Grand Admiral Thrawn
Mara Jade
Padmé (arctic suit)
Asajj Ventress
Quinlan Vos

I voted for Asajj Ventress.

Slicker
08-19-2005, 07:43 PM
I voted for Kir Kanos only because it would make a really good 12 incher. I would like to see them all in one shape or form but he just struck me as the best looking.

BTW, I like the way you vote. It's a pain but it keeps things honest unlike the Hasbro voting polls which were rigged.

TCC-1972
08-20-2005, 12:41 PM
My friend & I both voted for Kir Kanos.

Please God,don't let Mara Jade win! If she wins one of my friends will be talking about her non stop for weeks.

Oh the horror! :cry:

Reefer Shark
08-20-2005, 01:05 PM
I voted Kir Kanos. If he wasn't on the poll, it probably would have been Asajj.

I really wish Obi-Wan in clone armor was on the poll though.....

2-1B
08-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Padme ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :yes:

Kir Kanos ? Looks like a Royal Guard to me. lol lol lol

What is this integrity they speak of, can I vote several times from different email addresses ? (not that I would, just asking if they track IPs or whatever when you confirm the vote? :confused: )

Reefer Shark
08-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Kir Kanos ? Looks like a Royal Guard to me. lol lol lol

Exactly why I voted for him. ;)

I'm sure he would have the armor underneath his cloak as well as the double bladed weapon too. If the helmet is removeable to reveal his scarred up face, that would be the icing on the cake!

JimJamBonds
08-20-2005, 04:25 PM
I voted for Padme, Thrawn looks like a pic of Arnold from T2. lol

Turbowars
08-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Padme, all the way! Why, because it's as far away from EU as you can get. :yes: Question is, will she be a Cartoon sculpt or a more to life deal?

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 10:53 PM
I voted for Padme too. I wanted Thrawn but he looked like JJB the 2nd said to me also

AmanaMatt
08-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Kir Kanos - I am a Royal Guard fan, so this would be a great piece to have. I very much appreciate the voting requirements this time around....which should help have an accurate winner this time!

Garth Algar
08-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Padme, all the way! Why, because it's as far away from EU as you can get. :yes: Question is, will she be a Cartoon sculpt or a more to life deal?

sideshow said realistic, not a cartoon sculpt.

Turbowars
08-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Cool, where did it say that?

Garth Algar
08-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Cool, where did it say that?

on the sideshow forum.

General Grievous
08-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Exactly why I voted for him. ;)

I'm sure he would have the armor underneath his cloak as well as the double bladed weapon too. If the helmet is removeable to reveal his scarred up face, that would be the icing on the cake!

Indeed that would make him the perfect figure, thats exactly why I voted for him, heres hoping we get him! :D

JediTricks
08-21-2005, 07:00 PM
I am torn between Asajj and Kir Kanos, both are great choices if done right. Thrawn and Mara Jade might be interesting as well, but I'd have to wait to see what they have in mind with those.

I ended up voting Asajj and immediately realized that Kir would have been better. :p

Hellboy
08-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Kir Kanos got my vote. He isn't my favorite character of the bunch but I love the design of the Royal Guard and think he'd make for a very nice figure.

Thrawn probably would have been my second choice. I've seen enough of Asajj Ventress to last me for a while and I already have the CW Maquette of artic suit Padme so those were the least interesting choices to me. Quinlan Vos and Mara Jade would be cool too but I'd rather see Sideshow produce a character that isn't a Jedi the first time around.

The_Ventress
08-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Mara Jade is pretty boring. I voted for Asajj because, well, look at my name :p No really though, I think Asajj is definitely the most interesting character up there - both visually and stylistically.

