PDA

View Full Version : Uh huh, yeah

El Chuxter
08-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Pray for deliverance from P Diddy's stupidity.

From Yahoo News: (http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050816/en_music_eo/17162;_ylt=Areu6vE8aQrzjJSPq3oOOgpxFb8C;_ylu=X3oDM TBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl)

Diddy Drops the P. By Sarah Hall

"It's the era of Diddy."

So proclaimed the hip-hop impresario formerly known as Sean Combs, Puffy, Puff Daddy and now P. Diddy on Tuesday's Today Show, as he explained that he was changing his name once again.

The rap mogul last switched it up--from Puff Daddy to P. Diddy--in 2001, while seeking a "fresh start" after being acquitted on gun charges.

As for what brought about the latest change in moniker, the entertainer admitted that his previous name change left his fans uncertain of how to address him.

"I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said.

"During concerts, half the crowd is saying 'P. Diddy'--half the crowd is chanting 'Diddy'--now everybody can just chant 'Diddy.' "

He confessed that his unwieldy name was even starting to befuddle him.

"I even started to get confused myself--and when I'd called someone on the telephone it took me a long time to explain who I was. Too long," Diddy told the New York Post.

"One word. Five letters. Period," he added.

Anyone else sick of this crap bag?

bobafrett
08-16-2005, 05:08 PM
I thought the name was stupid to begin with. Didn't we go through this with Prince, then the artist formerly known as prince, and now I think it's Princess or something like that. What's wrong with "diddy" going by Sean Combs? That name sounds alright, and a hell of a lot better than P. Diddy or Puff Daddy.

Kidhuman
08-16-2005, 09:00 PM
What a tool this guy is.

JimJamBonds
08-16-2005, 09:40 PM
I remember maybe 5 or so years ago during a "Celebrity Tombstones" bit Conan O'Brian showed... "Didy's" and under the years lived it said: "Sean 'Puffy' Combs "The Puff Daddy: The first black man to have two stupid nicknames." Looks like that 'stone will need to get updated. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
08-16-2005, 11:33 PM
"I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said. And I'll bet he said that with a straight face.

2-1B
08-17-2005, 01:57 AM
I'll just continue to call him Jackrabbit, which is Algonquin for "ruins Led Zeppelin and Police songs"

Slicker
08-17-2005, 05:55 AM
Whatever happened to just using your first and last name?

I myself am really sick of these damn people that are so full of themselves that they tell people what to call them. Reminds of that dead drug addict ODB or whatever he called himself when he croaked. I wish we could increase the size of the smilies cuz I'd give the biggest :rolleyes: you've ever seen.

mabudonicus
08-17-2005, 07:33 AM
Rocketboy- he sure did say it like it was dead serious, I saw the bit last night while channel surfing
Of note- on one of them craptastic "Hollywood Inside" programs there was a little segment with a bunch of them publicity types (you know, "entertainment experts/insiders" the ones who aren't stars but want to be, so you can get them to embarass themselves gushing about STUPID crap like it's somehow based in reality so that those STUPID shows have SOME content, if you can call it that) and I swear in 2 minutes the word "diddy" had been uttered a couple dozen times, attached to phrases like "Diddy is always on top of things, Diddy knows what his fans want and Diddy wants to give it to them, we all love to follow Diddy cos he's just Diddy"
I don't know what's worse, the name or the fact that grown adults can be made to repeat it as nauseum like it's the most important (yet somehow still totally "normal") thing ever

Yeeeargh!!!! :beard:

Kidhuman
08-17-2005, 07:44 AM
I cant wait until he becomes deady.

CaptainSolo1138
08-17-2005, 08:18 AM
It's publicity. When was the last time he had a hit? When the last time any of you bought a pair of Sean John jeans? He's trying to push his product.

The quote I found funny was:

"During concerts, half the crowd is saying 'P. Diddy'--half the crowd is chanting 'Diddy'--now everybody can just chant 'Diddy."
First off, don't concerts usually involve instruments? What he does is a "show". Secondly, how full of yourself do you have to be to say people are "chanting" your name? It's a show, dude. That's what they do, but you don't see The Barenaked Ladies changing their name to Ladies, do you? :rolleyes:
Third, you suck. No one cares what the hell your name is. Go ride Ashton's coat tails some more while he's still "hot".

bobafett07728
08-17-2005, 08:42 AM
I am a fan of hip-hop, and I'm pretty tired of this clown. His career has been a downward spiral since Notorious BIG's death. Now he's all about publicity, period.

