PDA

View Full Version : R2DToys order 3 MONTHS LATE and still not here!!!!

slothfurnace
08-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Anyone else have trouble with these guys? I ordered a Obi Weathered mini in June, and the site said it was in stock, and it's still not here.

John or whoever it is I have been emailing back and forth has said it was supposed to ship 2 tuesdays ago when he came to the US to ship some stuff, and still no saber.

No email, no tracking #, no nothing.

I am about to run out of patience, and I wonder if anyone else has had this amount of trouble with these folks.

Slothfurnace.

Jayspawn
08-30-2005, 08:57 AM
The wait stinks slothfurnace. I've never ordered from them so I dont know. They've been around a little while so they're reptible as far as I know. Shipping definatly doesnt take that long, so I'd email them (him) back and see if they'd FedEx it over to ya. Or find out if theres some (good) reason for the delay.

Just remember to be polite either way, you'll have a more guaranteed chance of seeing your order.

bobafrett
08-30-2005, 09:08 AM
I used to order from a place in Germany, and it would take a couple weeks to get here. Not sure about R2DToys, aren't they out of England or somewhere on the otherside of the pond?

mm74md
08-31-2005, 10:55 AM
If you paid with a credit card, just contact them & let them know you never got the product. They will issue a chargeback to R2DToys. This will get them to ship your item out and if not you will get your money back

slothfurnace
09-01-2005, 09:01 PM
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

It's here,, in the mailbox today,, It's beautiful!

BUT- I will never order from them again,, I know they might be busy, but that's no excuse for poor customer service. this thing is almost 3 months late, and I never got a tracking #, no "We shipped it" email, not much of an explanation as to why it was late, and no discount whatsoever for the delay.

as far as I am concerned, it might be the only place to get certain things, but I'll never use R2DToys again.

Slothfurnace

Jayspawn
09-01-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm glad you finally got your package slothfurnace! Its a great mini, now just picture how the full-sized looks!!!

nash
09-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Heres mine :)

[/url]http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/618/pict03668cc.jpg

[url="http://imageshack.us"] (http://imageshack.us)http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/6540/pict03638ot.jpg

megaprime33
09-02-2005, 10:17 AM
I don't know whether or not to be glad or still regret not getting the many darth maul full scale sabers when they had them on ebay. It was still sealed, according to them, and it would gone for $280 shipped. I think I still regret not getting it. :cry:

Jayspawn
09-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Its a great lightsaber megaprime33. I love mine! I'm glad I got it when I had the chance.

Nice pictures nash!

yeek
09-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear you got your saber sloth!

Yeah, great pics nash!

slothfurnace
09-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks, Yeek,

I am glad to have it, but still miffed at R2DToys.

Devo
09-07-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm having trouble with them aswell. I ordered a bunch of things from the 3 3/4 " line on August 23rd, they took my money on August 25th and I still haven't received my order - I live in Ireland - they're based in London. Its been an excruciating wait and the longest I've ever had to wait for anything. Perhaps foolishly I placed a second order with them on saturday since I had plenty of money to hand.

I emailed them on Monday night, received an automated 'we are reviewing your inquiry' response on Tuesday and just checked my email today (wednesday) and theres nothing. On another occasion they apparently ignored an email I sent asking what happened with part of an order that was missing and I wasn't charged for. That time they didn't screw me over but were nevertheless unresponsive. So this is worrying. I may have to do as mm74md said - for two orders.

Devo
09-15-2005, 10:44 AM
OK I'll update on my R2dtoys situation for the benefit of anyone who wants to do business with them. I received my 2 orders on Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th respectively. Some items were missing on the first order, they wrote an explanation on the docket for one item (Anakin's swoop bike) but not for a missing figure (EP I mace Windu). I also ordered 2 'Anakin to Vader' Evolutions sets but due to human error presumably that was interpreted as 1 (and i was only charged for one). In my second order they explained for the absence of a Clone wars Mace Windu but not for the fact that I only received 1 ROTS pilot Obi-wan and 1 ROTS Royal guard when in fact I ordered 3 of each of these (and was charged for 3). We phoned them up (my mum did, as it was her card I was using and I have a fear of telephones :o ) and the girl was quite helpful and apologetic in fairness. She said she'd have the missing items from both orders shipped out in one package. So I should probably have those next week and the Anakin swoop and Clone wars Mace windu will follow a few weeks later. In case it caused too much confusion my mum didn't mention the 'Evolutions' fiasco so I will reorder another one of those provided they still have it.

Assuming I do get the rest of my 2 orders I will continue buying from them. In retrospect the wait was only so painful because they are usually rather quick. If it was always almost 3 weeks before I received my stuff then I wouldn't have been overly concerned.

However it does seem that they aren't immune to error. Getting quantities right seems to be a problem either when they are transcribing the order from off the computer (as in what happened with my '2' Anakin evolutions) or when the toys themselves are being gathered (as in my '3' obi pilots and royal guards).

They also aren't great with email in my experience - an email I sent regarding a previous order long ago wasn't replied to at all (granted it was of no consequence to me that particular time) while responses to 2 other emails were brief and unspecific and they seem to only correspond when they have something positive to report.