Quinlan was my second choice...

mastermatt24
08-25-2005, 12:57 AM
I ended up voting Asajj and immediately realized that Kir would have been better. :p
Lol! same here.. BUT! I voted two more times with my different email addresses.. hehehe. (asajj, quinlan & kanos) :thumbsup:

Deoxyribonucleic
08-25-2005, 01:46 AM
I voted for Mara Jade! :whip:

Slicker
08-25-2005, 03:20 AM
Lol! same here.. BUT! I voted two more times with my different email addresses.. hehehe. (asajj, quinlan & kanos) :thumbsup:So in essence you pretty much nullified your votes by voting for almost all of them.:crazed:

mastermatt24
08-25-2005, 03:25 AM
Basicaly! lol :crazed:

JEDIpartner
08-25-2005, 12:36 PM
I voted for Padme. I really don't know what the big deal is with Asajj Ventress. *shrug*

CaptainSolo1138
08-25-2005, 02:27 PM
I voted for Padme.
So did I. Since I'll never be able to afford the statue, I figured I should do what I can to have some version of it.

Hellboy
08-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Latest vote results so far courtesy of Sideshow's Newsletter. I'm surprised Mara is in first but still its a pretty tight race.

1) Mara Jade with 1017 votes
2) Kir Kanos with 942 votes
3) Quinlan Vos with 711 votes
4) Asajj Ventress with 569 votes
5) Grand Admiral Thrawn with 567 votes
6) Padme with 555 votes

2-1B
08-27-2005, 01:43 AM
I'm surprised they are releasing the vote tally during the voting.

Hellboy
08-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Yeah I was surprised by that too. It'll be interesting to see if it effects the results. More people might decide to vote for someone that actually has a chance to win rather than wasting their vote on someone sitting at the bottom of the list. This could fare well for my choice Kir Kanos. :pleased:

mastermatt24
08-27-2005, 03:25 AM
How much is this statue gonna cost? :nerv:

Slicker
08-27-2005, 03:50 AM
I'm glad to see Asajj sitting towards the back of the pack. But I'm surprised by Thrawn. I thought he'd be on top seeing as how he was one of the first EU characters to be given lots of story and fandom. If I'm not mistaken.

Kidhuman
08-27-2005, 11:28 AM
I am surprised Mara is leading. Padme is dead last which is a shocker as well.

2-1B
08-27-2005, 12:12 PM
That's only because the way TCC-1972 complained about it, we got the impression that Padme was running away with the vote. lol

Turbowars
08-27-2005, 06:33 PM
I'll tell you one thing, if Mara Jade wins I wont be buying it. I was excited to buy the 1st 12" SS figure, but it looks like I'll wait for the superior OT figures to come out.

Garth Algar
08-27-2005, 10:05 PM
the movie figures will be released before any EU figure.

they haven't begun work on the EU figure, but reports are they already have production samples of the movie figures back from china.

Turbowars
08-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Really, where are these reports?

Garth Algar
08-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Really, where are these reports?

sideshow employees with big mouths. :)

Turbowars
08-28-2005, 04:10 PM
sideshow employees with big mouths. :)Cool, I wish I would have run into these big mouths at the SDCC.

TCC-1972
08-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Personally I don't think any of them have a chance in hell against Mara Jade. It's simply TOO PREDICTABLE! The Star Wars fans are TOO PREDICTABLE. You can just look at that list & say Mara Jade will win! I hope she doesn't but let's face it,it's too damn predictable!

As soon as I saw the list of characters to choose from I said to my friend "looks like you're finally gonna get your wish! A 12" Mara Jade will be released from Sideshow pretty soon!"

Predictable all the way!:tired:

Hellboy
09-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Latest results from Sideshow have Asajj Ventress moving past Quinlan Vos to capture 3rd place and Kir Kanos closing the gap on Mara Jade.

1)Mara Jade with 1297 votes
2)Kir Kanos with 1211 votes
3)Asajj Ventress with 923 votes
4)Quinlan Vos with 885 votes
5)Grand Admiral Thrawn with 708 votes
6)Padme with 692 votes

2-1B
09-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Poor Padme . . . we gave it our best shot, girl. lol

Hellboy
09-24-2005, 03:10 AM
Looks like Padme is making a pretty respectable push while the gap between Mara Jade and Kir Kanos continues to hover around 100 votes.

Latest results:
1)Mara Jade: 1475
2)Kir Kanos: 1373
3)Asajj Ventress: 1142
4)Padme Amidala: 1098 (A JUMP OF NEAR 300 VOTES!!!)
5)Quinlan Vos: 1030
6)Grand Admiral Thrawn: 753

JediTricks
09-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Sounds like shenanigans. If she got that many more votes, why didn't Thrawn gain a similar proportion of votes? I don't mean they should have been the same, but that's a LOT of votes for Padme while Thrawn got nearly none in the same amount of time, that doesn't seem likely.

Turbowars
09-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Sounds like shenanigans. If she got that many more votes, why didn't Thrawn gain a similar proportion of votes? I don't mean they should have been the same, but that's a LOT of votes for Padme while Thrawn got nearly none in the same amount of time, that doesn't seem likely.You ain't kidding JT. We all will know if it's really shenanigans when she wins.:thumbsup: Maybe Hasbro is running the poll.:yes:

TCC-1972
09-25-2005, 03:25 AM
I find it hard to believe they're still getting that many votes. They probably aren't getting hardly any votes at all. Think about your average thread on any message board. If it's a good thread it might last a week,maybe 2 tops! Then people lose interest. I'm sure all the hardcore Star Wars collectors already voted. I don't believe they are still getting hundreds upon hundreds of votes. They're probably getting a few here & there! And there's no way in hell Padme just jumped from dead last to where she is now. I refuse to believe that one!

And to make things worse there's not one single human alive that you can trust. Who says we can trust sideshow to give us the honest poll results? I don't know anybody that works at Sideshow personally. We don't have a single good reason to trust them or the poll results!

This reminds me of The Running Man where they altered everything that was on TV & the viewers simply believed everything they saw.:rolleyes:

JediTricks
09-25-2005, 03:28 PM
You ain't kidding JT. We all will know if it's really shenanigans when she wins.:thumbsup: Maybe Hasbro is running the poll.:yes:
That was a good one Turbo! :D

mastermatt24
09-25-2005, 04:16 PM
We don't have a single good reason to trust them or the poll results!
Good point.. BUT why mess with the results? Would padme be easier to make then the rest?

Slicker
09-25-2005, 04:24 PM
This sounds the same as the Fan Choice polls where almost instantly after the voting ended they had a prototype to show kinda like they had planned on that figure winning the whole time.

TCC-1972
09-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Good point.. BUT why mess with the results? Would padme be easier to make then the rest?

They'll probably make Padme in the regular line anyway, so if they already have the headsculpt it would save them time & money right? So if Padme wins the poll they'll have the basic Padme figure ready for 500,000,000 different dresses in the future. EASY MONEY!!!!

TCC-1972
09-25-2005, 05:04 PM
This sounds the same as the Fan Choice polls where almost instantly after the voting ended they had a prototype to show kinda like they had planned on that figure winning the whole time.

Thats what I was thinking! Plus it would make sense for them to already be working on a Padme for the regular line.

Garth Algar
09-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Sounds like shenanigans. If she got that many more votes, why didn't Thrawn gain a similar proportion of votes? I don't mean they should have been the same, but that's a LOT of votes for Padme while Thrawn got nearly none in the same amount of time, that doesn't seem likely.

maybe that e-mail i sent to natalieportman.com asking them all to vote paid off? :)

JediTricks
09-27-2005, 09:01 PM
No link on their page that I can find.

Hellboy
10-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Time for another update.

Latest Results:
Mara Jade: 1541
Kir Kanos: 1421
Padme Amidala: 1274
Asajj Ventress: 1247
Quinlan Vos: 1094
Grand Admiral Thrawn: 940

2-1B
10-01-2005, 02:51 AM
Go Padme Go !

lol

JediTricks
10-01-2005, 03:13 PM
I think Sideshow may have just destroyed their line even before this launch, this is going to be a bad PR move for them.

