PDA

View Full Version : New Sam's Club multipacks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2005, 05:10 PM
This Holiday season, Sam’s Club will be offering a repackaged Mustafar playset. The Exclusive set will feature four Clone Troopers. No word yet if they will be standard white Clones or the Emperor’s red Shock Troopers. If that isn’t cool enough, they will also be offering the Arc-170 with three pilots and an R2 unit. It is still too early to speculate whether the droid will be a repack or a repaint. Both exclusives are priced at under $30 each and will feature new photo art/design highlighting the excluives. More info as it develops. Thanks to Rebelscum reader John for the info.

This is sweet! Unfortunately I already got the Mustafar playset but I still need the ARC-170. And since it's around or under $30, that's just too damn cool. :thumbsup: :yes:

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 05:18 PM
AN ARC with all those figs for 30 bucks? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt

DarthQuack
08-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Well assuming it really gets made I'll be apt to get it. But does that mean we should hold off on the current Mustafar set? Will it have Anakin and Obi-Wan? Just some good questions to ask....

trandoshan666
08-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Anybody know what a Sam's membership costs? :thumbsup:

Slicker
08-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Anybody know what a Sam's membership costs? :thumbsup:If I'm not mistake it's around $35. But if we could get someone with a membership to go and buy them all for us and we pay 'em back that'd work lots better.

I found this weird when DQ gave me the link. If I'm not mistake don't each of these playsets/vehicles cost more than $30 without figures? How are they gonna drop the pricepoint while adding figures?:confused:

Ji'dai
08-20-2005, 07:09 PM
If I'm not mistake don't each of these playsets/vehicles cost more than $30 without figures? How are they gonna drop the pricepoint while adding figures?:confused: Hasbro's production cost is obviously lower than what they set as MSRP or the retail price. Say it only costs Hasbro a buck to make a figure (or probably less), then the $6.99 MSRP is a pretty good profit margin. I doubt it costs $30 to make an ARC-170 vehicle. Since the Mustafar playset is based on the old MASK mountain playset mold, production costs are probably low on that one too. I think Hasbro's biggest expenditure comes from the packaging for the toys.

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 08:53 PM
I too find it hard to beleive that we are gonna get a 30 dollar ship plus 20 bucks in figs for 30 bucks. Really odd. But if they send it, I will buy it

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Last year, they had the OTC Falcon plus six figures for not much more than the Falcon itself. So I'm willing to believe that this is true. :)

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Touche JabbajohnL.

Turbowars
08-20-2005, 09:20 PM
I wonder if Costco will get it as well. I don't have a Sam Club near by. WM are hard enough to find as it is.

kool-aid killer
08-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Its a cool deal if you dont have these, but if you do youre kind of out in the cold. Id rather have the Mustafar set with the four clones instead of the Obi and Ani that come with it. Hopefully Hasbro calls back all the clone pilots that are currently pegwarming on shelves to stick in with the ARC-170 or else we may be seeing those guys for a long time.

DarthZylek
08-21-2005, 11:00 AM
If it comes with 4 shock trooper I'm totally getting it. It would be cool if the ARC came with black pilots as well.

Bacta Beast
08-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! I haven't bought the playset yet! I hope it still has Ani & Obi though!

AmanaMatt
08-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Sweet, I have a Sam's Club three blocks from my place...time for that membership. I am really happy I have not bought any of these so far. Do you have to have a pic taken for the membership? Just wanna know if I should look pretty before going for my first time!

Turbowars
08-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Do you have to have a pic taken for the membership? Just wanna know if I should look pretty before going for my first time!Not only do they take a picture, they perform a full body cavity search. So wear clean underwear.:thumbsup:

Slicker
08-21-2005, 04:21 PM
The membership is one of those where you can take the stupidest picture ever as they won't retake it as far as I know. Hell, they don't even check the ID half of the time either.

DarthQuack
08-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Not only do they take a picture, they perform a full body cavity search. So wear clean underwear.:thumbsup:

Ew, gross. Napoleon Dynamite

darth cynik
08-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Well, I was looking for an excuse to grab an ARC 170 fighter. If this Sam's exclusive news is true, then I guess I just found that excuse. :thumbsup:

I wonder if my parents still have their membership...

Devo
08-21-2005, 05:52 PM
My heart goes out to all you completists out there. Another blow to your wallets

JON9000
08-21-2005, 07:29 PM
For any collectors in the Raleigh area, I have a membership, and would be happy to pick one up for you. I might get an ARC myself, since I never got one. This sounds like a great deal- 4 figures and the vehicle.

Just PM me.

BoPs
08-21-2005, 11:22 PM
excited about these 2 as well.. considering my son isn't getting the mustafar playset untill xmas anyway!! and an arc with 4 figs.. for 30 bux? that has to be wrong!! thats a STEAL!! if anyone in the kansas city area.. or anywhere in the states (including my lovely sister canada) needs them and doesn't have access to sams just PM me and we'll work sumthin out :)

anyone know an aprox. date these will be hitting stores?

DarkArtist
08-22-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm all for both actually, i have been holding off on getting the Mustafar until it goes on clearence, but if Sam's Club is going to carry it this Christmas with four clones then awesome. I hope Hasbro is smart and releases it with the shock troopers :pleased:

ROTJLuke
08-22-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm all for both actually, i have been holding off on getting the Mustafar until it goes on clearence, but if Sam's Club is going to carry it this Christmas with four clones then awesome. I hope Hasbro is smart and releases it with the shock troopers :pleased:

That makes the playset worth it. :) :yes: :)

DarthZylek
08-22-2005, 10:01 PM

SA Shock Troopers would be even better!!

