PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive Micro's in Europe?

AndyW
08-19-2005, 01:35 PM
I've just read a comment buried deep within a thread on Rebelscum that leds me to think the Target Exclusives are being sold in Toy'R'Us stores over here.

The posts state a couple of times that the microline ships and the playsets are being sold within France, anyone know how we can confirm this? Sicqnus, have you sighted these in your part of the country? I'm going to check out the two local stores tomorrow to see if I can spot them, fingers crossed, would be a great thrill to find them.

I've not checked out Le Grand Recre for sometime, but when I did, the star wars stuff was all more or less gone, no re-stocking, mainly Star Wars lego really. However, according to what I've been reading, Toy's R Us here are re-stocking stuff fairly often, so there might be a chance these have made it over. I don't really go in TRU very often as its out of town for me.

I'll let you guys know what I find tomorrow!

britcit3
08-20-2005, 01:53 AM
They are selling wave 1 in Toys R Us - the one in Preston has them practically falling off the pegs it has son many.

Only wave 1 though - but did see the invisible hand playset.

BC3

AndyW
08-20-2005, 03:25 AM
Yeah, I wondered if it were Wave 1. They are also selling those at the entertainer according to a friend back in the UK. I might pick those up if they are going cheap.

Going to have a look now to see what I can find, wish me luck.

AndyW
08-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Right, this is Master AndyW reporting in:

TRU had the Micro line ships, but sadly they were the first rehash wave, none of the Wave 2 ROTS ships. The also had the playsets, but only the Tantine IV. I was very surprised, the playset wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought they looked in the pics, and I can see kids liking them, they are eye grabbing when seen on the shelves, and they look a quality product. And 30 doesn't seem to bad for them, I decide against it as it wasn't really for me, I don't like the 'play' element, too fussy for me, although it was a little tempting in order to get the Theta Class Shutte. I resisted though.

Now, back to the Micro line. This is my first view up close of them and boy was I shocked at just how bad they are. The B-Wing looked the best of the lot, but that was still bad. The falcon was terrible and the A-wing was shocking, simply shocking. I was thinking about picking them up in the uk for cheap but certainly not at the 15 a pack they had them up for today, and even if they were cheap, I'm not sure I could go through with it. About the only plus points were the packaging, really eye catching, nice design and the fact that they were almost sold out.

I'm not particularly fond of Hasbro, but nor do I particularly dislike them, I am pleased with the bits and bobs that are out, and although I doubt I will ever forgive them for cancelling the best looking Wave of Action Fleets (Delta 7 Jedi Fighter, Mon Cal Cruiser, A-Wing), I tend not to get to bothered about them. However, they really have missed the ball with the Micro line (which is funny as at the same time they are getting the Titaniums so right), they looked awful, made even worse by the fact that from a distance they got me quite excited.

And lastly, the surprises of the trip. First, Titaniums. Yes, Titaniums. Wave 1 only though, but there they were. I may have mentioned before, I've seen this retail in France before, but they were in a Comic Book Shop/Collectors shop and they were around 20. Silly money. These were up for a very respectable 8 each. More than retail in the US, but for the product, worth it I think. They'd got the Falcon, TIE, X-Wing and Slave 1.

I was very tempted, but I'm happy with the later waves, I may pick them up if they are still there in a few months, just incase in the future anyone needs these. The packaging was lovely, a real buy me item, I can see why these are flying off walmart shelves. Sadly though, there were loads of them, a full shelf, and they were a little hidden too. I searched the shelves well, there were no more modern waves hiding somewhere.

Next surprise, Action Fleet! Just the AT-TE and the greatest lemon in AF history, Dooku's Solar gin palace. Didn't pick them up as I already have an AT-TE, but it was tempting all the same. If anyone needs this, let me know and we'll work something out. Its a really underated AF in my opinion.

All in all, interesting little trip. May start checking out TRU more often. Oh, and they'd also got the Revell Model kits in there for a little cheaper than when I found them in May.

JediGoofy
08-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Part of the Micro line is available in Italy too. :shocked: In the Auchan superstores. :pleased:
What is available: Micro vehicles wave 1 at 7.90 each and Micro playset Tantive IV at 29.90. :)
It is amazing we got these, but I highly doubt we will ever see the other vehicles waves or the other playsets. :(
No Toys'R'Us in my area, so I do not know if they have something from the Micro or the Titanium lines.

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. AndyW, I read you found the Titanium first wave in France. As I am looking for those 4 vehicles, and they reached insane prices on eBay, I was wondering if you could pick them up for me. Of course I will pay all your expenses. Only if it is easy for you, I do not want to bother you in any way. Thank you in any case.

AndyW
08-22-2005, 05:59 AM
Part of the Micro line is available in Italy too. :shocked: In the Auchan superstores. :pleased:
What is available: Micro vehicles wave 1 at 7.90 each and Micro playset Tantive IV at 29.90. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. AndyW, I read you found the Titanium first wave in France. As I am looking for those 4 vehicles, and they reached insane prices on eBay, I was wondering if you could pick them up for me. Of course I will pay all your expenses. Only if it is easy for you, I do not want to bother you in any way. Thank you in any case.

You have Auchan in Italy too, didn't know that. Also didn't know they were carrying them, might go look for them, thats a lot cheaper than TRU. Although I'd only get the B-wing set as the rest were awful.

As for Wave 1 Titaniums, I'd be happy to help you out, only problem is it'll be about a month before I can get out there again. I'll write down a reminder and pm you around then. They'd got plenty, except the X-Wing, of which there were only a few. If theres any chance I can get there earlier I'll try.

JediGoofy
08-24-2005, 06:09 AM
Thank you very much! :D

Ciao,
JediGoofy