Garth Algar
10-02-2005, 10:55 PM
I think Sideshow may have just destroyed their line even before this launch, this is going to be a bad PR move for them.

i don't understand this quote? why is it bad PR? because padme had a surge of votes? isn't that being a little cynical to think the vote is rigged?

the only thing that could destroy the line is poor quality.

Turbowars
10-02-2005, 11:15 PM
i don't understand this quote? why is it bad PR? because padme had a surge of votes? isn't that being a little cynical to think the vote is rigged?

the only thing that could destroy the line is poor quality.It's not like past polls (Hasbro's) haven't been rigged or hacked into in the past. So yeah some of us think it might be happening with SS.

Poor quality is defiantly NOT the only thing that can destroy this line. There's distribution, cost and SS decision on what characters to make that can send this line right back where Hasbro left off.

I can't wait to see what's coming though, I have faith in SS.

Kidhuman
10-02-2005, 11:27 PM
I agree Turbo. All points made. The only thing we can do is wait.

Garth Algar
10-02-2005, 11:38 PM
It's not like past polls (Hasbro's) haven't been rigged or hacked into in the past. So yeah some of us think it might be happening with SS.

Poor quality is defiantly NOT the only thing that can destroy this line. There's distribution, cost and SS decision on what characters to make that can send this line right back where Hasbro left off.

I can't wait to see what's coming though, I have faith in SS.

well, maybe some rabid natalie portman fans are voting numerous times, but i doubt sideshow is rigging the poll.

we already know how sideshow is gonna distribute these figures, and the cost has been known for months. i agree, 10 tatooine lukes would be a bad thing, but i doubt they'd do that. as long as they make a quality figure, we're good to go! :)

Turbowars
10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
well, maybe some rabid natalie portman fans are voting numerous times, but i doubt sideshow is rigging the poll.

we already know how sideshow is gonna distribute these figures, and the cost has been known for months. i agree, 10 tatooine lukes would be a bad thing, but i doubt they'd do that. as long as they make a quality figure, we're good to go! :)The price has not been announced. All we have is a huge window $45-100+ and we do not know what kind of #'s they will be distributed in. So far SS has kept us in the dark, unless you have some hard facts to share. I hope you do and can shed some light on the subject. :yes:

JediTricks
10-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Turbo's points are all solid, and I'd also add that whether or not the poll is actually rigged, having a non-EU character on the poll surge like that makes a lot of interested collectors think something's up, which lessens the faith in the line before it's even left the gate. IMO, that's a significant PR problem that could have been avoided by not including this Padme option at all. They certainly didn't NEED 6 options, 5 was more than enough, it's just that much more divisive.

Garth Algar
10-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Turbo's points are all solid, and I'd also add that whether or not the poll is actually rigged, having a non-EU character on the poll surge like that makes a lot of interested collectors think something's up, which lessens the faith in the line before it's even left the gate. IMO, that's a significant PR problem that could have been avoided by not including this Padme option at all. They certainly didn't NEED 6 options, 5 was more than enough, it's just that much more divisive.

i can understand why some folks say she isn't EU, but from sideshow's point of view(and mine), every kind of media(and everything in them) except the 6 films is EU....even if it's a cannon character in an EU outfit.(i would of preferred obi-wan in clone armor)

i'd like padme to win, but honestly, if any of the 6 figures are top quality, i'd be happy to buy any of them. regardless of who wins, i'd bet that if the winning figure sells well, sideshow will eventually make all 6 figures.

Turbowars
10-04-2005, 11:27 PM
regardless of who wins, i'd bet that if the winning figure sells well, sideshow will eventually make all 6 figures.Kind of sounds like Hasbro. Maybe they are partners and then maybe that's why Hasbro handed over the 12" licence so easily.:)

JediTricks
10-05-2005, 08:48 PM
I think Hasbro sub-licensed the line to Sideshow, the way they did with the sub-license to Code 3 for the die cast vehicles (at Lucasfilm's "request").