It's publicity. When was the last time he had a hit? When the last time any of you bought a pair of Sean John jeans? He's trying to push his product.

You couldn't be more correct. His Sean John company has been bombarding my radio stations lately. Apparently he "revamped" the look of the clothing, and is adding a womens, and sneaker line. The whole thing is to get his name (whichever one he chooses to use) in the press to boost the upcoming release of his new product. Total Crap!

In my opinion. . . Id rather him put out crummy clothing, then more music. His style is tired, and the rap industry is already going to hell in a handbag.

Uh huh, yeah. . .

kool-aid killer
08-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Diddy hasnt had any solid acts under his record label in some time. How he affords his lifestyle right now is beyond me. This guys just trying to keep his name relevant right now. I cant stand this nerd. "Take that!"

CaptainSolo1138
08-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Something I forgot to add: Who does he think he is with this whole "Making the Band" or whatever the hell it's called thing?!?! Granted, those kids are money hungry, no-talent hacks, but he acts like God towards them; like they can only pee when he says so or something. He's cutting his own throat when he ends the show prematurely due to their lack of talent and cohesiveness (like he didn't see that coming :rolleyes: ). How bad does it make him look when he can't show people how to do it right, just tell them what they're doing wrong? He's an *** and I can't wait for his career to be officially "over".

JimJamBonds
08-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Hey Cap there is one good thing that resulted in "Making the band." Answer: That great sketch on Chappelle's Show from Season Deuce. Great stuff. :yes:

El Chuxter
08-17-2005, 10:47 AM
"I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said.

Truly the quote of the millennium!

Can you imagine if SSG members started doing that?

"I felt like the 'El' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Chuxter said.

"I felt like the 'Sir' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Steve said.

"I felt like the 'j' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," jreason said.

"I felt like the 'kid' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," human said.

"I felt like the 'Q' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," LD said.

Slicker
08-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Heck, R. Kelly never let a little p get between him and his fans.:bandit:

darthvyn
08-17-2005, 11:42 AM

omg, i just herniated my spleen reading that!!! that's awesome!

:thumbsup:

i don't know, though... we've had this happen at sirstevesguide.com - right QLD... i mean LIMP... i mean...

bobafrett
08-17-2005, 01:21 PM

LMAO! lol lol lol lol lol

i don't know, though... we've had this happen at sirstevesguide.com - right QLD... i mean LIMP... i mean...

Um Hm, yes sir, but I don't think that was his choice, but yes, sometimes change isn't good. BTW, I'm changing my name to "Ithangsbelowmyknees".

Slicker
08-17-2005, 01:33 PM
BTW, I'm changing my name to "Ithangsbelowmyknees".Only if your doing a headstand.:D

CaptainSolo1138
08-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Only if your doing a headstand.:D
Damn, dude! You're on a roll today! :D

bobafrett
08-17-2005, 01:39 PM
The thing that sucks, is it took me a minute to get that one, I actually had to visulize myself doing a headstand, then I still didn't get it until about 30 seconds later, and then I busted out laughing.

Slicker
08-17-2005, 01:48 PM
That's called neutered dog syndrome Frett, you just don't get it.

darthvyn
08-17-2005, 04:42 PM
spleen... completely out of... body...

bobafrett
08-17-2005, 09:43 PM
According to my Excite page, these are the top 5 songs in the country. How many of the names do you think are really the artist name? Mariah Carey? I think that's it. Not sure if anyone in the *****cat dolls go by there real names, I've never heard of this band before. No P. Diddy songs in there though!

1. We Belong Together
Mariah Carey
2. Don't Cha
The *****cat Dolls Featuring Busta Rhymes
3. Pon de Replay
Rihanna
4. Let Me Hold You
Bow Wow Featuring Omarion
5. Lose Control
Missy Elliott Featuring Ciara & Fat Man Scoop

Rocketboy
08-17-2005, 10:15 PM
I myself am really sick of these damn people that are so full of themselves that they tell people what to call them. From the guy that calls himself Slicker...Oh sweet irony! (that is irony, right?)

