PDA

View Full Version : Hit WalMart Hard!

CowherPower
08-18-2005, 10:48 AM
If anyone is looking for new figures, hit walmart hard in the next few days. last night (in WV) they unloaded 14 cases of various case assortments. This morning the walmart was overflowing with black clones, green clone commanders, anakin on mustafars, bacaras, at-ae tank gunners, zett, antilles, utapaun and red royal guard.

However, those damn tarkin wave figures were still no where to be found.

El Chuxter
08-18-2005, 02:25 PM
I hit Wal-Mart hard this morning. I broke my hand. As I was moaning in pain, an elderly woman walked out the doors and said, "Welcome to Wal-Mart."

DarthQuack
08-18-2005, 02:26 PM
:D to chux

I went there as well found Tarkin Wave minus Tarkin himself, also scored green clone commander.

shammykenobi
08-18-2005, 02:36 PM
I found a pilot obi-wan the other night at my wal-mart...nothing else though...and I found a bunch of anakin evolution sets...

Battle Droid
08-18-2005, 02:47 PM
I like to hit the Wal-Mart employees sometimes.

Rogue II
08-18-2005, 03:10 PM

Me too. That's why I love those Self Check out lanes. Now I dont' have to talk to Walmart employees anymore!

El Chuxter
08-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Me too. That's why I love those Self Check out lanes. Now I dont' have to talk to Walmart employees anymore!

They actually work there? At mine, almost every time I get an "Item Not Found" error. Yet when I scanned the same item on the floor, and when I take it to a human cashier after giving up on the automated checkout, it comes up with no problem. What, are these on different systems or something?

:whip:

Blackened88
08-18-2005, 03:45 PM
I wish my Walmart had the Self Check Out lines, Kmart had it for awhile but I guess people stole alot so they stopped.

acave
08-18-2005, 04:25 PM
I found seth vs jedi evolution sets at my wal-mart

Rogue II
08-18-2005, 04:27 PM
They actually work there? At mine, almost every time I get an "Item Not Found" error. Yet when I scanned the same item on the floor, and when I take it to a human cashier after giving up on the automated checkout, it comes up with no problem. What, are these on different systems or something?

:whip:

The 2 WMs I go to usually have working self check out lanes. The ATM doesn't always work, but they are open with hand made "CASH ONLY" signs taped in excess somewhere in the lane. But, with the creation of the self check out, there is a new enemy: Customers who don't know how to use them. :upset: So, there is a science in picking the right lane. You have to consider the intelligence of not only the employees, but also the other customers.

On a side note, has anyone ever witnessed the freak show of other customers that shop at Walmart during obscure hours? (usually between 10pm and 4 am)

Slicker
08-18-2005, 04:37 PM
On a side note, has anyone ever witnessed the freak show of other customers that shop at Walmart during obscure hours? (usually between 10pm and 4 am)I work between those hours so on the weekend I prowl during those hours and I always see FAMILIES, yes entire families kids and all in there after midnight grocery shopping. They must thing that the prices are lower in the middle of the night or something. I'd like to hit those parents hard!:hurt::whip:

JawaJoe
08-18-2005, 04:40 PM
On a side note, has anyone ever witnessed the freak show of other customers that shop at Walmart during obscure hours? (usually between 10pm and 4 am)

Hahaha. I thought I was the only one that noticed that.

Umbra
08-18-2005, 04:52 PM
I really owuld like to hit my wal-mart hard...right in the face. They still have Jack **** there -_-

El Chuxter
08-18-2005, 05:08 PM
There is truly a freakshow at night.

Something else that's scary: stop by at night or early in the morning (around 7) and get in line, and there will be at least one hideously ugly older woman buying cartfulls of baby clothes and skimpy lingerie.

I just can't figure it out.

wedge1968
08-18-2005, 05:26 PM
What can't you figure out? The skimpy lingerie leads to babies. Makes sense to me.

Oh...you want to know who gets conned by the lingerie long enough to get to step two. Got it.

Rogue II
08-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Ok, good, it's not just me. There is one WM I quit going to here in Vegas. It isn't exactly in the best part of town. There is a decent sized Adult-book store down the street and most of the neighboring businesses have bars in their windows. Oh, and there has been a shooting and a fatal stabbing there in the past year and a half. Finally, the Las Vegas Motor speedway is just a mile or so away on the edge of town and just beyond that are people who live in their cars and vans.