Another thing about Padme which I think really will hurt the line is that this not only isn't an EU character, but it's an incredibly unimportant EU outfit that's barely different from the AOTC movie outfit. All the other entries have much more weight in various aspects of EU, both old and new. Let's assume Sideshow is going to make an AOTC Padme fairly soon in their line - it's a fairly safe bet as it's an action outfit and from a recent movie - why would a SW fan who isn't a Padme-centric collector give a care about this Arctic Padme figure?

Turbowars
10-05-2005, 08:53 PM
why would a SW fan who isn't a Padme-centric collector give a care about this Arctic Padme figure?Because no matter who you are, as long as you are a guy that likes SW you think Arctic Padme is HOT! Well and I guess you must like girls too.:lipsrseal

JediTricks
10-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Because no matter who you are, as long as you are a guy that likes SW you think Arctic Padme is HOT! Well and I guess you must like girls too.:lipsrseal
1) Eww. What is it with toy collectors and plastic women? Real women are far more interesting.

2) AOTC Padme is certainly NOT different from Arctic Padme in that regard. :p

Turbowars
10-05-2005, 08:57 PM
I think Hasbro sub-licensed the line to Sideshow, the way they did with the sub-license to Code 3 for the die cast vehicles (at Lucasfilm's "request").

That makes sense JT, that's probably it.

Turbowars
10-05-2005, 08:59 PM
1) Eww. What is it with toy collectors and plastic women? Real women are far more interesting.

:pHell I don't know. At least the plastic ones don't spend all your $ and talk back.lol

JediTricks
10-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Instead you spend all your money on the plastic women, and talk back or not, at least you can interact with the real women - it's worth the risk... or so I'm told. ;)

Turbowars
10-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Instead you spend all your money on the plastic women, and talk back or not, at least you can interact with the real women - it's worth the risk... or so I'm told. ;)As soon as I wrote that I knew you would come back with that one. LOL. Yeah it's worth the risk, my wife is pretty cool.

JediTricks
10-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Even JT cannot avoid going with the obvious occasionally. :D

Turambar
10-06-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm tired of this. When are we actually going to see a line up of sideshow's 12" line?
And yes, both sides are correct in the Padme argument. Technically, it is an EU figure, but it seems people are upset because this mold can be cloned and made into many many more equally unexciting canon Padme figures.
I couldn't care less about this EU poll that has continued to drag on since I'm not getting whatever EU (or prequel) figure SS cranks out. I want to see a line up and scheduled release dates. . . maybe even preview some figures.

Hellboy
10-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Here is the latest poll update.

* DON'T LET DATELESS, JEDI WANNABE'S CHOOSE A POOPOO EU CHARACTER! MAKE
YOUR VOTE COUNT!

Mara Jade: 1650
Kir Kanos: 1513
Padme Amidala: 1472
Asajj Ventress: 1326
Quinlan Vos: 1143
Grand Admiral Thrawn: 1021

The above statement was made by Sideshow not me. lol
It makes you wonder though if they're unhappy about Padme's recent surge.

Garth Algar
10-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Here is the latest poll update.

The above statement was made by Sideshow not me. lol
It makes you wonder though if they're unhappy about Padme's recent surge.

that statement was actually made by a potential customer who is upset that quinlin vos isn't winning. sideshow was quoting this guy's statement in the "comments" section.

Hellboy
10-09-2005, 12:53 PM
that statement was actually made by a potential customer who is upset that quinlin vos isn't winning. sideshow was quoting this guy's statement in the "comments" section.

Ah, I see. They didn't say who said it in their Newsletter so I assumed it was them making the statement.

