PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Covert Ops Clone Trooper Action Figure w/exclusive Collector Case!

Battle Droid
08-29-2005, 12:15 PM
StarWarsShop.com (http://www.dpbolvw.net/8i115cy63y5LNOPRUOSLNMPSPPMM)

JimJamBonds
08-29-2005, 12:23 PM
aka silver/grey/black trooper. After looking at the closeups it doens't seem quite as cool as I first thought.

spang2005
08-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Crap. OF course, since it's a clone, I'll have to get two of these. One to keep in package and one to open. This is going to hurt the bank account. $13.99? That's absurd, but I'll pay it for a clonetrooper.

mastermatt24
08-29-2005, 12:52 PM
I like it.. :yes: Even if it has a high price tag :whip:

Bacta Beast
08-29-2005, 01:19 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: @#$%! I'm sick of these retailers and online stores raping us for exclusives!!!!!! The wedge figure,Target's SP clone, EE's clones & droids, these are all very desirable but what's with the price tag??!!! C'mon you guys, ease up on us overtaxed, underpayed fanboys!!!

DarkArtist
08-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Amen to the pricing. $13.99 is a little rich but I think the figure looks good and I love the Packaging. Might have to get two myself. As I am not really a carded collector anymore, still this figure will look nice next to the silver Toy Fair Vader and the other silver edition figs.

General_Grievous
08-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Yay! One more cheaply made gimmick I don't have to buy!

vader68
08-29-2005, 01:58 PM
I hated to do it, but because it was a clone I got one.If I hadn't bought it I would have regretted it probably. 13.99 was steep for a fig, but I have missed out on all the other exclusives so far, so I got this one. Hopefully I will be happy with my desicion.

wedge1968
08-29-2005, 02:04 PM
OK, wait. This is not the Black Stealth Clone Trooper, right? Wasn't that supposed to be a Target exclusive? Is this the same thing?

Battle Droid
08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
No, this is a different figure.

Captain Spoon
08-29-2005, 02:28 PM
damn with shipping this thing is like $20 bucks!!. I'll pass it's not that cool looking. plus when the hell was this thing ever in the movie?

Kidhuman
08-29-2005, 02:57 PM
First off, it looks stupid. Secondly it is way overpriced. Thirdly, I aint buying it. Fourthly, it looks even stupider on a second glance.

jaxx
08-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Does anyone even know what kind of articulation this thing is supposed to have?
Oh well...
As we've learned with everything else Hasbro sells... that stupid collector's case is worth $8 more, according to Hasbro. WTF??!!:frus: It makes no sense! They'll let Target sell a 5 pack of collector cases for $10, but Hasbro will throw one on your figure (which you have no choice of) for 4 times as much...errrgggg:upset:

Hellboy
08-29-2005, 03:24 PM
I think the price is fair. Afterall it is an exclusive and for once it isn't a repack or another unnecessary holographic figure. This is actually something I'm excited about. :pleased:

Figures like this are what exclusives should be, something unique and special. I welcome variations such as this even if they weren't in the film. Sure it might not be for everybody and exclusives have never and will never be as cheap as figures at retail so I fail to see why people are taking issue with the price here. If you don't like it don't buy it, simple as that. It just leaves more of them for those of us that do like it. :razz:

BTW I ordered the max of 5. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-29-2005, 04:32 PM
I think this looks pretty nice. I'll eventually get one. This caught my eye:

This figure debuts a new line of troopers being released by Hasbro in the coming months.
So will there be more like this? Will the Target one be in this line? Hopefully they'll eventually start making clones from the film in this line, like the Utapau troopers and whatnot.

Ji'dai
08-29-2005, 04:55 PM
First off, it looks stupid. Secondly it is way overpriced. Thirdly, I aint buying it. Fourthly, it looks even stupider on a second glance. My thoughts exactly. It's a joke - another silver figure but with camo design. Garbage.

Slicker
08-29-2005, 06:02 PM
I definitely like the packaging on this bad boy. As for the figure I'm not a fan of it. As stated above there are tons of MOVIE clones that still need to be made so why are they making EU ones?

Hellboy
08-29-2005, 06:17 PM
As stated above there are tons of MOVIE clones that still need to be made so why are they making EU ones?

If they did that everybody and their mother would be up in arms about being forced to pay these ridiculous prices for a figure that should've been included in the basic figure assortment. :tired:

Thats why I think this makes for a perfect exclusive. It is something that if you like, great, if not let it pass and maybe the next offering will appeal more towards you. Either way I love me some Clones so I say bring em' on. :love:

JEDIpartner
08-29-2005, 06:18 PM
It's really kinda stupid, innit... but gosh, why do I love it so much?