The one near my house isn't nearly as bad, plus, they have been getting new stuff in lately. Granted, there is still a good collection of peg warmers there (Mas Ameda anyone?)

Moral of the story: If you do live near a 24 hour Wal-Mart, make sure it is relatively safe prior to going to see the free freak show.

Kidhuman
08-18-2005, 05:47 PM
I am usually one of those freaks raiding cases at midnight in WM.

Actually, in the last 18 hours I have struck a gold mine in WM. 9 black pilots(bought 5) 3 green commanders(2) Red Guard, AT-TE gunner(for Solo), and today of all things, the CLone Evolution set. Lovely.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-18-2005, 06:13 PM
I went to a reset WM this PM and found tons of newer stuff, but they still didn't have some of the stuff you guys are describing (black pilots, shockies, Tarkin wave). Instead of red guards they had blue. Kind of interesting.

I wonder if sales of trailer cleaner, NASCAR memorabilia, and wife beater T-shirts increase at WM from 12 am to 5 am...

Slicker
08-18-2005, 06:47 PM
I wonder if sales of trailer cleaner, NASCAR memorabilia, and wife beater T-shirts increase at WM from 12 am to 5 am...lollol Holy crap Man Can that's too much. And the sad part is I didn't even take a second to get a visualization in my head.:yes:

As for WM. The one near my house has about 15 figs and 14 of 'em are Nemo Warriors and it's really pathetic.. The one 30 minutes from my house had all of the new figs. I hate wasting the gas but it's worth it to get new stuff.

Rogue II
08-18-2005, 07:17 PM
I wonder if sales of trailer cleaner, NASCAR memorabilia, and wife beater T-shirts increase at WM from 12 am to 5 am...

...and smokes. There is always a line at the counter where they keep the smokes. I know this not because I smoke, but because sometimes it is the only line open and the cashier can never find the the pack the guy is looking for. No, no, to the left...er..to the right...yeah, no, up, yeah, left...ummm SMASH! :whip:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2005, 08:04 PM
While looking for stuff on a trip back from Nebraska to Colorado, we stopped off at the North Platte WM, which is apparently "Hick Capital of the World." One of the guys in the parking lot had a shirt that said, and I sh*t you not, "Blow Me," in huge red letters. Now that, my friends, is the epitome of class.

star junky
08-18-2005, 08:08 PM
INSTEAD OF "HOW MAY I HELP YOU" ON THEIR BLUE SMOCKS, IT SHOULD READ " I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT STAR WARS-SO DON'T ASK ME ANYTHING". AND THEY SHOULD WEAR HUNTER ORANGE FOR THE TOY DEPARTMENT SO YOU CAN SEE THEM SNEAKING UP ON YOU AS YOUR OPENING CASES OF TOYS LATE AT NIGHT. WHICH I FOUND OUT IS A NO-NO.
I ASKED AN EMPLOYEE LAST NIGHT AS HE WAS STOCKING A PALLET OF NEW TOYS IF THEY GOT ANY EVOLUTION CASES IN YET. HE SAID WE SURE DID. I THOUGHT COOL ,BUT AS I WAS WALKING WITH HIM TO THE SW SECTION I WAS THINKING TO MYSELF HOW DID I MISS SEING THEM, THEN AS HE STOPPED AND POINTED TO THE UNLEASHED, I SHOOK MY HEAD AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF AFTER YEARS OF COLLECTING, I SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO ASK FOR ANYTHING!!!!:rolleyes:

mastermatt24
08-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey thanks for the tip! I went and found someone's stash of 4 At-Rt drivers. :D

jimmymiro12
08-18-2005, 09:25 PM
If anyone gets the clone trooper evolution set I will be willing to trade for something.

jimmymiro12

bobafrett
08-18-2005, 10:30 PM

I'm a Wal-Mart employee, and if you take a swing at me, your going to get knocked down on your bottom! :mad: DON'T HIT WAL-MART EMPLOYEES, THEY JUST MIGHT POST HERE!

bobafrett
08-18-2005, 10:34 PM

Before I started working for Wally World, I used to sit up front in the exit door area with my good freind, and we would watch the strange mix, but the store was only open until 10, so we probably missed the best of them. :grin:

shammykenobi
08-18-2005, 10:40 PM
I too have experienced the wal-mart freak show late at night...anyway, tonite I went to my wal-mart and found about four cases of un-opened episode 3 figs...so I tore into there looking for new stuff and pretty much found everything that everyone else has mentioned except for clone evolution sets...at least four different wal-mart employees passed by me and didn't say anything...but then I noticed the guy at the paint counter was looking at me rather suspiciouslly...but I made it out with three figures i was looking for and no one bothered me so I guess I was lucky.

Luuuuuuke
08-19-2005, 12:35 AM

Ever notice how many people are suddenly crippled the moment they walk into Wal-Mart. I never see anyone in a wheelchair actually ride into Wal-Mart, but the moment I'm in there, there's like 10 chunky people riding those carts like they just realized, "By gawd, I'm disabled!!!"

With all the heedless employees pushing Kodiak bear-sized pallets of stock and all the crap they leave blocking aisles, and all the stuff the cram on the top of the shelves, and motorized shoppers, it's dangerous to shop at Wal-Mart late at night.

kool-aid killer
08-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Yeah, it does seem common for rougher looking people to be at Walmarts past midnight. But i go in late sometimes, so whats that say about me? I really dont ask Walmart employees about toys, simply because they probably dont really care and therefore arent educated on whats due out or the various things that are released. Its silly to think an employee should be obligated to know whats going on in our hobby.

redbeardedjedi
08-19-2005, 03:42 AM
Yeah, it does seem common for rougher looking people to be at Walmarts past midnight. But i go in late sometimes, so whats that say about me? I really dont ask Walmart employees about toys, simply because they probably dont really care and therefore arent educated on whats due out or the various things that are released. Its silly to think an employee should be obligated to know whats going on in our hobby.
I also like to go in late for two reasons:
1) That's when they restock....so I can kinda look and see what they are putting out on the shelves and how close they're getting to working on items I might be interested in.
2) There usually aren't that many people there. Huge gatherings of people make me kinda nervous so going to a Wal-Mart in the mad rush that is daytime doesn't really work for me.

As far as employees knowing things...I think it is their responsibility to know everything, but they should know a little something about the items deemed popular, top sellers. I'm not asking them to know the specs, but knowing whether they have it and what it looks like seems resonable.

Jango Speck
08-19-2005, 06:04 AM
While looking for stuff on a trip back from Nebraska to Colorado, we stopped off at the North Platte WM, which is apparently "Hick Capital of the World." One of the guys in the parking lot had a shirt that said, and I sh*t you not, "Blow Me," in huge red letters. Now that, my friends, is the epitome of class.

Usually when I see people like that, they are with their wife/girlfriend, and have at least one kid in their arms, a cigarette blowing into their kid's face, and a couple more kids following behind/loading the car.

In general, I find that Wal Mart is a freak show 24/7. I've seen swap-meets with more class, cleaner displays and safer aisles. Everytime I go, from the parking lot to the inside, it's like some scene from a disaster movie: everyone running around buying in a frenzy because a hurricane or aliens are coming to destroy the town.

CaptainSolo1138
08-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Usually when I see people like that, they are with their wife/girlfriend, and have at least one kid in their arms, a cigarette blowing into their kid's face, and a couple more kids following behind/loading the car.

You forgot that the wife/girlfriend, who also has the dangling cig, is preggers, too.

INSTEAD OF "HOW MAY I HELP YOU" ON THEIR BLUE SMOCKS, IT SHOULD READ " I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT STAR WARS-SO DON'T ASK ME ANYTHING".
I think it should say "I know absolutley nothing about none of the products, and whats more, I don't know where it's located in the store. Wait a minute?!?! How did you find me?!?! I'm a WalMart employee! I hide from people so I don't have to answer questions like that!". Granted, it'd be a huge vest, but chances are it would fit the person wearing it just fine. No offense, Mr. frett, but WalMart drives me nuts. (P.S. Bro, lay off the caps :thumbsup: )

If you like the whack jobs that hang out at WalMart at nite, take a trip to Meijer, too. I think they leave WalMart and head over there. You walk into the magazine aisle and there's fifteen people in cut-offs and NASCAR shirts reading either Guns and Ammo (which cracks me up. Meijer won't carry Maxim or Stuff because they're "offensive", but shooting people in the face from 600 yards is OK :rolleyes: ) or Field and Stream. Plus, they have the grocery shopping family and lazy-a**-in-a-wheelchair-guy.

Rocketboy
08-19-2005, 10:55 AM
There are 2 reasons to go to WalMart (or Meijers) very late at night:
Less kids and the freak show is endlessly entertaining.

