PDA

View Full Version : uncool helmet sales

kingyeti
08-21-2005, 07:36 AM
is it just me, or does anyone else think it is uncool that some CS members are already selling the vader helmet on ebay for twice they're paying,and they have'nt even ordered it yet? it seems a bit unfair.:mad:

Jayspawn
08-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Its perfectly fair kingyeti. Luckily people like you and me are smart enough not fall for outragous sales and gimicks like that.

kingyeti
08-21-2005, 09:02 AM
it just bothers me that some people are just into collecting strictly for profit. i'm in it because i admire the films and the creativity put into them.i saw star wars 27 times when it was first released.i was 7 .since then i've been hooked.

kingyeti
08-21-2005, 09:14 AM
i've waited a long time for a replica like this and i would hate to think i might miss out on my opportunity to own one at its original price.

kingyeti
08-21-2005, 09:17 AM
can a CS member order more than one?i have a friend who is not a member and i would like to give it as a gift.they are as big a fan as me.

dgauci5
08-21-2005, 03:42 PM
is it just me, or does anyone else think it is uncool that some CS members are already selling the vader helmet on ebay for twice they're paying,and they have'nt even ordered it yet? it seems a bit unfair.:mad:

Just pity the poor fools who would pay the rates they are being scalped at. Pay over 2K up front on an eBay pre-order that the seller doesn't even have pre-ordered yet, with the product not even shipping for another 4 months.

Markimus
08-21-2005, 04:03 PM
so far it doesn't look like anyone is buying them....

Portlyman
08-21-2005, 05:03 PM
To me, it seems disrespectful. People should pay the 60 dollars and take their chances when pre/orders are taken.

Seems similar to scalping tickets...

If people want to make money, get a job and leave the collectables to the collectors.

kingyeti
08-21-2005, 05:32 PM
very similar.how can you sell something you haven't confirmed you have yet?i think CS members should vote these posers off.LOL!

Captain Spoon
08-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Master Replicas should find away to stop this. I have Patriots season tickets and if I was caught selling them on Ebay or Stub Hub for anything more than face cost I would have my seasons yanked. Maybe MR could start yanking CS memberships.

Cirielle
08-22-2005, 10:36 AM
It doesn't surprise me at all. I mean look at all the stuff on Ebay and the prices it goes for. Supply & Demand. Simple enough. It is amazing though how many people out there never research prices on different sites and etc. I mean a lot of times there is a better deal than Ebay by and far!

Then again lots of people will go and buy a car and not haggle it down. Or heck people will buy anything for face value (that is the face value of what the seller wants for it!).

I mean I just sold some extra figures (Transformers) on Ebay myself for twice what I paid! I would have never bought it at that price - but other people do!!!

Or heck we could also look at it this way - MR is selling the mini saber cases for $19.99 plus $10 for shipping and TSV is selling them for $5 less. I don't know about you - but I would have liked to save $5 on them.

Unfortunately it is just the name of the game!

kingyeti
08-22-2005, 06:08 PM
its one thing to profit off a collectable that has gained value.its another to sell for profit on something you dont even own.especially a fine collectable like this that deserves to be in the hands of someone who can truly appreciate it for what it is.know what i'm saying?it is already expensive enough and i'd hate to pay more if i some how missed my shot at getting one. i've waited a long time.

Fwad
08-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Those Darth Vader helmet auctions are gone. Too bad for the seller.

kingyeti
08-22-2005, 08:17 PM
there is still one under ebay master replicas for 2199.thats just insane.

dgauci5
08-22-2005, 10:00 PM
there is still one under ebay master replicas for 2199.thats just insane.

And that specific one is in direct violation of eBays own rules governing pre-sales. The seller has to ship the item from a pre-sale within 30 days of the end of the auction according to their rules. Since MR won't be shipping this item before December, this auction is a fraud.