Veers
08-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Cool! That will be sweet!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2005, 04:24 PM
The main page on SSG has pics of the ARC-170 set. I must say it's not quite as good as I hoped. I wanted to get 3 Clone PILOTS, not one pilot and two useless white troopers. And they didn't even repaint R2-D2. I can't tell which one it is, but it better be a good one at least. Of course though I'll still buy it (it's four free figures nonetheless), but they could've done better.

Kidhuman
09-12-2005, 05:27 PM
I actually like the 2 clones. I already have 3 pilots plus a black one and one in the JTA pack so this isnt so bad. ALways use more clones.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2005, 05:41 PM
I actually like the 2 clones. I already have 3 pilots plus a black one and one in the JTA pack so this isnt so bad. ALways use more clones.
I think it's funny that for AOTC, Hasbro released more colored clones than white ones, even though there were waaaay more white ones in the movie. Now, for ROTS, there's only like 8 or so white clones in the entire movie and we get more of them than the colored ones from the film. :D

LTBasker
09-14-2005, 12:09 PM
And they didn't even repaint R2-D2. I can't tell which one it is, but it better be a good one at least.

At first I thought it was the ROTS claw R2, now I'm thinking it's the Jabba's Palace R2 as the middle leg doesn't go down as far as ROTS R2's.

Captain Spoon
09-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Both of these are supposed to be 29.97. It sounds too good to be true but remember last X-mas they had a Falcon with Luke, Obi, Han, Chewie, and R2 (OTC) for 49.77. I actually bought the display model after X-Mas for about $25 on Clearance. It is sweet. It is an acrylic case with a back ground pannel and everything. SAM's Club rocks. Not only for SW stuff, but you should see the prices on Electronics and PC parts and stuff! I love me some's Sam's Club

Kidhuman
09-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I think it's funny that for AOTC, Hasbro released more colored clones than white ones, even though there were waaaay more white ones in the movie. Now, for ROTS, there's only like 8 or so white clones in the entire movie and we get more of them than the colored ones from the film. :D

Actually when they are loading up Yoda and the wookies there are a bunch of white clones, but not nearly as many as AOTC.

Blackened88
09-15-2005, 07:03 PM
I haven't seen the movie in awhile which seen exactly? What scenes is it between?

Kidhuman
09-16-2005, 12:35 AM
It is between the council scene where Yoda says he will go to Kasshyyk, or shortly thereafter.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Actually when they are loading up Yoda and the wookies there are a bunch of white clones, but not nearly as many as AOTC.
Actually, the clones in that scene are the gray-accented ones that are coming in the Clone Attack on Coruscant Battlepack. It's hard to tell, and I don't think I would've known if someone else didn't point it out, but they're not all-white. The only (as far as I know) white clones in that part are the ones in the gunship behind Obi-Wan and Mace. I think the only other scene with all-white clones is during the Coruscant battle, where they're firing those cannons at the Invisible Hand.

Kidhuman
09-23-2005, 10:58 PM
There might be the white ones from the CW series as well. Afterall, they gave us a jet pack clone

jedi master sal
09-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Actually, the clones in that scene are the gray-accented ones that are coming in the Clone Attack on Coruscant Battlepack. It's hard to tell, and I don't think I would've known if someone else didn't point it out, but they're not all-white. The only (as far as I know) white clones in that part are the ones in the gunship behind Obi-Wan and Mace. I think the only other scene with all-white clones is during the Coruscant battle, where they're firing those cannons at the Invisible Hand.

Ah thank you,Mr. JabbaJohnL! I had completely forgotten that there were white clones in that part of the movie. Whew, now I can fully justify the almost 200 white clones (mix of #6, #41, jet pack and 3-packs) that I have. (BTW, that was not sarcasm. I thankful that there is at least more than the gunship scene that white clones appear in.)

-Sal

Blackened88
09-24-2005, 10:39 AM
In the seen when the clones are firing the cannon at the Invisible Hand they are actually Gray Clones, I have a pic and you have to look extremely close to see it. Although I would post the pic I don't know how or to readjust the size. I will email the pic to someone who knows how.

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Email it to me.

Got the pics Blackened :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-01-2005, 02:53 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=95042

Both of these sets are now out, apparently. The Mustafar playset just comes with plain white clones.

JON9000
10-03-2005, 04:59 PM

Both of these sets are now out, apparently. The Mustafar playset just comes with plain white clones.

Look down in the corner. I thought I saw ani and obi. that's SIX figures!

Slicker
10-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Look down in the corner. I thought I saw ani and obi. that's SIX figures!It indeed is a total of 6 figures. That's not bad at all for the what $30 I think these are going for. So you're practically gettting the playset for free.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-03-2005, 06:19 PM
It indeed is a total of 6 figures. That's not bad at all for the what $30 I think these are going for. So you're practically gettting the playset for free.
I forgot about Obi and Vader, as they are always included in this set. I don't think they're worth $5 each but it is still a very good deal. :)

JON9000
10-03-2005, 10:38 PM
I got the ARC fighter today. My first ROTS toy! It's bigger than I thought it would be and comes with a couple of nicely articulated clones, a pilot, and R2. THe only downer is that R2's "third leg" (heheheheh) keeps him form fitting nicely into the slot, so I am using an old POTF2 R2. I really like the vehicle, and the clones are so cool, I might pick up Mustafar as well. If I were to get the clone pack at Target and the Assault on the Jedi temple, I would have a pretty good little army made on the cheap! :thumbsup:

trandoshan666
10-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Are these out in many places? I went to Sam's Club today, and didn't see them anywhere.

kool-aid killer
10-09-2005, 11:31 AM

Thats good for me, since i would have been a bit upset if it came with the Shocktroopers. I had already bought the first Mustafar set a couple of days before i heard about this so i was a little bummed. But now that its just the plain white ones (and those guys arent too difficult to find) i dont have to worry about it.