PDA

View Full Version : Republic Gunship

BFett88
08-22-2005, 02:30 PM
This is just plain annoying. The Republic Gunship is going for over 80 dollars on Ebay. I found 1 and only 1 on 04/02. I passed it up because I wanted the ARC 170 right away. I already had the Episode 2 one. So I was like oh I will pick one up later. Well it turns out I should have passed on the ARC 170 and picked it up later. But this is crazy a 30 dollar ship going for 80. Well I guess I will never be getting one of those. Or if I do it will cost me easily over 100 when I have the extra money to buy it. Why were they so hard to find? Does anyone see these anymore?

Captain Spoon
08-22-2005, 02:47 PM
I havn't seen one since early April either. I would think though that Hasbro would ship more (around x-mas or so) or maybe even re-hash it in a new box next year. I would never pay $80 for it, It's not that nice.

El Chuxter
08-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Patience. You must learn patience. Since it's been released twice already in large numbers, my guess is that the ROTS version will drop dramatically in price when demand goes down in about a year.

Lazer Brain
08-22-2005, 03:36 PM
i picked mine up about mid july at walmart, but that was the only time i had seen it since the first release , so they could still be out there. the sams club pack will be the next chance to get it for sure.
later

CrunchyNug
08-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I asked the Hasbro guys about this at ComicCon. I said, "Are you aware of the high demand for the ROTS Gunship and that it is not readily available anymore at retail?"

Their answer was that they knew that demand was going to come primarily from collectors, since it's simply a repainted ship...and for that reason, they only put the Gunship in the first wave of that assortment. So the reason we're not seeing any more Gunships is because the later assortments are solid cases of ARC 170 ships!!! So now, us collectors, are forced to resort to the secondary market. And since demand is still high among collectors, it fetches a pretty hefty price.

I saw one at Midnight Madness and that was it - never again!!! My opinion...if you simply want a gunship, get one from AOTC or the Clone Wars line - it's the exact same ship, just different paint.

DarthZylek
08-22-2005, 09:26 PM
I hope that they do one in a paint scheme similar to grey emperial Tie Fighter. It would be cool to put a couple of the new black repaint clone pilots in it.

Blue2th
08-22-2005, 09:43 PM
I skipped the Gunship at midnight madness because it looked just like the AOTC one. When I found out it was different and I finally decided to buy one I too couldn't find one till a month later on the top shelf of a Wal-mart neatly hidden behind 2 Arc Fighters. So I got one thank goodness. Speaking of Gunships, the only other version to appear that hasn't been made yet is the Flying Tiger one that appears in Volume 2 of the Clone Wars. With blue and white stripes going the length of the wingspan and snarling teeth and eyes, this is the Ultimate version. If I'm not mistaken the Clones on that ship were early versions of the 501'st with blue trimmed suits. I might just pay 80 bucks for that if they threw in a couple of blue clones. :laugh: lol

Turbowars
08-22-2005, 09:57 PM
EE has it for 35 bucks, so stop crying and go get one.:whip: :pleased:

Blackened88
08-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Thats where I got mine about a month ago, I realized they weren't gonna get them back in the stores. So I waited and got it with a 3 dollar discount because the box was damaged but I don't care cause I open my stuff.

BFett88
08-22-2005, 10:41 PM
EE site says

SOLD OUT

:(

Turbowars
08-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Too bad though, it was a good price. Maybe Sam's club will get the gunship as well along with the ARC and playset.

Blackened88
08-23-2005, 12:01 AM
It's sold out because the second they get them in the sell like crazy, you have to wait for them to get them in.

DarthQuack
08-23-2005, 12:19 AM
No idea how I'm gonna score one of these yet.

Devo
08-23-2005, 03:38 PM
r2dtoys have it at 51.60 dollars - that of course is without shipping. The Euro price is 43.50, that doesn't frighten me too much (bearing in mind I live just across the stream from the country where r2dtoys is based) its the kind of price I'm used to paying at retail for large vehicles.

YODA'SPADAWAN
08-27-2005, 04:25 PM
I just got one today for 39.99,plus shipping,added up to 51.84,just go to billstoysandgames.com:thumbsup:

Veers
08-28-2005, 11:01 PM
This usually sells out fast. I always get the coolest ships first. The regular vehicles like Obi Wans starfighter and other smaller ships tend to warm the shelves.

Turbowars
08-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah, but the only problem with that was the Gunships have always warmed the shelves and the coolest ship from ROTS was the ARC-170, not the Gunship.

I finally got a ROTS Gunship off a friend for $30 and he threw in 2 Pilots, 1 commander, 2 #6 clones and a custom Gee figure that blows Hasbros Gee out of the water. Thanks Kenobi!!!

Umbra
08-29-2005, 12:31 AM
I was at toysrus the other day and saw a young kid searching for one. The demands just not from collectors, i really hope for the holidays Hasbro releases more gunships

DarkArtist
08-29-2005, 10:25 AM
I can see lots of gunships showing up around the holidays. Since it is a larger piece more stores are afraid to carry it and with the release at the start of the spring and summer seasons, demand was small. I saw a few at Suncoast video before the April 1st release and was lucky to get one about a month later at a Kay Bee toys. Since then I haven't seen them. I wasn't sure if I was going to like one since the first and second time thy released th gunship there was alot of negative feedback on it, but now I glad I picked it up when I had the chance.
I love this ship and right now it is at the center of my collection next to my Imperial Shuttle and Dagobah X-Wing. Would love to get two more for a display piece I'm working on but don't have the room or the money for that dream.
I would wait till the holidays and then get one before paying scalper prices on ebay.