Hellboy
10-15-2005, 01:25 AM
Poor Kir Kanos. It isn't looking good. :cry:

Here is the latest:

Mara Jade: 1723
Padme Amidala: 1627
Kir Kanos: 1594
Asajj Ventress: 1339
Quinlan Vos: 1217
Grand Admiral Thrawn: 1053

Slicker
10-15-2005, 01:32 AM
Poor Kir Kanos. It isn't looking good. :cry:

Here is the latest:

Mara Jade: 1723
Padme Amidala: 1627
Kir Kanos: 1594
Asajj Ventress: 1339
Quinlan Vos: 1217
Grand Admiral Thrawn: 1053It's all rigged anyways so it doesn't matter. I still don't buy the fact that Padme could rebound with so many votes when most of the fans had already voted.

I'll put my money on her gaining the other 1,000 votes on Mara too.:rolleyes:

TCC-1972
10-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Yeah,might as well write this off! You'd think they'd be a little more subtle but they're pretty much coming right out & telling us it's bogus. They should just end the stupid poll now & make Padme. It's pretty lame making everybody think their vote counts. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
10-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Once again, the percentages are off from what they should be, Padme gets a big boost while the rest don't, that's unusual enough to look like scamola, especially when it happens to be the choice that most voters I've heard from feel is the LEAST deserving on the list.

sith_killer_99
10-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I voted for Kir Kanos!:thumbsup:

mastermatt24
10-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Once again, the percentages are off from what they should be, Padme gets a big boost while the rest don't, that's unusual enough to look like scamola, especially when it happens to be the choice that most voters I've heard from feel is the LEAST deserving on the list.
Exactly... :tired:

Turbowars
10-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Come on Padme! You all should really know why she has jumped up the list so fast. So I'll tell you, I'm a little embarrassed, but I made a very large amount of new e-mail addresses and voted over and over for her. It's been like a quest, I have all my family and friends voting for her as well and on top of that they all have multiple addresses. :thumbsup:

Garth Algar
10-16-2005, 01:10 AM

if a choice is to come from behind and win, that choice would have to start getting more votes than any other choice. that's the nature of a comeback. (the one coming from behind gets more votes while the one winning does not have a greater vote increase) sometimes, people win elections that they were expected to lose. it does happen. just because your favorite may not win, does not mean the contest is fixed.

do you guys really think sideshow predetermined the outcome of this poll before it started? or do you guys think that only padme fans are voting over and over again?(if so, why padme fans? why not mara jade fans?) are you the same people who think a certain politician stole two elections?(if you hate him, he couldn't of really won fairly, right?)

sometimes, your candidate loses fair and square, regardless if it's a silly toy contest or an important national election. :)

mastermatt24
10-16-2005, 12:55 PM
do you guys really think sideshow predetermined the outcome of this poll before it started?
YES! :crazed:

Garth Algar
10-16-2005, 02:42 PM
YES! :crazed:

why do you think this? is it just because you do not like the results so far?

if sideshow were to fix the contest, wouldn't they of made it less obvious they were doing so?

Turbowars
10-16-2005, 02:57 PM
You would think so. Maybe it's not fixed, but it sure the hell looks that way. Why are you so concerned with it being a real poll?

Slicker
10-16-2005, 03:17 PM
I think it's already been stated above but the reasoning that I and I believe several others have is that pretty much all of the die hard and casual SW fans that would care about something like this would've voted in the early stages of this. The Padme didn't start jumping until several weeks ago. Nearly a month and a half into the voting process. That just doesn't make sense that nearly 1,000 or so SW fans would wait that long to put in there two cents. That's what I believe and that's how it's staying.

2-1B
10-16-2005, 04:53 PM
WTF would Sideshow bother to rig their own poll ? Why bother with having a "poll" in the first place, then?

Internet conspiracy theories about toy companies rigging toy polls . . . Jesus, come on guys. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
10-16-2005, 05:03 PM
if a choice is to come from behind and win, that choice would have to start getting more votes than any other choice. that's the nature of a comeback. (the one coming from behind gets more votes while the one winning does not have a greater vote increase) sometimes, people win elections that they were expected to lose. it does happen. just because your favorite may not win, does not mean the contest is fixed.Once a solid pattern of voting is established though, it doesn't just do a major 180, it does subtle changes, it ebbs and flows slowly towards change in fairly specific patterns which I don't think these results are showing. These votes aren't coming from a pool of votes where if 1 candidate gets more votes the others must get less, but that's pretty much what we're seeing here which isn't how voting works.

do you guys really think sideshow predetermined the outcome of this poll before it started?I dunno, but it seems awfully convenient that the 1 figure in this poll that's getting this sudden upsweep just happens to be the 1 figure in the poll that won't require an alternate headsculpt from a movie figure they'll have to do anyway.