Rogue II
08-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Its silly to think an employee should be obligated to know whats going on in our hobby.

I'll totally agree with that. I don't think I've ever asked an employee of WM (or Target or TRU for that matter) about Star Wars toys. There was one occasion where I met an employee (I think at TRU) who was also a collector. He saw me looking at the SW toys and started telling me about what came in and what they were expecting.

jaxx
08-19-2005, 11:55 AM
I really don't know of any Wal*Marts that are opened 24 hours in the suburbs of Chicago. The freak show definitely has to take place in Meijers around me.

I've only had minimal luck with Wal*Marts as of late. In early April, it was a piece of cake to find anything. Since then, the only time I've had luck is when someone helped me out and held some items for me... (Thank you)... but, other than that, I've only seen the regular three pegwarmers in bulk! No evos, battlepacks, newer figs, or any vehicles bigger than the Boga.
I go to three in my immediate area, and one that's on my way home from work, and unless I get help, I seem to get to the store too late to get anything new (because of my work schedule... 9-5). I even call from work in the mornings, and no one has anything. It's really frustrating, but it's not just Wal*Mart by me... it's every store.

Punkreject
08-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Just back got back from walmart and I found a lot of new stuff. I think they must have just unloaded some cases. I picked up 2 red guards, antilles, zett, 2 Utapaun Warriors, and finally TARKIN! They had tons left of antilles, zett, and the warriors, 1 of the Senators, 1 blue guard, and 2 anakin mustafars left. Good luck everyone, walmart is definitely the place to go right now.

Slicker
08-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Well, I just got back from WM and next time I go I'm taking my digi cam to take pics of the freaks and geeks. Apparently not all of them got the memo about only going to WM after midnight.

The one that I really liked was the lady that had her about 5 year old kid in the seat of the basket. That's all find and dandy but sitting directly next to the kid was a big jug of Clorox bleach. I wanted to say something to her so bad, not because I gave two s**ts about her kid, but because I don't want some bleach drinking window licking retard serving me McDonalds in 15 years. Are people really that stupid?

wedge1968
08-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Jaxx,

There is an all night Wal-Mart in Plano (southwest of Aurora and Naperville on Rt. 34). I don't think it is worth the trip, however, now that gas prices are through the roof.

Kidhuman
08-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Got a Vedaer unleashed today at WM. They had just sold out of all the Evo packs before I got there including the Sith pack.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Just so this is on topic, I found the Tarkin wave (finally) at a WM today.

Just so this is on the topic everyone wants to discuss, the WMs in my area have the frequent whack-job loser individual/family but they also have tons of high school and college freshmen wandering around at all hours. I live near two 30K+ student universities so there are always early 20-somethings walking around like its the mall or something. "Hey Amber, let's go check out the houseware department." Does that explain how exciting the area is where I live?

Kidhuman
08-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Man Can you and I are in the same boat with the Colleges.

jaxx
08-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Jaxx,

There is an all night Wal-Mart in Plano (southwest of Aurora and Naperville on Rt. 34). I don't think it is worth the trip, however, now that gas prices are through the roof.

No doubt... I filled my car up half way yesterday, and it cost me $26... and my car doesn't have the biggest gas tank in the world, it's an Accord. Still, I'm not sure how far away Plano is from where I'm at, but I might still want to take a trip if they have stuff. Wal*Mart has no love for me lately!

they also have tons of high school and college freshmen wandering around at all hours... so there are always early 20-somethings walking around like its the mall or something... Does that explain how exciting the area is where I live?

That was totally me in college. I went to college in South Carolina, so... not exactly the Chicago night life there. After we hit the bars and clubs, we'd hit Wal*Mart to get some snacks and any other random stuff that we really didn't need... like kung fu movies for $5, silly string, water guns and balloons, gold fish, etc. Y'know... the usual stuff... :silly:

LTBasker
08-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Fortunately here there aren't alot of late night shoppers, especially if you go in the AM. 2-3 people MIGHT be there, 4-5 if it's the weekend.

I prefer it much more for several reasons:
1. Don't have to worry about idiots in the parking lot
2. More parking spaces
3. No screaming children (even if they're there, they're too tired to scream)
4. No huge groups of people chattering in the middle of high-traffic spots
5. Toy section is usually less of a mess and sometimes freshly stocked!

