PDA

View Full Version : This is fake.. right?

mastermatt24
08-24-2005, 09:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-ROTS-TOYS-R-US-EXCLUSIVE-HOLOGRAPHIC-EMPEROR_W0QQitemZ5994836266QQcategoryZ101609QQcmdZ ViewItem
I sure hope that is fake...

Ji'dai
08-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Looks like the real deal to me. Holographic figures must be the official craptacular replacement for the silver ones.

bobafrett
08-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Plus they didn't even bother to make a new mold, it looks like they just used the same crappy Palpatine as the one early in the basic figure line.

Jango Speck
08-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Plus they didn't even bother to make a new mold, it looks like they just used the same crappy Palpatine as the one early in the basic figure line.

I loved that scene where Palpy's hologram engages in a lightsaber duel and uses force power/lightning on the guy who's watching the hologram. :D

Rocketboy
08-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Yep, already another thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29633) on it from the other day.

JimJamBonds
08-24-2005, 11:15 PM

No big shocker there, the holo Aayla Secura is the same as 'in person' Aayla.

Slicker
08-25-2005, 02:29 AM
Man, that would look good if it didn't look like such a piece of crap.:whip:

mtriv73
08-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Um, didn't we just get a holographic emperor last year?

Captain Spoon
08-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Whew! Thank god for that figure, now I have $10 bucks I can move from my Star Wars fund and put in the Beer & Pizza fund. This figure looks like butt-cheek.

General_Grievous
08-25-2005, 09:39 AM
I may get it only because I didn't get the Holo Emperor from last year. But it's probably free with a $20 purchase or something, right?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2005, 11:41 AM
They revealed this earlier this year at Comic-Con. It's the same mold as the horrendous ROTS Palpatine with Firing Force Lightning figure. This is a bizarre choice since in ROTS when he appears as a life-size holograph, he's not yet scarred (when he tells Grievous to move the separatists to Mustafar), and every time he appears after he kills Mace he's either small (to the clone commanders) or huge and only from the waist up (to the folks on Mustafar). It would have been better if they just re-released the Darth Sidious holograph figure from 1999. But oh well, I'll still get it anyway . . .

Deoxyribonucleic
08-25-2005, 12:49 PM
what i want to know is why people feel they must spend obscene amounts of money on something that will be most likely somewhat free, just to have it first?? It's just weird to me!

CaptainSolo1138
08-25-2005, 01:16 PM
what i want to know is why people feel they must spend obscene amounts of money on something that will be most likely somewhat free, just to have it first?? It's just weird to me!
I'm pretty sure 95% of it is bragging rights. Maybe the other 5% is obsessive compulsion :confused:

Slicker
08-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Back in the day I used to pay double for some figures pretty much for the right to have it before everyone else. It's sad and that's why I don't do it anymore. I've still got holes in my collection only because Ebay doesn't deserve my money sometimes.

waboritas
08-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I'd rather spend my money on pizza and beer than on any action figure. Had somebody put it to me that way in '97, I would have got drunk a lot more than I have, which is quite often. Gimme an ice cold beer over a Star Wars Figure any day. They are cheeper, taste better, don't frustrate the hell out of you, stores are always well stocked, don't have to go to WM, Target, TRU, or KB to get them, and a-holes can't scalp them. Hands down, drinking beer is a much better hobby than collecting SW figures. On the flip side, collecting SW figures could also drive you to drink........

Deoxyribonucleic
08-25-2005, 04:52 PM
lol lol :yes: lol lol

"Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." - The Beer Barron

:thumbsup:

jimmymiro12
08-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeh that would go great after a long day of running to find the sw stuff. It mihgt not be an evolution set bbut it will ease the pain.:yes: :yes: :yes:

jimmymiro12

dindae
08-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Just make sure you do the drinking after you go hunting. It would suck to wake up in the morning and find the the exclusive shortpacked figure you bought the night before turned out to be the lastest wave of Ninja Turtles. lol

Rocketboy
08-26-2005, 10:13 AM
They are cheeper, taste betterNot always, it all depends on what your drinking. :D

jedi master sal
08-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Whew! Thank god for that figure, now I have $10 bucks I can move from my Star Wars fund and put in the Beer & Pizza fund. This figure looks like butt-cheek.

I dunno, some butt-cheeks look pretty darned good...(You have surfed the net right? ha ha)

I may get it only because I didn't get the Holo Emperor from last year. But it's probably free with a $20 purchase or something, right?

That I know of it's a TRU exclusive. It will be free with a $15 pruchase. THough I have heard the $20 and $25 numbers kicked around as well. Regardless, with the last dozen due out son, if this Holo Emp comes out around the same time, we'll have no problem spending the dough to get him.

-Sal