2-1B
10-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Once a solid pattern of voting is established though, it doesn't just do a major 180, it does subtle changes, it ebbs and flows slowly towards change in fairly specific patterns which I don't think these results are showing. These votes aren't coming from a pool of votes where if 1 candidate gets more votes the others must get less, but that's pretty much what we're seeing here which isn't how voting works.
Or maybe the more hardcore fans got all their votes in early and NOW what we're experience is a much more casual lot of folks who are reading the choices and seeing a bunch of EU retards and 1 main movie character who was also in a rather popular cartoon as compared to the more limited exposure of the categories like comics, for example. :) Myself, I never even know who Kir Kanos was until I read this poll. lol

Or maybe the Natalie Portman fanboy sites are rallying their troops to the cause. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

I dunno, but it seems awfully convenient that the 1 figure in this poll that's getting this sudden upsweep just happens to be the 1 figure in the poll that won't require an alternate headsculpt from a movie figure they'll have to do anyway.
If convenience is an issue for them, then why wouldn't they just stuff the ballot box early on instead of later, when people are going to notice the "unusual" rise in the polls ? If they were going to rig it, I think they would be smart enough to do it early on . . . but it doesn't really matter because I doubt Padme will take over the well-loved (for reasons unknown to me :confused: ) Mara Jade. ;)

JediTricks
10-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Or maybe the more hardcore fans got all their votes in early and NOW what we're experience is a much more casual lot of folks who are reading the choices and seeing a bunch of EU retards and 1 main movie character who was also in a rather popular cartoon as compared to the more limited exposure of the categories like comics, for example. Myself, I never even know who Kir Kanos was until I read this poll.Then why would one vote in it? It's an EU collector poll.

If convenience is an issue for them, then why wouldn't they just stuff the ballot box early on instead of later, when people are going to notice the "unusual" rise in the polls ? If they were going to rig it, I think they would be smart enough to do it early on . . . but it doesn't really matter because I doubt Padme will take over the well-loved (for reasons unknown to me ) Mara Jade. I'm not saying that's what's going on, I'm saying that it just looks bad, it's bad PR to have it go down this way and look hinky like this with so many little things. Maybe they are stuffing it to make it more exciting, maybe they expected it to go the other way, maybe they're not doing it all, but the point I was making is that the doubt is out there and it's a problem.

The_Ventress
10-16-2005, 11:48 PM

This is not unusual at all for online polls. The swamping of polls runs rampant all over the place. Once something gets posted on a high traffic site, or if someone send the vote request to a million of their friends and family members - especially when dealing with relatively small numbers like in this poll - it's bound to happen. I know for a fact that there's a TON of Padme fans on Rebelscum. We just need to swamp back :D

Garth Algar
10-17-2005, 12:36 AM
a sideshow employee named "sideshow dusty" posted on a sideshow forum about this:

http://70.86.92.101/forums/showthread.php?t=4843

she said she personally wants asajj ventress to win. :)

Slicker
10-17-2005, 06:38 AM
Isn't that just some proof that we're not a buncha loons by saying it's rigged? People on a forum that I've never even heard of are saying the EXACT same things we are. They'll probably end up making all of them anyways so who cares...?