El Chuxter
08-29-2005, 06:18 PM
I've never been more torn on a piece than with this one.

On the one hand, I think the figure looks cool. And Clones are always cool.

On the other hand, why are they making EU Clones--and making up EU Clones at that? I'd rather have a Corran Horn figure than some Clonetrooper who's completely a creation of Hasbro.

And the price is pretty high.

Maybe one of the "new line" will be a pink Clonetrooper? That'd be cool. Not.

DarthQuack
08-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Oh well, I ordered 5 of them. I'll probably just end up dealing 4 of them.

timmae
08-29-2005, 08:37 PM
tough to pass up a clone. got my money again. a bit steep. we all would have even paid more though. EE's got us with the droids too coming up. they must be spying on what we have to say here! :whip:

AmanaMatt
08-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Ok, while it is a kinda cool looking fig, I do have a problem with getting yet another made up Clonetrooper:

1) There are a whole boat load of cool looking Clones that were actually in the movie that I would much rather have first - this is too similar to the Stealth Trooper.

2) I am tired of the far superior #41 sculpt getting used on non-movie Clone Troopers, while we get a single carded 501st Trooper made out of a inferior sculpt

3) The high price is awful!

I hope this new line that is eluded to does not include Non Movie (ie pulled out of Hasbro's arse) Clone Troopers - its not like there is a lack of cool looking and 'in the movie' Troopers to choose from!

Umbra
08-29-2005, 09:56 PM
I personally think the figure is pretty nifty. But i'm torn it looks sweet on card...but i'm generally a loose collecter. MAybe for the holidays...

Price :whip:

abell748
08-30-2005, 08:10 AM
I like the card alot. I think that the trooper is kinda cool (and it is a clone). My exclusives wall is screaming for this one so I guess I will pick me up one. I will not complain about the price too much, it is same as the Target figures and it is a few dollars cheaper then the Wedge figure from ssw.com.

Jayspawn
08-30-2005, 08:45 AM
I never say no to a Clonetrooper, but I am this time. The price is waaay to high, though it looks cool I cant justify paying that much for it plus shipping. That and it wasnt in the movie either. I'd rather go out and buy 4 more white clones for the same price.

Blackened88
08-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Well being the big fan of clones I am when I seen him I instantly bought five, price means nothing to me when it comes to clones.

BlueSnags
08-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Well, they are gonna sell like hotcakes, that's for sure. Remember the Target Exclusive Clone for $12.99? I didn't see too many of them warming the pegs. Plus, if you order five, the shipping comes out to $1.75 per figure. With the price of gas these days, that's not outrageous when you think of all the running around it takes to score even one of these exclusives. :grin:

Snags

Luuuuuuke
08-31-2005, 10:35 PM
The price is way too steep, I agree, especially if you're a loose collector, which is where I stand. But I still ordered one. I can afford more, but I wouldn't feel good about paying that price for more than one clone.

Lord Malakite
10-03-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't see the figure on the site any more, so I think it is safe to say it has sold out.

BlueSnags
10-04-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't see the figure on the site any more, so I think it is safe to say it has sold out.

Yeah, looks like it's gone.

Slicker
10-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Damn. I didn't even realize that he was for sale yet. I'm slacking on my nerdiness I guess. I'm off to check ebay.

thestarwarsman
10-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Price is high but doable for one I just can't convince myself it is worth the extra to buy more than one. I am always subject to change.

K M Toydarian
10-05-2005, 09:29 PM
I think the "case" this comes with is the same case we have seen before (Target clone and 5 packs), BUT, has anyone ordered any regular fig from StarWarsSHop.com that comes with a "StarWarsShop-branded collector star case"? Is this the same, but with their Logo instead of the Star Wars logo on the back? Holiday Vader says it comes with this case too, so is that a different case since the card is OTC?

thestarwarsman
10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
E-bay has one that I checked out but the bid has to be higher than 27.00 as that is what I bid and got a you've been outbid notice. To rich for me.

BlueSnags
10-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey, just saw the pics for the SWS Covert Ops Trooper. Needless to say, the packaging looks awesome and the figure itself is pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Snags

Hellboy
10-12-2005, 07:16 PM
That looks sweet. :thumbsup:

Looking back I'm really glad I decided to pick up more than one of these.

Slicker
10-12-2005, 08:25 PM
I like how they went different with the packaging but it reminds me of some cheesy ripoff packaging that I've see in the past. I'd like to have one of these but I never got around to ordering one.:bandit:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-12-2005, 08:36 PM
I also never ordered one, but somewhere said that they might put it back on the site after they fill all the pre-orders and start taking real orders.