The only real downside to me is that layaway isn't open late. :\

Unfortunately figures haven't been showing up here too well, but I was able to get everything from the Antilles wave I needed. Deluxe have hit hard in my area though. Both Wal-Marts closest to me got: 4x White Clone 3-packs (yes, 8 in total), 2x Vulture Droids, 1x Jetpack Clone, 1x Table Vader, 1x Stass Allie. I'm not sure if that's an actual case assortment or not, but both Wal-Marts got exactly that.

bobafrett
08-19-2005, 11:35 PM
I think it should say "I know absolutley nothing about none of the products, and whats more, I don't know where it's located in the store. Wait a minute?!?! How did you find me?!?! I'm a WalMart employee! I hide from people so I don't have to answer questions like that!". Granted, it'd be a huge vest, but chances are it would fit the person wearing it just fine. No offense, Mr. frett, but WalMart drives me nuts. (P.S. Bro, lay off the caps :thumbsup: )

Were you talking to me? I notice another poster here who's entire post was entirely in caps, perhaps the one you quoted. I just did one sentence in caps to try to make a point. We do have employees who do go out of their way to make sure you don't find them. However, we also have employees who are more than willing to help. Believe me, our store is short staffed on weekends, I have had to cover sporting goods, and at the same time cover hardware, and toys and automotive. Now you get to after church time, say around noon, you have a crowd of people pulling you in five different directions, asking for help when you are helping another customer, while someone needs you to mix paints, and another person needs a dozen keys made, and you are the only one there to do it. You call for assistance, and no one comes, you have someone who wants to purchase ammo, yet you don't have your F.O.I.D. card, no one working on Sunday does, then see what kinda happy employee you would be. I was lucky enough to become a bike builder for our store. I get to stand in the corner of the warehouse, play my music on a radio, and build bikes. Very little customer interaction, unless someone needs a brake adjusted, or a seat raised or lowered. The pain was this past week when we had our main builder off on sick leave, and two other builders each on vacation, leaving me to fill and build bikes. Not an easy task, in fact impossible as we sell them faster than I can build them. So to all you Wal-Mart employee bashers, you are only partly right. There are some decent employees out there.

Back on topic: My store got several cases with the black suited clone pilot. I noticed that the case they came in though was not the same as the other waves. In fact, I didn't even notice a wave listed on the box. Just a giant "Action Figures SW EP III" or something rather simple like that.

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 01:10 AM
In fact, I didn't even notice a wave listed on the box. Just a giant "Action Figures SW EP III" or something rather simple like that.

I noticed that the other night also. WHat irks me is that they changed it and I possibly passed over more figures while pallet raiding looking for the wrong type of boxes. At least I know now.

Veers
08-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

DarthZylek
08-20-2005, 04:35 PM
What are the wave numbers on cases that have the shock troopers in them?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2005, 05:29 PM
My WM must have been in the middle of rearranging the SW section, since there haven't been more than 30 figures for nearly a month there now and they moved most of the non-basic figure stuff back into the regular figure aisle, where SW once was.

I also don't think that you should expect anyone to know about the figures. I mean, if you worked at WM or somewhere like that, would you take the time to figure out when everything came in for every toy line? I don't give a rat's *ss about any of the other lines so if someone asked me (if I worked there) I wouldn't really know what to tell them.

DarthQuack
08-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Here's a question for a WM employee. What are the white pieces of paper that sometimes hang in the toy sections? Plans to re-arrange or re-stock?

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 06:13 PM
They are the plan-o-grams for the resets.

Slicker
08-20-2005, 06:29 PM
They are the plan-o-grams for the resets.Someone used to work retail I take it. I hated doing plan-o-grams when it came that time. Only thing is I didn't stock toys I had to build and put on the shelves entertainment centers and computer desks at K-Mart, Meijers, WM, and Best Buy. Just a bit heavier than toys.

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I did retail security(L.P.) for ten years. :beard:

bobafrett
08-21-2005, 05:44 PM
I noticed that the other night also. WHat irks me is that they changed it and I possibly passed over more figures while pallet raiding looking for the wrong type of boxes. At least I know now.

