PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons 3 packs?

Verdiboy
01-16-2002, 11:47 PM
Hey, i saw in a toy magazine that playmates might be putting out simpsons 3 packs containing previously released figures. Does anyone know anything about this?

Brian

Fulit
01-16-2002, 11:49 PM
I don't know anything about it, but that might be cool for people like me, who missed some the first time around, like Lisa and Grandpa.

Jayspawn
01-17-2002, 12:40 AM
Are they 'action figure' 3-packs or are they those Blocko 3-packs? I know that Playmates is making blocko 3-packs that have characters like Lisa, Grandpa, Burns, etc. But I havn't heard anything about 'action figure' 3-packs being released.

* By the way, the Blocko 3-packs look like misshapen Lego pieces of crap. What is Playmates thinking? All we need is more Simpsons junk warming the shelves.

Verdiboy
01-17-2002, 03:36 PM
"Are they 'action figure' 3-packs or are they those Blocko 3-packs? "

These would be action figures. I think i saw it in LEE's or TOMART a few months ago.

These maybe were gonna be exclusives.

Brian

JediCole
01-17-2002, 05:39 PM
If the three pack story is true, scalpers look out, those who missed out the first time will have a new lease on their Simpsons collection's life.

As for the Blockos, I agree with Jayspawn, they are terrible! What indeed was Playmates thinking?! It seems DC Direct has jumped on a similar bandwagon with the Pocket Heroes (at a staggering $10.00 for two) which do not look nearly as awful, but are still stupid.

JediTricks
01-18-2002, 02:26 AM
The Blockos and DC's Pocket Heroes are both trying to capture the Medicom Kubrick popularity. I think Playmates is totally insane though, the Simpsons as Kubricks makes as much sense as when they tried to rip off Action Fleet for Star Trek. Don't get me wrong, I love Trek, but those toys sucked bad.