but you might want to hit the stores when they open cause they don't stay on the pegs long.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-16-2005, 02:08 PM
I found mine a few weeks back, soon after the SDCC announcement. I've only seen them a couple of times since and they went quick. I think I lucked out and got he initial shipment, which should be supplemented by another batch due out soon.

hjwii
08-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Well, I live in New Orleans... and I realize that things move much slower down here. I haven't seen any figures over #47 or so... no 500th Vaders... no Evolutions...

Oh well, I suppose that's why the good Lord gave us eBay....:rolleyes:

hjwii

DarthMasan
08-16-2005, 04:56 PM
I just found the red and green troopers(which i am told are Walmart Exclusives only) last week monday. The red shock trooper is one per case. I think it is the same for the green commander but not positive. From what i was reading it seems that the figures are making their way west. It took me about 3 weeks to get them after hearing that they were in Las Vegas and Arizona first(i live in Wisconsin). The two walmarts were i live were redoing the Star Wars aisles, and i was lucky enough to get there before any one else.

hjwii
08-16-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm going shopping on eBay, aren't I? :(

tagmac
08-16-2005, 05:44 PM
They aren't Wal-Mart exclusives. KB has gotten them in, and I found two green Clone Commanders at TRU last week. The problem is they are only one per case, and in only one case assortment at this point.

Turbowars
08-16-2005, 06:10 PM
They aren't Wal-Mart exclusives. KB has gotten them in, and I found two green Clone Commanders at TRU last week. The problem is they are only one per case, and in only one case assortment at this point.Yet another reason to say Hasbro Sucks.:shocked: :yes:

pegger
08-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Yet another reason to say Hasbro Sucks.:shocked: :yes:

You are a wise... wise man Turbowars...

Turbowars
08-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Thank you Sir, now only if I could get my wife to believe that.:pleased:

doch18
08-16-2005, 07:46 PM
I posted in the trade section, but if you need a red shocktrooper, I may be able to help. They have become quite plentiful around here. The green commander....a bit more difficult to find. Tons of red troopers, but not a sign of the Tarkin wave.

Kidhuman
08-16-2005, 08:48 PM
I still havent seen these at retail. From what I gather, alot of the WM's are holding back stock until they reset their toy dept for Christmas. You will find them. Patience young Padawan.

Blackened88
08-16-2005, 10:25 PM
My ToysRUs got them in I think about a week ago but have not put them out, I did get my pilots and green commander, no shcoktroopers though.

Kidhuman
08-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Blackened, me need 1 pilot please

kool-aid killer
08-17-2005, 12:23 AM
I dont know about any other forum members in your region, but it is possible that you could set up a network should you be able to find one. Ive been lucky enough to meet someone (msjedi) through SSG who has been nothing short of fantastic in helping me out. We also have another guy (trandoshan666) who drops into town every now and then and we try to help him out when hes in the neck of the woods. Another set of eyes comes in very handy. I wish you the best of luck.

hjwii
08-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh... I see how it is... I'm going to go out and buy all these cool variants on eBay because I can't find them. Then, as soon as my paypal account is charged, I'm gonna walk through WalMart and the whole wall will be full of the reds and greens and blacks...

BUT... if I decide to wait it out, I will never see these figures...

Nevertheless... don't mind me... just ranting. I used to rant at home, but it's hard to get sympathy when you;re a thirty-something whining about the lack of toys...

hjwii

X13VADER
08-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Relax Thet Will Be There Soon. I Just Bought My First Black Pilot And Have Not Seen The Others Yet. I Went To Kb Toys In Grand Rapids Mich. And They Had At Least 30 Black Pilots.im Sure The Rest Are Coming For Christmas .

Val Da Car
08-18-2005, 11:05 AM
yep and I found a Red Shock and Green Clone at a WM at NIGHT amazing!!!

Kidhuman
08-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Well, I found the green one, havent seen the shock troopers yet, but have found the black pilots as well.

jedi master sal
08-19-2005, 11:07 AM
I have a new friend who works for TRU and he's found them there. He picked me up two of the Shocktroopers and a Green Commander. (After his shift! I told not to do anything that would comprimise his employment.)

Wheeljack35
08-19-2005, 01:26 PM
I have picked up at my local Walmart:

2 Green Clone Commanders
3 Red Shock Troopers
2 AT RT drivers

Now I got to find the Black Clone Pilots

bobafrett
08-19-2005, 10:45 PM
I have picked up at my local Walmart:

2 Green Clone Commanders
3 Red Shock Troopers
2 AT RT drivers

Now I got to find the Black Clone Pilots

Saw a case of them today. They had 3 per case, so they shouldn't be hard to track down.

darth cynik
08-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I got an AT-RT driver the other day, I was rather surprised to see him just sitting there at Target, so I snapped him up. Love the figure, he's going to sit on my desk at work.

I'm on the lookout for the repaint clones, but so far I've seen nothing. I'm hoping there is a lot of stuff this crappy walmart is holding back for the reset, I'm gonna go looking a few times a week then.

When is the Felucia commander [pictured at the SDCC] supposed to start showing up? (I know Nov is the ETA but that's not usually accurate it seems.)

Anyone know?