PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a New Expanded Universe Line.

DarkArtist
08-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Yes it's that time again when the EU thread comes into play but I have a thought that might make it easier for everyone to except it and be happy all at the same time. :pleased:

"MAKE THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE FIGURES AN EXCLUSIVE" :grin:

Now I'm not talking about having Walmart, Target, or TRU having the sole rights to these figures, I talking about having someone like StarWars.com or Hasbrotoyshop.com have them as their exclusives. This way, collectrs can have access to these figures, their not clogging up the shelves ****ing other off that there are no figures that they like on the pegs, and us EU fans can have a line that is made for us. See the possibility for happiness by all. :yes:

Now as far as ideas for the line: each wave will be themed to include either characters from one of the games or various books, as well as 1 to 2 ships/vehicles. Sources that could be tapped might include the popular EU thoughts: Crimsion Empire, Dark Forces, Republic Commando, The Old Republic Series of games, The New Jedi Order, Dark Empire Series, maybe even some of the Clone Wars novels as well as concepts from the cartoon series.

Now here would be my breakdown:

CRIMSION EMPIRE:

Kir Kanos
Carnor Jax
Mirth Sinn
Sadeet
Merkon
Lt Massimo
Schimitar Assualt Bomber :yes: :yes: :yes:

Dark Forces 1&2

Kyle Katarn
Jan Ors
Rahn
Lord Jerec
Boc the Crude
Yun the Dark Youth
Sariss
Gorc and Pic two pack
Maw
The Moldy Crow

Dark Empire 1&2 plus Empire's End

Clone Emperor
Lord Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia
Older Han Solo
Cam Solusar
Executor Sedriss
Boba Fett
Ninx
Salla Zend
V-Wing
E-Wing

New Jedi Order

Han Solo
Leia Organa
Luke Skywalker
Yuzzan Vong (Various)
Borsk Feyla
Ganner Ryhsode
Jaina Solo (X-Wing Pilot)
Jaina Solo (Jedi)
Jacen Solo (Jedi)
Anakin Solo (Jedi)
Mara Jade Skywalker
Kyp Durron
CoralSkipper
Black Deco Millenium Falcon

Clone Wars (this can be both animated versions as well as regular)

Arc Trooper (New and Improved)
New Various Clones (As seen in cartoon series)
All new Anakin Skywalker in combat gear
All New Obi Wan Kenobi in combat gear
Various Jedi see in the series and mentioned in the books
Qui Lon Vos
Clone StarFighter from the first cartoon :yes: :yes: :yes:
Anakin Starfighter
Assaj Ventros Starfighter

Now I know this thread will get alot of grief from the EU haters but hey if for nothing else perhaps Hasbro will read these threads and make this a reality. Plus like I mentioned earlier, these can be exclusives to the above websites that were mentioned and not pegwarming the local TRU. :yes:

CaptainSolo1138
08-24-2005, 12:49 PM
"Clone Wars" isn't that EU :D , so I'll chime in with a couple:

*Gatling Gun Clone
*Ithorian Jedi
*Talz Jedi

El Chuxter
08-24-2005, 12:58 PM
I can see that, but I have to say that generic Yuuzhan Vong warriors would look much better if at least Nom Anor, Onimi, Tsavong Lah, and Shimmra get dedicated figures.

kool-aid killer
08-24-2005, 01:11 PM
I like the idea of an exclusive Expanded Universe line for those of us who want those types of figures, but i dont think including vehicles would be a good idea, they seem to be too big a risk. I wouldnt mind some figures of the pilots from the Rogue Squadron series of books.

Captain Spoon
08-24-2005, 01:24 PM
I think this would be a sweet idea! Even if you don't dig EU having a line for collectors with this that had all new sculpts and new characters without any figg'n ninja grip actin would be welcomed in my book. The KOTOR figures are something they have to do.

2-1B
08-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Agreed, they should be sold online so as to not take up retail space in stores. :grin:

jedi master sal
08-24-2005, 05:12 PM
KOTOR:
Carth Onasi
Canderous Ordo
Zaalbar
Mission Vao
Juhani
T3-M4 (Can be repacked for KOTOR II line)
HK-47 (Can be repacked for KOTOR II line)
Darth Malak
Bastilla Shan
Jolee Bindo
Sith Trooper (Can be repacked for KOTOR II line)
Republic trooper (Can be repacked for KOTOR II line)
Darth Revan (this should be a delue fig with multiple head swaps included)-Also this should have two variants: a male and female version of the figure.
and Possibly Motta the Hutt as a Deluxe (hey they can break out the Jabba mold and repaint the fig-saves them money...)
Ship Ebon Hawk!
and possibly:
Davik
Calo Nord
Rakata Alien
Saul Karath
Darth Bandon

KOTOR II:
Mira
Darth Sion
Atton Rand
Kreia
Bao-Dur
"Disciple"
"Mandalore"
Visas Marr
Echani Handmaiden
Darth (what's his face with the skull plate-damn, I'm getting old that I forgot his name)
I know there's a couple I'm forgetting here so feel free to chime in-but try to keep them to MAIN characters or great army builders.

Republic Commando:
Delta Three-Eight (Boss)
Delta Four-Oh (Fixer)
Delta Oh-Seven (Sev)
Delta Six-Two (Scorch)
Geonosian Warrior (just rerelease it)
Geonosian Elite (a retooled Warrior-Hasbro can save some money here)
Geonosian Drone
Trandoshan Heavy Merc!
Trandoshan Slaver

Some maybes for the Commando line are:
Battle Droid (again can rerelease these too and save money)
Super Battle droid
Droideka
Advanced Dwarf Spider Droid
Greivous Bodyguard (Magna Droid)

Umbra
08-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Words cannot express how much I'd LOVE an EU line (But Hasbro, my wallet is willing too ;) :yes: :love:)

However, I think what you are asking may be pushing it a bit too far. I'd cut that list down too Main characters we reallly want, cut out some of the more side characters from tha tlist so we have a practical premiere line up for Hasbro. And if that has success then we can go back to those we cut.

However, i think KoToR and COmmando can have their own lines do to the popular video game backings.

An example of a select line, feel free to edit:

Kir Kanos (Crimson Empire)
Carnor Jax (Crimson Empire)
Kyle Katarn(Dark Forces)
Jan Ors (Dark Forces)
Whoever the Dark side leader was in Dark Forces 2
Han Solo (New Jedi Order)
Leia Organa (New Jedi Order)
Luke Skywalker (New Jedi Order)
Nom Anor(New Jedi Order)
Shimmra(New Jedi Order)
Jaina Solo (Jedi) (New Jedi Order)
Jacen Solo (Jedi) (New Jedi Order)
Anakin Solo (Jedi) (New Jedi Order)
Mara Jade Skywalker (New Jedi Order)
Kyp Durron (New Jedi Order)
Corran Horn (X-wing Series, I, Jedi)
Arc Trooper (Red)
Qui Lon Vos (Clone Wars)
Talon Karde
Lando Clarisian(New Jedi Order)

I think we have a better chance of getting a line where we aim at the most important EU characters and go from there. Including versions of the classic gang may help garner interest in the line from those less liking of the EU. If this were too be successful, i'd totally love to see a 300th/500th/Cinema scene type package/diorama of Chewbacca defying the moon

DarkArtist
08-25-2005, 09:56 AM
I know that the clone wars cartoon is not considered a source of EU but since most people believe that the games and the novels make up the EU world..... Clone Wars has been a game and there have been Clone War novels as well. I used the starship out of the cartoon because from what I remeber alot of the fans wanted this ship to be made and the clones from Season 2 looked awesome.

I think if the line came in waves then it might be possible to get some of the minor characters introduced. The lists i originally submitted i think only had the major characters of those lines. As far as ships yes it might be a risk at first but if the ships are made right and are not overpriced hunks of plastic then it might be possible. :thumbsup:

mastermatt24
08-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Yea.. we need Tycho... :(
I do think that it needs to be refined to a couple figs, not an entire line, if there is even a chance at them being made
(although I would love an entire line)

mastermatt24
08-26-2005, 02:34 AM
This would be a list I would propose (ones with a *):
* Kir Kanos (Crimson Empire)
Carnor Jax (Crimson Empire)- we could get away with just one right?
Kyle Katarn(Dark Forces)- already have him
Jan Ors (Dark Forces)-already have a DF person
Han Solo (New Jedi Order)-havent we seen enough hans, lukes,and leias??
Leia Organa (New Jedi Order)
Luke Skywalker (New Jedi Order)
*Nom Anor(New Jedi Order)
Shimmra(New Jedi Order)- I think nomwould be the most reconizable
*Jaina Solo (Jedi) (New Jedi Order)Wouldnt you rather have twins over another han??
*Jacen Solo (Jedi) (New Jedi Order)
*Anakin Solo (Jedi) (New Jedi Order)
Mara Jade Skywalker (New Jedi Order)- already have her
Kyp Durron (New Jedi Order)- already have 4 NJO listed
*Corran Horn (X-wing Series, I, Jedi)
Arc Trooper (Red)- already have multiple versions
*Qui Lon Vos (Clone Wars)yes! great comic choice!
Talon Karde- I would say yes, but not that essential
Lando Clarisian(New Jedi Order)- we got enough landos..

SO...
That would leave:
*Qui Lon Vos
*Corran Horn
*Anakin Solo
*Jacen Solo
*Jaina Solo
*Nom Anor
*Kir Kanos

What do you guys think?

Umbra
08-26-2005, 01:05 PM
yeah you nailed what i would most want from my list...though i would like some era kyp durron figure too

InsaneJediGirl
08-26-2005, 04:16 PM
I'd love to see some Expanded Universe stuff. If Hasbro is worried they wont sell in the general population,why not just make them online exclusives through SWShop,EE, or the Hasbro store?

El Chuxter
08-26-2005, 05:31 PM
I still find it rather strange the most of the EU stuff we have had has sold well.

Expanded Universe: sold like hotcakes

Clone Wars: sold like hotcakes

Clone Wars Animated: sold like hotcakes

Concept Art Figures: sold like hotcakes

Deluxe Topless Maul: sold like hotcakes

Asajj Ventress Unleashed: early to tell, but seems to be doing at least average

Shadows of the Empire: about half sold like hotcakes, the other half pegwarmed a bit due to oversaturation (who needs or wants two Xizors?)

Concept Art Vehicles: did pretty okay

Overall, it's a pretty strong track record. Much stronger than the track record for any Neimoidian figure or combination thereof, and yet we're getting another Neo Warrior soon.

Slicker
08-26-2005, 06:08 PM
I was thinking earlier and I realized that we already have an EU line and it's called Unleashed. If you look at 'em all they're for the most part EU poses. Fett coming out of the Sarlaac, Aurra Sing, Stormtroopers firing and not being hit.

This thread is now closed.

El Chuxter
08-26-2005, 06:12 PM
I was thinking earlier and I realized that we already have an EU line and it's called Unleashed.

True, but the geniuses in Hasbro marketing have cancelled the line. :(

DarkArtist
08-31-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't agree with the idea that the Unleashed line was the EU line since most of the characters used were seen in the movies.

DarkArtist
09-01-2005, 02:27 PM
I would also love to see the Phase 1 2 and 3 Dark Troopers in Dark Forces as well as a Moldy Crow Starship. And i know that the Clone wars is a touchy subject on whether or not it is considered EU but the latest issue of the Star Wars Insider labels the top 10 greatest Expanded Universe moments and the Clone Wars is included.

Umbra
09-01-2005, 06:30 PM
I would also love to see the Phase 1 2 and 3 Dark Troopers in Dark Forces as well as a Moldy Crow Starship. And i know that the Clone wars is a touchy subject on whether or not it is considered EU but the latest issue of the Star Wars Insider labels the top 10 greatest Expanded Universe moments and the Clone Wars is included.

Out of curiocity what were those moments? I canceled Insider to avoid Ep 3 spoilers, and then with added hyperspace costs decided it wasn't worth it.

DarkArtist
09-02-2005, 09:02 AM
I not sure as to all of them but I think some of them the introduction of General Grievous and the duel between Anakin and Ventross in the Clone Wars Cartoon. The death of Ton Phelon from the novel X-Wing Solo Command, The Death of Borsk Feyla from the NJO novels, The duel of Luke Skywalker and the Dark Lady from Marvel Comics. The return of Emperor Palpatine.

I can't remember the othe four entries, but the clone wars according to the insider are considered to be EU. I'm not sure why and I can't say i agree since they were on TV and approved by Lucas and since they had mention of in ROTS you would think they wouldn't be considered EU.

El Chuxter
09-02-2005, 01:00 PM
True, but this article also claimed that the Glove of Darth Vader books had their loyal defenders.

Loyal defenders of this garbage, speak up now or I will continue to assume the Insider was full of poo when it said that!! lol

DarkArtist
09-02-2005, 04:02 PM
True the book "the Glove of Darth Vader" was by far the lamest form of literature on the planet, but it was written for kids and the Insider listed it as one of the Most Embrassing Moments of EU.