PDA

View Full Version : Actor Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel) Passes Away

Lord Malakite
08-31-2005, 08:12 AM
This has just been announced by BBC News: Actor Michael Sheard, best known for playing teacher Mr Bronson in long-running children's TV drama Grange Hill in the 1980s, has died aged 65. Sheard gained wider fame as Admiral Ozzel in 1980 Star Wars film The Empire Strikes Back. His other film roles included Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade - one of a string of appearances as Adolf Hitler - and was a regular guest in Doctor Who. His agent said he had cancer and died at home on the Isle of Wight.

bobafrett
08-31-2005, 08:16 AM
That is so sad, I had the pleasure of meeting him at CII 3 years ago, and he was quite a nice man. Very sad.

Ji'dai
08-31-2005, 09:45 AM
Some wise guys in the mortuary will probably put "he is as clumsy as he is stupid" on his tombstone.

So long Admiral... it wasn't just smugglers or some uncharted settlement in the Hoth System after all...

Jayspawn
08-31-2005, 09:55 AM
I got to meet Michael at Celebration III this last April. He was very polite and quiet, and was eating when my friend and I met him. We chatted about this or that then told him that we were off for lunch as well and I remember he said "You have to eat, otherwise you get constapated!".

Good memory.

bobafett07728
08-31-2005, 10:06 AM
This is indeed sad news. I missed meeting him at CIII, but all reports indicated that he was a real cool guy.

RIP Admiral Ozzel, may you be one with the Force.

Lord Malakite
08-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Its hard to decide where to put these topics sometimes. On one hand he is in the Classic Trilogy so you would first think "Classic Trilogy", but on the other hand it isn't really a discussion dealing with the Trilogy itself so you would think "General Discussion" next. :sleeping:

Either way he will be missed.

JEDIpartner
08-31-2005, 10:26 AM
RIP, Mr. Bronson... :(

JimJamBonds
08-31-2005, 10:37 AM
RIP. Making Admiaral in the Royal Navy at 40 is quite the accomplishment. :thumbsup: All joking aside when I saw the title of this thread I would have thought he was older then 65. I didn't know that he was Hitler in Indy but now that I think about it I can see it.

Slicker
08-31-2005, 05:38 PM
I just read this over at RS and it's indeed sad. He played one of the best Hitlers ever in Indy and you can so totally see Adm. Ozzel in him.

2-1B
08-31-2005, 11:04 PM
Nice guy, early last year I got back some Insider pics that I mailed him to get signed. Top bloke, bless his heart. :(

Kidhuman
08-31-2005, 11:33 PM
R.I.P Admiral.

JediTricks
09-01-2005, 02:33 AM
Too bad, I thought he came across as a strong actor with the 2 smaller roles we know him most from. When he was announced as a guest for C3, I thought that he was the most interesting of the bunch, but I didn't make it to the show.