PDA

View Full Version : Could Leia have inherited one of Anakin's abilities?

General Grievous
08-21-2005, 05:43 PM
I was thinking about this before, in ROTJ, when Luke asks if Leia remembers her mother, she says something about a litte bit, her mother was very beautiful, but sick, could she have seen the images in her dreams like Anakin did of his loved ones suffering? Thsi could also explain, her feeling her brother in pain and agony at bespin. So when Leia grew up she might have had a dream where she saw Padme in labor and in serious pain and mistaking her for being very sick?

DarthQuack
08-21-2005, 06:09 PM
She could have, but it would be hard to say other than it being a Jedi trait. Unless we know anything if Anakin remembers anything from his young days before it was podracer boy.

JimJamBonds
08-21-2005, 10:46 PM
I never thought of that, could be. Good call 2G. :thumbsup:

2-1B
08-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Interesting theory. Luke and Leia do seem to share that trait since Luke sees his friends' pain and Leia laters hears his plea for help. Luke feels familiarity with Yoda from afar, so why couldn't Infant Leia feel familiarity with her deceased momma ? :grin:

darth cynik
08-21-2005, 11:15 PM
That also makes sense because in the ROTS book, Anakin says he's convinced the baby Padme's carrying is a girl. He could have passed the insightful dreams onto Leia through the Force and felt a connection to her that went away when he found out Padme was killed...

Leia always seemed wary of Vader, moreso than a lot of the other characters. Maybe she never felt a family-type connection to maybe she DID feel more that just the satndard Rebel fear of the tyrannical enforcer. Maybe she'd had dreams about Vader than warned her there was more to him and that's why she was afraid of him, beyond just watching how cruel he was.

I dunno, just a thought. I've been analyzing the movies in terms of the overall saga lately, and so I like that theory of yours, General Grev.

Kidhuman
08-21-2005, 11:34 PM
That also makes sense because in the ROTS book, Anakin says he's convinced the baby Padme's carrying is a girl. He could have passed the insightful dreams onto Leia through the Force and felt a connection to her that went away when he found out Padme was killed...

50% chanec of being right. Isnt hard to do. :beard: :D

I dont think that was the case. Basically G. Lu screwed up the scripts and didnt change it(yet)

master jedi
08-22-2005, 09:32 PM
I was thinking about this before, in ROTJ, when Luke asks if Leia remembers her mother, she says something about a litte bit, her mother was very beautiful, but sick, could she have seen the images in her dreams like Anakin did of his loved ones suffering? Thsi could also explain, her feeling her brother in pain and agony at bespin. So when Leia grew up she might have had a dream where she saw Padme in labor and in serious pain and mistaking her for being very sick?
Leia never said sick. She said sad. Leia said "She was very beautiful. Kind but sad."
She never said the word sick. I's not like what Anakin did. Anakin saw the future. What was going to happen in the future. Leia was just remembering things from the past. I guess you could call it "Force Remembering".:P

JimJamBonds
08-23-2005, 01:40 AM
I think the idea that GG is saying is that Leia saw the vision of her mother giving birth and took it to be her sick. You are correct MJ, Leia didn't even say the word sick to Luke, but the idea is speculation based on Leia herself having a dream when she was younger sooooo... maybe? :p

JimJamBonds
08-25-2005, 12:56 PM
This is the databank entry for Zett Jukassa......

Yet somehow, through the Force, he sensed something was amiss. Though his contact with his parents was minimal -- he was separated from them as a newborn -- he nonetheless still carried hazy images and feelings about them. Some were very detailed: descriptions of a world he had barely visited, and strange associates known to his parents. A Jedi Knight (http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/thejediorder/), Mierme Unill, was investigating the murder of the Mon Gazzan ore traders when heard reports of a youngling with unnaturally vivid visions of the crime scene.

So maybe the idea that GG put before us just might explain how/why Leia remembers Padme?

Kidhuman
08-25-2005, 04:05 PM
He had minimal contact, Leia had about 2 seconds. I dont buy it still

Slicker
08-25-2005, 05:19 PM
He had minimal contact, Leia had about 2 seconds. I dont buy it stillSame here. It's just another one of those things that Lucas messed up with the script.

DarkArtist
08-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Call me crazy but since he wrote the OT before the PT Leia perhaps thought that the queen of Alderaan was her real mother. I can't remember anything in the old novels or even in EU that states that Bail told Leia that they were her adoptive parents. Perhaps in some EU novel of the near future the Queen of Alderaan dies at a young age when Leia is still a kid and that's the images that Leia is refering to.
As far as Luke goes, he was raised with the knowledge of Owen and Beru being his Aunt and Uncle, so to him never knowing his parents..... perhaps he too was never told about Padme. After all he knew about Anakin but again I'm not sure if he was ever told about Padme as well.
I myself was always under the impression that Padme and Leia went into hiding and Luke was taken to Tatoonie with Ben to hide as well. However now that we have the prequels so goes that impression.

Kidhuman
08-25-2005, 10:38 PM
You're crazy. I need to dig up the other thread on this topic and in which it was discussed

Jayspawn
08-26-2005, 12:33 AM
I think both Luke and Leia inherited Anakin's abilities. Aside from knowing that they're brother and sister, I think Luke and Leia are kindred spirits and share a connection or special bond between eachother (the Force maybe?). As in ESB and ROTJ Luke and Leia sense eachothers feeling and life force. Of course they inherited Anakin's abilities, he was the greatest of all the Jedi (in a way).

Interesting too that Luke and Leia having not ever knowing their parents grew up to be just like them.

Kidhuman
08-26-2005, 12:38 AM
AS promised here is the link:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=27590