Rocketboy- he sure did say it like it was dead serious, I saw the bit last night while channel surfingMan, the guy does have some skills (skillz?), I can't even read it without smiling.

This thread reminds me of the song by Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog:

Poop Diddy, are you in show business still?
I didn't know wearing a suit was a skill.

JediTricks
08-17-2005, 10:44 PM
I thought the name was stupid to begin with. Didn't we go through this with Prince, then the artist formerly known as prince, and now I think it's Princess or something like that. Well, there's a few differences, first, "Prince" actually is his real name, he was born "Prince Rogers Nelson"; second, Prince has talent.

Kidhuman
08-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Too damn funny SLicker...a headstand....my liver is next to vyns spleen

bobafrett
08-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Well, there's a few differences, first, "Prince" actually is his real name, he was born "Prince Rogers Nelson"; second, Prince has talent.

Your right JT, my mom, God rest her soul, if she was alive today would have told me that I was incorrect. But the point I was trying to make was that he (prince) changed his name to some unpronouncable symbol, and now he is back. He does have talent, and my mom and I watched Purple Rain several times, and we would get up and dance during some of his more dancable tunes. I also like some of his later stuff, and I own the Purple Rain soundtrack. I don't know if Puff Smoke Daddy Diddy ever started out using his real name, or what.

JimJamBonds
08-19-2005, 01:06 AM
I belive in the start he was just good ol' Sean Combs. Although I really don't care, all he is good for is taking great songs and making them into a sucky sample. See Kashmir by the Mighty Led Balloon as the best example I can give.

Slicker
08-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Too damn funny SLicker...a headstand....my liver is next to vyns spleenI had to. The jokes presented themselves and I wouldn't have slept right now taking them.

No hard feelings Frett I still got much :love:for ya.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Whatever happened to just using your first and last name?

I myself am really sick of these d@mn people that are so full of themselves that they tell people what to call them.
This coming from those calling themselves Slicker, JimJamBonds, bobafrett, kidhuman, Bel-Cam Jos, JediTricks, darthvyn, and Rocketboy? :rolleyes:

I still come back to that Simpson's Treehouse of Horror Paul Anka song... "just don't look, just don't look." The more attention given to (and controversy surrounding) it, the more they win.

Maybe we need a new Internet lingo acronym: ICCL (I could care less).

[p.s. I missed Rocketboy's "irony" comment on the 3rd page of this thread, who beat me to our screen names issue, so I owe a BSLOS for my error... and why not a Sean P. Daddy Puff Combs Diddy Puffy Lopez one!]

"Been around the world and I I I
And we been playa hated [say what?]
I don't know and I don't know why
Why they want us faded [ahehe]
I don't know why they hate us [yeah]
Is it our ladies? [uh-huh]
Or our drop Mercedes [uhh, uhh] "

Slicker
08-19-2005, 02:49 PM
This coming from those calling themselves Slicker, JimJamBonds, bobafrett, kidhuman, Bel-Cam Jos, JediTricks, darthvyn, and Rocketboy? :rolleyes:

Hey, I never SAID you HAD to call me Slicker. Heck, for all I care you could call me peaches.

El Chuxter
08-19-2005, 03:28 PM
I'll keep that in mind. . . Peaches.

Out of curiosity, do you come from a can, where you were put by a man?

Slicker
08-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Out of curiosity, do you come from a can, where you were put by a man?You know it. It was in a factory downtown.

2-1B
08-20-2005, 12:47 AM
I'll just call you Eaches, since the P seems to be coming between us.

Rocketboy
08-20-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey, I never SAID you HAD to call me Slicker. Heck, for all I care you could call me peaches.You let other people call you peaches? :cry:

Slicker
08-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Don't get upset Sweetums. It just makes 'em feel "included".

JimJamBonds
08-20-2005, 01:56 AM

Ehh ironic ain't it? lol Actually CaptainSolo1138 already outed me with my first name. :p

Also I like the "Presidents of the United States of America" references here boys! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-21-2005, 05:23 PM
the point I was trying to make was that he (prince) changed his name to some unpronouncable symbol, and now he is back.I know, I was just busting on Sean "Puff Daddy/P.Diddy/Diddy" Combs. ;) The symbol was pronounced "vakfar" I believe, and it was quite silly. :p

This coming from those calling themselves Slicker, JimJamBonds, bobafrett, kidhuman, Bel-Cam Jos, JediTricks, darthvyn, and Rocketboy? :rolleyes: Hey, I never held a press conference telling you guys to call me "JediTricks', that's just the screenname I go by.