I found 5 more boxes just like that today. They did have a very small number on the box, an assortment of Characters, Grevious, Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2, all the early numbered figures. I believe it was the one I picked my Sith eyed Anakin out of. The letters SW EPIII are larger, but I almost passed it over too, since it was unlike the regular boxed figures.

vulcantouch
08-21-2005, 07:37 PM
shammy: "employees passed by me and didn't say anything"
-that's been my usual experience too; after all by diggin thru unopened cases we're savin them the trouble of shelving whatever we find, which perhaps they realize- an unexpectedly pragmatic attitude on their part :)

wedge: "all night Wal-Mart in Plano"
-was it there 6 years ago? if so i might've hit that one back then- in middle of nite no less ;)

slick: "families kids and all in there after midnight"
-if they work the swing shift like my brother does, it might be the only time they can get stuff done :zzz:

speck: "Wal Mart is a freak show 24/7"
-agreed: day or night it seems walmart's one of the few places i go that seems to both attract "that element" and bring it out in borderline cases. the latter bugs me far more than the former: wm seems to encourage the latter to let their inner brain-dead middle-american slob shine thru. i estimate the net iq and sq (style quotient) drops a good dozen at the parking lot border as a result- and another dozen at the door :p when you typically stick to the stylin/historical/intelligentsia parts of town (which of course have their own annoyances) like i do, you really notice the diff :p
when b'jr (http://r2toyforce.net/sabretooth.htm) & i have bigscreen movienites (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=2216&page=1) at his subterralair we sometimes stop first at this nearby mega-lo-sprawlmart which opened within the last year. half the time i hope i Won't find anything cuz if we do the lines (even for self-checkout) take so damn long it impacts even our loose evening schedule (hope you don't have a return; service desk lines're even Longer) :p also they close their non-food entrance at 10pm which means after that they expect you go all the way around to the grocery end to get in or out (with only a greety old-timer running interference? then those doors better be locked :evil: ) which Naturally is the opposite end of the store from the toyz. this wm's reputed to be the world's largest yet, and they can't afford to man the 2 entrances Or put on more cashiers? and their parking always sucks too :p target's parking's always a-ok so what's the problem?
the one thing i do like about this one is Huge numbers of what used to be called "wetback" (i'm half-mexican so i get to use that term as an endearment :) ) customers Inundate the place which no doubt makes witewal-trash patrons and staffers uncomfortable :D
vt

bobafrett
08-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh, and BTW, I did help a guy who came in the other day. I brought out two boxes for him, one had figures, the other one had the 1 set of Clonetrooper Evolutions. I found he posted on Rebelscum.

CaptainSolo1138
08-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Were you talking to me? I notice another poster here who's entire post was entirely in caps, perhaps the one you quoted. I just did one sentence in caps to try to make a point.I was talking about the other fella, frett.
We do have employees who do go out of their way to make sure you don't find them. However, we also have employees who are more than willing to help. Believe me, our store is short staffed on weekends, I have had to cover sporting goods, and at the same time cover hardware, and toys and automotive. Now you get to after church time, say around noon, you have a crowd of people pulling you in five different directions, asking for help when you are helping another customer, while someone needs you to mix paints, and another person needs a dozen keys made, and you are the only one there to do it. You call for assistance, and no one comes, you have someone who wants to purchase ammo, yet you don't have your F.O.I.D. card, no one working on Sunday does, then see what kinda happy employee you would be.Hey, man, I used to work at Target. You're preaching to the choir :D

I don't for a second doubt that there are, in fact, good employees at WM. There has to be or the company wouldn't be where it is now. The point I was making, though, was that I've never seen any. Maybe being rude and waaaaay less than helpful is only in the Michigan WalMart employee's handbook.

star gazer
08-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Hi guys and gals. Although this is my first post I have lurked here for quite some time now. I just had to chime in on this a little. I am from northern Oklahoma and can say there are no walmarts putting out anything new. However a fellow collector and myself went to Wichita Kansas this past weekend and did the running search and found for the most part the walmarts had new stuff. The evolution anakin, Darth vader 500, and all the clones up to 56(except for tarkin, mena tillis, and askaak) After a full day of searching we went to the Derby walmart and met a very helpful store employee who was very knowledgable about all the star wars items. Even asked if we had seen any of the Shocktroopers. We replyed not in any stores he then said he had a ton in back and with a little grin went and got one case for us. We scarfed up the shock trooper and green clone commander like two kids in a candy store. He said he could not put out any more because the pegs had to be empty enough to hold the figures. I asked if I could just buy the whole case and he said sure! So needless to say I met a great employee and fellow collector who was more interested in helping out the cause rathing than scalping. Great weekend. And yes I bought the case.