Interesting how it says it's celebrating the release of ROTS on DVD and VHS, though no VHS is coming.

Jango Speck
10-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Interesting how it says it's celebrating the release of ROTS on DVD and VHS, though no VHS is coming.

No VHS for the U.S., but there will be VHS for other territories.

figrin bran
10-12-2005, 10:45 PM
the figure looks soooo awesome! now i wish had ordered two b/c i just know i'll want to open it.

BlueSnags
10-21-2005, 07:32 PM
the figure looks soooo awesome! now i wish had ordered two b/c i just know i'll want to open it.

Here's your chance, but you gotta HURRY...they will be gone again soon.

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104205

Major Karr
10-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Says unavailable again.

TheDarthVader
10-21-2005, 11:23 PM
You know, it would make good sense for Hasbro to just crank these out like there is no tomorrow. If people will buy these at $13.99 a pop, buy more than one, and buy them so fast that they sell out TWICE...then logic should tell them to just make like 500,000 of these. Why not? I think they could sell every last one. I am no longer a member of the fan club (expired about a month ago), but I would love to have just one of these figures. And they keep selling out so what's the use? Hasbro just needs to make a lot of these clone troopers! EVERY FAN WANTS AT LEAST ONE.

B.
TDV

abell748
10-22-2005, 06:08 AM
They have had them atleast 4 times. About 2 weeks ago they had them and sold out while I was starting to process my order and a few days later my wife caught them on starwarsshop and ordered me one. She got tired of me complaining that preorders selling out this fast is bulls**t. I hope the Wedge pops up soon again so I can get one with the card. Does anyone remember what the release date was on him?

star junky
10-22-2005, 11:58 AM
I hope the Wedge pops up soon again so I can get one with the card. Does anyone remember what the release date was on him?
I e-mailed SWS.com about the wedge I pre-ordered back in July and asked them est. time of shipment and they replied" waiting on shipment date from vendor" When I pre-ordered, October was ship date. I love these pre-order figs, they put them out their and get you to buy and don't have a clue when or if they will ship out. Don't even get me started on the KB 9-pack! that i have called about every week since they put them on their web site. :upset:

Hambone
10-24-2005, 02:49 PM
They must be available again because I just ordered 2.

Val Da Car
10-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Gone again

Turbowars
10-29-2005, 07:22 PM
My card has been charged for these guys, so I guess they will ship soon.:thumbsup: I thought they where going to be a December release.

Luuuuuuke
11-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Turbo, did you get a shipping notice from SWS.com? I've got nothing. Didn't someone already get them?

Turbowars
11-01-2005, 06:54 PM
No not yet, I think Darth Tater got his.

TheDarthVader
11-01-2005, 07:33 PM
If anyone wants, I will trade THREE red shock troopers mint on near mint cards or loose for one of these guys. Just PM me if interested. Thanks.

B.
TDV

figrin bran
11-02-2005, 10:27 AM
i just got my shipping confirmation email this morning and fedex says it should arrive later on today.

they're being shipped from torrance and so all the l.a. area people should get theirs within the week. everyone else, hold on tight b/c they're a comin!

Blackened88
11-02-2005, 11:05 AM
They shipped mine yesterday, said it should arrive the 5th. With Fedex I tend to get my stuff a little early though. :pleased:

James Boba Fettfield
11-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Apparently I must have ordered two of these and forgot about doing so, because I, too, received a shipping email today. I really ought to keep track of what I preorder.

screw
11-02-2005, 11:52 AM
I just got mine a few minutes ago.

timmae
11-02-2005, 01:39 PM
wow, they look sweeeeet. i got my shipping confirmation today too! come on fed x!!!:whip:

El Chuxter
11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
I knew these were on the way when I called the bank and had a mysterious pending charge in the exact amount of my preorder. I got the shipping confirmation e-mail today, and fedex.com says they're out for delivery! Yay!

Last time I ordered from starwarshop.com, I actually received my order the day before they sent me an e-mail. I guess they're getting better about giving folks the heads-up. :)

star gazer
11-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Well I just received 3 of these bad boys in the mail. I must say they look really cool. I think the purple paint on the mask and chest plate was a little much,but overall I really like the urban camo paint. The packaging looks really nice as well. They all came in their own star case.

CooLJoE
11-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Got mine today. I'm pleasantly surprised with these clones. Glad I ordered two of them, so I can keep one MOC.

