PDA

View Full Version : That one guy from Color Me Badd - bad father but he'll sell you a wicked set of tires

2-1B
08-27-2005, 12:36 AM
TV Anchor Sues Former Color Me Badd Singer
OKLAHOMA CITY - Bryan Abrams, a former singer with the 1990s boy band Color Me Badd, is being sued for $16,000 that his ex-wife alleges he owes in back child support.

Shon Gables, a news anchor for WCBS in New York City, filed the lawsuit and appeared in Oklahoma County District Court earlier this week with the singer's other ex-wife, Ashly Abrams.

The 35-year-old Abrams was one of the founding members of the Oklahoma-based quartet, whose debut album, "C.B.M.," sold more than 8 million copies. Their hits included "I Wanna Sex You Up" and "I Adore Mi Amor."

Gables estimates she has spent $10,000 trying to recover support owed by Abrams, who now works in an Oklahoma City tire store.

Ashly Abrams, a hairdresser, said she helped pay Bryan Abrams' legal fees against Gables until their own three-year marriage ended in 2003. The singer has played no role in the life of their 3-year-old daughter, Ashly Abrams alleges.

Bryan Abrams issued a statement claiming, "My ex-wife's allegations are simply that: 'allegations.' I prefer to tell my side of the story in court, where I am confident that God will see that truth prevails."

Abrams attorney, Floyd Taylor, told District Judge Allen J. Welch that his client didn't know about the child support agreement and is seeking to have it overturned.

Abrams' fiance, Kim Frazier, said he is working on a new recording to follow his 2001 solo album, "Welcome to Me."

Gables says Abrams long ago spent all the money he made during his Color Me Badd days: "He has nothing to show for it, except the ASCAP publishing he co-owns with other members of the group."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050826/ap_en_ce/people_bryan_abrams;_ylt=AryAJbzCHqOe1dgKNDSaww0nH L8C;_ylu=X3oDMTA3YXYwNDRrBHNlYwM3NjI-

Not sure that I need to even comment on this, as the thread should write itself :D but come on now . . . dude, if you were in a huge boy band with little or no (non-fabricated) talent, why not squirrel away some of that money ?

And really, I'm not cracking on anybody who works for a tire store and makes an honest living for his or her family. :) But really, it's kind of funny that this guy goes from nothing to become a pop sensation, then blows his money and works for a tire store while working on his solo records all the while being a deadbeat dad. lol

The thing about a solo album is hilarious, not to mention his belief that God will see to it that the courts sort through it all properly.

Slicker
08-27-2005, 12:41 AM
"Oh, mommy, mommy. Can we get new tires put on the van by the guy from Color Me Badd?"

Kidhuman
08-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Damn from a pop star to a tire sale man. LMAO. I guess he shouldnt have sexed her up and he wouldnt be in the situation.

2-1B
08-27-2005, 12:57 AM
Sound advice, KH. Thou shalt not sex one up nor adore mi amore unless thou planst to be a father to any child who springs fro' doth loins.

Kidhuman
08-27-2005, 01:03 AM
LMAO, I couldnt think of the mi amore song. I knew there was another skywalker song

2-1B
08-27-2005, 01:12 AM
I think my sister had their cassette tape. She was 15, I was 12 . . . I loved that song.

JimJamBonds
08-27-2005, 02:06 AM
Maybe this third marriage will finally work out for him. lol

Kidhuman
08-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Caesar, I went to a concert at Jones Beach in the early 90's. They were there and C&C Music Factory and Bel-Biv-Devoe. :hides:

JimJamBonds
08-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Caesar, I went to a concert at Jones Beach in the early 90's. They were there and C&C Music Factory and Bel-Biv-Devoe. :hides:

WOW! If that isn't a crusty lineup I don't know what is... actually the only thing crustier would be to see those three together now. lol

El Chuxter
08-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Man, that's pathetic. You think the royalties from "I Wanna Sex You Up" being in that one movie (New Jack City?) would be enough to keep the dude from working in a tire shop.

Nothing wrong with auto work, but it seems a step down from the #1 spot on TRL.

2-1B
08-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Hey KH, did C+C make you sweat til you bled ? ;)

bobafrett
08-27-2005, 11:38 PM
I pay child support, and my son lives with me! If it weren't so expensive to fight it in court, I would. Hey, at least he is working. BTW, I was never a fan of "Color me Badd", I just used to hear those two songs when I would go to my hair stylist.

JimJamBonds
08-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Don't forget also he has two ex's that I'm sure took a chunk of that Color Me Badd nest egg, which as was already noted the child support can't help things.

CaptainSolo1138
08-27-2005, 11:52 PM
That's what he gets for adding superfluous letters to the end of words.

JimJamBonds
08-28-2005, 12:00 AM

Although I agree with you Cappy, the part in me that stirs the pot has to point out that if that is the case shouldn't there be numerous threads explaining similar circumstances for the other C.M.B. members? :razz:

2-1B
08-28-2005, 03:20 AM
I just used to hear those two songs when I would go to my hair stylist.

Which member was he ? lol lol lol lol lol

Point well made, I wanted to spell "bad father" as "badd father" in the thread title but I had just enough space for the title as it was.

CaptainSolo1138
08-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Point well made, I wanted to spell "bad father" as "badd father" in the thread title but I had just enough space for the title as it was.
That'ss OKK, Caess. Wee cann takee caree off thatt heree inn thee threadd!

Kidhuman
08-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Soo wee startt typingg likee thiss fromm noww onn??

bobafrett
08-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Yepp Justt too confusee thosee darnedd outsiderss. Ii Justt confusedd myselff. Thankss.

2-1B
08-28-2005, 11:17 PM
BobaFrett already has the extra T at the end of his name, so he's already past you guys. :p

Slicker
08-29-2005, 02:59 AM
Caesarr brokee thee rulee.

Kidhuman
08-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Gett thee switchh forr Caeasrr

bobafrett
08-29-2005, 07:30 PM
BobaFrett already has the extra T at the end of his name, so he's already past you guys. :p

Yess, Ii Rulee !!

Mad Slanted Powers
09-03-2005, 12:52 AM
I remember when Beavis and Butt-Head thought they were a supergroup consisting of George Michael, Kenny G and Snow. A super suck group.