Maybe we need a new Internet lingo acronym: ICCL (I could care less). It'd make more sense if it were "I couldN'T care less" :p

Hey, I never SAID you HAD to call me Slicker. Heck, for all I care you could call me peaches. Dagnabit! You stole my thoughts 2 days before I had them! :shocked: ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
08-24-2005, 09:57 PM
According to my Excite page, these are the top 5 songs in the country. How many of the names do you think are really the artist name? Mariah Carey? I think that's it. Not sure if anyone in the *****cat dolls go by there real names, I've never heard of this band before. No P. Diddy songs in there though!

1. We Belong Together
Mariah Carey
2. Don't Cha
The *****cat Dolls Featuring Busta Rhymes
3. Pon de Replay
Rihanna
4. Let Me Hold You
Bow Wow Featuring Omarion
5. Lose Control
Missy Elliott Featuring Ciara & Fat Man Scoop

I hardly recognize anything on the top 40 lists these days. All the songs are by Whodis? featuring Whodat? My main source for new music these days is the alternative Music Choice channel on my cable TV.

bobafrett
08-25-2005, 12:17 AM
I hardly recognize anything on the top 40 lists these days. All the songs are by Whodis? featuring Whodat? My main source for new music these days is the alternative Music Choice channel on my cable TV.

That reminds me, I need to hook my cable box back up. When the cable went into my VCR instead of the cable box, I was getting HBO Cinemax, and Showtime. Now they moved those channels to the digital, and I really enjoy having the music channel on when I was first moving in.

Diddy hosts the VMA's, one show I'll be sure not to watch!

Deoxyribonucleic
08-25-2005, 12:44 AM
:rolleyes:

bobafrett
08-25-2005, 06:48 AM
:rolleyes:

What? I pay for cable, I just don't like using the cable box, because I had to use three remotes just to watch T.V., so I plugged the cable directly into my VCR and got the three movie channels but no music channels. I didn't reprogram anything, the channels were just there.

kool-aid killer
08-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I dont think the roll eyes smiley is about your cable hookup, but about Diddy hosting the VMAs, which is further proof that hes desperate for publicity. I dont know how he maintains the lifestyle that he lives, his artists cant sell for anything. And the ones that could wanted out of his Bad Boy label.

He still has three members of Da Band under his label, one of them recently was promoting their upcoming single on 106th and Park.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-25-2005, 12:36 PM
What? I pay for cable, I just don't like using the cable box, because I had to use three remotes just to watch T.V., so I plugged the cable directly into my VCR and got the three movie channels but no music channels. I didn't reprogram anything, the channels were just there.

That face wasn't meant for you my dear, it was meant for the first post in this thread about p. ditty! Entertainers these days are getting weirder and weirder by the minute and boy they sure think they are superhuman or something?? Dude, you're just a guy with a clothing line and I think you sing or something...don't even know what he does to be honest hehe.

Sorry for the confusion Bobafrett :silly:

CaptainSolo1138
08-25-2005, 01:06 PM
don't even know what he does to be honest

No one does. It's less and less every day, yet he gets richer by the minute. I need to either get on his work regimine or become Ashton's best pal.

Uh huh, yeah.

bobafrett
08-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Sorry for the confusion Bobafrett :silly:

No worries! I spent the day hooking up my cable box properly, but when I did so, I couldn't get sound out of my 4 speakers, only the ones on the T.V., and I lost the signal in my sons room. I ended up connecting it up like it was before, and then had to put back my gazzilion toys that I have on top of my entertainment center. At least I get the top dusted off, and found that I have no wiring skills.

DOWN WITH DIDDY!

Mad Slanted Powers
08-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Here are a few suggestions should Diddy or any other rapper need another name change:

Puff Doggy
Ice Daddy
2Fat (or 2Phat)
Notorious P.I.G

mabudonicus
08-28-2005, 08:46 AM
I was always hoping that there'd be a new rising star named Doggie P