PDA

View Full Version : Has your opinion of ROTS changed after seeing it again?

JediTricks
08-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Now that you've had the opportunity to see Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith more than once, what is your take on the movie? Here we are 3 months after the movie's release and 3 months to go until it's released on DVD, conversation about ROTS has started to hit a bit of a lull, and this summer has been particularly weak for other films, so now seems like a good time to find out how the passage of time and multiple viewings has changed fans' opinions of the final Star Wars movie.

thanks to stillakid for the poll idea

Slicker
08-23-2005, 04:19 PM
I voted that it's getting better each time. I've only see it about 7 times but it was great and I noticed something new each time which makes watching it lots better. I've watched it a couple of times on DVD (don't ask ;)) and it's just as good except for the counter on the top of the screen.

Kidhuman
08-23-2005, 04:44 PM
It gets better with age like a fine wine. I have seen it a dozen or so times already. This has become my favorite surpassing ESB. I love the darkness of the movie. Think I will watch again tonight

Ryno
08-23-2005, 04:46 PM
I voted that it's getting better. The first time I saw it, I don't think I appreciated it as much because I just wanted to get to the climax. I've seen it 4 times since then and the first 20 minutes still bother me with all the droid "comedy", but I just do my best to get over that and enjoy the movie as a fun piece of entertainment. The whole Palpatine seducing Anakin/killing of the Jedi/Obi-Wan vs. Anakin still excites me everytime I see it and, for me, is as good as anything in ESB.

bobafrett
08-23-2005, 05:30 PM
I picked it's getting better and better. I must admit that I have only seen it three times so far. I wish I had time to view it more, but I'm sure o9nce I pick it up on DVD, I will be able to view it more.

MrMet
08-23-2005, 05:43 PM
I agree the droid comedy stuff in the begining sucks. I really enjoyed it overall and have watched it maybe 8-10 times total and still rank it behind ESB but lightyears ahead of #3 ANH. Beleive it or not I was watching Phantom Menace on the train ride home today. I still have no idea what Lucas was thinking during that one. For a movie that had so much potential, how'd it become such a stinker. I have a poll for you. If you had never seen the original trilogy and Lucas started with Phantom Menace and gone in chronilogical order 1-6 would the series have done as well? As the films are now, not taking technoligical improvements in to account. Each film as they are today!

mastermatt24
08-23-2005, 06:24 PM
I notice something new each time
Me too. Someone should make a guide with all of the back ground stuff.

Turbowars
08-23-2005, 06:59 PM
It's as good as the 1st time I saw it. I saw it again and for the last time on the big sreen 2 weeks ago. Total of 5 times. I don't think I would want to see it for some time now.

I thought all the shots with R2 were great. I love when he's puts the com link into one of his doors. I laughed every time I saw it.

Overall it was a good film. I'm just happy it ended well The Saga that is. Thank the Gods that it didn't end with a EP1.:yes:

Dark Marble
08-23-2005, 07:19 PM
I hated it the first time I saw it so it has only gotten better for me. It was all just to much to take in the first time around. I really like the movie now.

Battle Droid
08-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Getting better and better, best Star Wars movie ever!

Turbowars
08-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Now now lets not get carried away. It was great but not the greatest.:)

JimJamBonds
08-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Getting better and better, best Star Wars movie ever!

I'm not quite ready to say that BD but its in second place right behind ESB on my personal list. :thumbsup:

decadentdave
08-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Revenge of the Sith is not only my favorite Star Wars movie but also my favorite film of all-time. I have waited 28 years for this film and it lived up to and exceeded all of my expectations. The duel lived up to my every dream and imagination of how it would unfold. It was better than I could ever have hoped for. Some of you original trilogy purists may disagree but in spite of its faults, Revenge of the Sith has more substance and is more dramatically and emotionally satisfying than any of the other films in the saga. This film is the pillar that the entire saga rests upon, therefore, it HAD to be the strongest of the six films. This film wrote itself (bad George Lucas dialog notwithstanding). Empire Strikes Back was my favorite film of all-time for 25 years but its day has finally come and gone.

2-1B
08-24-2005, 12:16 AM
"Only gettin' better" and it's my favorite of the series, ESB and AOTC tie at number 2.

I think ROTS makes me like all 5 other movies even more than I did before. Is it a perfect movie ? No, no it's not. But it is my favorite of the series for a number of reasons.

darthverbo
08-24-2005, 07:02 AM
I've seen it over 15 times. I don't think it is getting better. I loved it soooooo much in the first place. Plus the excitement of finally seeing Anakin turn to Darth Vader. It is hard to top the first viewing.
I did enjoy seeing other things that I hadn't seen in previous viewings.
My wife thinks I am nuts for watching it so many times. Part of it is when the original trilogy came out, I didn't live in a big town so multiple viewings weren't possible. Now that I'm older and live in a city, I can see it as much as I want!!!!!!
I can't wait for the DVD!!

nellas
08-24-2005, 07:14 AM
I have seen this films a few times in the theaters and about 4 more times at home. (A family member gave me a copy of the Russian version of the film on DVD last week - the opening credits and scroll are in Russian but the dialog is all in english with no subtitles - the DVD is much darker and harder to see some scenes than theatrical release). After watching if a few more times over the weekend, I feel that while this film was good if not great, it could have been even better!

How - well for starters - the dialog! True to form of the new trilogy, the dialog seems hard for the actors to speak and as such makes it hard for me to thoroughly suspend disbelief and feel totally immersed in the movie.

For kicks, I was listening to the audio books CDs on the way into work this morning and I feel that if the movie had been at least as interesting as the book reads, this movie would have easily dominated all others by far including the OT. If this wasn't the last SW movie to hit theaters, I would strongly suggest to Lucas that he pair up and work with writers and those who adapt his screenplays for books to further strengthen his story-telling on screen BEFORE he captures ANYTHING on camera.

Visually, this movie sets new standards. The opening space battle was Amazing - especially in the theaters. I remember watching Anakin and Obi-Wan fly over the top of the desroyer for the first time and I felt like I was actually on a roller coaster :thumbsup: (Sadly this loses its effect on a smaller screen :sad: ) That being said, there were parts in this movie where I felt that sometime the visuals were a bit too much and the "less is more" approach would have been more appropriate. I think that maybe there was a bit too much reliance upon the blue screen. I think that if the story and diaglog are strong, you don't need to cover it up with over-the top visuals and blue screen work. The movies of the original trilogy, IMHO, are stong because the stories stands on their own and the story sucks you it for the whole ride. While the visuals in the OT were groundbreaking, they do not appear to be put in the movie unnecessarily. They seem to be put in to support the story in a way that allows you to suspend relity for a while and makes you feel like you are there in Mos Eisley or flying through space on the X-Wing.

With the last 3 movies, I can't help but feel that most of the visual work we see in the movies was put in to say "see what we can do now with this technology!"

Just my $.02.

stillakid
08-24-2005, 07:46 AM
I voted that it is just as bad as the first time. As good as those first 20 minutes are with the droids and Grievous, the side camp is still secondary to what this movie is supposed to be about. And Anakin's downfall is done so incredibly poorly from start to finish (really, starting in TPM) that the entire Prequel Trilogy rates very low.

I haven't seen it since it left the theaters so I can say that the good news is that it doesn't seem to be getting worse and worse, but that may change after the DVD comes out. We'll see. :)

SNAYSON
08-24-2005, 08:14 AM
it's better than episode 1 and 2, but episode 3 ROTS is still nothing to rave about. LOTR & original sta wars trilogy still rules! I definitly voted for EP3 just as bad as the first 2 episodes.

skeeziks22
08-24-2005, 10:45 AM
I voted "getting better and better", but I've only seen it twice so it should be simply "it got better". I'm excited to see it again now that I read things about stuff happenign in the background... and also the idea that smoe new scenes have been added (someone mentioned seeing it at a hotel with some added scenes!).

I can't say it's the best of the six... I wish the story in this one was spread over two movies... but for what it's worth, it's a great flick, and the second viewing was better than the first.

CaptainSolo1138
08-24-2005, 12:00 PM
It's still as good as the first time I saw it. That's it. No elaboration. Well, except for that. And that.

Ji'dai
08-24-2005, 04:11 PM
it's still as bad as the first time

I've seen ROTS twice, once on opening day and then again at the dollar theatre a few months later. I feel this episode really jumped the shark at several points:
- Anakin's sudden supplication as Palpatine's apprentice
- The Really Weird Death of Padme Amidala-Skywalker
- Frankenvader
These things were so jarring that they just pulled me right out of the film. I rate ROTS and TPM as the worst films in the saga. I now consider the entire prequel trilogy to be Expanded Universe material and not true canon.

Rogue II
08-24-2005, 04:31 PM
I haven't seen it a second time yet, so I didn't vote. I probably won't see it again until it comes out on DVD. My wife and I aren't willing to take a 4 year old and a 1 month old to the theater. In my opinion, Episode 1 got better the more I saw it, but Episode keeps getting worse every time I see it. It is to the point I have trouble watching it after the chase scene. ROTS is my 5th favorite Star Wars movie, only ahead of ATOC. I can't see it getting worse, but I doubt it will get much better in my eyes.

Was anyone else waiting for Gene Wilder to pop out during the Vader scene and scream, "It's alive! It's ALIVE!!!!"? And the following Vader "NOoOOoOoOo!" was terrible.

When the DVD comes out, I'll make sure to watch the animated series before it (thank you Tivo). My wife hasn't seen either, and I don't feel like explaining it to her. I'll do my best to watch it with an open mind. I feel kind of bad that I don't like ROTS as much as the rest of you seem to, but don't be suprised when this movie cleans up during the annual Raspberry Awards.

2-1B
08-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Whatever dude, :rolleyes: Stealth, The Island, Deuce Bigalow 2 and Fantastic Four will finish ahead of ROTS for the Razzies. There are others I could name, too.

Turbowars
08-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Do it, I dare you, I double dog dare you.:yes:

2-1B
08-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Alone in the Dark, Son of the Mask . . . do I really need to keep going here ? :rolleyes: Okay, then I will: Guess Who, The Hooneymooners, Elektra for Christ's sake . . . really, the only thing I know for sure about the Razzies this year is that they should have a hard time dumping all the awards on one film since there is so much crap out there. So I wouldn't expect a dominating performance like Catwoman and Freddy Got Fingered (which I love, by the way ! :) ).

Hell, even AOTC got several noms but IIRC it didn't really win many of them. ROTS is much better received than AOTC, so it won't be "hip" to micturate all over it (though some people here still feel that way lol lol lol).

Tonywankenobi
08-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Seen it 4 times and still find it as good as the first time I saw it. Cant wait for the dvd.

kool-aid killer
08-25-2005, 10:19 AM
I liked it when i first seen it and i still do. Despite its flaws its an enjoyable flick to me. I dont go watch it and agonize over the "Nooooooo!" or anything else. If anything, i always find something new that i missed out on when i first seen ROTS so its still interesting to me.

2-1B
08-25-2005, 01:30 PM
I read early reviews of how "bad" the Noooooo was, then I actually saw the movie and thought Meh, it's not great but it's not bad either. It doesn't bother me.

trandoshan666
08-25-2005, 01:42 PM
I've seen it six times and my appreciation for the movie grows each time I see it. Like some others have said, I find something new every time. I can't wait for the DVD release.