I have to say though, why oh why didn't Hasbro use this style card/bubble for the ROTS line instead of the annoying one they went with? These clones come on the older style rectangular card with a bubble that is glued ALL THE WAY AROUND to the front of the card.....just like the previous years. And its a nice looking bubble and card design too.

bountyfool
11-09-2005, 11:19 AM
These are sweet! Anyone have an extra one they wouldn't mind selling to a working stiff with limited time to hit the sratwarshop.com site? I also need a red shock trooper : )

dashrender
11-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah I find myself in the same boat as Bountyfool,

Anyone have an extra they want to sell/trade??

ace2005
11-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Dudes, not sure if this is old or new news, but 4:56 central time I just order the Exclusive Covert Ops Clone Trooper off of the starwarsshop.com web site, not sure how long this will last, but they are instock according to their site...

Good Luck,

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104205;category_id=;pcid1=; pcid2=

:bandit:

sith_killer_99
11-09-2005, 07:12 PM
DUDE!

Thank you thank you thank you!

I just scored a couple of these on the site! I am soooooo stoked!:D

bountyfool
11-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks Ace2005. I actually managed to score one this time around! No if I can only find a red clone #6...

Turbowars
11-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Gone. I was surprised they were up as long as they were.

DarkArtist
11-10-2005, 06:46 PM
I just got mine today, But the thing that drives me crazy is that I also ordered it with two costumes for my dog back in September. For the longest time my card was never charged so I assumed that the order never really was placed. So to make a long story short, I picked up a Darth Vader costume for my dog in Target and now I am stuck with another one. One the reciept it says that costumes are non- returnable.

So my question is does anyone want a Darth Vader Dog Costume size medium ????

Blackened88
11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
I just got mine today, But the thing that drives me crazy is that I also ordered it with two costumes for my dog back in September. For the longest time my card was never charged so I assumed that the order never really was placed. So to make a long story short, I picked up a Darth Vader costume for my dog in Target and now I am stuck with another one. One the reciept it says that costumes are non- returnable.

So my question is does anyone want a Darth Vader Dog Costume size medium ????
Didn't you get a email order confirmation?

MajikNinja
11-10-2005, 10:22 PM
i know these are not anything really special, but i'm kicking myself in the *** now for not ordering this when I had the chance... originaly i though this was going to be that sweet ninja/stealth trooper from the jedi temple in the ROTS video game, but i guess its not... does anyone think they will ever release a figure based on that ninja clone from Episode III the game? or even remember what they were called?

DarkArtist
11-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Didn't you get a email order confirmation?

I didn't get an email conformation for my order and thought that the order was never placed. After the other attempts to try and get one of the troopers I finally gave up and thought that since maybe I did not have a hyperspace membership that the figure was exclusive to hyperspace members.

Hellboy
11-11-2005, 05:59 PM
I received mine last week and in usual SWS.com fashion all five were just shoved into a box with little to no care as to what condition they would arrive in. 3 of the five had bent cards and/or dented Star Cases. :rolleyes: Good thing I'm planning on opening 4 of the 5 I ordered but it still makes me mad that they don't put more care into their pack jobs especially with higher priced exclusives. :p

mastermatt24
11-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Why should they put effort in to packaging it? It would be way to easy..
:tired:

Blackened88
11-11-2005, 07:38 PM
All five of mine were in excellent condition, opened all of them of course.

plasticfetish
11-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Here's my thoughts on this figure...

It's silver and purple. How "covert" can something that's painted like a "My Little Pony" be?

I'm glad that skipped this thing.

Kill Solo
11-17-2005, 10:16 PM
I received 2 more of these today! Yay!

vulcantouch
11-17-2005, 11:25 PM
-ok then, i look fwd to hearing if you'll wanna do biz (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=30207&page=6&pp=13) :)

Kill Solo
11-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Vulcantouch, sorry dude, but I've decided to hold on to my extra Covert Ops and open it up. I original didn't want to open a freaking 18 dollar toy, but I was sitting there thinking, oh what the hell!:razz:

Luuuuuuke
11-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Here's my thoughts on this figure...

It's silver and purple. How "covert" can something that's painted like a "My Little Pony" be?

He'll be pretty "covert" if the Empire ever invades My Little Pony Land:thumbsup:

Then again what's the point of a "Shadow" trooper with gray stripes and red eyes?

All in all, I'm glad I got one Covert Ops Clone Trooper, but at that price, one is enough.

vulcantouch
11-20-2005, 02:26 PM
-no biggie, thanx for reply :) lmk if you change mind, i don't care if it's been opened :)
vt

Warstar
11-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Got my Covert Ops via Ebay this weekend for $24.00 shipped. Good deal, actually :)

...but PURPLE? PURPLE??? Kind of...weird...I mean I dig the markings but PURPLE? Would be better if they were blue or dark gray...I guess purple just doesn't work for me...

Still- opened mine and it is indeed nice and articulate :)