PDA

View Full Version : Whatz up boyz!!!

The 'Xir
08-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Just thought I'd pop in and say Hi!!! Sorry I haven't been around(or too active) in a couple of months, but as I have mentioned to some others, my life has been a wreck of late and Star Wars... dare I say... hasn't been on the forefront of my mind! :eek: Shocking I know! ;) I feel bad though, 'cause I've wanted to keep in touch with all the koool katz :D I met at the CIII convention, and participate on the site more than I have! I admit though I was pretty darn well depressed about the way the prequel story turned out! I know I bashed EpIII alot here as a result, but it is a cool movie, I just didn't like the overall outcome and that had a big reason for my lack of interest in posting; but really I just don't have the time or the luxury to do so at the moment, until I can land on my feet again!
JP - Just so you know I did finally watch most of that photo montage CD you comprised, and it was awesome!!! ThanX Alot!!!

I'll try to post when I can, but so long for now! Hope everyone is doing well, and hopefully I'll see/talk to some of you soon!

MTFBWY All...Always!!! See YA! The 'Xir ThanX! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the update Xir. Glad all is well with ya.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Brent, glad to see you posting again here at SSG and we hope that you hang around a bit. I think a good time was had by all at Celebration III and the entourage SirSteves sent produced some wonderful memories and experiences.

I've also noticed since the convention that you aren't the only absent poster from our group--dr. evazan & Dar Argol have been seen on a limited basis and we miss 'em.

Glad to see you around.

2-1B
08-17-2005, 01:51 AM
Welcome back Xir, we always keep a full bucket of exclamation points for you to use whenever you come back, so no worries there. :grin: :grin: :grin:

I still think you're crazy for liking each prequel less than the previous one but we've all got our tastes. lol lol lol

scruffziller
08-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Welcome back 'Xir. My brother and I were just talking about the C3 gang the other day and we thought of you. Hope to hear more of your perspective on the entire PT as you mentioned in your opening post..:)

The 'Xir
08-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :bandit:

WOW Caesar, I know I can over use "The Point" sometimes but that was crazy!!! :crazed: lol

Anyways, LBC funny you should mention Doc and D'argol, 'Cause I was looking through some of the stuff I collected/bought out at CIII, and came upon some papers with most of your guys numbers on it; so I'll have to give those boyz a ring and see what's up, I think your # was on there as well.(<-Hey Ceez, look! :D )

What up KH and Scruff!
Scruff, Actually I do like EpIII more now, but both II and III(imo) are just good on there own. I like EPI Because I think It has the same spirit as the OT, the same adventure as the originals. Also, it opens up or introduces the Prequels so it doesn't really tamper much of what we knew the back story to be growing up. EpII I think is where the story really goes wrong and EpIII does it's best to recover from II's mistakes, but in the end just doesn't do it for me, and III also reveals what I think to be the biggest error of all the mistakes in the preques ln regarding Leia knowing/not knowing her real/not real mother! I mean have you watched RotJ, now after seeing RotS, it just opens a whole can of worms that should never have made it to the store let alone bought and eaten(more like force-fed(no pun intended)). I also think George knows this, and why he is doing a tv series after the fact, 'cause he knew he couldn't explain everything in EpIII the way he screwed up/written ERpII. I know he said the tv series won't deal with any of the main characters but I'm sure he'll imply things about what is going on with the main characters around whatever action/storys he creates for ther series. I also think it's funny that the abbreviation for epIII spells rots, 'cause thats what the prequel story does now.

So in ending if I had to rank all the movies now, i'd put them like this:
1) ANH, ESB, RotJ, TPM (tied)
2) RotS
3) AotC
Hopefully I'll learn to like it more than I do now, with countless viewing hours of the dvds, but so far it hasn't worked for AotC, actually the more I watch that movie now the more I hate it, so I don't know how the RotS dvd will change my opinon either... we'll see.

Anyways, sorry about that little tirade, but once again I hope all are well and I'll try to get in touch with some of ya, through phone calls or PM's. See ya! Peace.
Oh and Caesar... :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!