foolio1968
08-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Hello, this is my first post to these forums. I voted better and better. I guess that I wanted to address this question and other comments made by fans and critics since the release of TPM. First of all, I think the prequels are great. Some twenty-seven or eight years ago, I sat in a theater as an unexpected eight year old when that star destroyer came across the screen, and then saw the first appearance of our favorite sith lord and wondered what or who he was. I don't think I was really afraid of him as I was curious. The Saturday matinee, that summer was where my brother, cousin, and I seen the movie another eight times for $1.00 a ticket. The next summer, riding on the resurgence of sci-fi popularity and the anticipation of Star Trek The Motion Picture, this fella opened a sci-fi collectables shop downtown. To the fanfare of a Grand Opening, a Star Trek convention in which we met Jimmy Doohan (Scotty), we had for a time, a place to go on weekend afternoons and ogle over collectables and discuss Star Wars with the owner. Now older fans will recall, that collectables and info on the movies were slim to none and a lot of it, I have a suspicion, was not licensed through Lucasfilm. Like The Darth Vader business cards. But man did we speculate on this and that aspect of the soon to be saga. And once it was revealed that there was to be a sequel, we were beside ourselves with excitement. We wanted to know about Obi-Wan being a general, the clone wars and of course Mr. Lucas fueled the legend of the famous lightsaber duel that won Lord Vader his black armor and hatred of an old friend. When V and VI were released, I read both novels the day before going to the movie. So there was little surprise with each one and of course I cheated myself out of what some consider one of the most surprising revelations on film ever. At any rate, I have still yet to match the excitement and chill that that first few scenes of IV gave me. Now let’s keep this in perspective, I am speaking of a cinematic experience, nothing real world like the birth of my sons. The damn movie was revolutionary. And it did expose me to a larger world where I became interested in politics, government, and spirituality. Not to mention those cool *** lightsabers. That being said, I think people lose sight of this fact. They want the same thrill every time. Kinda like a drug. Great the first time but then you spend the rest of your time chasing that euphoric feeling. I really get tired of “The prequels suck” camp. In my opinion they do a very good job of telling us of the fall of a great Jedi. There are some things that I don’t really care for like Jar Jar. But as Mr. Lucas demonstrates, all of his characters have a purpose in the bigger picture, and the fact that Representative Binks was duped into bringing that motion to the floor of the senate was great. Makes me wonder if that was a product of his low opinion rating with fans or was it to be all along. What about Darth Maul? Like I said I seen IV when I was eight, Vader did not really scare me. But I have to admit that I found Maul to more menacing and my heart rate actually went up when those doors opened in the hanger on Naboo, and we all knew it was on like Donkey Kong. And when Qui-Gon was impaled, I could feel the shock of the whole theater. I was 31 years old then. In my opinion, and I am sure many of you agree, the most powerful part of the whole saga, is Anakin’s turn. We know it’s going to happen. We know it’s inevitable, but we have just spent the last six years getting to know a very emotional and caring young man. And it is heart breaking to see his fall. Heart breaking to lose this friend of ours to the Dark Side of the force. Obi-Wan’s lines to him as he lies mortally wounded on Mustafare brought tears to my eyes and furthermore Anakin, after he is beaten cannot let go of his hate. The original trilogy had the feeling of flying by the seat of your pants. It was partly about a rebellion and rebellions can be like that. The prequels are about a grander time, when old institutions and traditions ruled the day. And so I think you are going to have a different set of feelings with each trilogy. I realize this has run a bit long, but I do have one last point to make. Mr. Lucas, who you must remember is just a very good story teller, has given us a gift of pop culture legend. In times like we live in it can sometimes be easy to be pessimistic about life. But the ultimate message is this I think. Only, when you are being selfless and loving can you find true happiness. “Let Go,” should be the catchword of the day. The 800 year old green sage tells us that fear, jealously, hate, and anger leed to self destruction. I would bet that here on our own planet that that philosophy is promoted through various faiths and beliefs. I think that we should thank Mr. Lucas for his small, or large, part in reinforcing these ideals and truths in our contemporary society and, just maybe, if more people subscribed to this belief, the world would truly be a much better place. May the Force be with You…

scruffziller
08-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Freddy Got Fingered (which I love, by the way ! :) ).

NO YOU CANNOT STOP ME NOT WITH MY CHEESE HELMET!!!! NOT WITH MY CHEESE HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best comedy films of all time!!!!:D :thumbsup:

