PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Tarkin Wave?

CowherPower
08-17-2005, 09:59 AM
I have been a lurker here for quite a while, and decided to suck it up and create a profile. But anyway, I have been able to find every figure out now except for the Tarkin Wave. I think it hit here once in WV (just one case at one walmart) Just caught the remnants of it. Anyway, do you think that these cases just weren't produced in large numbers, or do you think they were produced, and will eventually make their way to the stores.

I realize that they will be included in a future assortment, but I'm talking about the Wave 4, Rev 2 cases that were packed with 3 or 4 of each. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Battle Droid
08-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Welcome fellow West Virginian! :D

Slicker
08-17-2005, 11:22 AM
You may be right about them just not producing enough. I have still never seen them in stores but had someone else get them for me. I think we'll def. see them in later waves though so no worries for those that haven't found them.

Dark Marble
08-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Maybe these figs are being viewed as remnants of clunkers of the past. I remember the 1st Tarkin sitting around forever, and Orn Fre Ta and Jar Jar senators didn't do so well either. Maybe this wave was scaled back out of fear. :confused:

DarkArtist
08-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Yeah I know what you're saying, I too haven't found the Tarkin wave. Been able to find everything else, and with the exceptions of the few variants I have all of the ROTS line. Just lacking the Tarkin wave.
By the way love your signiture, that was my favorite part of the movie. Say hello to Darth balls, BONG !!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jimmymiro12
08-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Ok first of welcome to the boards. Second they definitly didn't release much of these and part of the problem was probably they saw what happened with neimodians and the other random figures that still have been sitting there for months. It was basically a simple way to create hype for these figures.

jimmymiro12

Markimus
08-17-2005, 12:29 PM
I also never saw this wave hit central florida.... not even a hint of it.

JEDIpartner
08-17-2005, 01:26 PM
That wave is being reissued in a case that is supposedly coming out in September.

Star Wars - Episode III Revenge of the Sith 3 3/4-inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Collection 2, Wave 5, Revision 1 contains 12 individually packaged action figures including: 1x Royal Guard (EIII #23), 2x AT-TE Tank Gunner (EIII #38), 2x Utapaun Warrior (EIII #53), 2x Captain Antilles (EIII #51), 2x Zett Jukassa (Tado) (EIII #52), 1x Tarkin (EIII #45), 1x Senator Ask Aak (EIII #46), and 1x Meena Tills - Mon Calamari Senator (EIII #47). Subject to change.

CowherPower
08-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks DarkArtist. Check out my profile pic. I tried to make this pic my avatar, but apparently one is not blessed with enough honor to do that on this board. Unless I'm wrong . . .

bobafrett
08-17-2005, 01:48 PM
I've only seen the Tarkin wave once, and that was the day it arrived at my store, gone withing 10 minutes of opening. That's not to say they haven't had a case or two come in on my off days, but we have two or three regular customers that come in at opening, anything new is gone, if it comes back out again, then it will usually last a little longer, but seeing as JEDIpartner has posted that the three from that wave the Tarkin wave that everyone is looking for, are packed just one per case, they will continue to be harder to find.

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 02:44 PM
I've been hunting this wave actively and I finally found a ton of them at my local Wal-Mart last night. I haven't seen any of the Evolution packs except one Anakin and none of the repaints...

CowherPower
08-17-2005, 03:13 PM
JediMike, did you happen to pick up any extras? I have stuff to trade for them, or good old cash. see the trading thread.

waboritas
08-17-2005, 03:19 PM
As I posted in the what have you found thread, I finally found this Sunday down on Cape Cod. In fact, it was all they had was Tarkin Wave. I plan on going back to the store on Friday to see if they still have them. If they do, what do you want/need as they had all 3 figs?

jimmymiro12
08-17-2005, 04:16 PM
waboritas is there anything you need because I might want to trade not buy. Let me know.

jimmymiro12

Old Fossil
08-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Funny how two alien senators and a skinny beureaucrat, all with barely any screen time in ROTS, are so in demand!

