PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Review: Patrol Dewback

LusiferSam
08-17-2005, 02:24 AM
With its possible legs and linked movable head and tail the Patrol Dewback moves it's way to our discussion. Aside from the limbs and ends the Dewback featured a removable saddle and reins. A small spring loaded trap door allowed figures to be seated on it. The Patrol Dewback was first released in 1979 and re-released in 1984 in a collector series box.

2-1B
08-17-2005, 03:22 AM
Did it ever seem to you like ol' Dewey was smiling ?

That's how it seemed to me.

vader121
08-17-2005, 08:44 AM
Pretty good toy for the time. ALthough it would have been much better if the mouth could open and close. That would have added more play value.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I'd forgotten this was the "Patrol" Dewback. I never saw anyone whose Dewback had its reins; in fact, the one I bought several years back is sans reins, too. I liked the tail-to-the-right means head-to-the-left motion, and I wasn't one of the people who felt the "trap door" feature was cheap (thought it was cleaver).

Was it smiling? Wouldn't you be a little ticklish if people were touching your insides with their feet? :p

Ji'dai
08-19-2005, 10:29 PM
I have two Patrol Dewbacks. The first one I got was the initial release but I think the reins on mine broke. I still have them though. I did get another when it was re-released in the "Collector's Series" box. That one is still complete and I know I still have the box for that one.

The removable saddle was a nice feature. You could have a free-range Dewback then. The trap door was inspired - at least it looked better than a figure seated on the Speeder Bike, and I loved those.

The original Dewback was okay, not terribly exciting, but something I had to have for my collection nonetheless. Still, I'm glad Kenner resculpted the Dewback for the 90s release and didn't just reuse the old mold.