mastermatt24
08-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Hello, this is my first post to these forums. I voted better and better. I guess that I wanted to address this question and other comments made by fans and critics since the release of TPM. First of all, I think the prequels are great. Some twenty-seven or eight years ago, I sat in a theater as an unexpected eight year old when that star destroyer came across the screen, and then saw the first appearance of our favorite sith lord and wondered what or who he was. I don't think I was really afraid of him as I was curious. The Saturday matinee, that summer was where my brother, cousin, and I seen the movie another eight times for $1.00 a ticket. The next summer, riding on the resurgence of sci-fi popularity and the anticipation of Star Trek The Motion Picture, this fella opened a sci-fi collectables shop downtown. To the fanfare of a Grand Opening, a Star Trek convention in which we met Jimmy Doohan (Scotty), we had for a time, a place to go on weekend afternoons and ogle over collectables and discuss Star Wars with the owner. Now older fans will recall, that collectables and info on the movies were slim to none and a lot of it, I have a suspicion, was not licensed through Lucasfilm. Like The Darth Vader business cards. But man did we speculate on this and that aspect of the soon to be saga. And once it was revealed that there was to be a sequel, we were beside ourselves with excitement. We wanted to know about Obi-Wan being a general, the clone wars and of course Mr. Lucas fueled the legend of the famous lightsaber duel that won Lord Vader his black armor and hatred of an old friend. When V and VI were released, I read both novels the day before going to the movie. So there was little surprise with each one and of course I cheated myself out of what some consider one of the most surprising revelations on film ever. At any rate, I have still yet to match the excitement and chill that that first few scenes of IV gave me. Now let’s keep this in perspective, I am speaking of a cinematic experience, nothing real world like the birth of my sons. The damn movie was revolutionary. And it did expose me to a larger world where I became interested in politics, government, and spirituality. Not to mention those cool *** lightsabers. That being said, I think people lose sight of this fact. They want the same thrill every time. Kinda like a drug. Great the first time but then you spend the rest of your time chasing that euphoric feeling. I really get tired of “The prequels suck” camp. In my opinion they do a very good job of telling us of the fall of a great Jedi. There are some things that I don’t really care for like Jar Jar. But as Mr. Lucas demonstrates, all of his characters have a purpose in the bigger picture, and the fact that Representative Binks was duped into bringing that motion to the floor of the senate was great. Makes me wonder if that was a product of his low opinion rating with fans or was it to be all along. What about Darth Maul? Like I said I seen IV when I was eight, Vader did not really scare me. But I have to admit that I found Maul to more menacing and my heart rate actually went up when those doors opened in the hanger on Naboo, and we all knew it was on like Donkey Kong. And when Qui-Gon was impaled, I could feel the shock of the whole theater. I was 31 years old then. In my opinion, and I am sure many of you agree, the most powerful part of the whole saga, is Anakin’s turn. We know it’s going to happen. We know it’s inevitable, but we have just spent the last six years getting to know a very emotional and caring young man. And it is heart breaking to see his fall. Heart breaking to lose this friend of ours to the Dark Side of the force. Obi-Wan’s lines to him as he lies mortally wounded on Mustafare brought tears to my eyes and furthermore Anakin, after he is beaten cannot let go of his hate. The original trilogy had the feeling of flying by the seat of your pants. It was partly about a rebellion and rebellions can be like that. The prequels are about a grander time, when old institutions and traditions ruled the day. And so I think you are going to have a different set of feelings with each trilogy. I realize this has run a bit long, but I do have one last point to make. Mr. Lucas, who you must remember is just a very good story teller, has given us a gift of pop culture legend. In times like we live in it can sometimes be easy to be pessimistic about life. But the ultimate message is this I think. Only, when you are being selfless and loving can you find true happiness. “Let Go,” should be the catchword of the day. The 800 year old green sage tells us that fear, jealously, hate, and anger leed to self destruction. I would bet that here on our own planet that that philosophy is promoted through various faiths and beliefs. I think that we should thank Mr. Lucas for his small, or large, part in reinforcing these ideals and truths in our contemporary society and, just maybe, if more people subscribed to this belief, the world would truly be a much better place. May the Force be with You…

Welcome! I Have to be honest and say I didnt even read your post. (I will eventually- dont worry :) )
Well guys.. Looks like we got a new Tycho .. ;) :crazed:

Rogue II
08-25-2005, 04:51 PM
I read early reviews of how "bad" the Noooooo was, then I actually saw the movie and thought Meh, it's not great but it's not bad either. It doesn't bother me.

Wow, I didn't realize there were that many bad movies out this year. Quite honestly, I heard Batman Begins was decent, some even say it is the best Batman. Other than that, I haven't even been interested enough in any recent movie to even bother looking at the reviews. Come to think of it, since 2000, I've only movies I've seen in the theater are ATOC, ROTS, the 2nd Lord of the Rings film, and Big Fish. I'm real picky about the movies I see, on DVD or in the theater. Most of the newer DVDs I watch are comedies that friends highly recommend. I can't really pinpoint when or why I lost interest in Hollywood. I'd rather watch sports or a good documentary, or just play video games.

SplFrcsCWO
08-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I have only seen it once and that will tide me over until the DVD release. Everything came across as rushed for time (wans't the movie barely 2 hours?). After fighting Palpatine for 30 seconds Yoda decides he must go into exile?? Lucas didn't even try. Anyone notice he didn't make another bet with Spielberg about opening box office numbers? Hopefully there will be some decent deleted scenes that offer a clue as to his original intent for the movie.

stillakid
08-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Hopefully there will be some decent deleted scenes that offer a clue as to his original intent for the movie.

Yoda was supposed to shoot first. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Whatever dude, :rolleyes: Stealth, The Island, Deuce Bigalow 2 and Fantastic Four will finish ahead of ROTS for the Razzies. There are others I could name, too.The higher something flies though, the further it falls, and in that regard I think ROTS stands "above" those in terms of Razzies... except possibly for The Island which was a big Michael Bay flick so it flew pretty high yet bombed out at the box office, but I hear it's not that bad only disjointed like 2 separate movies.

Turbowars
08-25-2005, 09:19 PM
The higher something flies though, the further it falls, and in that regard I think ROTS stands "above" those in terms of Razzies... except possibly for The Island which was a big Michael Bay flick so it flew pretty high yet bombed out at the box office, but I hear it's not that bad only disjointed like 2 separate movies.I thought the Island was a great movie. I was surprised it did so poorly. That Freeway crash is one of the best that I have seen. They didn't even break even $ wise. :sad:

bobafrett
08-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Welcome! I Have to be honest and say I didnt even read your post. (I will eventually- dont worry :) )
Well guys.. Looks like we got a new Tycho .. ;) :crazed:

No, you can't deem someone the new Tycho, when the old one will be back with us eventually, plus it is only his first post. Is he the kind of collector Tycho is? Does he love the smell of mouse droids in the morning? Does he have the strange quirks that make Tycho loved so much. Only time will tell. He is only a mere apprentice in my eyes, give him a couple thousand posts, then we will know.

Turbowars
08-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah no more long @ss posts from you bro. I didn't read Tychos and I'm surely not going to read your. :twisted:

Once you get to know me you will realize I am joking and full of crap 99.99% of the time.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-25-2005, 10:07 PM
AInt that the truth :rolleyes:

Turbowars
08-25-2005, 10:11 PM
See, this is the crap I have to put up with. Gosh!:upset:

Kidhuman
08-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Nothing but :love: for you bro.

2-1B
08-26-2005, 12:05 AM
The higher something flies though, the further it falls, and in that regard I think ROTS stands "above" those in terms of Razzies... except possibly for The Island which was a big Michael Bay flick so it flew pretty high yet bombed out at the box office, but I hear it's not that bad only disjointed like 2 separate movies.

I haven't seen The Island yet so I don't know if it's good or not (I love Ewan McGregor and I'd like to check it out). :)

Nevertheless JT, the reviews on ROTS have been more positive than many of the films I listed (not to mention better reviews than TPM and AOTC) so I don't see them going after ROTS that hard. Your comparison that "the higher it falls" really doesn't come into play here IMO, considering AOTC "lost" to Swept Away and TPM "lost" to Wild Wild West. :grin:

Mad Slanted Powers
08-26-2005, 05:26 PM
I haven't seen The Island yet so I don't know if it's good or not (I love Ewan McGregor and I'd like to check it out). :)

Nevertheless JT, the reviews on ROTS have been more positive than many of the films I listed (not to mention better reviews than TPM and AOTC) so I don't see them going after ROTS that hard. Your comparison that "the higher it falls" really doesn't come into play here IMO, considering AOTC "lost" to Swept Away and TPM "lost" to Wild Wild West. :grin:Indeed. The review that appeared in the local paper (though I'm sure it wasn't a local reviewer) actually gave ROTS four stars (out of four). Plus, if it is about having a long way to fall, I think a lot of people had given up on the saga long ago. Thus, this movie wasn't as far below expectations as the first two.

I voted for getting better. The first time through, the Anakin submitting to Palpatine scene didn't work for me. Also, I felt some things with Obi-Wan and the children were a bit rushed at the end and didn't tie in with the OT as well. Upon further viewing, it made more sense.

I also don't understand the big problem with Vader's "Nooooo". He was angry and responded accordingly. I also didn't have a problem with Anakin's "Yippee" in TPM. He was just a kid happy to be done with his work for the day. :yes:

JediTricks
08-26-2005, 07:38 PM
I thought the Island was a great movie. I was surprised it did so poorly. That Freeway crash is one of the best that I have seen. They didn't even break even $ wise. :sad:I didn't see it for a few reasons: Michael Bay sickens me. The marketing was pretty miserable. The title wasn't inspiring. The casting seemed flat. All that added up to "at best I'll wait to see it on video". I think the second reason there (bad marketing) is why most folks didn't see it, though I wouldn't be surprised if any of the others had something to do with it for most moviegoers who avoided this flick.

Caesar, Wild Wild West deserved a razzie not for just '99, but for the surrounding years as well. What a piece of garbage. But my point about how high it flies fits there, it had a massive budget and marketing campaign.

2-1B
08-26-2005, 10:48 PM
But then what about Swept Away ? An intimate little picture, almost felt like an indie. :D It didn't quite have indie cred . . . more like indie crap. ;)

Wild Wild West ? Still haven't seen it. Don't plan to, either. lol lol lol