PDA

View Full Version : Super die casts

RobertDD
08-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Wow, did anyone see these? http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news?m=show&id=31744Is that action fleet size? (if so, whoho!)

Jangu Fett
08-26-2005, 03:54 PM
It is Action Fleet, just made of metal. I'll pass on the X-Wing, and maybe get 2 Gunships. Can't wait for some ROTS ships.

AndyW
08-26-2005, 04:18 PM
I just hope this line goes beyond the these early waves, I just get a back feeling we will have a repeat of the 2002/2003 AF events.

There is wonderful potential in this line, ok, the X-Wing and other rehashes is a little lame, but we got a prototype glimses of the Tri-fighter a couple of months back, which looked very detailed, and it will be nice to get another chance to have the gunship, especially as how difficult that was to get in AF form. I'll certainly try and get a Gunship as I love the craft design.

It just all banks on getting a good mix of new and interesting ships in the future. Judging by the disposition of the types in the Titanium line, I'd say the chances are better than average, just for the love of the force will they release this stuff to the rest of the world!

AndyW
08-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Didn't notice the link to the Hasbro site in the original news link. Properly packaging pics are up and everything, nice. Wal-mart exclusives for the first Wave again, but the wording of the news story suggests that will change with later waves.

Hasbro site link (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.EF435A79-D56F-E112-48859853315A6CEF/default.cfm)

Slicker
08-26-2005, 05:09 PM
I may have to keep buying the MM just because I love the way these are packaged!! I definitely like it.

andrespeed
08-26-2005, 10:09 PM
If they are Action Fleet size, but made of meatl, they definetly will be in my collection. I doesnt matter wich ships they made, all of them will be a very very adittion to my colection, besides, I love the new boxes!!!

sergiurusu
08-29-2005, 03:23 AM
I think I'll pass these ones. They are just AF made of metal. :tired: Tomorrow they'll make AF sized ships/vehicles of wood, carboard and who knows what else. :sad:

sicqnus
08-29-2005, 03:41 AM
Hi,

Love them. I hope the painted turrets gunship version is the production one. I don't know why they cut the end of the rocket launchers on the gunship. It's a little odd. And if they'll paint the side turrets, why not the wing ones ???
Just my two cents.

The X-wing becomes uglier year after year... But anyway it looks better with this new paintjob.
The Tri-fighter looks very promising and I'm dying to see the ARC-170 fighter.
I hope we will have a pair of JSF (Episode 1 and 2) with pilots for the future waves.

RobertDD
08-29-2005, 08:42 AM
I don't care if they make action fleet ships in metal, wood, plastic, paper (although I would object having to glue it together myself) as long as they keep offering action fleet. And as far as theh choice for the first two vehicles, too bad they didn't do NEW vehicles, but for rehashes I think they made a good choice. I for one cant wait till they show up at Walmart.

BTW, someone mentioned we got some previews of a tri-fighter? were did you see those?

DarkArtist
08-29-2005, 09:59 AM
I am so looking forward to this line. Not sure if I will collect all of the line but definately going for the gunships. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

sicqnus
08-29-2005, 04:30 PM
BTW, someone mentioned we got some previews of a tri-fighter? were did you see those?

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/7241/protoaf20065uw.jpg

AndyW
08-29-2005, 04:33 PM

Amongst the Comic Con pictures there was a shot of a packaged Tri-Fighter of this line. You couldn't see that much, but it was enough, looked great.

Pics should be knocking around the photo gallery, I gather there was a Boba Fett infront of it if that helps identification of the picture.

Edited to say, see above, Sicqnus isn't lazy like me and found you the image :)

Warstar
09-01-2005, 06:46 PM
These may be metal Action Fleets, but since I sold all of my ships except for my Virago AF (and a Rogue 2 Snowspeeder I kept open at this point, too ;)), I will collect these big ol' Titanium ones. One, because I won't have to play "Catch up." Two, because I miss my AF's...

Has everyone forgotten the AF Star Destroyer and Death Star that were never made?

Can we say "METAL" ones? :shocked:

I HOPE SO! :love:

I'd be a happy camper if I had a Die-Cast Star Destroyer (aside from the broken Vintage one I have rotting in a box somewhere :p) :lipsrseal

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I would be very choosy on what ships I did get. For display purposes, the Action Fleet X-Wing floats my boat and purchasing a die-cast ship that is the same size (btw, any estimates on how much?) is something I am not going to do. That being said, I like the Tri-fighter a lot and would probably plunk down my money on that, but any ship I do have in Action Fleet already, will get scrutinized before I buy it in diecast.

RobertDD
09-02-2005, 03:04 PM
I am so looking forward to these. Thanks for digging up the picture, Sicqnus. So what's the word, are these going to feature "Action Fleet" on the packaging (I did not see it on there anywhere)?

jaxx
09-02-2005, 04:51 PM
YEah... what's the price tag on these? Anybody heard anything?

JediTricks
09-03-2005, 03:37 AM
A very unwelcome $20. Still, I love metal toys, so I am probably going to jump in on these like a chump. If they do another Vader TIE though, there's no way.

Slicker
09-03-2005, 03:42 AM
$20? That seems quite steep for such a relatively small vehicle. Looks like I may have to draw a line somewhere.

JediTricks
09-03-2005, 03:48 AM
Exclusives cost more in general, this much metal probably costs a little more to ship, and I think they're looking to make a big profit here (since the molds were already paid for, every pressing of an old mold is profit). Action Fleet was $10 a decade ago, I would think they'd be $12 or $13 by now and then the exclusive factor would come into play as well. Maybe they'll take the price down, they said they were $20 back at SDCC I believe.

LTBasker
09-03-2005, 05:29 AM
I would so be willing to do the $20 price tag if these came with figures. I assumed Hasbro wouldn't do them, but had hopes.

JediTricks
09-04-2005, 11:57 PM
No figures at this point, but I gather they haven't entirely killed the idea for the future.

Warstar
09-05-2005, 05:22 AM
*Hopes once again for a Star Destroyer, Death Star, Jedi Starfighter(s) (Ep II and Ep III versions)...hoping they skip Dooku's Solar Sailor...etc.*

yorkie
09-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Hoping against hope that they'll redo the E-Wing and Tie Defender in diecast, they must have the original AF moulds somewhere.

jaxx
09-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Only the first two are supposed to be exclusives to Wal*Mart... after that, you should be able to find the other ones at the other retailers... supposedly.

So, the "exclusive factor" shouldn't be a factor for these to be $20.

mastermatt24
09-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Eh. ANOTHER x-wing..? exactly what i need... :tired: But.. a GUNSHIP! :D I dont like the $20 price tag.

sicqnus
09-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Pricetag is OK if the sculpts are better and if the new vehicles will get figures.

Warstar
09-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I hope 90% of the toy is die-cast, with only the windows and what-not being plastic. If it's just a glorified die-cast body with all plastic parts I'll be ****ed at $20 a pop...

We'll see I suppose.

SHOPPING MAUL
09-08-2005, 08:02 PM
I think that the new line of super die casts could be great
but only if Hasbro produces new ships/vehicles...
There are plenty of ships and vehicles from episode 2, and 3
that would make great collectibles.
Also i think it would be great if Hasbro reproduced some of
the action fleet ships from episode 1 like the sith infiltrator,
TF droid control ship, TF tank(no remote), etc
I think that reproducing the Republic gunship is a great idea,
but the x-wing fighter?????
Please Mr. HASBRO, give us starving fans of the Micromachines
new ships/vehicles never before made in action fleet size!!!!!!!!

Jedi_Mike
09-11-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm looking forward to this line. AF size! Awesome...hopefully this line doesn't get cancelled soon....

SHOPPING MAUL
09-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Hasbro made a super die
cast of the Obi-Wan red jedi starfighter with the
hyperdrive ring from Attack of the Clones?
I know that there is a plastic model of this, but
wouldn't you like to see it!!!!!

JediTricks
09-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Hasbro made a super die
cast of the Obi-Wan red jedi starfighter with the
hyperdrive ring from Attack of the Clones?
I know that there is a plastic model of this, but
wouldn't you like to see it!!!!!
Yeah, that's one I've been hoping they'd do in Action Fleet (or pretty much any MM-based) scale for a while.