2-1B
10-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Actually, the fact that the Sideshow forums itself is rampant with these theories shows even more how silly it is to think Sideshow would rig their own poll. ;)

They're smarter than that and they wouldn't pull something like that when they have to be well aware of the net nerds out there who are watching every update. :) They're not going to try to pull the wool over these people's eyes. :D

JediTricks
10-17-2005, 03:49 PM
That *might* be true if the other sites all took down mention of the poll AND if all the larger SW sites hadn't put up mention of the poll within 48 hours of each other, but all the main SW sites I know of reported on the poll back on day 1 or 2.

Isn't it interesting that the Sideshow official stance is to suggest we all make an effort to get lots more people to go to this poll, thus getting them lots new traffic. How about IP matching these votes or something? Even Hasbro did that (well, they claimed to have). IMO, everything Sideshow has done about this situation has been a mistake that makes them look bad, whether or not they actually are tampering with the results. The Star Wars 12" collecting market has been on-edge for years now, I suspect this may very well push a lot of them over that edge and into not collecting this line whatsoever.

Slicker
10-17-2005, 03:59 PM
That's one thing I noticed is that they pretty much told us to cheat to get who we wanted to win.

*scampers off to tell people to vote in a poll they could give two s**ts about*

Darth Cruel
10-23-2005, 11:19 PM
It's all rigged anyways so it doesn't matter. I still don't buy the fact that Padme could rebound with so many votes when most of the fans had already voted.

I'll put my money on her gaining the other 1,000 votes on Mara too.:rolleyes:

Ummm...

She only needs 100, not 1,000.

Turbowars
10-29-2005, 01:43 AM
Now Padme only needs 15 to be ahead. :lipsrseal

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2005, 02:13 PM
why would anyone rig a poll for something so silly anyway? it's not like we're voting for the next presidential 12" election or Iraq's new 12" constitution.

people crack me up on how paranoid they get over such little things lol lol lol lol lol

Turbowars
10-29-2005, 06:05 PM
why would anyone rig a poll for something so silly anyway? it's not like we're voting for the next presidential 12" election or Iraq's new 12" constitution.

people crack me up on how paranoid they get over such little things lol lol lol lol lolIt's rigged because SS already has 50,000 units on a boat from China.

2-1B
10-31-2005, 12:53 AM
Then why not rig it from the beginning ? :confused:

Once again, the claim is made without any comment on why they would wait to rig it, when it looks fishy later on. :)

Turbowars
10-31-2005, 08:50 AM
Who said it wasn't rigged from the beginning?:pleased:

2-1B
10-31-2005, 12:22 PM
That doesn't say any anything. :)
If they did in fact have 50K units on the way, the votes would have been there AT THE BEGINNING SO AS TO NOT AROUSE SUSPICION. ;)

The_Ventress
11-03-2005, 05:41 PM

people crack me up on how paranoid they get over such little things lol lol lol lol lol

I 100% agree. I guess the truth will come out at the end of the poll - if they have a prototype of bunny-suit Padme ready to show at the end of the poll, that means something was fishy. If they don't, then that would prove (to me, at least) that it was in no way rigged :yes:

My gut feeling says it's not. Why would they do that?? Why even have a poll at all if they were going to do that from the beginning? To increase goodwill? Sideshow doesn't need to do that, they have plenty of fan goodwill, due to the quality and customer service they provide. I think there's a bunch of conspiracy theorists leading the pack on this one :rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
11-03-2005, 07:05 PM
WOW, umm, let's save the political stuff for the Pit.

I am still hoping Kir will win.:crazed:

JediTricks
11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
My gut feeling says it's not. Why would they do that?? Why even have a poll at all if they were going to do that from the beginning? To increase goodwill? Sideshow doesn't need to do that, they have plenty of fan goodwill, due to the quality and customer service they provide. I think there's a bunch of conspiracy theorists leading the pack on this one :rolleyes:I'm not saying I know they are rigging it, but I can see a few solid reasons to do so, this Padme will require minimal changes from a standard Padme head mold, and molding is usually the most costly part of the toy. It also will require only a few changes in the costume from the Ep 2 costume, which will save money again. And as for why they'd bother to have the poll? To drum up interest in the line, to get attention before they have any actual product to show.