PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons: Season Six DVD

JEDIpartner
08-25-2005, 11:31 AM
Is it just me and my partner or do you guys hate the new packaging? I think this would have been fine if they had started the entire run this way but to suddenly start at season six is stupid. We're not collecting anything higher than season five. :upset:

JimJamBonds
08-25-2005, 11:45 AM
I hate it as well, the one thing though JP (at least for my 2 cents) these are the good seasons now. Season 6 has tons of great episodes, crappy packaging or not I couldn't stop the urge from buying it. lol

dds2001
08-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Why don't you just order the regular box?
They have an 800# you can call and order it for 2.95.
No big deal.
Don't stop buying because of the packaging, this is when the show hits it's high points!

wedge1968
08-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Season 5 was the best season, but things are still rolling pretty well at this poing (season 6). Like the last person said, just order the alternate box (it is what I am going to do).

Deoxyribonucleic
08-25-2005, 12:43 PM
JP, this is "WHO SHOT MR. BURNS?" time...you can't possibly miss out on that! :) And besides, you can order a box that is just like the others in the set. It's actually really funny...calling the number you get to hear Homer and it's hilarious, then they send you to a website and you get your box and all the things they say are so funny.

I picked "Lonely, box will be new best friend"

Has anyone ordered the box yet?

2-1B
08-25-2005, 01:33 PM
My box is on order, just waiting to get the confirmation email that it was sent out to me. Soon . . . soon . . . :evil:

Mandalorian Candidat
08-25-2005, 01:59 PM
JP, this is "WHO SHOT MR. BURNS?" time...you can't possibly miss out on that! :) And besides, you can order a box that is just like the others in the set. It's actually really funny...calling the number you get to hear Homer and it's hilarious, then they send you to a website and you get your box and all the things they say are so funny.

I picked "Lonely, box will be new best friend"

Has anyone ordered the box yet?

We have the other thread in this section about S6.

I ordered mine two days after it was released. I guess that makes it due to arrive in 3-5 weeks instead of the full 4-6. :thumbsup:

2-1B
08-26-2005, 12:16 AM
ManCan, please be a lamb and post as soon as you get your confirmation email, we sent in the same day so I'd like a heads up as to when they are starting to ship ! :grin:

JP, I hear ya on the sucky packaging but I beg you not to give up and stop after 5, this season 6 set is my favorite collection of episodes to date ! ! ! :)

UKWildcat
08-26-2005, 12:29 AM
I'll own all of the Simpsons on DVD regardless of the packaging. It is simply one of the best shows of all time. They could throw all of the discs in an envelope and I'd still buy it.

I hear ya Caesar, there are some classic eps in S6. (BTW, Oh Brother Where Art Thou is an amazing movie, of course anything put out by the Coen bros is)