PDA

View Full Version : OTC Bespin Luke Skywalker and the OTC in general

ROTJLuke
08-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Saw it on eBay, couldnt find this one in stores, and I just wanted to know if it was really any diff. from the SAGA one (I know that the face isnt all beaten up) Looks great carded tho, the entire OTC basic line looks great carded, so yea, Im pickin it up. Any others worth gettin? I have Jedi Luke, 2 Dagobah Lukes (variant handstand included) and Pilot Luke. Any others that are really sweet and worth gettin? Thanks all! :yes: :pleased:

Ryno
08-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately, the paint scheme is the only thing different. If they would have taken that stupid button out of his back, this might be one of the first Lukes that you could call perfect. Outside of the packaging, I was never really that hot about the OTC because 95% of the whole line were either repaints or repackages. The Cloud Car Pilot, Leia Bespin and Lobot were really the only three true new figures.

ROTJLuke
08-17-2005, 12:46 PM
But dont forget about the entire dagobah themed wave, the Luke, Ben, R2, and Yoda were all new as well. It was a catch up line, and I really didnt get into it until late, and I just want a few odds and ends to add to my collection. My collection consists of everything from POTF2, the original vintage 12, half of ROTS (b/c the other half sucked) a little bit from saga (I wasnt collecting at the time, I was disheartned by the hasbro and their suckiness) and now Im going full force at TSC.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Actually, the OTC Luke doesn't have the big weather vane that the Saga one did. I think he has all the other accessories but I'm not sure. And I also think that they ditched the metal hand peg completely for a plastic one (the Saga one had both a metal and plastic one, at different times).

Ryno
08-17-2005, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=ROTJLuke]But dont forget about the entire dagobah themed wave, the Luke, Ben, R2, and Yoda were all new as well. QUOTE]

Ryno
08-17-2005, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=ROTJLuke]But dont forget about the entire dagobah themed wave, the Luke, Ben, R2, and Yoda were all new as well. QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, but I was just going for completely new figs there. There was a spirit Obi-Wan and Dagobah Luke before (although the OTC one rocks) and obviously there were R2s and Yodas. That particular Bespin wave though was completely new figs that had never been done before.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2005, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, but I was just going for completely new figs there. There was a spirit Obi-Wan and Dagobah Luke before (although the OTC one rocks) and obviously there were R2s and Yodas. That particular Bespin wave though was completely new figs that had never been done before.
Are you high? They were new sculpts, but Lobot was first released in 1998 on a single card and Leia in that gown was previously available with Han in a Princess Leia collection pack. And, all three were also in the vintage line. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Slicker
08-17-2005, 07:19 PM
And don't forget that the Cloud Car Pilot was released with the concept Cloud Car in the late 90's.

Old Fossil
08-17-2005, 09:07 PM
The OTC is the greatest line of modern Star Wars figures. A complete carded collection makes for a stunning display. True, many of the figures are repaints or rehashes, but they are usually the best Hasbro offered up to that time, with a few exceptions...

The Tusken is not the best sculpt. That would be the AOTC/Saga version. But the OTC Tusken has a great paint job and the Bantha on the cardback is a fantastic -- and iconic -- shot.

Same with the Jawas. The CommTech Jawa is arguably the best sculpt, but the paint apps on the OTC ones are superb, and the cardback photo brings back really great memories for me.

There are others of note, but I'm too tired to ramble on at present. :sleeping:
But I love this line, and am still collecting it.

Dark Marble
08-19-2005, 11:50 AM
The packaging was ok, but I wasn't all that impressed by it. There is some nostalgia there, but since I am a loose collector it all just ends up as garbage anyway. I like the OTC line because it was a good mix of new and repainted figures that allowed for army building, and passing on figures that weren't needed. For me the card back could be a square of generic card board box and I wouldn't care. lol

But seriously, the Bespin Luke was a cool figure in both OTC and Saga. The only differences between them is the paint and accessories. I really liked this figure and I only found one at retail which I bought. Did everyone have trouble finding this figure???

Devo
08-19-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm a loose collector aswell but I still keep the boxes and try to cause the least amount of damage possible when opening them - particularly with the OTC. The Bespin Luke card ranks possibly as my favourite but I like pretty much every other card aswell (and I don't have all of them).

These are the others I really like from those I do have:
R2-D2 (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
All the Dagobah cards
Holographic Emperor (ESB)
Sandtrooper (ANH)
Scanning trooper (ANH)
Lando Skiff (ROTJ)
Lobot (ESB)
Leia Bespin (ESB)
Yarua
Pablo Gill
Sly Moore

I truly think the OTC cards make most figures worth buying again. I've only passed on IG-88 of those I've seen at retail. Another I wouldn't buy if I ever saw him is Bib Fortuna, the figure is simply too crap and I knew they'd resculpt him anyway.

ROTJLuke
09-10-2005, 10:59 AM
The packaging was ok, but I wasn't all that impressed by it. There is some nostalgia there, but since I am a loose collector it all just ends up as garbage anyway. I like the OTC line because it was a good mix of new and repainted figures that allowed for army building, and passing on figures that weren't needed. For me the card back could be a square of generic card board box and I wouldn't care. lol

But seriously, the Bespin Luke was a cool figure in both OTC and Saga. The only differences between them is the paint and accessories. I really liked this figure and I only found one at retail which I bought. Did everyone have trouble finding this figure???

Yea I had trouble finding the last 20 or so, so thats why Im resorting to eBay. :thumbsup: