PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe meets Star Wars

DarkArtist
08-23-2005, 11:27 AM
hey I was looking at the recent issue of Tomart's Action Figure review, and they had shots of the new GI Joe product that is coming out in the next couple of months and each figure was standing on the same type of display bases as the recent ROTS figures. It would be strange to see Cobra Commander battle on Felucia with Commander Bly and Aayla Secura. :razz: :razz:

El Chuxter
08-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Well, they already packed in repainted Jedi Council chairs with the latest TRU multipack (Cobra Commander, Baroness, and a few Rock Vipers, all in red for some silly reason). So this doesn't surprise me.

If Cobra Commander had led the clonetroopers on Felucia, he'd talk about how he was going to kill Aayla, at least until a random clone named Bail VII shot him in the back and took his place for about 20 issues while sales fell dramatically.

Rogue II
08-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Well, then there was that super crossover issue when Destro and General Grevious led an army of Battle Droids aginst the Autobots. The battalioni of Clonetroopers guarding Autobot Headquarters were hypnotized by Dr. Mindbender into thinking they were Smurfs and had them invade Strawberry Shortcakeland.

ahem.

Anyway, the closest I came to buying a modern GI Joe was that one figure I almost picked up because he looked like Sgt Doallyan from Jabba's palace. I think he was some sort of frogman, who had a helmet similar to Doallyan's, and with a little re-paint, could have been customized.

JimJamBonds
08-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Take Cobra Commander and take off the helmet/shield put him in a cloak and you have Palps from ROTS. lol

El Chuxter
08-23-2005, 12:23 PM
No, no, no. Cobra Commander is a wacked-out car salesman who heads a terrorist empire, not a Sith Lord. Duuuuuuuh.

JimJamBonds
08-23-2005, 12:31 PM
No, no, no. Cobra Commander is a wacked-out car salesman who heads a terrorist empire, not a Sith Lord. Duuuuuuuh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeah thats right I knew that. Thanks for clearing that up for me Chux. :p

Captain Spoon
08-23-2005, 04:11 PM
If made a Heat Viper or Crimson gaurd that was crossed with a clone trooper and packaged them in a box with Cobra Commander I just might cut off a leg to get ahold of them.

Slicker
08-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Didn't they reuse the Geonosis Arena for a GI JOE playset. IIRC, it even came with a couple of the molded Battle Droids on the floor of it still.:crazed:

Ji'dai
05-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I was surprised to see the 3-3/4" Joe line back at TRU. I thought this time RAH was going to be online only. The comic 3-packs are back too.

I was really tempted to get the 3-pack Vietnam-era LRRP set with Sgt. Stalker, Tommy, and Snake-Eyes. The figures' bland green fatigues are pretty boring looking though. Still, that was a favorite issue of mine back in the day.

Today I saw the Dreadnok 3-pack and another set with a trans-blue Cobra Commander. I don't know if he's supposed to be a hologram or what.

El Chuxter
05-22-2006, 06:36 PM
I was really tempted to get the 3-pack Vietnam-era LRRP set with Sgt. Stalker, Tommy, and Snake-Eyes. The figures' bland green fatigues are pretty boring looking though. Still, that was a favorite issue of mine back in the day.

Three words: Snake Eyes Unmasked.

You're probably rushing back to TRU even now. :D

The bit in that comic with the Soft Master "buying" a gun is one of the greatest scenes in comic book history.

"I assure you, it's a much better deal than you'll get from the man over there in the mask with the Uzi."

Dominic Guglieme
05-22-2006, 09:32 PM
The title of this thread had me worried for a second there.........

But, after SWTF, who can blame me?

figrin bran
05-22-2006, 10:48 PM
I was surprised to see the 3-3/4" Joe line back at TRU. I thought this time RAH was going to be online only. The comic 3-packs are back too.

Today I saw the Dreadnok 3-pack and another set with a trans-blue Cobra Commander. I don't know if he's supposed to be a hologram or what.

was that the 3 pack with scarlett in it? if so, yes that is a holo cobra commander.

Ji'dai
05-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Three words: Snake Eyes Unmasked.

You're probably rushing back to TRU even now. :D That 'Nam version of Snake-Eyes even has a picture of his kid sister tucked into his Boonie hat.

I don't need another line to collect but I'm constantly tempted by these figs. I came close to getting the Oktober Guard set but never got around to it. I'd be hard pressed to pass up Soft & Hard Master figures though. I don't think Hasbro's made a Billy yet either.

was that the 3 pack with scarlett in it? if so, yes that is a holo cobra commander. Yeah, that's the one. Breaker, Scarlett, and hooded CC.

El Chuxter
05-24-2006, 03:34 PM
They haven't, and I'd kill for a Billy figure, young or old, civilian or ninja, before or after the explosion that cost him his leg and eye.

Da18thcustomizer
05-25-2006, 12:57 AM
If only Star Wars figures had started out with GI Joe articulation a;a the 82 joe figures...

There would be no Joe to speak of at all.