PDA

View Full Version : Help - too many exclusives!

Sebulba_Fett
08-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Don't get me wrong. Exclusives can be cool, but I'm going into overload. Could someone please help me out and try and make a complete list of all of the exclusives that have come out since ROTS. Extra thanks if you can add where to get them and when they were or are going to be available.

This is what I got so far -

Holographic Yoda - Toys R Us
Lava Vader - Target
CloneTrooper - Target

Slicker
08-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Early Bird Package - WM
CIII Vader

mikey1974
08-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Covert-ops Clonetrooper - swshop.com - now

Anakin Skywlaker and Obi-wan Kenobi lava=reflections - Target - fall

Anakin Skywalkers Jedi Starfighter - Toys R Us - now

Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter - Toys R Us - now

Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter - Target - fall

14" Chewbacca - KB Toys - April

timmae
08-29-2005, 08:46 PM
don't forget holo leia (comic con)
do the EE clontroopers count?

spang2005
08-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Available on Star Wars Shop:

Holographic Leia from ComicCon
Wedge Anitllies
Spec Ops Clonetrooper
Stealth Trooper @ Target

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Go into the thread, "Complete List of SW Merchandise for 2005", or something like that, in this ROTS section. The only one missing is the Covert Ops Clone Trooper (Starwarsshop.com Exclusive). From there you can see all the exclusives, and many of them are in different sections, so be sure to look around.

Kidhuman
08-29-2005, 11:12 PM
TIE Fighter - Target
501st Battle Pack - Kmart

I freakin hate exclusives

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Remember that one of the major reasons these exclusives are so prevalent is to counter all the buying power that Wal-Mart takes in the toy market. Hasbro will make a bigger percentage of the profit when other stores like K-Mart or a Target buy cases from them as opposed to the famous cutthroat policies of Sprawl-Mart which dictates the price they will pay to you or have you face not selling their product in their nation's many stores.

Kidhuman
08-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Then why is WM getting exclusives as well? They have had the

Titanium series
Vader Case
Early Bird set
and are getting the Twin packs.

Its not only the other stores getting them, but its spread around.

Jayspawn
08-30-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm passing on most of the exclusives now. Theres too many to think about tracking down and some of them are just repacks of figures we've all bought already. Exclusives now I think are worth picking and choosing.

bobafrett
08-30-2005, 10:11 AM
The K-Mart nearest to me, is turning into a blend of K-Mart and Sears called Sears essentials, so I haven't even seen the exclusives they have.

jaxx
08-30-2005, 11:42 AM
There's only one K-mart that's anywhere near where I am. All it has is clearanced 12" VOTC Lukes, and Palm Talkers.

I'd love to see the 501st Battle pack (I think it's the Jedi Temple Assault???), but K-Mart doesn't have it.
I'd love to get the Tie Fighter, but Target doesn't even have a price ag for it.
I'd love to get all of the Titaniums/Ultra Tintaniums, but Wal*Marts by me are too sparatic on when they have any selection.

I love exclusives. I hate the prices and the lack of availability, but when I do find one, I quickly grab it up.

decadentdave
08-30-2005, 03:06 PM
All of the overpriced and impossible-to-find retailer exclusives are really making me lose interest in continuing to collect Star Wars. It started with the Target exclusive figures: Lava Vader and Super-Articulated Clonetrooper which were mostly sold back-door to scalpers by the case and continues with the gimmicky Utapau Stealth Clonetrooper and ridiculously overpriced refit TIE Fighter. Shop Star Wars.com has further incensed the collector with the overpriced Wedge Antilles and Shadow Ops Clonetrooper. And the Battle Packs which are nothing but repacks of figures we already have. As much as I like the Jedi Temple Battle Pack, it's nothing more than figures I already have. The 501st Clonetroopers will be available carded this fall. The Anakin figure pack-in looks like he has Down's Syndrome and like I really need another Clone Pilot that is warming the pegs of every single retailer in town and will be clearanced out shortly. Besides, there are only 2 K-Marts left in my city and I don't want to spend the gas money which, like Hasbro's exclusives, is overinflated. Bottom line, I'm pretty much done with collecting now that the films are over with. I'll pick up the last 12 ROTS figures later this year but next year looks like its going to be repaints and re-packs and I'm just not interested anymore. Bye Hasbro. Hello Sideshow.

BFett88
08-30-2005, 04:33 PM
I really want the Tie Fighter but, I don't think I will be able to find it anytime soon.

The reason I hat exclusives is if you don't buy them right away. You will be paying at least double to triple of what they cost in the stores on Ebay. I don't mind them, but so many of them so quickly is just not fun. I mean just this fall alone there are to many. Unfortuantly I can't afford them all right away, so I have to choose. I is always hard to make those types of choices, but it has to be done. To bad I am not a Millionare, I guess I will get them eventually.

I think deep down inside I can't wait for Star Wars to die off. So I don't have to worry about trying to find new stuff that I cant find or these stupid exclusives. Once it is over, I can go on Ebay and patch up my collection for a more resonable price. Then all these collectors that just started buying toys because of the hype will try selling them off. Then I can finally get my hundreds of clones and stormtroopers that I want. I mean I have been collecting for 10 years now since 1995. I can't wait for it to end.

Sebulba_Fett
08-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated.