PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Food Promotions

K M Toydarian
08-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Saw at the grocery store today lots of bagged Hallowe'en candy with Star wars graphics and glow in the dark wrappers. Good to see Star Wars back in the ailses!

kool-aid killer
08-27-2005, 11:47 AM
What kind of candy was it? If i can find it (most likely it will come over here) thats what i will be handing out to the little kiddies that stop by my house.

Ji'dai
08-27-2005, 11:58 AM
That's cool, I love Halloween. Hopefully it's good candy like M&Ms, Snickers, Milky Way, etc..

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2005, 12:51 PM
I picked up a bag of milk chocolate M&M's containing several smaller glow-in-the-dark packages with Anakin on it, and a peanut one with Mace, a few weeks ago. So are these for Halloween? I hadn't ever seen them before (or since) but the box containing them didn't say anything about Halloween.

Kidhuman
08-27-2005, 01:06 PM
I just checked WM and they had poo-doo

Slicker
08-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Heck. Kids nowadays get SW candy for Halloween and all I got were those nasty things in the black and orange wrappers.

BTW, WHAT THE HELL WERE THOSE

JimJamBonds
08-27-2005, 03:27 PM
What kind of candy was it? If i can find it (most likely it will come over here) thats what i will be handing out to the little kiddies that stop by my house.

Umm where do you live again kool-aid killer I can't quite remember? lol

Heck. Kids nowadays get SW candy for Halloween and all I got were those nasty things in the black and orange wrappers.

Great call there Slicker! I forgot all about those things, they were nasty. :yes:

Ji'dai
08-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Heck. Kids nowadays get SW candy for Halloween and all I got were those nasty things in the black and orange wrappers. BTW, WHAT THE HELL WERE THOSE MARYJANES! Kinda like a peanut buttery taffy with a squirt of peanut buttery stuff in the middle. I like MaryJanes but Bit-O-Honeys are better.

I think those M&Ms with the glow-in-the-dark packaging are for Halloween. Saw 'em last year with Cartoon Network characters on them.

decadentdave
08-27-2005, 04:47 PM
I have been serching for months for The Empire Strikes Back Kudos boxes. I have all of them except for this one because none of my local grocers stock the chocalte chip assortment of Kudos. Anybody else see these and where did you find them? I need my Kudos!

Ji'dai
08-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Of all the episodes, I never saw ESB Kudos boxes either. Maybe they didn't make a box for that film.

vader68
08-27-2005, 08:58 PM
I like MaryJanes but Bit-O-Honeys are better.

Bit-O-Honeys were my favorite, you can't find them anywhere except at halloween time. And then they are only the bite size, not the full size bars they used to make.Any way, I saw the candy last week in Stop and Shop and I believe it was M&M's, Milkyways, and Snickers, but not positive.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I see little bags of Bit O' Honey everytime I visit the Dollar Tree store.

Also, don't know if this is a record, but at that same store last week I saw Christmas Items being ready to stock on the shelves.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Of all the episodes, I never saw ESB Kudos boxes either. Maybe they didn't make a box for that film.
That's also the one I'm missing (plus a few of the variant cards on the back). I know they made it since it's on the side of all the other boxes, and I saw it on display at CIII with the other ones. I should've stolen one then. :D Who knows though, I still see some Kudos boxes with Shrek 2 on them, so maybe I'll see some next year or so. :rolleyes:

Ji'dai
08-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Spotted the Halloween candy today at Wal-Mart. Bags of 'fun size' Twix, Snickers, MilkyWay, 3Musketeers, M&Ms, Starburst, and Skittles all come with Star Wars Episode III graphics.

I also saw a Darth Vader Halloween costume for dogs at WM. Yes, now your favorite canine can go Trick-or-Treating this year as the Dark Lord of the Sith, or maybe Batman and Scooby Doo too, among others...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Spotted the Halloween candy today at Wal-Mart. Bags of 'fun size' Twix, Snickers, MilkyWay, 3Musketeers, M&Ms, Starburst, and Skittles all come with Star Wars Episode III graphics.

I also saw a Darth Vader Halloween costume for dogs at WM. Yes, now your favorite canine can go Trick-or-Treating this year as the Dark Lord of the Sith, or maybe Batman and Scooby Doo too, among others...
Holy crud! I collect food packaging so it looks like I better get started again. :D Those lil' trick-or-treaters will likely get a lot of leftover SW food, after I get the package.

Ji'dai
08-30-2005, 08:15 PM
I dunno, I don't think parents would let their kids eat candy that had been removed from the packaging. You're just going to have to eat it yourself. At least you've got two whole months to get snackin'

Slicker
08-30-2005, 08:19 PM
I'll probably just wait until all of the Halloween candy goes on sale in a week to make room for Christmas decorations.:thumbsup:

2-1B
09-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Actually I think the plural would be classified as Bits-O-Honey and not Bit-O-Honeys.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-05-2005, 01:29 PM
I dunno, I don't think parents would let their kids eat candy that had been removed from the packaging. You're just going to have to eat it yourself. At least you've got two whole months to get snackin'
Oops, I guess that came out wrong. What I meant to say is that I'll keep the outer package that contains the whole bunch of candy, then give them the little individual (but still wrapped up) bars/bags.

I'm also collecting the little bags (one of each), and it got a whole lot more frustrating when I found out that there's multiple answers to "Who is R2-D2's Master?" (Those on the wrappers being Queen Amidala, Anakin, Princess Leia, and Jabba the Hutt, and for all I know, a few others.) I wonder if there are other ones like that?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-07-2005, 07:14 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=94642

Oh my dear sweet God . . . I've got a looooooong way to go.

Ji'dai
09-07-2005, 10:36 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=94642

Oh my dear sweet God . . . I've got a looooooong way to go.

I've never heard of Crunchy M*Azing. I've seen the other candy listed there though. Whew, 153 different packages. I'd rather put my money into toys than candy wrappers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-08-2005, 05:26 PM
I've never heard of Crunchy M*Azing. I've seen the other candy listed there though. Whew, 153 different packages. I'd rather put my money into toys than candy wrappers.
Haha, I know what you mean.

Here's some great news (for me, at least) . . .
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=94672

The Dark Chocolate M&M's are coming back! Yesssssss!!! I love these so much, and hopefully they will be in the same packages, as I'm missing several of them. I don't know if they'll re-release the other SW M&M's, but I hope so, as I'm missing about three of them.

Ji'dai
09-12-2005, 04:52 PM
I finally saw the ESB Kudos boxes today in the most unlikely place - Menards, a home-improvement store. The boxes looked pretty dusty and were right up front in the main aisle. I've probably walked by them several times when I go in there looking for.. uh, ...wood.

Anyway, I noticed that there are different collector cards on the back. The ESB boxes I looked at had alternating cards: R2, 3PO, or Boba Fett (in the carbon freeze chamber).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2005, 05:33 PM
I finally saw the ESB Kudos boxes today in the most unlikely place - Menards, a home-improvement store. The boxes looked pretty dusty and were right up front in the main aisle. I've probably walked by them several times when I go in there looking for.. uh, ...wood.

Anyway, I noticed that there are different collector cards on the back. The ESB boxes I looked at had alternating cards: R2, 3PO, or Boba Fett (in the carbon freeze chamber).
Holy butts! I might want to purchase them from you, if there are more.

Ji'dai
09-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Holy butts! I might want to purchase them from you, if there are more. I didn't buy any for myself, I'm content to just look at them on the shelf ;) If you want a box or two let me know which cards you're looking for and I'll pick them up next time I go. I think they are $2.50 a box plus tax.

figrin bran
10-10-2005, 12:08 PM
the Kellogg's lightsaber spoons are starting to ship in boxes once again and just in time to promote the dvd.

and what should come out of the "reissue" box i got from WM but yet another red spoon! so much for hoping that all the blues and greens might turn up.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-10-2005, 12:32 PM
the Kellogg's lightsaber spoons are starting to ship in boxes once again and just in time to promote the dvd.

and what should come out of the "reissue" box i got from WM but yet another red spoon! so much for hoping that all the blues and greens might turn up.

Just when I finished my 15th box of the sickingly sugary Honey Smacks . . .

bobafrett
10-10-2005, 04:50 PM
I found a box of Rice Krispies today that had a lightsaber spoon. At first I thought they had an old case of cereal on the shelves, until I looked at the side of the box and there was an advertisement for the EPIII DVD and the new video game. It had Vader on the front, but yet another RED spoon inside.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Has anybody seen the Large bags of dark M&M's? I recently found many Medium bags, and they were all the same ones from April.

For the different Halloween candy wrappers, it doesn't seem like every kind of candy has every kind of wrapper, and some are exclusive to a few (for instance, "What is Chancellor Palpatine's Secret" is only on Three Musketeers, I think).

Rocketboy
10-22-2005, 04:36 PM
(for instance, "What is Chancellor Palpatine's Secret" is only on Three Musketeers, I think)....WELL???
You can't leave us hangin' like that!
:crazed:

2-1B
10-22-2005, 05:41 PM
His secret is that he wears women's underwear.

I bought a bag of mini caramel Twix today, it had Anakin on the bag. :bored:
The wrapper had the question "Who is R2-D2's master?" and I probably would have answered Luke and got it wrong because the glow-in-the-dark says Princess Leia.

Tricky one there ! :eek:

Rocketboy
10-22-2005, 07:33 PM
His secret is that he wears women's underwear.That was supossed to be a secret?

The wrapper had the question "Who is R2-D2's master?" and I probably would have answered Luke and got it wrong because the glow-in-the-dark says Princess Leia.Could have been Padme, Anakin, Luke, Leia, Capt. Antilles, or even Jabba (sort of).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2005, 07:38 PM
There are multiple answers to the R2 question - Queen Amidala, Luke, Princess Leia, Bail Organa, Anakin, and Jabba. There are also three answers for "Who is a Sith Lord," being Chancellor Palpatine, Darth Maul, and Count Dooku.

figrin bran
11-01-2005, 01:54 AM
ho hum...another box of fruit loops...another red saberspoon. :cry:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Where are you finding these boxes? I have scoured the local grocery stores and Wal-Mart looking for them. Perhaps they aren't available where I live.

kool-aid killer
11-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Finally! After countless cereal boxes with the red spoon-saber a box of Fruit Loops revealed a green spoon-saber to me. Im so excited, i dont know whether to eat the cereal with me or treasure it. Now if only that stinking blue one would pop up in the next box...

figrin bran
11-28-2005, 02:11 AM
Where are you finding these boxes? I have scoured the local grocery stores and Wal-Mart looking for them. Perhaps they aren't available where I live.

hey LBC, i've been finding them at Wal-Mart. i just bought another box of fruit loops yesterday and got another neimo warrior! heh, no, 'twas the red saberspoon actually but it might as well have been a neimo.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-28-2005, 06:08 PM
I got Froot Loops a few weeks ago at WM and got the elusive green saber spoon. All is now set right with the world. :D

I still have to open all my candy without ruining the wrappers . . . that's gonna be real fun.

figrin bran
12-03-2005, 09:29 PM
1 box of fruit loops from WM today yielded 1 blue spoon!!! this is the first time in like 10+ boxes that i've found anything other than red.

i actually have a blue one already from a trade with lowly bantha cleaner and so if anyone wants to trade a green one for my blue one, lmk.