I was watching for this wave, too, until I realized that the alien senators I DO own -- Orn Free Taa and Binks, namely -- have been boxed up for going on two years now. That would probably be the fate of Aak and Tills, and likely the young Tarkin, too, if I bought 'em.

I got Pilot Obi-Wan and a couple more clones, instead! :thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
08-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Same here in TX. I have not seen or found anything that was shipped in the Tarkin wave.

B.
TDV

Turbowars
08-17-2005, 11:04 PM
I tried to make this pic my avatar, but apparently one is not blessed with enough honor to do that on this board. Unless I'm wrong . . .LOL, 1st you act like someone was pulling your leg to join SSG and now now this?:tired: No, you just have to have a few more posts. Not sure on the # but it isn't too many.

The Tarkin wave hit here in CA once on a weekend. I saw a few sets and some guys in the LA just found got hooked up with them. The power of team work in awesome. That's what this site is all about. Join or start a just found thread in your area and you never know there might be guys finding this stuff and will get hooked you up.

Punkreject
08-17-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm still looking for Tarkin. I found the wave once at KB but they had sold the only Tarkin. Has anyone around Metro Atlanta, Ga seen them or the 51-53 and 56? I need help finding those along with the black clone pilot and some red guards. If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Kidhuman
08-18-2005, 12:10 AM
I have found this wave multiple times. Hooked about 4 people from the boards up with them. Havent seen them since though.

CowherPower
08-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Interesting detective work on my part. On a rebelscum post dated 7/22/05, I found the following message:

"Well, what a fine day in the Springs for Star Wars collecting! This morning I hit up the Target on Academy and Platte, they had #'s 51-53 (finally got my Zett and Utapaun Warrior), AND they had #'s 45-47! I snagged myself a white-face Tills. This was at about 10:30am and there were about 4 sets of each of those two waves (minus a Zett and Utapaun, and a Tills).

Now, I just got back from the North Academy Target (Academy and Union) and 2x of each of the new Unleashed were out! I picked up a Vader for myself, so there was 1 Vader and 2x Asajj Ventress and 2x Yoda vs. Palpy at around 2:30pm."

Good luck!

Now, I thought that the repacks of the Tarkin wave were shipping with the Zett wave. If not, I'm just a dumb @ss and this guy's fing can be explained by old cases of the original tarkin wave being mixed in with new cases of the Zett Wave (2 separate cases). If so, and I'm not a dumb @ss, then did this guy find one of the new cases containing both the Tarkin and Zett waves that contained the white faced Tills?? Maybe So. Maybe Hasbro already produced all these figures, no one ordered them, so now they are packing both versions of the tills in the new cases.

It will be mine . . . Oh yes . . . it will be mine . . .

CowherPower
08-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Note: please replace "fing" with "finding" above. Thanks

Slicker
08-22-2005, 04:04 PM
As far as I know the Tarkin wave isn't shipping with the Zett wave. I believe that the Zett wave is just getting shipped with older figs like Vader. That is if I'm not mistaken.

BTW, you can fix your posts by clicking the "Edit" button on the bottom right of your post.:D

CrunchyNug
08-22-2005, 04:18 PM
I have spotted the Tarkin wave as recently as last Saturday 8/20 at my local Los Angeles Walmart. I was there at opening and there were several of them.

El Chuxter
08-22-2005, 04:34 PM
I thought Meena was going to pegwarm hard. This wave hit several stores in the area on the same day about two months ago. I kept finding the remnants: one or two Ask Aaks and a half dozen Meenas at each store. However, the Meenas vanished within a couple of days, and I've not seem them since.

Similar to the natural law (delineated by Gaiman and Pratchett) that any cassette left in a car for more than 24 hours will become Queen's Greatest Hits, I believe any ROTS figure left on the peg for more than 24 hours becomes a Neimoidian Warrior. I swear there are more of that dope on the pegs at one local WM than could have possibly been produced. He's making Malakili look like an amateur.

