PDA

View Full Version : Kotobukiya Shock Trooper ONLY 1,000!!!

Turbowars
08-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Well it seems as TRU Japan is getting this variant and only 1000 are being made. For the life of me I can't understand why the small production #.

Reefer Shark
08-21-2005, 02:09 PM
That's the exact thing they did with the Sandtrooper variations. 1000 made for Japan, then an additional 500 each were made for StarWarsShop.com.

We'll have to keep an eye on sws.com for a pre-order. If that happens, don't hesitate - you saw what happened with the Sandtrooper Corporal, right? ;)

Markimus
08-21-2005, 02:23 PM
No -- what happened to the Sandtrooper Corporal ?

Turbowars
08-21-2005, 02:41 PM
That's the exact thing they did with the Sandtrooper variations. 1000 made for Japan, then an additional 500 each were made for StarWarsShop.com.

We'll have to keep an eye on sws.com for a pre-order. If that happens, don't hesitate - you saw what happened with the Sandtrooper Corporal, right? ;)Dude if you see it on SWS could you order me one. I know I wont be around when it goes up.

Reefer Shark
08-21-2005, 02:52 PM
No -- what happened to the Sandtrooper Corporal ?

Sold out pretty damn quickly (Corporal was the black pauldron one w/the big rifle). The Seargent stayed up for a short while though.

Reefer Shark
08-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Dude if you see it on SWS could you order me one. I know I wont be around when it goes up.

Sure man, I'll help you out if funds permit it.

Hellboy
08-23-2005, 06:52 PM
They're up guys. Get em' while they're hot cuz these won't last. :thumbsup:

Turbowars
08-23-2005, 06:55 PM
You know it! Did it last night! This should be a very rare unit and surly will be worth more that what we pay.

Hellboy
08-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Agreed Turbo, thats why I picked up 2. :bandit:

Slicker
08-23-2005, 07:02 PM
I just checked for the heck of it and they're still up. Here's the link. (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104157)

Reefer Shark
08-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Sweet!

Got mine on pre-order as well. Interesting that they did 1000 for SWS.com time around instead of 500 like with the sandtroopers.

Hellboy
08-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Interesting that they did 1000 for SWS.com time around instead of 500 like with the sandtroopers.

I suppose it makes sense. Demand was extremely high for those Sandtroopers so it was a smart move on their part to increase the edition size this time around increasing their profits. I think the initial popularity of the Sandtroopers was also what led to 1000 more pieces being made available in Japan.

The only negative thing I will say about the Shocktrooper is it's the exact same pose as the 501st Clone Trooper. It reminds me of what Koto did with the AOTC Clone Troopers and the different ranks that were all released in the same pose. I was definitely hoping for something more along the lines of the Sandtroopers with their interchangeable arms so displaying one of each wouldn't look silly but oh well. :dis:

Reefer Shark
08-25-2005, 12:55 AM
The only negative thing I will say about the Shocktrooper is it's the exact same pose as the 501st Clone Trooper. It reminds me of what Koto did with the AOTC Clone Troopers and the different ranks that were all released in the same pose. I was definitely hoping for something more along the lines of the Sandtroopers with their interchangeable arms so displaying one of each wouldn't look silly but oh well. :dis:

This kinda bugs me too. They really should've just went the extra step and given them some different arms, especially since they're doing a bigger run.

I might end up passing on the 501'st clone because of this....

Turbowars
08-25-2005, 01:04 AM
No you wont! You are a save to these things.:whip:

Reefer Shark
08-25-2005, 10:24 AM
You know it's true. George is my whip-master.

Really though, I'm gonna try and be strong on this one... (yeah right)

Hellboy
08-25-2005, 06:22 PM
If you can afford it just play it safe and buy them both Reefer. :greedy: You can always flip it if you don't like it and at the very least make your money back.

I've got the 501st on pre-order and placed an order for two of the Shocktroopers and I still haven't decided whether I'll be keeping one of each. I do know this, my second Shocktrooper is going to help pay for the Sandtrooper Corporal I ended up paying $200 for. :yes:

BFett88
08-26-2005, 02:35 PM
I just pre ordered mine, this thing looks sweet. I can't wait to get it. I was surprised it was still there. But I have it. :) I only have one Kotobukiya statue and it is Boba Fett. I cant wait to get this one. I was looking at the Anikan and it looks sweet too. I hope this does not turn into an addiction. If so I will have to get them all like I do with my action figures. I do want to get Darth Maul, that one look awsome too. Man I want them all :(. Like the Biker Scout, and the Sand Trooper. The new vader, how about Luke in stormtrooper disguse. Oh man, this is to exspensive to get involved in.

BFett88
08-26-2005, 03:48 PM
So my wife told me to pre order the Anikan one. So that will make 3. This is the start of the new addiction.

Hellboy
08-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Yes, it can become very addicting. The Koto line was what initially got me into buying more statues than toys. The only downside was the money it costs to keep up with this stuff. :hurt:

I saw Darth Frodo up for pre-order as well but I'm passing on that one. Terrible likeness IMO.

Hellboy
08-26-2005, 10:52 PM
SOLD OUT!!! :yes:

TheLastStormtrooper
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
If any one missed it the shock trooper is back in stock at starwarsshop.com.
Here is the link
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104157

Hellboy
08-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Thats funny. SWShop.com if anything is predictable. They always seem to find more product somewhere. lol

I'm quite sure they would never intentionally use this tactic to create a false sense of demand. :rolleyes: