PDA

View Full Version : AT-TE Tank Gunner #38

Knightfall
08-17-2005, 03:35 AM
Yeah, this figure did come out a while back, but no one's written a review and I've just now gotten mine. If you, like me for so long, are having great trouble finding one of these bad boys, take solace in the knowledge that you're not missing much.

THE GOOD:
*He's a Clone Trooper. Can't ever have too many Clone Troopers, or 'troopers of any other sort, for that matter.
*The removeable helmet is a nice detail that makes him unique from the multitude of other clones, and would also allow enterprising customisers an excellent base for a Commander Cody figure.
*Ball-jointed hips. Why doesn't the SA clone have these? It allows the Gunner to strike some nifty crouching poses, which is good since he's never going to have an AT-TE to pilot.

THE BAD:
*Swivel-jointed elbows? None of the other clones have this particular flaw, except for Bacara, and his is only on one arm.
*The helmet doesn't fit just perfectly, which means you can see a tiny sliver of the clone's chin unless he's looking down.
*The helmet-atop-a-helmet unique to the Gunner doesn't fit the best either.
*He can't hold the small blaster due to both of his hands being sculpted in the "trigger finger" position.

THE ???
*His shoulder armor on the left arm pulls off for some reason. Perhaps he was designed to have an alternate shoulderpad with an Imperial logo on it, like his cousin the Quick-Draw Clone?

The AT-TE Tank Gunner comes with a short rifle, blaster pistol, helmet, weird thing that goes on top of the helmet, left shoulder armor, and a base that looks like it could be Kashyyyk. All in all, for a figure I've spent a pretty nice chunk of 2005 pursuing, the Gunner is surprisingly average. At least I didn't spend too much to get him. Just for being another Jango, I'll give him 7/10.

X13VADER
08-17-2005, 02:30 PM
I Thought It Was A Great Figure. I Like Them For My Speeder Bikes. And Under The Shoulder Armour Is An Imperial Symbol.

Knightfall
08-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Forgot to mention he has swivel-joint shoulders, too. I didn't have the figure in front of me when I wrote the review, sorry.

Blackened88
08-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I also thought he was a great figure, one of my favorites. The only real problem is his shoulders and elbows everything else is fine.

Luuuuuuke
08-18-2005, 01:16 AM
He's so-so. He looks kind of pudgy and spastic. The only thing he has going for him is that he's a clone and you can remove his helmet. It's hard to totally mess up clones, but they almost did with this one. He doesn't look very dynamic. IMO he's just an average figure. I've passed up on lots of AT-TE gunners because I just haven't been that interested in army building them. Plus, he's crap to stand up. He's always falling down and knocking the other clones over.