CowherPower
08-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Do you think what he found could have been a couple leaked cases of this wave?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85174E1

if so, then it would seem to indicate that both versions of tills will soon be shipping again.

Punkreject
08-22-2005, 05:16 PM
I actually came across that case the other day or at least from what i could tell, that's the case it was. They had 1 blue guard along with most of those figures...missing one of the senators but I finally got Tarkin. They were all on the shelves...they also had 2 red guards too so I don't know.

Jayspawn
08-23-2005, 10:22 AM
No sign of the Tarkin wave here in CO. I'm sure he'll pop up sometime, but it seems the Zett wave skipped right over them.

Hellboy
08-23-2005, 04:06 PM
This wave really has been quite illusive. I usually find every new figure at some point but to this day I've never seen Tarkin in stores. I did however see the senators once and I grabbed them but I would've gladly traded both for one Tarkin. I'm hoping he turns up down the road at some point but seeing as how most people missed him the first time around I'd imagine he'll be just as hard to find in another wave.

Hellboy
08-23-2005, 05:48 PM
FYI this wave is now up at HasbroToyShop.com

JT has posted links in the Just Found Internet section of the forums for those who want to go directly to these figures.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29629

Better hurry, good luck. :)

bobafrett
08-24-2005, 06:28 AM
I have one Tarkin figure from that wave. I really don't want another for a guy who makes such a brief apperance in ROTS. Give me the Peter Cushing version!

UKWildcat
08-24-2005, 09:55 AM
I too have only seen this wave once and I frequently visit Target and Walmart. I'm glad I picked them up when I did. I'm still hoping to see them again so I can pick up doubles of each figure. I now know I should have picked up 2 of each when I found them initially. Since WM had sooo many I thought they were going to be easy to find. :frus:

tagmac
08-24-2005, 10:06 AM
People can relax. According to EE, these figures will be showing up in future case assortments with the 12 new figures. I just hope this means the Clone figures will still be easy to find - I kinda' liked those two assortments with only the 12 new ones better. (Although at least the blue clone is still gonna ship at 2 and 3 per case).

dindae
08-24-2005, 12:11 PM
As of right now they are on HasbroToyShop.com. Of course that could change any second.

mikey1974
08-24-2005, 12:48 PM
we only got 1 case of this at wal-mart here.....picked up the mon calamari senator (who's name escapes me at the moment),but haven't found ask aak or tarkin since......

bobafrett
08-24-2005, 01:07 PM
we only got 1 case of this at wal-mart here.....picked up the mon calamari senator (who's name escapes me at the moment),but haven't found ask aak or tarkin since......

That's because the Mon Calamari Senator has been showing up in another case assortment.

PloKoon2385
08-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Found this wave when it first hit at TRU... Have not seen it since (except for once at another TRU the day after...).

mastermatt24
08-24-2005, 01:20 PM
I still havennt seen a single one :cry:

ndjedi
08-26-2005, 01:24 AM
"Governor Tarkin, I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board."
I FINALLY found the Tarkin wave tonight at my local WM! Tarkin looks cool, yet mean, and Ask Aak and Meena Tills are well painted with lots of attention to detail. They only got in two cases of this wave marked as C1W5R2. I don't want to open them up because they were hard to come by! I know my friend is going to buy up the last set of this wave, thanks Gab for the heads up! Now I can finally say that I now have #1-56 of the ROTS action figures! How this wave eluded me all summer, until early this morning! I hope all you guys find this hard to find wave also, Happy Hunting!

AmanaMatt
08-26-2005, 11:20 PM
At my local Walmart, I scored a sole Tarkin fig @ about 6:30pm - no sign of the aliens from that wave - since Tarkin was a cameo, he really wasn't a priority on my list, but did pick him up as it is a nice look fig - a bit lacking in color in the face, but nice sculpt.

Veers
08-28-2005, 09:59 PM
I found this wave only at Target. Have not seen it since.